Statement from Budge

kila

haveyouheard 22
4 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

So the benchmark for how you behave at football matches should be guided by Old firm then ?

No, no really..But whats good for the Goose..Surely all should adhere to the rules at Tynecastle not just the home support or do you condone the two cheeks behaviuour  and leave them to themselves  ?? 

Edited by haveyouheard 22

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

14 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Been at every game this season. I stand in N and will continue to do so. 

Bye! Don't let the door smack your arse on the way out.

WheatfieldWarrior
5 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Correct let’s remember the coin came from the cucumber sannie stand!!!!!

will be a guy from N not sitting in his designated seat....

6 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Fans have been asking for it for years through petitions and various surveys. The clubs and associations should be more than well aware. 

Then this is where FoH should kick in. 

Spoiling it for others is not the answer.  

Edited by Paolo

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Bye! Don't let the door smack your arse on the way out.

I will give you a wave from my standing position in N tomorrow ?

number witheld

People who think atmosphere can't be create without flags, being up to your knees in fenian blood and flares.... cmon, how do we get atmosphere at other sporting occasions? Of course you can....

Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will give you a wave from my standing position in N tomorrow ?

You tell em pal. Jump up and down as well so people get a good sight of you.

1 minute ago, number witheld said:

People who think atmosphere can't be create without flags, being up to your knees in fenian blood and flares.... cmon, how do we get atmosphere at other sporting occasions? Of course you can....

Totally agree. The wee neds can't without their bile though.

1 minute ago, Notts1874 said:

They will easily identify him.   He will be the one with the massive cock on his forehead. 

27 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Delighted with this.  Just wish she'd made it clear that it also applies to visiting supporters.  Also wish she had identified the Irish and union flags as unacceptable.

I honestly think it's possible to go to the football without taking a flag.  For every moron she bans, 10 decent people will be more tempted to come along.

This.

I’d rather have 15,000 in the stadium who came to do nothing but watch, enjoy and cheer on the team than house an additional 5,000 wankers who just want a boozed/drugged up party in the stands with fireworks/flares. It’s a myth that this adds to the atmosphere.

We can easily create an atmosphere without that pish.

number witheld
2 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Totally agree. The wee neds can't without their bile though.

probably the same folk who think a saturday night is nae good unless you end up in a pagger

haveyouheard 22

Its just sad  the divide these issues have on the Hearts support.By all means address sectarianism but sit down shut up is not the answer for me 

2 minutes ago, Paolo said:

They will easily identify him.   He will be the one with the massive cock on his forehead. 

I think I know the guy!

masculine-rooster-tattoo-for-men-on-head

KingRudi_2012
Just now, Notts1874 said:

I am unsure what you are getting at. 

Whether you like it or not, a lot of fans do not wish Tynie to go back to being a sanitised library. 

The derby last week was the first time in a while we have outsung Hibs for 90 mins. 

2 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Not a chance. She came out with a similar melodramatic statment before. In the off chance she bans everyone in N lower I will go back to following junior football. Sitting at games doesn't do it for me.

I get what you are saying about standing I grew up standing at football. But the club is trying a address a number of issues and are obviously trying to get back some of the control they have maybe lost within the stadium. Realistically certain sections on mass will stand at derbies and old firm games G for example. But Hearts have to be seen to act and be proactive here

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Its just sad  the divide these issues have on the Hearts support.By all means address sectarianism but sit down shut up is not the answer for me 

There is of course middle ground, and we will find it. Banning these neds won't result in a Tynie full of only the rustling of sweetie papers, no matter what the Chicken Lickens among us claim.

haveyouheard 22
2 minutes ago, Gashauskis9 said:

This.

I’d rather have 15,000 in the stadium who came to do nothing but watch, enjoy and cheer on the team than house an additional 5,000 wankers who just want a boozed/drugged up party in the stands with fireworks/flares. It’s a myth that this adds to the atmosphere.

We can easily create an atmosphere without that pish.

So in your numbers you would banish 25% of our support because you dont like it..Heard it all now

It’s pretty clear that people want to stand, that’s not exactly a naughty thing to want to do so really the club should be looking to accommodate these people or risk losing them. We really need to look seriously into safe standing in an area of the ground. Upper section A or something similar as far away from away fans could work.

As for smoke bombs etc I’m sure most agree there’s no real place for them & would rather not have them. 

Folk who refuse to sit down.

:facepalm:FFS.

Folk who stand and cause others to stand in front of wheelchair users.

:cornette:WTF?

If they refuse to respect others, get these selfish idiots out for good.

john brownlee
3 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will continue to stand at games whether Budge likes it or not ? 

Selfish bar steward, have you ever thought that there might be someone behind you that is unable to stand for long periods of time.

Selkirkhmfc1874
8 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Off course sit down shut up not the answer but there's no place for sectarianism, coin throwing or flares 

1 minute ago, john brownlee said:

Selfish bar steward, have you ever thought that there might be someone behind you that is unable to stand for long periods of time.

He has.  He is an arsehole, though, so doesn’t care.  

1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I am unsure what you are getting at. 

Whether you like it or not, a lot of fans do not wish Tynie to go back to being a sanitised library. 

The derby last week was the first time in a while we have outsung Hibs for 90 mins. 

What has standing up, launching flares and being an all round dick got to do with atmosphere.

You seem adamant on standing up...so you crack on. 

1 hour ago, Ferryjambo99 said:

There's a massive grey area between being a cesspit of sectarian abuse and a library. 

It's not difficult to create an atmosphere without being bigoted, without throwing glorified glowsticks around and without chucking objects at coaches and match officials

Agreed, none of the measures in the statement should stop us getting right behind the team.

Those objecting to Budge's statement seem to be in denial that these incidents are occurring. She has no choice but to take action when a small number of Hearts fans are putting the reputation of the club in jeopardy.

KingRudi_2012
2 minutes ago, john brownlee said:

Everyone around me wants to stand. I have always had a season ticket in N lower for that reason.

9 minutes ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I don't think Budge or anyone else has suggested "shutting up" altogether... just if you're going to shout something sectarian, then shut it instead. But you knew this.

Regarding standing, if 99% can achieve this, then the onus is on the 1% to justify why they are entitled to stand when everyone else is not.

KingRudi_2012

12 minutes ago, mscjambo said:

I get what you are saying about standing I grew up standing at football. But the club is trying a address a number of issues and are obviously trying to get back some of the control they have maybe lost within the stadium. Realistically certain sections on mass will stand at derbies and old firm games G for example. But Hearts have to be seen to act and be proactive here

I understand why the club has made a statement however attacking the standers is OTT. Sectarian singing and pyrotechnics I agree with but threatening to ban whole sections of fans.  

haveyouheard 22
1 minute ago, Hearts_fan said:

I don't think Budge or anyone else has suggested "shutting up" altogether... just if you're going to shout something sectarian, then shut it instead. But you knew this.

Regarding standing, if 99% can achieve this, then the onus is on the 1% to justify why they are entitled to stand when everyone else is not.

Dont be pathetic

Anne has addressed this well but as we can see not everyone is in agreement

Just now, KingRudi_2012 said:

Everyone around me wants to stand. I have always had a season ticket in N lower for that reason.

You are hampering the Club by being one of the contrarians. Just sit down.

I understand why the club has made a statement however attacking the standers is OTT. Sectarian singing and pyrotechnics I agree with but threatening to ban whole sections of fans.  

There is no standing areas at Tynecastle though and HAS been looked at but not possible right now. But you say 'who cares I'm standing anyway?' What us that all about , 'whether Budge cares if not. Hope you get launched pal.

KingRudi_2012
4 minutes ago, Notts1874 said:

What has standing up, launching flares and being an all round dick got to do with atmosphere.

You seem adamant on standing up...so you crack on. 

The most atmospheric sections of fans at grounds up and down Britain all stand. The Kop, Green Brigade, Union Bears, dafties in the East Stand at Easter Road, Aberdeen fans in South Stand. There is a direct correlation between standing and atmosphere. 

I am with you on pyrotechnics being unnecessary. 

Just now, haveyouheard 22 said:

Dont be pathetic

Anne has addressed this well but as we can see not everyone is in agreement

You said "sit down shut up is not the answer". 

I simply pointed out that it's nonsense to suggest anyone claimed "sit down shut up" is the answer. 

The most atmospheric sections of fans at grounds up and down Britain all stand. The Kop, Green Brigade, Union Bears, dafties in the East Stand at Easter Road, Aberdeen fans in South Stand. There is a direct correlation between standing and atmosphere. 

I am with you on pyrotechnics being unnecessary. 

This is also where all their scum is housed. Tell you something does it?

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I've still to hear a good argument why all home sections will be seated and the whole Roseburn will be standing at future Cat A games. Don't think there is one.....if the rules are enforced to the letter, it will embarrassing !   

Please don't give me some old pony about it being the away club's responsibility.....it isn't.                        

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

You are hampering the Club by being one of the contrarians. Just sit down.

In what way am I hampering the club?

3 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Don't think it will come to that. I sit upper G most folk are seasons and tend to stand at the bigger games. Nobody moans. Maybe i am really blind. 

But I think she's addressed issues minor or major on mass in the statement with the intention of as I said before gaining control of the stadium back in many aspects.

KingRudi_2012
3 minutes ago, Jenks said:

There is no standing areas at Tynecastle though and HAS been looked at but not possible right now. But you say 'who cares I'm standing anyway?' What us that all about , 'whether Budge cares if not. Hope you get launched pal.

Why should Hearts fans be treated differently to fans of other clubs who stand at Tynecastle? Are you suggesting Hearts fans should adhere to different rules than OF and Hibs fans? 

Why should Hearts fans be treated differently to fans of other clubs who stand at Tynecastle? Are you suggesting Hearts fans should adhere to different rules than OF and Hibs fans? 

No , a standing section was looked at by the club ! Isn't possible right now. Face facts.

3 hours ago, Victorian said:

Rather more categoric and comprehensive statement of intent than you would ever dream of seeing from other clubs.     I await the avalanche of praise in the media.

Not really. Spurs had one issue with a national flag they didn't like and issued an immediate ban on national flags. It's a strong statement TBF but there are issues it seems to me that are arising because stewarding is so lax ie flares - I regularly go to matches in England and for high risk games EVERYONE gets searched. 

It's inconceivable that people bought tickets for a  game and didn't get their seats because of mob rule.

Personally fed up with arseholes who are  pissed up and refuse to sit down - this was  a constant problem where I was sitting in Murrayfield. 

Anyways , AB is on the case so let's see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, Boab said:

I've still to hear a good argument why all home sections will be seated and the whole Roseburn will be standing at future Cat A games. Don't think there is one.....if the rules are enforced to the letter, it will embarrassing !   

Please don't give me some old pony about it being the away club's responsibility.....it isn't.                        

It's a fairly childish way to look at problem behaviour – not being willing to change unless the other children do first.

How can Hearts hope to enforce no standing on away supporters when some of OUR OWN FANS refuse to comply. 

By standing, these home fans are handing a massive free pass to away fans to do so too!

Thanks for that.

Edited by Hearts_fan

7 minutes ago, Jenks said:

Between you and him I know who the players would rather have behind them.

Kickback against passion.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, mscjambo said:

Don't think it will come to that. I sit upper G most folk are seasons and tend to stand at the bigger games. Nobody moans. Maybe i am really blind. 

But I think she's addressed issues minor or major on mass in the statement with the intention of as I said before gaining control of the stadium back in many aspects.

An official standing section is the way forward. Hopefully one day this can become a reality so we can put debates like this to bed.

45 minutes ago, Boab said:

Sorry, are you sure about this ? You seem to be quite certain so i'll let you confirm but leave you with this...on a couple of occasions over the last couple of seasons, some hooped demon fans have gained entry to the Roseburn using dodgy tickets. It could have been a lot worse but the stewards and old bill coped as best they could in a difficult position. The away fans caused that, it was a public safety issue....who's responsibility was that debacle ?   

Unfortunately Hearts responsibility. In my opinion.

If something had been worse than occurred it would have been down to Hearts to explain why Celtic fans got in to the opposition end. Dodgy tickets or not Hearts (club) are responsible for Hearts stands and occupants. In fairness there would be a disagreement as its an unusual set of circumstances but ultimately we would have to take responsibility as measures are in place to stop this sort of thing happening although in this instance some people have bypassed it somehow. 

Just now, mscjambo said:

The problem with rules is that you have to make them enforceable, or you shouldn't really be making them at all. The current issue at Tynie isn't to do with folk standing, so including that in the raft of measures risks alienating a lot of people as well as removing the focus from the real issues. If folk see that the club is powerless to make a large part of a section sit down then that immediately casts doubts in folks' minds on their ability to police other measures. I don't know who advised Ann to include the standing in the raft of measures, but I feel it is misguided - that's not what the issue here is all about. By all means she could tackle that issue in the future, but not here and now when there are far more important problems to deal with. Just my opinion though.

It seems some people may have a psychological problem with authority, and as Tynecastle has been their "safe space" they simply can't handle being told what to do there.

Just now, Hearts_fan said:

It's a fairly childish way to look at problem behaviour – not being willing to change unless the other children do too.

How can Hearts hope to enforce no standing on away supporters when some of OUR OWN FANS refuse to comply. 

By standing, these home fans are handing a massive free pass to away fans to do so too!

Thanks for that. 

Cut their allocation ,  increase stewarding and pass the cost onto the visiting club fans. 

Home fans - if it's a problem , it should take a few  minutes to get video of the miscreants followed by a warning letter then rescind their STs. It's really not difficult. 

• cosanostra locked this topic