Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

3 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I’m ****ing livid at this. if it turns out that Hearts have agreed to this, then it’s clear that the ‘we’re all in this together, club and fans’ mantra that’s been trotted out since the FOH came into being, is simply bullshit. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m not for cancelling DD’s or anything like that, but tonight I feel a little more distance between my club and I. And I don’t like it one bit. 

On the money sir, when we take over the club we need to be much more vocal on these issues. Ann Budge was invisible on the SPFL board and looks weak here. 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

3 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt the Scottish Media Old Firm "yes men" will be trying to sell this to us all as the best solution. Arseholes in charge of the game here and even bigger ones in the media.

They already are....... it's getting called "Super Sunday" ?

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

Suits nobody except Glasgow teams & support.

Teams perhaps...can’t imagine too many Celtic or Rangers will be happy with 1200 or 1945 it’s less worse than us/Aberdeen but still pretty rubbish for what was intended to be a higher profile, event weekend for the League Cup.

Just now, Jambos_1874 said:

Always put supporting the team first IMO. There are other ways to put pressure on the powers that be.

Any suggestions or do we just roll over and get our tummy tickled ! 

5 minutes ago, Deevers said:

No doubt the Scottish Media Old Firm "yes men" will be trying to sell this to us all as the best solution. Arseholes in charge of the game here and even bigger ones in the media.

Already being trotted out as ‘Super Sunday’ on MSM 

obviously been handed there scripts

Just got in from work and heard the glad tidings from Proddy Forsyth on Radio 5. Words fail me. An absolutely ludicrous, inexplicable decision that defies logic and common sense. As others have said, the potential for aggro is huge. With our game kicking off at 1945, what happens if it goes to extra time and pens? People will have to leave early so as not to miss the last train home. 

The dickheads who ru(i)n Our game are an absolute joke.

11 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Be nice if JKB sets up an entrance fee fund. 

Donate the price of the ticket on here then pass it on direct to the club.

Will make a decent headline as well.

I would be up for that

Daughters first season ticket this year and wS hoping to take her through her to first semi final

No chance now and probably TVfor me ?

Utterly mental decision.

Even ignoring the logistical and transport nightmares that others have mentioned, I'm genuinely surprised Police Scotland have allowed 4 sets of fans to be in the same city at the same times... Especially when Hearts and Celtic fans will have been drinking all day. Disaster waiting to happen. 

I'll be honest I was looking forward to an overdue semi final but probably not going now.

EDIT: I can't believe Budge has describer this as "positive" - I love her come on tae **** Ann. Scandelous.

Edited by Simo

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, JamboGraham said:

Teams perhaps...can’t imagine too many Celtic or Rangers will be happy with 1200 or 1945 it’s less worse than us/Aberdeen but still pretty rubbish for what was intended to be a higher profile, event weekend for the League Cup.

Are you having a laugh?

Shambolic.

Won't be able to go as I'm in London but it's truly shambolic.

Many have mentioned about taking there young kids to there first semi final.

That's out the window now,  Sfa have no regard for fans outwith Glasgow.

****ing disgusting.

Scumbags

Kilmacolm Jambo
11 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I’m ****ing livid at this. if it turns out that Hearts have agreed to this, then it’s clear that the ‘we’re all in this together, club and fans’ mantra that’s been trotted out since the FOH came into being, is simply bullshit. 

Dont get me wrong, I’m not for cancelling DD’s or anything like that, but tonight I feel a little more distance between my club and I. And I don’t like it one bit. 

Completely agree.

Ministry of Football
2 minutes ago, Jeff said:

15 point deduction

No chance. 

If we refuse to play at this time, common sense will prevail. 

The club must take a stand here and back its supporters. 

...a bit disco
Just now, jimallheart said:

No notification yet on hearts web site. Things happening behind scenes???

Doubtful.

More likely they can't be arsed with the backlash.

portobellojambo1

This decision may come back to haunt Scottish football, it has potential carnage written all over it. Anyway, that is me booked up to go now and it will have to be limited alcohol that day as it will be gone midnight before the bus gets back to Edinburgh, with work early the next morning.

5 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Hearts should refuse to play at this time and force the SPFL to see sense. 

Budge can't accept this. 

Pretty sure she must have agreed to it. 

Wow. The blazers really do like to come up with new ways to show how little they care about the football fans that keep them in jobs.

Aside from all the inconveniences for Aberdeen and Hearts  fans in particular with those kick-off times, and the situation of having four sets of fans in the city at one time, what if it's a really rainy day and the Hampden pitch gets cut up during the first game?

20 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The hearts tie was drawn first so should be playing first. The reason we are not is to give celtic more time to recover from their European tie. If hearts accept this without a fight then they are treading us as badly as the GFA

The Aberdeen Rangers game is on first as requested by Police Scotland.

2 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

No chance. 

Was tongue in cheek

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Forfeit the tie or play a reserve 11. They can hardly suggest we are bringing the game into disrepute when they started it.

Derby bigger game for me now. Won't be attending 

Aberdeen v Rangers on the Saturday

with us playing on the Sunday

I am sure when Rangers got to the Europa cup Final they asked for help but where told no they played 6 games in a short time Saturday then on a Monday.

And Doncaster wonders why his family had to move south. Arsehole decision like this maybe Neil? 

Hope its absolute carnage on the day and these muppets are forced out of their job over it.

14 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I think its interesting that even though not involved and our arch enemies just what the reaction on here says about those in charge of the game. Its the most staggering of staggering decisions these clowns have ever made.

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?334301-wow

Even these bams get it. Stephen Thompson on Sportsound describing it as Super Sunday. What a cretinous moron.

Edited by Riccarton3

29 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I can't get my head round why Budge thought this was an acceptable solution?

Jumping the gun a bit aren't you.

As a previous poster has said Hearts and Aberdeen would never have voted for this but the OF would so that leaves a casting vote with the SPFL. 

Guess the outcome of that vote.

I would wait for the official club statement before losing my shit.

The Police Scotland officials who agreed to these timings need booted off the force.

Recipe for disaster imo.

4 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

Binding to what?

Governor Tarkin

By the time our game rolls around Police Glasgow will be in a foul mood after dealing with the carnage all day. We'll be herded around like cattle, spoken to like shit, and be lifted for any spurious reason. 

They can ****ing ram it.

No thought for any families. So much for encouraging kids to get interested in Scottish football. Will break the news to my daughters that they will not be attending their first semi final. Terrible decision from people who do not give a shit about the fans or future fans.

31 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

Like many others the SFA have done my son out of a rare trip to Hampden. Under no circumstances will I be taking an 9 year old to Glasgow on a Sunday night. 

Anne needs to make a statement and fast.

Hearts are promoting the family side of the club but the SFA completely disregarded the basics in this situation. The time we get out of Hampden and try and make it back to Edinburgh it will be not a kick in the arse of midnight. ????????

The SFA are only interested in promoting the Weegie erse cheeks. The rest of us are cannon fodder.

2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Are you having a laugh?

A few seconds on google will tell you the reaction from the Celtic supporters...no set of supporters are winning here...some are just losing less....

Am I right I thinking we now play Celtic on the Sunday night then Hibs on the Wednesday night ? 

Certainly not ideal and puts us at a disadvantage for that game , given they will both be high octane games 

2 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

No chance. 

Hearts and Aberdeen should refuse to play the tie the sponsors would 

Soon put the pressure on the authorities 

The lack of comment on the Hearts news page or twitter feed speaks volumes. They will be trying to figure out what to say to the fans. If there's extra time and penalties I can look forward to getting home at 0100hrs on Monday.

Howdy Doody Jambo

What a bunch of amateurs running Scottish Football, loosers out of touch with the supporters 

Time Doncaster or whoever SFA board resigned, they are taking the urine, no common sense 

What is Police Scotland thinking about here? Recipe for a disaster 

a nightmare for network rail 

Edited by Old Castle Rock

Just now, Riccarton3 said:

Even these bams get it. Stepehen Thompson on Sportsound describing it as Super Sunday. What a cretinous moron.

Stephen Thomson, a guy who stated in an interview in Saturday's Times that he has no interest in football.