Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

But the club were present when the discussions took place and the decision was taken? It's really hard to envisage them then making a statement registering how unhappy there are? The time to do that was surely during the meeting itself. Shite state of affairs likes but it's definitely happening

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Nelly Terraces
26 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

An excellent plan Mr Terraces. We'll see you there.

Spiffing Gov T - see ya there for fun'n'frolics for all the family!?

Craig Gordons Gloves
16 minutes ago, heisenberg86 said:

You must be toking some proper dank gear fam! ?

Nah man, was being just a teensy bit sarcastic.  I have a vision of 25k in green, 25k in red, 25k in maroon and 25k in blue congregating at four corners and then running into the middle for a huge rammy.  Kind of like a massive hunger games. 

poor from Budge if shes agreed to this. Hearts and Dons shafted, Dons made to play one half of old firm in their back yard and get down their before 12 noon sunday while we maybe looking at a game ending after 10pm on a sunday night. its an absolute scandal and just sickening to be honest.

4 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

A binding agreement with whom? Hampden? Sponsors? There would have been very likely ways around that, with the agreement of the other party. At the very least this exact situation should have been foreseen as a possibility and planned for.

Machiavelli would have been fecking proud.

This is a disgraceful decision.Not the first time they've shafted supporters.They had us playing Celtic a few years back in a Scottish cup semi at a crap time iirc.Also the semi against Hibs.These dicks on sportsound think it's amusing ,ranting on about two games being played in the same stadium on the same day as some kind of record .It beggars belief.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Absolutely disgraceful decision. Hearts should have dug our heels in here and told all and sundry to ram it. This game goes to extra time and penalties and people will be goosed for trying to get back to Edinburgh by train. 

Really is a case of the OF shall not leave Glasgow. It really is ****ing scandalous an absolute disgrace. Due to this kick off time now. Thousands of Hearts fans won't go through. Young kids can't go due to school the next day. I'm seriously considering whether me and my 10 year son attend now. **** the OF and all who sail in them.

100% agree with you. Great way to knock thousands off the attendance!

Ministry of Football

There is another option which could more successful. 

If those of us with a BT Sport subscription threatened to pull the plug and create a fuss, it could prompt change. 

BT and Sky are very sensitive to bad media press. 

...a bit disco

One of the (very) few media types who gets it.

Somewhere along the line fans have to take a stand. If you moan but turn up anyway you continue to be taken for Joe’s. The Hampden S/F decision clearly indicates contempt for supporters, safe in the knowledge that folk will moan but loyalty will win.

Just now, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

Nah man, was being just a teensy bit sarcastic.  I have a vision of 25k in green, 25k in red, 25k in maroon and 25k in blue congregating at four corners and then running into the middle for a huge rammy.  Kind of like a massive hunger games. 

How many get to survive?

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Absolutely disgraceful decision. Hearts should have dug our heels in here and told all and sundry to ram it. This game goes to extra time and penalties and people will be goosed for trying to get back to Edinburgh by train. 

Really is a case of the OF shall not leave Glasgow. It really is ****ing scandalous an absolute disgrace. Due to this kick off time now. Thousands of Hearts fans won't go through. Young kids can't go due to school the next day. I'm seriously considering whether me and my 10 year son attend now. **** the OF and all who sail in them.

This is spot on with exception to telling them to ram it, how would that work ?? Disgraceful decision but they will do anything to make it a Rangers Celtic final so not really surprised

Time for the old football specials to make a comeback. Makes total sense for Aberdeen and Hearts fans. Scotrail must have spare trains kicking about on a Sunday that could be used.

Absurd decision, but I really want to see Hearts win the cup and a boycott isn’t going to help the team achieve that.

I’m going to have to take Monday off work though. Not only will we get home really late on a Sunday, but getting to sleep straight away after a Semi Final v Celtic is nigh on impossible.

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, redjambo said:

A binding agreement with whom? Hampden? Sponsors? There would have been very likely ways around that, with the agreement of the other party. At the very least this exact situation should have been foreseen as a possibility and planned for.

Machiavelli would have been fecking proud.

Don't you mean Brian Rix?

Luscious Laryea

I don't even know where to start with how outrageous this decision is. Basic points are:

1) No trains available to get to Glasgow from Aberdeen by 12pm

2) If the Hearts v Celtic game goes to extra time, no trains available to take fans back to Edinburgh

3) Four of Scotland's biggest clubs playing at the same stadium in the same day - huge security implications.

Lo and behold this gets approved by the SPFL and Police Scotland.

I'd be gutted to miss this and have never boycotted a game in my life before, but very tempted to do so. The same thing will happen over and over if we don't.

Just now, maroonnicky63 said:

This is spot on with exception to telling them to ram it, how would that work ?? Disgraceful decision but they will do anything to make it a Rangers Celtic final so not really surprised

They actually have surprised most of us this time. Nobody seriously thought they’d do something this stupid. It’s been made crystal clear now that Aberdeen and Hearts fans don’t matter to the SPFL. 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

A few seconds on google will tell you the reaction from the Celtic supporters...no set of supporters are winning here...some are just losing less....

What are they moaning about.

It’s getting played in that hole of a city.

Craig Gordons Gloves
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

How many get to survive?

I've not thought up all the rules yet, i'll get back to you.

As a club we must refuse to play this semi final at the time stated. It is totally unacceptable. It is now time for Ann Budge and the Hearts board to stand up and be counted. OUR CLUB HAVE NOW TO PUT US THE LIFELINE OF THE CLUB FIRST. TIME TO TELL THE SPFL/SFA AND POLICE SCOTLAND(STRATHCLYDE POLICE IN ALL BUT NAME) TO RAM IT.

12 minutes ago, 22games nro said:

Agree, normally wouldn’t even consider a boycott, but there has to be a stand made or this will just keep happening year after year 

break my heart not to be there but for the better good I’ll not be going 

I was really looking forward to this game but I won,t be going now so I suppose I am effectively boycotting the semi final. With the potential for trouble and the unearthly hour they should categorize this as unsuitable for kids. No other branch of the entertainment industry would treat their customer base so shabbily.  

Ministry of Football
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

As a club we must refuse to play this semi final at the time stated. It is totally unacceptable. It is now time for Ann Budge and the Hearts board to stand up and be counted. OUR CLUB HAVE NOW TO PUT US THE LIFELINE OF THE CLUB FIRST. TIME TO TELL THE SPFL/SFA AND POLICE SCOTLAND(STRATHCLYDE POLICE IN ALL BUT NAME) TO RAM IT.

My views exactly

10 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

This decision may come back to haunt Scottish football, it has potential carnage written all over it. Anyway, that is me booked up to go now and it will have to be limited alcohol that day as it will be gone midnight before the bus gets back to Edinburgh, with work early the next morning.

It's a serious point that needs made PJ. Football has a terrible history of only seeing sense after a tragedy. 

...a bit disco
Just now, Stokesy said:

I'm amazed the police are OK with this.

Their 6.5% has gone straight to their collective heads apparently.

9 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

A few seconds on google will tell you the reaction from the Celtic supporters...no set of supporters are winning here...some are just losing less....

They're getting a cup semi played 7 hours 45mins after it should, giving them more time to recover from Europe.

They're also just a bus ride away from the game to be played in their own city.

They can **** off.

Edited by peter_hmfc

8 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

This is a disgraceful decision.Not the first time they've shafted supporters.They had us playing Celtic a few years back in a Scottish cup semi at a crap time iirc.Also the semi against Hibs.These dicks on sportsound think it's amusing ,ranting on about two games being played in the same stadium on the same day as some kind of record .It beggars belief.

Aye, it's all a big laugh, Norrie.  They couldn't give a @@@@ how many fans turn up from Aberdeen or Hearts. Not a peep about it.

Made worse by listening to Currie's girly voice and McLaughlin pretending it makes sense.

Edited by Riccarton3

28 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Be nice if JKB sets up an entrance fee fund. 

Donate the price of the ticket on here then pass it on direct to the club.

Will make a decent headline as well.

This is a good idea, I would be up for this as I can't and will not give in to this lunacy.

Captain America

We got shafted with top 6 split last season when we lost a 'home' game against Rangers, the SPFL see us as a easy target.

I still don't see how Ann Budge can say it was positive meeting when this is the outcome. 

There has to be a statement from Hearts & Aberdeen pronto as to why this unbelievable decision has been accepted.

I would like to think there will be some sort of campaign by scottish fans to remove those useless 'waste of skin and oxygen' cretins that make up the 'weegie cartel'.

Scottish football fans outside the 'bigoted twins' are being taken for a ride time and time again, the time has come to get this sorted once and for all.

Words are not enough to think how they think they can get away with this scandal.

I would like that statement from Ann Budge & the Aberdeen owner ASAP.

Edited by Jamdub

9 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Am I right I thinking we now play Celtic on the Sunday night then Hibs on the Wednesday night ? 

Certainly not ideal and puts us at a disadvantage for that game , given they will both be high octane games 

So we get put at a disadvantage so they’re not disadvantaged cause their making loads of money in Europe??

A Shoreditch Heart
4 minutes ago, Husky said:

Hearts and Aberdeen should refuse to play the tie the sponsors would 

Soon put the pressure on the authorities 

it's a ridiculous idea, but I agree -  if we and Aberdeen make an announcement now that we refuse to play these two semi finals for a national trophy at these ridiculous times on a Sunday -  it will attract massive media attention from all around the world and really put the spotlight on the nonsense that is the SFA!

i dont really buy into the carnage chat, Police gave go ahead more than likely because they are content they can comfortably police it. the bigger scandal is utter contempt for fans, ourselves and aberdeen in particular. 

22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Suits nobody except Glasgow teams & support. Im really not surprised by this at all. 

Be fantastic to get home after 11pm on a Sunday night to get up at 6am for work next day. 

If you stay in the Pans mate you won't be getting home anywhere near 11.0pm.

I stay in East Lothian and the last time I went through to Glasgow midweek it was after 1.00am by the time I got home.

I was on public transport right enough probably a good bit quicker by car or supporters bus.

Just seen the news ?

No words. What a way to shaft fans - that's not just us but Aberdeen aswell.

Can't make the game aswell which is shite.

43 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

If the game goes to extra time, here's your transport options for getting back to Gorgie.  I would hope they will put on extra trains but even then...

Screenshot_20180927-182229_Maps.jpg

Got that backwards ....

45 minutes ago, Macros said:

All those on here saying Anne Budge should never have agreed to this, what's the alternative? The GFA/GPFL always do their damnedest to support either of the ugly sisters. So even if Aberdeen and Hearts had said no the Glasgow clubs would have been fine with it and any deciding vote would have been with the GPFL so they were always on a loser. The sooner the old club tie morons and current inept officials get booted out of running our game the better. The players need our support at the game but getting as many as possible there has become much much harder. If you can't go due to the timing perhaps donate the cost of the ticket to the club via the Foundation if you can.

The alternative is to get off your knees and represent your club and customers.  Both clubs should be condemning it and demanding another solution.

John mcCartney

hmfc should do the honourable thing and subsidise the travel through to that hell hole of a place

by now fans all around the country should be showing dissent to those c u next tuesdays

singing mob with a long banner denouncing the weedgie governance

and all the rest of us with red cards on show at games

Just now, Bighenry said:

I did not think our authorities could stoop any lower! Scandalous 

Don't worry no doubt their referees will be briefed to ensure their desired outcomes lead to an Old Firm final. They make the Mafia look like saints. 

I don't buy into the 'bloodbath' angle. I doubt there will be materially more trouble than there would have been with the games on separate days. Maybe even less because there will be far less fans there...and that's the real issue.

Anyone saying they aren't going because it won't be safe is just a drama queen. Not going because the travel will be am absolute disaster is perfectly understandable.