Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

William H. Bonney

No direct trains from Glasgow to Bathgate either on that Sunday due to engineering works. Bus replacement part of the way means a 2 hour journey back from queen street. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

If the game goes to extra time, here's your transport options for getting back to Gorgie.  I would hope they will put on extra trains but even then...

Screenshot_20180927-182229_Maps.jpg

Even by Scottish football’s standards, that is a disgraceful decision. If it goes to penalties, we’ll be lucky to get home and the sheep can’t even get a ****ing train there in time!

I can’t believe that Ann thinks this is a good idea - I’d like to hear her thoughts. 

Just now, Abiola Dauda said:

If the game goes to extra time, here's your transport options for getting back to Gorgie.  I would hope they will put on extra trains but even then...

Zero chance of extra trains.

If you're an Aberdeen fan coming from Aberdeen and want to get the train.  The first train gets you in to Queen Street at 12.35pm.  With a bit of luck they could catch the second half. FFS.

I honestly thought it was a joke when I saw the headlines.  Wow, just Wow!

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

This statement and lunancy content confirms without a doubt(as if there really was any) that the SPFL have no regard for any clubs outside the Old Firm. To ask ourselves and Aberdeen to travel lengthy distances at totally unreasonable times to make sure the Old Firm have no upset is unreal. They are the ones that require the changes, and are the ones suffering  no hassle whatsoever.

Whoever decided the dates given Old Firm involvement in Europa league,and did nothing re planning until now, also needs their jotters.

Pissed Rangers fans after their game, pissed Celtic fans before their game, with a sprinkling  of Sheep and ourselves,

what could possibly go wrong???

Not just Old Firm.  Aberdeen and a Hibs were involved in Europe too.  

There me was always a risk that this could happen, but the arseholes in charge did not realise this.  

To solve a problem of their own making, they have come to a decision that shafts the non Glasgow clubs. 

9 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

At what point do you just say enough is enough? Do they have to schedule a match for 4am?

Personally it wouldnt take much more for me to pull Hearts. The decision is a disgrace!

Least surprising decision of the day. Football in this country is run by 2 clubs and their acolytes. Utter embarrassment but they have no shame.

i expect carnage and won’t be going anywhere near Glasgow 

2 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

This is absolutely shameful. Totally abysmal. How embarrassing that those running our game think so little of supporters that they can concoct such an utterly useless and inappropriate "solution" to a very simple problem. 

Everything must start and finish in Glasgow. Utterly, utterly shocking. Self-serving, ivory tower morons.

:spoton:

23 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

This is a tremendous opportunity for fan unity and to show that football is all that separates us.  There should be a massive fan zone set up on Glasgow Green for all sets of fans from around 3pm, those coming out the first semi can make their way there and those for the 2nd semi can also be there.  Bouncy castles, kids entertainers, bars, food trucks, couple of bands and some shows.  Everyone partying in harmony regardless of team supported. 

Fantastic idea, seriously oh how I wish this was possible.

Anything, absolutely anything to ensure that the Old Filth get exactly what they want. The game here is rotten to the core.  No surprise at all that this is their solution to all of this.

Edited by Deevers

2 minutes ago, ando said:

Ann Budge wants a family club with a safe atmosphere for all how can she agree to this.

Don't imagine she's happy about it ffs 

3 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

no way - this is an absolute joke of a decision - 5.45 on a Sunday !

7.45 Is it not

Bazzas right boot

****ing joke, ET and we are ****ed about 5- 10k fans trying to get on one train.

The Scottish football associations are a ****ing joke, in all honesty at time like this I could just chuck football.

Chucked the national team for rugby 2 years ago, unfortunately due to human nature I'm ****ed by my love for Hearts so will continue to follow football.

In all honesty we should boycott the game, would be a bit petty but make national news and show the UK what a ****ing shambles we are.

Bent as **** will do anything for the Glasgow teams. Shambles

Aberdeen having to get to Glasgow for about 1030/1100 on a Sunday. - shambles

Imagine the state of the pitch as well... Rodgers will be spitting feathers.:pleasing:

Arseholes

Edited by WeeChuck'sHeed

Stuart McNeill

I'm sure scotrail will be putting plenty of extra transport on for fans travelling through to Edinburgh regardless of the time. 

It's a shite time for a footy game but I'll be going. 

9 minutes ago, ZanderMIM said:

GFA strikes again, if Hearts and Aberdeen get through to the final it would make me the happiest man on the planet.

Hearts v Aberdeen final to be played on a Tues morning at half 10.

I think the whole boycotting thing is a bit far , we’ve been getting bent over by the SFA for years and we’ve done **** all about it and nothing will change now.

Edited by LewisR5-1

4 minutes ago, Macros said:

All those on here saying Anne Budge should never have agreed to this, what's the alternative? The GFA/GPFL always do their damnedest to support either of the ugly sisters. So even if Aberdeen and Hearts had said no the Glasgow clubs would have been fine with it and any deciding vote would have been with the GPFL so they were always on a loser. The sooner the old club tie morons and current inept officials get booted out of running our game the better. The players need our support at the game but getting as many as possible there has become much much harder. If you can't go due to the timing perhaps donate the cost of the ticket to the club via the Foundation if you can.

The alternative is make your disdain very public, walk out of the meeting and create a public issue. The rest of your post is just sanctimonious drivel. 

6 minutes ago, A Shoreditch Heart said:

no way - this is an absolute joke of a decision - 5.45 on a Sunday !

If only it was?

4 minutes ago, theshed said:

Not sure if this has been said but I’m sure the clocks go back that weekend so it’s really 11am for the Aberdeen fans 

1pm if they go back

Governor Tarkin
6 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Night down the Kilted Pig for this man. Fodder. Coupla wee halfs. 2 min walk home. Result!

An excellent plan Mr Terraces. We'll see you there.

The ridiculous, unfair kick off aside, I don't think it affects our chances. Still fancy us to get to the final, possibly more than I would had it been a Murrayfield semi or 3 pm ko at Hampden. Don't know why, just a hunch. 

2 trains arrive from Aberdeen in time for kick off in the first match - just

For me - impossible to get back to Kirkcaldy on a Sunday night by train with a 7.45 KO

Option one - drive - NO

Option two - Hotel - a possibility 

Option three - TV - highly likely 

Well done SFA or SPFL or whoever 

The Glasgow Keystone Cops will have a busy day and night

Absolute shambles. 12 tickets not being bought now. Same boat as a couple of people as said too wee man he couldn't make Motherwell match, but now can't do the semi. No care for fans anymore. Contractual my @rse. I want too see the contract, wonder where that is eh!

Just think of the Uglies' fans who desert their local teams further afield to follow the Ruin of Scottish Football.  A small consolation!

Let's hope that Aberdeen beat Sevco and we beat Celtic and then we can laugh ourselves silly at all their sycophantic manoeuvring just to please the Butt Cheeks!

The Football authorities in Scotland, both of them, are not fit for purpose.

Talks of merging them into one body will make no difference.  If you mix kerraaap with kerraaap, what do you get?

8 minutes ago, Abiola Dauda said:

That's the wrong direction.

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

The intersting thing about a mass boycott is we would still get half of the money paid by the twin arse cheeks. 

You just know that the rules would be changed if that happened.

Just been asked why this is any worse than any other away midweek cup tie....my answer is this isn’t any other away midweek cup tie.

It’s a national semi-final being treated like any other cup tie.

5 minutes ago, Le Fifer said:

1pm if they go back

The hearts tie was drawn first so should be playing first. The reason we are not is to give celtic more time to recover from their European tie. If hearts accept this without a fight then they are treading us as badly as the GFA

5 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Anyone who has seen the movie the warriors will know what getting home on semi final Sunday will be like!!

This made me laugh

13 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I can't get my head round why Budge thought this was an acceptable solution?

This. It's crazy. The only thing I can think of is that it was presented to her as a "We, and therefore you, have no choice" situation, due to (i) the potential fixture pile-up, (ii) the gap between games requested by the police, and (iii) the "contractual obligation" to play at Hampden.

I'm sure with a bit of persuasion, the contractual obligation could have been waived, one of the games played at Murrayfield, and all of this chaos been avoided. However neither Glasgow team will have wanted to travel to Murrayfield and I imagine that they therefore told the SPFL which decision they should make.

The fact we and Aberdeen let them do that to us means that they will carry on forever doing things like this to clubs outside the Old Firm. We had the chance to show some balls and stand up to them. Instead we "sorted a couple of things out" at a "positive meeting". It beggars belief, it really does.

Edited by redjambo

6 minutes ago, theshed said:

Not sure if this has been said but I’m sure the clocks go back that weekend so it’s really 11am for the Aberdeen fans 

It's actually the other way round, i.e. more like 1pm.  The clocks go back so the sheep will get an extra hour in their pens.

8 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Like many others the SFA have done my son out of a rare trip to Hampden. Under no circumstances will I be taking an 9 year old to Glasgow on a Sunday night. 

Anne needs to make a statement and fast.

Hearts are promoting the family side of the club but the SFA completely disregarded the basics in this situation. The time we get out of Hampden and try and make it back to Edinburgh it will be not a kick in the arse of midnight. ????????

Same with me this would have been my son's 1st trip to Hampden no danger I'll be taking him through to this and he's heartbroken about it i can handle the late kick off but 100k fans from 4 different clubs intoxicated within a 2 mile radius makes me very nervous so he wont go 

Stunned ann and Hearts have agreed to this it will be carnage through there 

2 minutes ago, Le Fifer said:

1pm if they go back

Correct.  But either time irrelevant. The trains will go by the actual time on the day, not the pre clock change time.    So ludicrous either way.