Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Governor Tarkin

Ah well. That's most of my lot not going now. At least they can now justify reducing Hearts' and Aberdeen's ticket allocation. That's what they want after all.

The contempt shown towards fans of every other club is Scotland is an absolute ****ing disgrace. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Hiding behind the "Hampden is contracted to play both semi finals" excuse.

Dont expect any criticism from the old firm on this one ......

3 minutes ago, smartin1987 said:

Did we agree to this? Is there anything we can do? We have hibs on Wednesday this doesnt not benefit us. Cant believe this

Aberdeen and Hearts fans should organise a boycott.Only the bad publicity will turn this around.

Captain Sausage

What an embarrassment. Very disappointed in Ann Budge for not publicly condemning this. 

Aberdeen will struggle to get down for 12, while our fans will not get back to Edinburgh until potentially after midnight. 

Not it to mention the carnage that is removing the fans from the first game, cleaning up the mess and getting it ready for the second match. Or the mass transfer of fans at Central and Queen Street, especially given feelings will be running high. 

If it all kicks off and people are injured, it’ll be on the head of those who made this disgraceful decision. 

2 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

I would love it if Hearts and Aberdeen both boycotted the game and handed it to the old firm. They’re trying to do their best to stop both sets of fans from attending. Sheep fans will have to try and make their way down from Aberdeen at about 0730 to get to Hampden on time. Our fans will be ****ed getting back home if the game goes to extra time and pens. Hampden is a ***** to get to on public transport. Train back to central then a walk to queen street to get a train back east. ****ing scandalous. They’re trying their best to get an old firm final.

I want to see my team beat the ..... but I can see the logic in this I think Hearts n sheep fans should seriously consider this 

Governor Tarkin
2 minutes ago, sidjamesbottle said:

Hearts and Aberdeen should get together and refuse to take any tickets

Correct.

Just now, Daz1874 said:

Suppose I'll be in the minority here - happy it's a later kick off cause i'm working until 6 pm that day 

"Im alright Jack"

This is a total disgrace.  Looking forward to taking my son to his first game at Hampden but not now due to that incompetent clown. Mrs Budge I expect something from Hearts advise why we have agreed to this.

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This is what was attributed to Ann Budge earlier.

Oliver Dickinson @STVoliver

Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting” with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

Cheers FF, was not aware that was our line on the matter.

I cannot wrap my head around how anyone would think this is a viable option - Traffic, depressed fans staying in pubs, long after the first game, celebrating fans, fans staying overnight and making a day of it, countless more situations - not to mention the fans from each support who will see this as an open day to create chaos.

Baffling, that Ann, who was frustrated after a previous Rangers game (Championship Season?) when fans were ushered out of the same exit, would agree to this.

Just now, Barack said:

Boycott is the only thing that'd make the outside world sit up. Even then, it'll only be because every ****er is still on the floor laughing.

Unfortunately this is the page I’m on ?

3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

This is what was attributed to Ann Budge earlier.

Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting” with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

Cheers FF, was not aware that was our line on the matter.

I cannot wrap my head around how anyone would think this is a viable option - Traffic, depressed fans staying in pubs, long after the first game, celebrating fans, fans staying overnight and making a day of it, countless more situations - not to mention the fans from each support who will see this as an open day to create chaos.

Baffling, that Ann, who was frustrated after a previous Rangers game (Championship Season?) when fans were ushered out of the same exit, would agree to this.

I am not puting my safety at risk going to this war zone.

I"m out.

All this because the GFA don't want Hampden shown up by Murrayfield as the utter shite hole it is.

4 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I was wrong. I somehow forgot who we were dealing with here. The sheer ineptitude and incompetence of these ****ing asshats is legendary. **** them all. What an absolute disgrace. Treating the fans of the game like this when everyone should be looking forward to a semi-final, utterly shameful.

I hope Hearts release a statement shortly explaining what input (if any) we had and how this decision was arrived at.

They better had. It's hard to avoid the conclusion it's all done to suit the Glasgow clubs : Sheep& us are massively impacted as supporters and I am amazed the clubs haven't already made a statement condemning the decision. it is not acceptable that this is the only solution or best solution they could have come up with.

north wales jambo

Fed up, no regard for fans at all. 6 of us were coming up, no chance now. Spfl, state games to be played over weekend, everyone could see that, now change it to horrendous timings, on one day.. Spfl, sfa promoting Scottish football is so amateurish., can not for the life of me understand how hearts and Aberdeen directors/owners think this is a acceptable outcome. 

LarrysRightFoot

Utterly ridiculous decision.

Will more early train be put on for Aberdeen fans? Will more late trains be out on for us?

WTF wants to play a game at 7.45 on a Sunday night?

I was at a Scotland game with the same k/o and it took an eternity to get home.

I was looking forward to this game but I am certainly not going now. Basically they should be up front and announce it is not suitable for those under a certain age, No responsible parents would allow their kids to attend at an unearthly hour on a Sunday night particularly with the potential for trouble.No other entertainment industry would treat their customer base so shabbily

This statement and lunancy content confirms without a doubt(as if there really was any) that the SPFL have no regard for any clubs outside the Old Firm. To ask ourselves and Aberdeen to travel lengthy distances at totally unreasonable times to make sure the Old Firm have no upset is unreal. They are the ones that require the changes, and are the ones suffering  no hassle whatsoever.

Whoever decided the dates given Old Firm involvement in Europa league,and did nothing re planning until now, also needs their jotters.

Pissed Rangers fans after their game, pissed Celtic fans before their game, with a sprinkling  of Sheep and ourselves,

what could possibly go wrong???

13 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I'm not saying she or the club had any clout in this decision but I'd love to hear Budge's take on this.....

Peter Lawell sits on the SPFL Board .Just so you know who has the clout.

All those on here saying Anne Budge should never have agreed to this, what's the alternative? The GFA/GPFL always do their damnedest to support either of the ugly sisters. So even if Aberdeen and Hearts had said no the Glasgow clubs would have been fine with it and any deciding vote would have been with the GPFL so they were always on a loser. The sooner the old club tie morons and current inept officials get booted out of running our game the better. The players need our support at the game but getting as many as possible there has become much much harder. If you can't go due to the timing perhaps donate the cost of the ticket to the club via the Foundation if you can.

Catering for the old firm yet again.

the first train down from Aberdeen doesn’t get in until after the game has kicked off and we are shunted to 7.45pm on a Sunday night FFS SPFL !!!!  

brunoatemyhamster

Im on the boycott bus.

Should have happen a long time ago.

Refuse all tickets , let them sell the lot to The Cheeks , Then demand half the money.

Its beyond obvious the games bent.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Nelly Terraces
6 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Ah well. That's most of my lot not going now. At least they can now justify reducing Hearts' and Aberdeen's ticket allocation. That's what they want after all.

The contempt shown towards fans of every other club is Scotland is an absolute ****ing disgrace. They're not even trying to hide it anymore.

Night down the Kilted Pig for this man. Fodder. Coupla wee halfs. 2 min walk home. Result!

Really deflated after hearing this. Made a big effort to get to the game last night as midweek games are pretty difficult for me due to travelling arrangements, early morning starts etc. Was delighted with the outcome last night and hoped to somehow get to the semi. No chance now. 

3 minutes ago, Back to 2005 said:

This is a total disgrace.  Looking forward to taking my son to his first game at Hampden but not now due to that incompetent clown. Mrs Budge I expect something from Hearts advise why we have agreed to this.

Ann should either come out and condemn the decision, or if she supports it, come out and say so, and say why. 

Both us, and Aberdeen, have been screwed over.   I genuinely believe that was always the intention.  

ToadKiller Dog

Hearts prides itself on being a family club, how we can accept 7.45 Sunday. 

I not a fan of boycotts but in this instance I can't back total ridiculousness 

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting” with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

POSITIVE MEETING, how the **** can that outcome be described as positive?

That does sound poor

This is absolutely shameful. Totally abysmal. How embarrassing that those running our game think so little of supporters that they can concoct such an utterly useless and inappropriate "solution" to a very simple problem. 

Everything must start and finish in Glasgow. Utterly, utterly shocking. Self-serving, ivory tower morons.

Like many others the SFA have done my son out of a rare trip to Hampden. Under no circumstances will I be taking an 9 year old to Glasgow on a Sunday night. 

Anne needs to make a statement and fast.

Hearts are promoting the family side of the club but the SFA completely disregarded the basics in this situation. The time we get out of Hampden and try and make it back to Edinburgh it will be not a kick in the arse of midnight. ????????