Statement from Budge

kila

Reach the first 2 pages and that's enough to see that it is our loyalist fans upset about this so well done Mrs budge. Maybe they will finally get the hint that, no matter how many games they have been to, they are not wanted at tynecastle

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KingRudi_2012

• MacDonald Jardine

• Beast Boy

• redjambo

11 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Heres why she wants you to sit down

In a crowd standing the offenders can easily hide, they are difficult to identify on CCTV and through their seat numbers especially if no one is in the right seat.

If you want to stand again you will adhere to the new rules. If you want those who partake in criminal activities out of the club you’ll sit down

Thats the bottom line, and again why are you unhappy at the club and no expressing your dismay at those who caused this?

i can be unhappy at people throwing coins smoke bombs etc and still be ok with standing. standing at football is done by thousands of fans every week at lots of clubs I believe the club are over reacting.  can't wait for the club to try and enforce away fans to sit down oh wait they won't because they can't unless ann wants to give up the cash from rangers Celtic and hibs which she won't.so standing is allowed if it's going benefit hearts financially if it's that much of an issue she would ban away fans but as I say she  won't because the bottom line is a bigger issue so I'm afraid the club cannot have their cake and eat it with this issue.  

54 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

I would be happy to see Celtic and the Rangers's allocations cut.

I'd also back any move to enforce sitting on all Hearts fans.

Fair enough but I'm not saying make an example of them now.  But expectations should be set with consequences clearly set out in advance. There's no need for the club to lose money - pass it on to the visiting fans (of whatever club) ie the cost of extra stewarding & lost revenue for additional segregation. Having said that , the major problem "here and now" is games with the Hobos. These have become absolutely poisonous in the last few years and that does need to be addressed quickly. 

24 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Budge is 100% correct and if anyone has any problem with it then they are the ones with an issue 

All this taik of banning Hearts fans,yet nothing about scummy away fans,these young guys will have kids some day,so in effect,we are alienating fans of the future,when they start to act on away fans,in same way as our own fans,then I will take notice of this statement.Interesting to note,no one getting banned from being a FOH member

4 hours ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I will continue to stand at games whether Budge likes it or not ? 

:rofl:

haveyouheard 22
3 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Reach the first 2 pages and that's enough to see that it is our loyalist fans upset about this so well done Mrs budge. Maybe they will finally get the hint that, no matter how many games they have been to, they are not wanted at tynecastle

Says who

Like it or not Hearts have an element that go home and away that will always piss some off i tend to ignore as I have all my days, its nothing new, well till the internet appeared 

Ann is starting a fight she won’t win. I think the fallout might hasten her departure from Tynie. I can imagine what her inbox will look like on Monday.

I was expecting her statement to be to give some balance to the Neil Lennon sectarian nonsense. I think she is right to call out the smoke bombs as that was really dangerous but the rest is not that big a deal.

25 minutes ago, henry said:

What’s been lost in all the hysteria is that the atmosphere v hibs was as good as it’s been for a long time. Levein himself commented on that as well. I really do fear that we will lose our biggest asset if fans are having to sit and not say any nasty things to opposition players and make Tynecastle a horrible place to come and play. I want the opposition to fear coming to Tynecastle but it appears some don’t get it. 

Do you include the throwing of coins, keys etc as well as firing flares in the ‘atmosphere’ that was so good? I think the atmosphere would have been equally as good if no coins had been thrown and there were no flares. 

KingRudi_2012
10 minutes ago, henry said:

Thats it in a nut shell. 

Dempster backs hibs fans at every turn. Budge exasperated the situation. 

Imagine the statement Budge would have released if we had done what Hibs fans did in 2016 at Hampden. 

1 minute ago, haveyouheard 22 said:

Says who

Like it or not Hearts have an element that go home and away that will always piss some off i tend to ignore as I have all my days, its nothing new, well till the internet appeared 

Meh, never too late to change. Let’s get the nasty ***** rooted out. ?

Governor Tarkin
1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

It seems some people may have a psychological problem with authority, and as Tynecastle has been their "safe space" they simply can't handle being told what to do there.

And neither they should.

Great statement well needed. Some of the knuckle draggers ruining the name of the club should be ashamed. 

I get the concern about away fans but when did 2 wrongs make a right? Lets focus on getting our own house in order home and away before worrying about others. 

If you dont like it no one forces you to go to games. Or go and watch a team who are not prepared to stand up to moronic behaviour.

3 minutes ago, DVB said:

Ann is starting a fight she won’t win. I think the fallout might hasten her departure from Tynie. I can imagine what her inbox will look like on Monday.

I was expecting her statement to be to give some balance to the Neil Lennon sectarian nonsense. I think she is right to call out the smoke bombs as that was really dangerous but the rest is not that big a deal.

The fallout :lol:

The vast majority of our fans will be 100% behind her.

KingRudi_2012
14 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

...........and nobody calls us diet huns, oh no, not at all.  Open yer eyes.

I couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think of us. 

3 minutes ago, hellokello said:

All this taik of banning Hearts fans,yet nothing about scummy away fans,these young guys will have kids some day,so in effect,we are alienating fans of the future,when they start to act on away fans,in same way as our own fans,then I will take notice of this statement.Interesting to note,no one getting banned from being a FOH member

Seems to me there was a major issue with yobs refusing to sit in appropriate seats. We undoubtedly had an issue with flares and coin throwing. All this from our own fans. Hearts need to look closer to home before throwing mud at away fans. ABs statement comes on the back of the derby. 

23 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hope they don't post pictures of Ann's face in some crosshairs. 

That's SO 2016...

We shall see. They do think there is nothing wrong with the Lee Rigby flag though.

The key thing in the statement re. flags is the intent part. Though in practice it will probably be quite difficult to prove that someone took a UJ to the math with the intent to use it to make a political/sectarian statement.

13 minutes ago, farin said:

Some of the stuff he’s re-tweeting. 

:vrface:

I am retweeting his stuff as well. For very different reasons.

4 minutes ago, DVB said:

Her club , her rules. She has already made it patently clear she has the strength to make tough decisions and fight her corner.  If AB can't win a fight against mob rule, coin throwing and flares then the club is in serious trouble. 

Just worried it has taken Ann Budge over a week to come out with this, i hope she wasnt influenced by nicola sturgeons disgraceful attitude to Hearts in parliament yesterday supporting neil lennon in a biased manner.

32 minutes ago, Sir Vladimir of Romanov said:

Where did I ever say I did? 

Do they? ? 

Best to just let them do what they like then. 

Nailed it. 

Never suggested that though.   I'm talking about her statements.     Away supporters should be policed the same as the home fans but that's an entirely separate matter from Budge's statements.     The thing I was commenting on.

KingRudi_2012
15 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Ah, but I think that may no longer be the case. According to the press release, "Singing or chanting of any song or flying of any flag which is recognised as being sectarian, racist or political in its intent" (my emphasis). I think that Union and Ulster flags flown at Tynie will probably be covered by that. We'll see what transpires...

We will see. I just can't imagine the club ejecting people for flying the Union flag given the history of the club. It would be terrible PR. 

1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

The key thing in the statement re. flags is the intent part. Though in practice it will probably be quite difficult to prove that someone took a UJ to the math with the intent to use it to make a political/sectarian statement.

The UJ clearly doesn’t fall into political or sectarian. No national flags do. 

Have  I got this wrong? Most of the flares and items thrown by home support in Hibs game came from sections g and n. Common-sense suggests that if these areas are occupied by people standing it’s much easier to hide the flares etc as well as making it harder for police to identify culprits. The fact that it’s known that these sections are usually occupied by a lot of fans with tickets for other sections adds to the problem of preventing trouble as well as identifying those responsible for any trouble. It’s quite simple, if sections g and n were occupied only by fans with tickets for that area, that no flares coins etc were thrown from those areas and that no silly sectarian songs were sung from those sections then none of the proposed actions outlined by Ann would be required. Standing would probably still be tolerated in what is a seating area. 

The club have allowed unofficial standing in those sections but sadly this has been abused. Not sure what alternatives the Club had. 

Edited by soonbe110

41 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

Budge is 100% correct and if anyone has any problem with it then they are the ones with an issue 

Why should we look closer to home,why not deal with both sets of fans,also the behaviour of opposition managers.

5 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

I couldn't care less what fans of other clubs think of us. 

Shame that. Ann and the other directors who have grown us as a business to an unprecedented size are really in to that. So am I if it makes us a better team to watch, which it does. :(

52 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think this continued use of children remarks does the debate no favours and demeans it.

Patronising comments to anyone with critical observations of this statement doesn't help.

It's not even a question of standing or not, it's the potentially ridiculous situation in the future where the whole Roseburn will be standing, singing sectarian songs and waving flags and there doesn't seem to be a will to do something tangible about it.

It's really really hard not to draw comparisons like that though when you're repeatedly faced with people insisting that "aye but they do it worse than us" or "what about them over there" or "I don't care what anyone else says I'll do whatever the **** I like" or "I'm no goin back cos I can't chuck boiling hot cannisters of coloured smoke"  "Omg she wants this place to be a LIBRARY" or "can't believe I'm going to get a lifetime ban just for standing up to go to the loo!" or all the other totally ridiculously childish OTT reactions. That's the polite ones too, some of the less polite ones elsewhere on the internet have been horrific, misogynist, bigoted poison. 

As others said, just don't be a total bell and you'll be fine. I'm not sure there's actually anything new in this statement at all anyway. These rules were already in place. 

Lots of sense in statement but the standing bit is nonsense. From what I can see its whole sections, more or less that stand. Cant see how that causes a major problem. People seem to enjoy standing and feel it leads to a better atmosphere, more singing etc. Should we all sit down and let other teams stand and create an atmosphere. Bonkers.

9 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

The fallout :lol:

The vast majority of our fans will be 100% behind her.

That’s the problem imagine the amount of reports of bad behaviour that she will receive from the majority of our fans all expecting her to be true to her word.

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, Glib and Shameless Crier said:

Shame that. Ann and the other directors who have grown us as a business to an unprecedented size are really in to that. So am I if it makes us a better team to watch, which it does. :(

Success on the park determines how successful a club we are. Not beating your fans with a stick for behaviour that is widesepread among football fans and caring what fans of other clubs think of us. 

FWIW I work in and live in Glasgow and we are universally hated by fans of all clubs. Nothing Ann says or does will change that.

28 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Yes Hearts fans threw coins and chucked pyro. Hibs fans threw a similar amount. I can guarantee you Dempster and Petrie will not issue a statement threatening to ban whole sections of fans. Coins and pyro are widespread at the moment in the Scottish game. 

A few young laddies flying Union and Ulster flags is not sectarian or breaking any rules. I would rather they were not flown but it is simply reflective of a societal issue. Hearts have not banmed the flying of national flags so no rules broken there.

We sing one song that can have sectarian lyrics of which the majority do not sing the sectarian version. If you were an outsider reading JKB you would think Tynie was a sea of bigotry for 90 minutes. It is not! Name me sectarian songs we sing other than Hello Hello?

A lot of our section g mob ruined sweet Caroline by added stuff about the bishop of Rome. Admittedly this was usually in the concourse at fulltime. Scott Wilson stopped playing , coincidence. There was also a shan song about Don Cowie and the IRA sung often last season. To be honest most of their really offensive stuff they keep for the streets and public transport.

6 minutes ago, henry said:

The UJ clearly doesn’t fall into political or sectarian. No national flags do. 

Depends what you do with it and what your intended outcome is though

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Her club , her rules. She has already made it patently clear she has the strength to make tough decisions and fight her corner.  If AB can't win a fight against mob rule, coin throwing and flares then the club is in serious trouble. 

Sorry mate ,"our club" not her club. Think the past few years have demonstrated that! No one but the supporters "owns" HEARTS

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Success on the park determines how successful a club we are. Not beating your fans with a stick for behaviour that is widesepread among football fans and caring what fans of other clubs think of us. 

FWIW I work in and live in Glasgow and we are universally hated by fans of all clubs. Nothing Ann says or does will change that.

If they think all Hearts supporters think and behave like you I can understand how we would be universally hated by fans of other clubs. 

KingRudi_2012
1 minute ago, To Be Frank said:

Depends what you do with it and what your intended outcome is though

How do Hearts define this? No national flags are banned at Tynecastle. If they were I am sure Budge would not be slow in letting us know. 

33 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

Yes Hearts fans threw coins and chucked pyro. Hibs fans threw a similar amount. I can guarantee you Dempster and Petrie will not issue a statement threatening to ban whole sections of fans. Coins and pyro are widespread at the moment in the Scottish game. 

A few young laddies flying Union and Ulster flags is not sectarian or breaking any rules. I would rather they were not flown but it is simply reflective of a societal issue. Hearts have not banmed the flying of national flags so no rules broken there.

We sing one song that can have sectarian lyrics of which the majority do not sing the sectarian version. If you were an outsider reading JKB you would think Tynie was a sea of bigotry for 90 minutes. It is not! Name me sectarian songs we sing other than Hello Hello?

28 minutes ago, henry said:

Thats it in a nut shell. 

Dempster backs hibs fans at every turn. Budge exasperated the situation. 

This sort of talk baffles me. Since when were hibs (or Celtic or Rangers) any sort of benchmark for us? 

Isn't the point that we're supposed to be better than that? Who cares what they do or how they do it? Their fans aren't our responsibility.

Other than the joint statement with Hearts I cant see anything on the hibs website about their fans behaviour. Dempster doesn’t criticise hibs fans and the Glasgow clubs don’t do it with their fans. Budge does and all it does is make matters worse for Hearts. 

1 minute ago, munro9 said:

Sorry mate ,"our club" not her club. Think the past few years have demonstrated that! No one but the supporters "owns" HEARTS

I'm not going to engage in nit picking.  If you don't get my point then maybe you shouldn't post. 

2 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

How do Hearts define this? No national flags are banned at Tynecastle. If they were I am sure Budge would not be slow in letting us know. 

We’d be the only club in the world that banned national flags if that was the case. Can only be flags with political or religious slogans. Fair enough. 

been here before
55 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

What did the fans throw and how would you define unsavoury? 

A sweet.

5 minutes ago, redm said:

It's really really hard not to draw comparisons like that though when you're repeatedly faced with people insisting that "aye but they do it worse than us" or "what about them over there" or "I don't care what anyone else says I'll do whatever the **** I like" or "I'm no goin back cos I can't chuck boiling hot cannisters of coloured smoke"  "Omg she wants this place to be a LIBRARY" or "can't believe I'm going to get a lifetime ban just for standing up to go to the loo!" or all the other totally ridiculously childish OTT reactions. That's the polite ones too, some of the less polite ones elsewhere on the internet have been horrific, misogynist, bigoted poison. 

As others said, just don't be a total bell and you'll be fine. I'm not sure there's actually anything new in this statement at all anyway. These rules were already in place. 

I can understand that reaction to the more hysterical rantings of some, but anyone  running a critical eye over the statement and voicing concerns regarding it, are lumped in with the same old tired one-dimensional thinking on here.

" you're critical of the statement ? you must throw smoke bombs ! "

That kind of pish. 

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, KingRudi_2012 said:

We will see. I just can't imagine the club ejecting people for flying the Union flag given the history of the club. It would be terrible PR. 

?

...a bit disco

Hibs fans taking a more measured response to this than our fans!

:lol:

**** sake, what has it come to?

The White Cockade

the problem is worse than I though judging by some of the posts on this thread

Sad times for anybody proud of HMFC

3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I'm not going to engage in nit picking.  If you don't get my point then maybe you shouldn't post. 

haha because people dont get "your" point they shouldnt post????? Maybe we should all run our posts past you before we submit them?

Anyone else feeling the club has a lot to answer to as well. 

Fair enough flagging up some of our fans behaviour but one of our players was attacked by away fans and low and behold the same thing happens again a couple of weeks later . 

This should  never have been allowed to happen again in such a short space of time and is every bit as bad if not worse than somebody throwing a flare etc . 

Mayve it's time to start looking inward aswell  and ask themselves could they.be doing more rather than the old threatening routine. 

• cosanostra locked this topic