Statement from Budge

kila

4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I take it you don't follow Hearts away at places like Easter Road, Ibrox and Parkhead?

I do sometimes.   Sometimes with someone who would have difficulty standing for ninety minutes.  

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

Just now, Chuck Berry said:

I regularly attend Scotland games at Hampden, it's generally accepted that if you want to sit down the whole game, so to the South (main) Stand or the East Stand.  On the whole, the North and West Stands all stand up.  The stewards don't bat an eyelid.

Indeed. That's how it should be until we can start getting safe standing seats (if that makes sense :)) in. And I don't think it would have been a particular issue at Tynie until the minority started causing the present problem.

portobellojambo1
3 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

Correct but we are not responsible for the behaviour of away fans. If they break them it is the responsibility of the away club to investigate and take action.

I don't think it will ever be as black and white as that. In terms of Health and Safety I suspect anything which reached a stage where legal proceedings were possible the finger would be pointed at the entity which determined the stadium rules, and at Tynecastle that would be determined as Heart of Midlothian. I'm just not sure you can implement rules within a stadium which potentially only apply to 75% of the persons in that stadium

6 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I take it you don't follow Hearts away at places like Easter Road, Ibrox and Parkhead?

I’ve been chucked out for standing up at Parkhead / in front of a wall!  I’ve also seen people getting emptied for standing up for having a ticket and the seat wasn’t there.  

1 hour ago, Koolkeith said:

I’m assuming the flag rule will include away fans? 

Let's deal with our own problems first.

Governor Tarkin
12 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Or is it just 'your own' fans you get all tingly at the thought of filming/photographing ?

If it was his 'own' fans he was filming he'd be nowhere near Tynecastle.

IMO, of course.

Sexton Hardcastle
39 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

The club is responsible for the behaviour and safety of Hearts fans. It is responsible only for the safety of away fans. It is not responsible for the behaviour of away fans. 

This strongly worded statement explains exactly how our fans should behave when in the stadium so both sets of supporters are safe and can enjoy themselves. If any away fans start chucking things or waving provocative flags then its up to the police to deal with it. NOT US. We only have a responsibility for the behaviour of our fans.

Fair enough. 

Can look forward to even even more tri colours, UJ and other provocative flags and the police doing hee haw about it. If she’s going this far she should really be getting other clubs and the other bodies involved to stamp wider issues out.

3 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Indeed. That's how it should be until we can start getting safe standing seats (if that makes sense :)) in. And I don't think it would have been a particular issue at Tynie until the minority started causing the present problem.

I would suggest that the reinforcement of the no standing would have come from meetings with various authorities since the Hibs game. If people hadn't been playing smoke bomb terrace it would't have come about.

Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

A wee chorus of “stand up if you hate the Hibs” could interesting 

Nothing different will happen

Unless you start singing 'stand for the whole game if you hate the Hibs'

1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I don't think it will ever be as black and white as that. In terms of Health and Safety I suspect anything which reached a stage where legal proceedings were possible the finger would be pointed at the entity which determined the stadium rules, and at Tynecastle that would be determined as Heart of Midlothian. I'm just not sure you can implement rules within a stadium which potentially only apply to 75% of the persons in that stadium

It's a question of enforcement. That's much easier with our own fans when seat numbers are known (which is why Ann's statement refers to supporters needing to sit in their own seats). How do you enforce the rules on the visiting fans? That's a question that will certainly need to be addressed. As I mentioned in another post, if the visiting club is not willing to work with us and help steward their own fans, reducing the ticket allocation for visiting clubs whose fans consistently break stadium rules may be the only answer.

Governor Tarkin
20 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

they are pointless and can be dangerous

They are not pointless, they look great. They may be dangerous though, I'll give you that, but so is mashing a keyboard with your forehead, which you don't appear to have a problem with.

:)

1 hour ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will continue to stand at games whether Budge likes it or not ? 

1 hour ago, KyleLafferty said:

Looking forward to not having Celtic or Rangers at Tynecastle anymore then! 

Or Hibs fans.

I’m sure levein said he didn’t want an overreaction after the derby because the atmosphere was electric (bar the *****’s that threw stuff) 

Shanks said no
3 minutes ago, kila said:

Nothing different will happen

Unless you start singing 'stand for the whole game if you hate the Hibs'

So AB wasn’t telling us to sit?

3) In the interests of safety, supporters are expected to remain seated during a match, with the exception of goal celebrations

2 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

I’m sure levein said he didn’t want an overreaction after the derby because the atmosphere was electric (bar the *****’s that threw stuff) 

By "over-reaction" he meant derbies being played behind closed doors.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

And we keep them safe by forcing them to sit. We do not have "safe-standing", therefore they are unsafe and we must look after them by asking them to sit and, if they refuse, throwing them out for their own safety.

Correct Nookie. If she is to have the same plan of action for visiting supporters then I'll grudgingly sit down.  Otherwise like the stewards she'll be getting telt to :bolt:

Still disagree with people being made to sit in sections where everyone stands therfore not impacting the experience for others. All atmosphere comes from these 2 sections. (G & N) 

Derbys at Tynecastle will never be the same.

Well you won’t be at many home games if that’s the case whether you like it or not.

I do love Budge. But shes slowly going to turn Tynecastle back into a Library. I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. There is no need for the pitch melting Pyro though.

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

So AB wasn’t telling us to sit?

3) In the interests of safety, supporters are expected to remain seated during a match, with the exception of goal celebrations

I really don't think Hearts are going to enforce no standing unless there is a goal, it's just to stop people standing for the entire game.

Jump to your feet when something significant happens, like a bad tackle, bust up on the pitch between players, goal etc. Then sit down again.

I think there is enough appetite for a standing section using rail seating, in the Gorgie would be a good place, furthest from the away fans.

So does Neil Lennon’s baseless accusations now dictate what Budge says? The whole thing has been blown out of proportion thanks to the west coast media who protect their own and savage Hearts. 

2 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

By "over-reaction" he meant derbies being played behind closed doors.

Instead we will all be sitting too scared to fart.. over reaction from the club. The people throwing stuff from N and G don’t sit there, they have all just piled in to these sections to be as close to the away fans as possible. All this is going to do is put more pressure on the already useless stewards and police. Section N and G stir up the atmosphere in the stadium if people want to admit it or not. Tomorrow will be like a morg 

12 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Let's deal with our own problems first.

Let's not. Let's treat everyone that comes to Tynecastle in exactly the same way and let's expect them to abide by the same rules and regulations.

1 minute ago, Paul Shark said:

Let's not. Let's treat everyone that comes to Tynecastle in exactly the same way and let's expect them to abide by the same rules and regulations.

Correct.

11 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

That only applies if they can actually read.

Personally, I have my doubts.

Well, precisely.

Shanks said no
7 minutes ago, kila said:

I really don't think Hearts are going to enforce no standing unless there is a goal, it's just to stop people standing for the entire game.

Jump to your feet when something significant happens, like a bad tackle, bust up on the pitch between players, goal etc. Then sit down again.

I think there is enough appetite for a standing section using rail seating, in the Gorgie would be a good place, furthest from the away fans.

No problem Kila, just feel she has opened an unnecessary can of worms. She could have solved most of the lower N and G problems by seating stewards or police in the now empty seats, thereby nipping any issues in the bud.

ps I can remember Mercer thinking he could tame the Shed and coming to the corner. He only did that once.

Edited by The Frenchman Returns

The Future's Maroon

100% only here to cause arguments, doubt very much you have ever been in the home end. If from some miracle you are and do sit in N, quite simply you won’t for long.

6 minutes ago, henry said:

So does Neil Lennon’s baseless accusations now dictate what Budge says? The whole thing has been blown out of proportion thanks to the west coast media who protect their own and savage Hearts. 

Nope. People chucking flares and smokebombs have dictated what Ann has said.

7 minutes ago, kila said:

That is what I think.  And I have no issues with this.   

Standing for the entire game, however...

To follow up the statement of intent when the bigot brothers sing their ditties from their well known song book. Write to the guilty club and simply say for their next home game they will get no tickets and state the reason why. Publish the letter in the press so that all can see. Then watch for the back lash from the media. And stuff the money let’s do it for our sake.

Buy your ticket, sit in the seat allocated and don't bring a flag and a smoke bomb to the game. I reckon a good 95% of us will be fine and this is pretty much a nothing to see here statement. 

It's clear for the other 5% what they have to do. 

There's a massive grey area between being a cesspit of sectarian abuse and a library. 

It's not difficult to create an atmosphere without being bigoted, without throwing glorified glowsticks around and without chucking objects at coaches and match officials

Governor Tarkin
19 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we not just get a couple of organs in the ground and sing together in harmony?

Most of the organs are on Kickback, mate ;)

I always stand at Hibs, Celtic and Rangers games.

Tbh I wouldn't mind if everyone sat- my knees are killing me after 45 minutes of standing :D

HEARTS FOREVER

Can't wait to see her take action when the  Old firm come to town. 

Also if this is the warning WE are getting......I can only imagine the warning dumpster will be handing out will be far sterner. 

23 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Instead we will all be sitting too scared to fart.. over reaction from the club. 

I'll be sitting behaving exactly the same way I usually do.

Don't act like a bell-end and you won't have any problems.

52 minutes ago, Masonic said:

Whole stadium should take flares to the killie game as a protest. What they going to do chuck the whole crowd out?

There good enough for champions league and international matches but not in Scotland?

What was the point in even having a section for atmosphere?

You should swop the S for a R in your username.

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Must admit, I stand at most games and have never had any bother. I always make sure I'm in the back row so there's nobody behind me. Your second sentence is generally good advice. My only real concern is that occasional 'over exuberance' becomes a crime punishable by bans. In a crowd of thousands there's always going to be some who are offended by everything.

Edited by Governor Tarkin

haveyouheard 22
2 hours ago, Erik said:

I expect the line '- Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent.' to be quoted a lot in this thread.

The 'defense' of most of Celtics song book for the last however many years has usually always been 'aye but its no even sectayreeeun' - which has allowed them to get away with a songbook which is 90% political in its content.

AB's words will remain only words till such times as she takes action against the supporters who come to visit and flaunt these rules - not minorities, but in almost their entirety.

Agreed ^^^

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Notts1874 said:

Don't behave like a weapon and you will be just fine. Rules for all seater stadia aren't just limited to Tynecastle...........but you all know that.

The thicko’s don’t understand that.

4 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I stand in section N and have for 3 years and never “acted like a bellend” . Like I said before the ones that have don’t normally sit in N. They pile in for the big games 

The Real Maroonblood

Meet me at Stratties tomorrow then and we can discuss football? I have followed football my whole life. I wasn't introduced to it in middle aged having had zero interest previously. 

:rofl::rofl:

• cosanostra locked this topic