Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Crazy!  

So many things wrong with this Decision  

Very hot topic on all forms of social media just now, not one fan from any club has anything positive to say about this.  

Dungcaster needs to go!

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

4 minutes ago, Stokesy said:

I'm amazed the police are OK with this.

Some faceless boss says it's ok .You can bet the rank and file are definitely not ok with it.

Ministry of Football
2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

10k hearts fans if lucky

No chance. 

We didn't have that many more in 2012 when we beat Celtic in the semi. 

6000-7000 tops. 

This wonderful occasion has been ruined. 

We must  take a stand against this. 

1 minute ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

it's a ridiculous idea, but I agree -  if we and Aberdeen make an announcement now that we refuse to play these two semi finals for a national trophy at these ridiculous times on a Sunday -  it will attract massive media attention from all around the world and really put the spotlight on the nonsense that is the SFA!

If only. However, I'm afraid stuff like that only happens in the movies.

Sensible option would've been:

Aberdeen v Rangers 1pm at Murrayfield

Hearts v Celtic 4pm at Hampden.

Clearly TV has something to do with it.

brunoatemyhamster

Here an idea. Why not have a beamback to Murrayfield or tynie and we all go to that.

Pocket all the cash and a share of the semi final gates that were not attending!

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The alternative is to get off your knees and represent your club and customers.  Both clubs should be condemning it and demanding another solution.

Exactly. This goes against what Budge wants for Hearts - a family club. I would expect her to say something.''

A lot of parents will now reconsider taking their kids or even going themselves. Not just the worry over 4 sets of fans in Glasgow at the same time, but getting home very late even if it doesn't go to ET and pens. It's also handing a big advantage to both Celtic and Rangers who will have much bigger supports.

Edited by Guest

13 minutes ago, redjambo said:

A binding agreement with whom? Hampden? Sponsors? There would have been very likely ways around that, with the agreement of the other party. At the very least this exact situation should have been foreseen as a possibility and planned for.

Machiavelli would have been fecking proud.

Playing both ties -binding or not - is not the issue and Doncaster knows it . It's their shit planning that is at issue -not the venue. 

1 minute ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Here an idea. Why not have a beamback to Murrayfield or tynie and we all go to that.

Pocket all the cash and a share of the semi final gates?

Great idea. I'd be all for that. 

There’s no amount of logic that can be applied, maybe they’ll explain?

Thing is, while it wouldn’t have made sense or been any fairer on Aberdeen to play at 7:45, you’d think the potential for a bigger crowd would’ve been Hearts v Celtic at 12 , all things considered. 

Aberdeen haven’t carried decent semi final support for a while even at reasonable times. 

Aberdeen and Hearts fans should go for beam back at own grounds. They get early kick off we 1hour away get late. Total crap in every way. Murrayfield would have saved the day but this tribe is parochial pandering to provincial clubs. Wrong

Ministry of Football

Hopefully Budge has been made aware of the extreme unhappiness supporters are feeling here. 

This game should not go ahead. 

Several posts on here slamming Ms Budge, how about this? How about herself and Aberdeen made valid arguments, she made a statement and then found out they were being railroaded 

Budge is a fan first and foremost, I am certain she will not be happy with this outcome at all and a carefully worded statement will follow 

Gutted for my youngest son, he only just started getting to the games this season and he was so excited about going to hampden. I just cant justify taking a 9 year old to hampden for a 7.45pm kick off on a Sunday night when he has school the next morning. Also taking into consideration the chance of trouble in and around Glasgow and the possibility of extra time and its 100% a no go for him. I reckon there will be alot of people in the same situation who would have made a day of it with the family and now wont have that opportunity. It really is disgracefull and the attendance from the hearts fans will show this on the night in question.

Seymour M Hersh
18 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

By the time our game rolls around Police Glasgow will be in a foul mood after dealing with the carnage all day. We'll be herded around like cattle, spoken to like shit, and be lifted for any spurious reason. 

They can ****ing ram it.

You've actually just described these cant's on a really good day. 

34 minutes ago, Jodami said:

The alternative is make your disdain very public, walk out of the meeting and create a public issue. The rest of your post is just sanctimonious drivel. 

Yeah cheers for that. I agree with your first part, she could have made an issue about it and I would have supported it, as most Hearts and Aberdeen fans would have, but for whatever reasons she chose not to. Whether she had or not I doubt it would have swayed the decision, I suspect it was backed by the two Glasgow clubs, the SPFL and Police Scotland so majority rules. 

As for the rest, this is a forum where different viewpoints are expressed. I don't understand why posters like yourself have to resort to abusive remarks, by all means disagree with me but to accuse me of being sanctimonious........what's that all about? Yes we can boycott the game but that won't help the players on the night, this place has seen loads of comments about atmosphere at games and how it can help/hinder the team. If you feel you can't go now due to the time but would otherwise have gone then it was merely an idea I put forward to put that money towards our club, the gate money is split in these games but this way all the money goes to Hearts. 

Absolutely shambolic and once again it’s the fans that suffer. No wonder others look down on Scottish football.

Would be surprised if Ann has openly agreed to this, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Hearts would have been out voted 3 clubs to 1 if that was the format.

Poor show :(

As seems to be the unanimous reaction both from Hearts fans and fans of other clubs I'm astonished and raging at the decision that has been made over the semi final. The complete lack of common sense, the total lack of foresight despite some of us posting on this very board a month ago about this very distinct fixture possibility, the total disregard for fans who have to travel from Aberdeen and Edinburgh and many from greater distances than that, the lack of thought that young fans won't be able to attend our game due to it being a Sunday night, the notion that Glasgow will be anything but a complete powderkeg that afternoon not to mention the bars in the immediate vicinity of Hampden itself.

The whole thing stinks and is yet another disgraceful chapter in the endless incompetence and ineptitude shown by those who govern the game in our country. When you read various message boards of a number of clubs and there is almost complete agreement as to the staggering nature of this decision you know that you are dealing with a level of stupidity, arrogance and complete delusion that is hard to fathom. To see that ignorant, inept clown Doncaster waffling his way through his statement on Sky Sports with no concept of the issues nor the disappointment he and his cohorts have caused thousands of football supporters just makes the blood boil. He should be hung from the Hampden scoreboard between the 2 matches.

From a Hearts perspective last night we and indeed Motherwell put on a game that showcased everything that is good about Scottish football. A cracking night match in a fantastic stadium, a great atmosphere and some superb goals by both sides. Everyone of a maroon persuasion was on a high and looking forward to a semi-final to go with our excellent start in the league. And now today this completely disgraceful decision meaning that many fans are unable to attend for numerous reasons or now can't take their kids. Its an appalling display of disregard by those decision makers. Instead of 50,000+ for a Hearts v Celtic semi final at Murrayfield they'll be lucky to get 20-25,000 and we won't take half the numbers we would have. And there was me thinking they needed all the income they could get to justify and patch up the crumbling relic that is most of Hampden Park. Amazing. Just amazing.

Sorry for the rant but on to my point...its my strong opinion that Hearts should cater for as many fans as want to go by putting on dozens of buses (as many as they require) directly from Tynecastle to our end of Hampden, dropping our fans as close to the stadium as possible. And then directly back from there to Tynecastle. They could probably leave at 5pm or thereabouts. Obviously there will be Hearts fans that want to make their own way through but I think that this would be a fantastic gesture by the club if they were to put on 100+ buses for 5000+ fans and go through in a fleet. This would potentially allow many fans the opportunity to go whose immediate and understandable reaction has been to say its now impossible. I don't know how this could be funded, perhaps FOH could get involved but I think that Hearts have a duty here to assist the support and ensure that people who want to go feel safe and able to do so.

Edited by magicTs

28 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

So first game goes extra time and pens and they leave Hampden at say 3 pm they'll all get to the city center around 345pm.... just in time for the Hearts and Celtic fans starting their day out in Glasgow. This will be utter carnage...****ing idiots. Unless scotrail are planning extra trains after 12 anything beyond the 90 for us and there'll be 1000s of Hearts and Celtic fans rushing into the city centre for trains which means shared transport back from hampden and glasgow the SPFL are utter arseholes. I'm shocked police Scotland are allowing this

Kilmacolm Jambo
7 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

This is a good idea, I would be up for this as I can't and will not give in to this lunacy.

No it’s not, not in the slightest, as a support we have to stand up against this nonsense and if that means standing up against the Hearts board then so be it. 

We are not a cash cow and considering the position we are in, the fans should come first.

scott herbertson
4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't buy into the 'bloodbath' angle. I doubt there will be materially more trouble than there would have been with the games on separate days. Maybe even less because there will be far less fans there...and that's the real issue.

Anyone saying they aren't going because it won't be safe is just a drama queen. Not going because the travel will be am absolute disaster is perfectly understandable.

I agree with you (but wont be going because of the travel issues. I don't drive at night and there is simply no way to get back on public transport, plus my daughter will have school the next morning so has to get up at 7.

here's my transport options assuming it doesn't go to extra time

easytravel.JPG

25 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

And who made such a short sighted binding agreement Neil?

8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I don't buy into the 'bloodbath' angle. I doubt there will be materially more trouble than there would have been with the games on separate days. Maybe even less because there will be far less fans there...and that's the real issue.

Anyone saying they aren't going because it won't be safe is just a drama queen. Not going because the travel will be am absolute disaster is perfectly understandable.

Good post.

5 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

5k if your lucky

I recon it'll be as low as 3/4 thousand. And I take my hat off to anyone who's still got the stomach to turn up for it after another shafting from the Glasgow mafia. 

20 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

By the time our game rolls around Police Glasgow will be in a foul mood after dealing with the carnage all day. We'll be herded around like cattle, spoken to like shit, and be lifted for any spurious reason. 

They can ****ing ram it.

A lot of fans will do that but it's just a pity that many wont, I can understand to a certain degree but I wont be going through 

Does anyone have an email contact for the club?  The more we complain the more we will be heard against these faceless no marks in Glasgow.  Time that football fans everywhere stood up and force real change in the game.  As a wise man once said Football without Fans is Nothing.

Time to take action.

Nucky Thompson

We've played evening games in the League cup further away than Glasgow.

At least with it being on a Sunday, most people won't be rushing home from work and trying to get out of Edinburgh in the rush hour.

Certainly some drama queens on here :lol:

Still nothing from Hearts on our website or on social media. 

We are either livid and about to react or they know they are about to get some serious grief  by defending this shitshow. Either way a very carefully written announcement seems likely. 

3 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I see Danny Dyer's in! There are all sorts of potential angles for trouble, even just Hearts and Celtic fans bevvying all day on a day off. Surely you can understand that taking any child to the game is a no go as well. My mate was knocked out stone cold at the abandoned game at Ibrox. The Glasgow police are also renowned for their ineptness. 

2 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

At least with it being on a Sunday, most people won't be rushing home from work and trying to get out of Edinburgh in the rush hour.

It's a semi final at hampden ffs. People would love to take their young sons and daughters etc to such an event. As long as you're ok though 

Some will think you are knee jerking but I agree.

In think putting on as many buses as required, but making it clear in plenty time, will also tempt many to go who were now thinking of not going.

A direct passage to and from the game for people not heading through early for a scoop.  

4 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Winner of the "Missing the point, poster of the day " type post. 

22 minutes ago, graygo said:

Crazy decision but I'll be there, more interested in hearing if LewisR5-1 will be there though.  :sarcasm:

Yeah I was thinking the same ??? he’s only told us 5 times ....... joke btw 

luckyBatistuta

Disgraceful decision. Was really looking forward to taking my boys to this, but no chance I’ll be taking them now. Knew they would screw us over, but never saw this coming.

Those who posted beam back Tec before me (obviously the club will do so anyway) sorry did not read all posts in this thread. Listening to Bearsden Radio. Nothing about any furore maybe set off by SFA. Who cares as long as Green & Brown catered for. So much tripe.

5 minutes ago, Macros said:

Yeah cheers for that. I agree with your first part, she could have made an issue about it and I would have supported it, as most Hearts and Aberdeen fans would have, but for whatever reasons she chose not to. Whether she had or not I doubt it would have swayed the decision, I suspect it was backed by the two Glasgow clubs, the SPFL and Police Scotland so majority rules. 

As for the rest, this is a forum where different viewpoints are expressed. I don't understand why posters like yourself have to resort to abusive remarks, by all means disagree with me but to accuse me of being sanctimonious........what's that all about? Yes we can boycott the game but that won't help the players on the night, this place has seen loads of comments about atmosphere at games and how it can help/hinder the team. If you feel you can't go now due to the time but would otherwise have gone then it was merely an idea I put forward to put that money towards our club, the gate money is split in these games but this way all the money goes to Hearts. 

I apologise, I was out of order, blood up and vented. Genuinely sorry, I realise you are coming from a good place. I just feel I donate an awful lot of money to the club already and would like to see them reciprocate with some more forceful representation. 

5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Still nothing from Hearts on our website or on social media. 

We are either livid and about to react or they know they are about to get some serious grief  by defending this shitshow. Either way a very carefully written announcement seems likely. 

Will start with the positives ie how the new stand is coming along.  The club has some work to do to dress up this shit sandwich.

1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

Some will think you are knee jerking but I agree.

In think putting on as many buses as required, but making it clear in plenty time, will also tempt many to go who were now thinking of not going.

A direct passage to and from the game for people not heading through early for a scoop.  

Yep thats my reasoning behind it. I fully appreciate some will still want to go through earlier etc but this this would be on Hearts as it were and allow those who just want to get through, attend the match and get back as easily and safely as possible to do just that. 

6 minutes ago, letsalllaughathobos said:

What happens in the event Aberdeen do a Hibs and wreck the place haha

Wouldn't be surprised if Rangers fans try to wreck the place if they lose.  

7 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Pocket all the cash and a share of the semi final gates that were not attending!

Until I hear otherwise "our club " is complicit in this decision.We are walk up fans but have been to most games this season including last night.At this point we are not going on Sat.Sickened by this nonsense.there is no way we can claim to be a family club unless a stand is made.