Statement from Budge

kila

The 'I always stand brigade' need to have a word.  I prefer to stand at the football but if I get to my seat and see the people behind me aren't standing then I will sit down.  You'd have to be an utter bellend to continue standing even if you have someone behind you that can't see because they can't/won't stand.

This is why the club have had to have a blanket ban on standing because there's folk that just ruin it for everyone sadly.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

1 hour ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Ann has principles when it suits her. She increased the OF's allocation ensuring we have a stand full of sectarian standing bigots 4 games a season. She is a walking contradicition. 

I am in a section full of people who want to stand. No one will be chucking me down any stairs ?

Just go back to junior football mate. You seem the type for it.

No need for anyone throwing shit, fighting, spitting, singing sectarian songs etc... 

But pyrotechnics are great, everyone standing and singing makes a proper colourful and hostile atmosphere. 

Granny Budge just wants everyone sitting in silence, eating prawn sannies and rustling their werthers originals wrappers. Maybe the old biddies can bring their knitting along as well. 

Sad times.

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

If Ann thinks I'm sitting when all of the Roseburn is standing she can get ****ed. I will quite happily get a lawyer involved.

It's going to be fun tomorrow.

As a lawyer I’d tell you to GTF.

You’ve been told the rules of attending a game - tough shit.

40 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Correct Nookie. If she is to have the same plan of action for visiting supporters then I'll grudgingly sit down.  Otherwise like the stewards she'll be getting telt to :bolt:

Still disagree with people being made to sit in sections where everyone stands therfore not impacting the experience for others. All atmosphere comes from these 2 sections. (G & N) 

Derbys at Tynecastle will never be the same.

All the flares (home ones) come from  those two areas as well. Coincidence? 

2 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

The 'I always stand brigade' need to have a word.  I prefer to stand at the football but if I get to my seat and see the people behind me aren't standing then I will sit down.  You'd have to be an utter bellend to continue standing even if you have someone behind you that can't see because they can't/won't stand.

This is why the club have had to have a blanket ban on standing because there's folk that just ruin it for everyone sadly.

Agree on that. It’s either everyone stands or everyone sits.

I’d prefer everyone stood however. Obviously that’s why we should have designated areas for standing and designated areas for families, so that kids can see.

1 hour ago, Longshanks said:

- Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent.

Look forward to this being enforced.  Not going to start a debate but the club may as well just ban flags from the stadium.

I kind of agree

Truth is though any Hearts fan that takes a Union Flag to a game is doing it for a trolling/sectarian reason.

The White Cockade

Well said Mrs B

Great statement 

Flares Smoke Bombs etc are dangerous 

Not sure why so many people think they are acceptable

If anybody is unhappy with the measures being taken then blame the half wits who cause the problems not the Club

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

I’d prefer everyone stood however. Obviously that’s why we should have designated areas for standing and designated areas for families, so that kids can see.

None of the stadium is or has a standing area. 

Its all seated.

Edited by Jammy T

number witheld
2 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

No need for anyone throwing shit, fighting, spitting, singing sectarian songs etc... 

But pyrotechnics are great, everyone standing and singing makes a proper colourful and hostile atmosphere. 

Granny Budge just wants everyone sitting in silence, eating prawn sannies and rustling their werthers originals wrappers. Maybe the old biddies can bring their knitting along as well. 

Sad times.

Pyrotechnics are great - even when they damage the pitch costing the club money to fix? i think budge wants a decent atmosphere, and that can be achieved without pyrotechnics as they are for idiots if you ask me.

39 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

I do love Budge. But shes slowly going to turn Tynecastle back into a Library. I thought the atmosphere was brilliant. There is no need for the pitch melting Pyro though.

And  the thrown objects? 

37 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

Instead we will all be sitting too scared to fart.. over reaction from the club. The people throwing stuff from N and G don’t sit there, they have all just piled in to these sections to be as close to the away fans as possible. All this is going to do is put more pressure on the already useless stewards and police. Section N and G stir up the atmosphere in the stadium if people want to admit it or not. Tomorrow will be like a morg 

No, that's an over-reaction from you.

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

The rules are on the back of a match ticket though for all fans.  Could argue one rule for one and one the other though surely?  

42 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

Correct Nookie. If she is to have the same plan of action for visiting supporters then I'll grudgingly sit down.  Otherwise like the stewards she'll be getting telt to :bolt:

That's pleasing especially if YOU get telt to bolt as a consequence.

Just now, redjambo said:

No, that's an over-reaction from you.

Hahaha please explain how it’s a over reaction from me?

53 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

Let's deal with our own problems first.

Police will be able to go into the away end as they please. Don’t see why it won’t be applied wholesale

number witheld

wonder what the players think of pyrotechnics, probably think its a right pain in the backside. as for people saying budge wants a library, she doesnt she just wants our fans to behave with a little bit of decency. rise above the antics of the opposition fans

Edited by number witheld

Just now, Cruyff Turn said:

There are many reasons why someone may not be able to stand, or may not want to stand, so anyone who actively chooses to stand for the whole game, in an all seater stadium, that does not permit standing, not considering those who can’t, for the whole game, is an arsehole, in my book. 

Just now, 1874KRM said:

Hahaha please explain how it’s a over reaction from me?

You honestly think we will all be sitting too scared to fart?

No? Then that's an over-reaction.

1 minute ago, Inch Hearts said:

The rules are on the back of a match ticket though for all fans.  Could argue one rule for one and one the other though surely?  

There has just been a set of rules issued from the club - clear, express, transparent.

Good luck with your claim though

ROFL

5 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Yep spot on, sure it must've been discussed but the club really should have made perhaps a section of the new main stand safe standing.  Now we are stuck in a situation like this.

Delighted with this.  Just wish she'd made it clear that it also applies to visiting supporters.  Also wish she had identified the Irish and union flags as unacceptable.

I honestly think it's possible to go to the football without taking a flag.  For every moron she bans, 10 decent people will be more tempted to come along.

14 minutes ago, 1874KRM said:

I stand in section N and have for 3 years and never “acted like a bellend” . Like I said before the ones that have don’t normally sit in N. They pile in for the big games 

You won't have any issues then if you just sit down instead of standing up.

3 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Yep spot on, sure it must've been discussed but the club really should have made perhaps a section of the new main stand safe standing.  Now we are stuck in a situation like this.

We're only stuck in a situation like this because the club decided to include standing in their statement. A wrong move, imo. As we've seen on here, it draws the debate, and the action, away from where it should be, and that's the bigotry, the flares/smoke bombs, the throwing of objects, etc. Never cast your net too wide...

Edited by redjambo

It should have been ten
2 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will continue to stand at games whether Budge likes it or not ? 

16914A55-B5B3-4C7C-9D6E-892AEDBB846F.thumb.jpeg.8504a57eceeb9a267f7080273d59d748.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

But they didn’t.

We are not stuck with a situation 

It was more expensive and it is therefore an all seater stadium in which people are not allowed to stand and watch the game.

Its very simple.

Sit down and watch the game. 

Edited by Jammy T

KingRudi_2012
52 minutes ago, Dannie Boy said:

Well you won’t be at many home games if that’s the case whether you like it or not.

Do you think the whole of Section N lower will be banned from Tynecastle?

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

None of the stadium is or has a standing area. 

Its all seated.

That’s why it needs to change. Folk don’t want to sing sitting down.

4 minutes ago, number witheld said:

Pyrotechnics are great - even when they damage the pitch costing the club money to fix? i think budge wants a decent atmosphere, and that can be achieved without pyrotechnics as they are for idiots if you ask me.

They shouldn’t be near the pitch but each to their own.

1 minute ago, Paolo said:

There are many reasons why someone may not be able to stand, or may not want to stand, so anyone who actively chooses to stand for the whole game, in an all seater stadium, that does not permit standing, not considering those who can’t, for the whole game, is an arsehole, in my book. 

I agree, it’s rude as feck that’s why we need designated areas for standing.

The simple fact of the matter is that folk aren’t going to sit when they are singing, it’s just weird and if you enforce everyone to sit, no one is going to sing. Which makes a crap atmosphere.

Clubs, not just ours, but across the Country need to put in standing areas to stop people standing in front of paying customers but also to allow folk to stand. 

1 hour ago, VladMagic said:

100% correct so if something happens to away fans that is caused by away fans it is the responsibility of the away club to investigate and take action. No responsibility what so ever from Hearts.

We deal with our own fans.

Sorry, are you sure about this ? You seem to be quite certain so i'll let you confirm but leave you with this...on a couple of occasions over the last couple of seasons, some hooped demon fans have gained entry to the Roseburn using dodgy tickets. It could have been a lot worse but the stewards and old bill coped as best they could in a difficult position. The away fans caused that, it was a public safety issue....who's responsibility was that debacle ?   

KingRudi_2012
44 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

100% only here to cause arguments, doubt very much you have ever been in the home end. If from some miracle you are and do sit in N, quite simply you won’t for long.

Been at every game this season. I stand in N and will continue to do so. 

It should have been ten
1 minute ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Been at every game this season. I stand in N and will continue to do so. 

Not for much longer then.

1 minute ago, Cruyff Turn said:

That’s why it needs to change. Folk don’t want to sing sitting down.

They shouldn’t be near the pitch but each to their own.

I agree, it’s rude as feck that’s why we need designated areas for standing.

The simple fact of the matter is that folk aren’t going to sit when they are singing, it’s just weird and if you enforce everyone to sit, no one is going to sing. Which makes a crap atmosphere.

Clubs, not just ours, but across the Country need to put in standing areas to stop people standing in front of paying customers but also to allow folk to stand. 

We possibly do need such a section.   But fans should campaign for it, rather than spoil it for others.  

This is is an area where, perhaps FoH could, or should have influence over. 

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, It should have been ten said:

Not for much longer then.

It would be unprecedented for a club to ban a whole section of fans for standing given it goes on at just about every ground in the country.

Edited by KingRudi_2012

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

regardless - they are pointless and can be dangerous - so banned for life if bringing it again - I might start just filming areas of fans at these games and then easy to spot them

I will personally report you if I see you photographing or filming near me. You will be in breach of the ground regulations 

8    With the exception of authorised media representatives holding accreditation issued by the club/event organiser, the taking of photographs or filming by any means inside the ground is prohibited.

9 minutes ago, Longshanks said:

Yep. There needs to be a happy medium. Perhaps all lower tiers or seats below the concourse are all standing. Then there is easy escape to stop any crushing issues and it can be policed. 

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

I will personally report you if I see you photographing or filming near me. You will be in breach of the ground regulations 

8    With the exception of authorised media representatives holding accreditation issued by the club/event organiser, the taking of photographs or filming by any means inside the ground is prohibited.

:sweeet:

haveyouheard 22

I wonder when when one of the OF fans are in Town next will they will be told to sit, watch what they are singing and be careful what flags they are flying ?? or is money more important than principle when it comes to real offenders 

4 minutes ago, Paolo said:

We possibly do need such a section.   But fans should campaign for it, rather than spoil it for others.  

This is is an area where, perhaps FoH could, or should have influence over. 

Fans have been asking for it for years through petitions and various surveys. The clubs and associations should be more than well aware. 

24 minutes ago, Cruyff Turn said:

Sad times.

Maybe because it can damage our new pitch which cost loads? Thought about that? Or are you one if these big bairns who goes in a month with fireworks?

4 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

It would be unprecedented for a club to ban a whole section of fans for standing given it goes on at just about every ground in the country.

You keeps standing. Make sure you wear something bright so you stand out in the crowd.

We are in danger of isolating the young team and all will be left with is a souless stadium. When i look at the photo of them all with flairs, flags etc I see passion, we will be left with middle aged kickbackers on their phones, sad stuff.

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

I wonder when when one of the OF fans are in Town next will they will be told to sit, watch what they are singing and be careful what flags they are flying ?? or is money more important than principle when it comes to real offenders 

So the benchmark for how you behave at football matches should be guided by Old firm then ?

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

We are in danger of isolating the young team and all will be left with is a souless stadium. When i look at the photo of them all with flairs, flags etc I see passion, we will be left with middle aged kickbackers on their phones, sad stuff.

Can they not leave the flares since they are banned??? Or all of their shitty political and red hand of Ulster flags?? Absolute ****in Bawbags.

Edited by Jenks

You know what's a real shame?

The fact Budge has to come out with this as we are sitting top of the league which is a lot higher than expected from our club as this stage. The extremely fast progress should be getting praised but no, the brainless and want to be hard men are killing the vibe by acting like children. 

Have a word with yourselves. 

number witheld
1 minute ago, Jenks said:

Can they not leave the flares since they are banned??? Or all of their shitty political and red hand of Ulster flags?? Absolute ****in Bawbag.

agreed. 100%

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

You know what's a real shame?

The fact Budge has to come out with this as we are sitting top of the league which is a lot higher than expected from our club as this stage. The extremely fast progress should be getting praised but no, the brainless and want to be hard men are killing the vibe by acting like children. 

Have a word with yourselves. 

This

3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Correct let’s remember the coin came from the cucumber sannie stand!!!!!

• cosanostra locked this topic