Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

Selkirkhmfc1874

After today's shocking decision to play the semi final at hampden on a Sunday evening at 7.45pm I'd like to see hearts offering hospitality in our suites at Tynecastle and beam back the game because there's going to be an awful lot of hearts supporters unable to go through to Glasgow on a Sunday evening myself included 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

What if there are broken seats or other vandalism at the 1st game? No way will they be able to repair them in time for the 2nd, with fans arriving with tickets for Broken seats. They’ll also need a small army of cleaners to clean the place up at a rate of knots before the 2nd game. Pitch cutting up as already mentioned.

Absolute arseholes of the highest order. Dungcatcher should f### right off and eat his own shite and drink his own piss.

The decision is simply a disgrace

What's worse is the authorities in charge using the fact that the police say its okay to host 2 matches to avoid having to move one tie to Murrayfield....the fact that they are contractually obliged to play at Hampden is in itself a joke but using the police decision to ensure they have a cop out I just adding fuel to the fire.

It makes you in part want to see what would happen if events get out of control but the fact that fans could get hurt simply means I hope things are managed safely 

I hope but don't hold my breath that our owner makes a statement to condemn this decision.

Oh and what about the fact we have derby match midweek after playing on a Sunday night

We are the side shafted in all of this

4 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Danny Dyer?! Aye mate, a right naughty one me. You'll catch me roaming the streets of Gorgie pre match, with my Stone Island gear on, looking for a right old flare up!

The abandoned Ibrox game had trouble because Rangers were in crisis and their fans were going mental and trying to ram their way into the stadium. It could have happened at any game.

The two sets of fans will largely be arriving at the stadium from opposite ends and will be mostly apart. And then after the game it'll be a mad dash for Hearts fans to get to the train station and get home, otherwise it's straight into supporters buses. I doubt there will be much interaction between the fans.

I had you down as one of kickback's deadliest men as well!! 

I can see where you are coming from but I think the opportunity for all day bevvying means fans will be in Glasgow for most of the day. Potential flash points in town and in boozers in the Southside. Just hope nothing too tricky happens. 

33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If you stay in the Pans mate you won't be getting home anywhere near 11.0pm.

I stay in East Lothian and the last time I went through to Glasgow midweek it was after 1.00am by the time I got home.

I was on public transport right enough probably a good bit quicker by car or supporters bus.

I’ll be driving LD. still, it is a mare getting out from Hampden after a game so you may be right. 

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

This. Why has Budge agreed to this? Seems like shes rolled over on this one when its quite possible Hearts fans could be in danger. Potentially 60k fans kicking about the weeg is ****ing irresponsible from the GFA. I'd hope the police would shoot this down. Agreeing to this nonsense is unbelievably disrespectful to fans. 

Hadn't thought of the drinking aspect.  Hearts and Celtic supporters drinking all day.  If rangers lose, drunken supporters in the city centre looking for trouble.

They could make a film out of this.  Jonno could write the script.

17 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Until I hear otherwise "our club " is complicit in this decision.We are walk up fans but have been to most games this season including last night.At this point we are not going on Sat.Sickened by this nonsense.there is no way we can claim to be a family club unless a stand is made.

:rofl: 

6 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Like the cut of your jib. 

Just wish I had an account to do the same. 

You could always contact Betfred to ask them what they think of the treatment of the fans in the competition they're sponsoring.

Their .com web site might even have a "Contact Us" button near the bottom. ;)

Edited by redjambo

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Wait for Hearts statement. No way has this been agreed 

But surely Doncaster couldn’t go to press if no deal had been agreed?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, CJGJ said:

The decision is simply a disgrace

What's worse is the authorities in charge using the fact that the police say its okay to host 2 matches to avoid having to move one tie to Murrayfield....the fact that they are contractually obliged to play at Hampden is in itself a joke but using the police decision to ensure they have a cop out I just adding fuel to the fire.

It makes you in part want to see what would happen if events get out of control but the fact that fans could get hurt simply means I hope things are managed safely 

I hope but don't hold my breath that our owner makes a statement to condemn this decision.

Oh and what about the fact we have derby match midweek after playing on a Sunday night

We are the side shafted in all of this

I agree with every word of this.

Surprise in adversity right enough!

:biggrin:

Here's an idea. Hearts and Aberdeen withdraw from the league cup. We then arrange an unsanctioned game on the Saturday between the 2 teams at murryfield with a 3 pm kick off. Charge £20 a ticket fill it with 560000, get a trophy made and call it the "Peoples cup final" 

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, MR INCREDIBLE said:

Club statement required.

Ha Ha!

The club website still has not caught up with news of the times...

19 minutes ago, tolcross lad said:

Until I hear otherwise "our club " is complicit in this decision.We are walk up fans but have been to most games this season including last night.At this point we are not going on Sat.Sickened by this nonsense.there is no way we can claim to be a family club unless a stand is made.

You tell em sunshine :mellow:

...a bit disco
Just now, ShedBoy said:

If Lawwell agreed it, what's the problem?

Livid, end off an absolute joke of a decision !!! 
7.45pm on a Sunday night …...
Why could they not have kicked off at the same time ? 
Clearly the back lash from the decision to Save Hampden
As opposed to Murrayfield being used to play Big games
Was so looking forward to a day out supporting my club
Gutted that presumably my club agreed re this decision, simply gutted …..
…… BT Sport it is then and work at 6am Monday as the majority of us have bills to pay  

1 minute ago, jambo1975 said:

Here's an idea. Hearts and Aberdeen withdraw from the league cup. We then arrange an unsanctioned game on the Saturday between the 2 teams at murryfield with a 3 pm kick off. Charge £20 a ticket fill it with 560000, get a trophy made and call it the "Peoples cup final" 

???

Some people getting a bit carried away here....shite decision and shite for families/youngsters but people worried for their own safety? Come on now

The Apprentice

As someone has already said I think the fact Hearts haven’t released a statement is quite telling. I’m sure we’ll get an explanation from Ann in due course. Can’t imagine the club are happy about this at all. 

8 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

That's not the issue.

The solution - regardless of who approves it completely disregards the needs of the supporters ie the circa 20-25 thousand people  from outside of Glasgow. On that basis , it's totally unacceptable and it is unacceptable for Doncaster to imply that there was no other solution. Both games HAD to be played at Hampden - says Doncaster. But on the SAME day ? The SPFL runs the league - all they had to do was reschedule a couple of  their own fixtures. 

I'm not saying I agree with the decision and I am only speculating, though I think I might be close to the truth that if all the other parties with a say on where/when the games are played were happy to vote for this the both Hearts and Aberdeen could shout from the rooftops from now till the game is played and it won't make a jot of difference. We can't refuse to play the game, we can object and I wish we would but I still don't see that changing the decision.

So Hearts and Hibs can't play on the same day with potentially around 30,000 or so fans around, but 100,000 for two cup semis is fine.

Okay.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

Nowhere in Ian Blair's statement does it suggest that was on the table. Fixture backlog and Police Scotland plus Hampden are the people deciding. BT had to be too. I believe they have been talking prior to the draw being made which kind of gives it away 

5 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Murrayfield isn't big enough for that many.

Captain America
1 minute ago, The Apprentice said:

As someone has already said I think the fact Hearts haven’t released a statement is quite telling. I’m sure we’ll get an explanation from Ann in due course. Can’t imagine the club are happy about this at all. 

Both Celtic & Rangers have confirmed the KO time on Twitter however silence from both Hearts & Aberdeen.

We are now 2 hours since the news was released by the SPFL, I would have expected at least a tweet confirming it by Hearts.

33 minutes ago, Kilmacolm Jambo said:

No it’s not, not in the slightest, as a support we have to stand up against this nonsense and if that means standing up against the Hearts board then so be it. 

We are not a cash cow and considering the position we are in, the fans should come first.

I actually like the idea of supporting my club thank you very much?

4 hours ago, Inch Hearts said:

The police in Glasgow are under investigation for the last old firm match which means there is no way they will sanction two games in Glasgow on the same day.

You were saying! ??

1 hour ago, kimosavi said:

Same with me this would have been my son's 1st trip to Hampden no danger I'll be taking him through to this and he's heartbroken about it i can handle the late kick off but 100k fans from 4 different clubs intoxicated within a 2 mile radius makes me very nervous so he wont go 

Stunned ann and Hearts have agreed to this it will be carnage through there 

This! I was planning to take the whole family, that’s at least 7 not going now.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Hot since 86 said:

Some people getting a bit carried away here....shite decision and shite for families/youngsters but people worried for their own safety? Come on now

Nah. Because like thousands of others I won't be there. 

Silver lining saving a chunk of cash 

7 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

What if there are broken seats or other vandalism at the 1st game? No way will they be able to repair them in time for the 2nd, with fans arriving with tickets for Broken seats. They’ll also need a small army of cleaners to clean the place up at a rate of knots before the 2nd game. Pitch cutting up as already mentioned.

Absolute arseholes of the highest order. Dungcatcher should f### right off and eat his own shite and drink his own piss.

Also the hospitality side of the game, I think you normally get an hour after the game for drinks,with the possibility of ET and PK that would be around 4 ish

and are you not supposed to get in either 2 hours before kickoff ??  Pretty tight if that’s the case 

So that’s me on a train from London to Glasgow (which doubled in cost after announcement) Sunday morning, night in a Glasgow hotel, and a 7.20am flight from Glasgow to London City, with a hooky doctors appointment to avoid a day off work. Haven’t told the wife yet either. 

Loads of bl00dy scrambling and inconvenience but I wasn’t missing it. 

As for the spfl’s absolutely disgusting behaviour and what seems to be the complicit role HMFC played in this.... better leave it there before i get a ban. 

I’m livid. Absolutely livid. How to discourage young fans ? Make it impossible for them to enjoy a semi final by playing in Glasgow on a Sunday night just after a powder keg game a few hours before and with the possibility of extra time etc. School night. Work night.

Absolute idiots run this game. Of the highest order. They get paid wages to make the most ridiculous decisions. Be lucky if there’s not riots as well as a terrible crowd. Showcase event on national tv as well. How to advertise the game in Scotland right enough. Not to mention the state of the pitch etc.

it should be Ibrox at 3pm. How fekin simple can it be ? 

They can piss right off and do one.

ill be there but by car. I hate the football authorities here with a passion. 

Why did the police say rangers had to have the early game?  Did they just win a toss of the coin with Celtic?

Surely at the very least we can get the hibs game postponed.

I'm still stunned.

Nelly Terraces

On a day when this ludicrous decision is made, I turn on Radio Scotland & they're having the most moronic discussion on what tattoos players have. 

Scottish Football Media - down with the REAL issues facing the game!???

Edited by Nelly Terraces

i think this statement from ian blair spfl secretary says it all

"Any alternative had the knock-on effect of causing major fixture congestion, not only for Celtic and Rangers, but for several other clubs,"

Wow... feck me, what a total farce this is, I was at the last semi at Hamdump Vs the tic on a early sunday kick off time , but most likely wont go to this , feck getting back to Edinburgh past midnight on a Sunday.

The game in Scotland is a total feck up.

Edited by EH16

2 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

So that’s me on a train from London to Glasgow (which doubled in cost after announcement) Sunday morning, night in a Glasgow hotel, and a 7.20am flight from Glasgow to London City, with a hooky doctors appointment to avoid a day off work. Haven’t told the wife yet either. 

Loads of bl00dy scrambling and inconvenience but I wasn’t missing it. 

As for the spfl’s absolutely disgusting behaviour and what seems to be the complicit role HMFC played in this.... better leave it there before i get a ban. 

I'm flying up then back Tuesday morning first thing. Similar situation

i wish jj was my dad
1 hour ago, DesertDawg said:

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

If there is a binding agreement how come other games get played in Edinburgh when there are no bigots involved

5 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

I actually like the idea of supporting my club thank you very much?

There’s supporting your club. 

And theres rolling over over and getting your tits tickled .......

scott herbertson
20 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Where is your commitment?!

LOL - to my daughter first. My wife will be away on business in England so she'd be at home on her tod all night if I left her, or in some bus station at 1am more than likely if she came along.

I'm in favour of the idea of setting up a fund where those who don't go can give their ticket money direct to hearts. Let's face it with more of them and less of us going our chances of winning will be reduced so any money the club can make away from this will be helpful.