Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

2 minutes ago, Jodami said:

Feck that now, not a chance I am taking my son to Hampden on a Sunday night against the dodgiest support in Scotland. An utter travesty, why the hell have Hearts agreed to this? 

We are simply a member club we have to accept the decision, how moronic or not - I am more surprised police Scotland have sanctioned this.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Hard on the heels of the fiasco last year when we got a game less on our season tickets. Not Hearts fault but the one constant in everything in Scottish football is that fans get absolutely shafted time and time and time again. Shameful , absolutely shameful.

MaskedMarauder

An absolute joke. Will Hearts be laying on supporters buses for this? Shocking planning from all involved and 100% not risking taking public transport. 

Hearts and Aberdeen fans being shafted big time. 

Both clubs better come public with their disgust at this disgusting decision. 

4 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This could go to extra-time and penalties - could they not at least have made it 6pm or 6:30?

I worked some numbers on this earlier and quickly stopped as the logistics of both games going to penalties as well as requirements for teams to arrive 90 mins before, plus transport in and out crossing over made me quickly abandon this as a fairly silly idea and not really a solution...let’s be honest here, not one set of supporters will be pleased with this...even in your home city 1200 and 1945 on a Sunday is about as bad as it gets...

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

She was there, she should be standing up for the club and its supporters not bending over and taking one up the shitter.

What was she meant to do? How do you know she didn't try everything in her power?

Sounds like you have inferred from the outcome that we sat meekly accepting our fate. How do you know that? What would you do, remove Hearts from the competition?

5 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

This is a tremendous opportunity for fan unity and to show that football is all that separates us.  There should be a massive fan zone set up on Glasgow Green for all sets of fans from around 3pm, those coming out the first semi can make their way there and those for the 2nd semi can also be there.  Bouncy castles, kids entertainers, bars, food trucks, couple of bands and some shows.  Everyone partying in harmony regardless of team supported. 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Rudy T said:

If it was 745 at Hampden on a Sunday....  how would we get home exactly if it went beyond the 90. It’s no happening at that time.

Extra Time , penalties will the trains be on.

What a joke

9 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

This could go to extra-time and penalties - could they not at least have made it 6pm or 6:30?

Hampden is shocking for away fans to get out of at 5pm on a Saturday let alone potentionally 11pm on a Sunday. An utterly disgraceful decision

8 minutes ago, Spectre said:

Aberdeen fans have to leave at the crack of dawn to make that KO time! 

I was certain that this would happen. The SFA/SPFL have previous in making Aberdeen turn up for an early kick-off. Both association really are completely Glasgow-centric.

Seymour M Hersh
7 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

This is a tremendous opportunity for fan unity and to show that football is all that separates us.  There should be a massive fan zone set up on Glasgow Green for all sets of fans from around 3pm, those coming out the first semi can make their way there and those for the 2nd semi can also be there.  Bouncy castles, kids entertainers, bars, food trucks, couple of bands and some shows.  Everyone partying in harmony regardless of team supported. 

Stay off the drugs ffs! :rofl:

They moved the semi finals from midweek to weekend to help raise the flagging appeal of the League Cup.

They are meant to be a showpiece game, sort of, and they go and do this. 

There’ll be about 8000 JTs now, probably double if it was at a sensible time.

It almost becomes like a midweek game because of the ko time and folk have work on Monday. 

Ludicrous, bizarre, unfair, dangerous,discriminatory to sheep and us..unbelievable that these so called national football officials can get away with this decision..

9 minutes ago, Tiger said:

She was there, she should be standing up for the club and its supporters not bending over and taking one up the shitter.

That’s a mental image I have never wanted to experience. I’m pretty sure her highness never conducts herself in such a debasing,un holy manner.

1 hour ago, magicTs said:

On the same day?  Nae chance.  Up to 100k football supporters from 4 teams, many traveling into the city by train, in Glasgow, on a Sunday..........what could possibly go wrong   ?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️?‍♂️

I was wrong. I somehow forgot who we were dealing with here. The sheer ineptitude and incompetence of these ****ing asshats is legendary. **** them all. What an absolute disgrace. Treating the fans of the game like this when everyone should be looking forward to a semi-final, utterly shameful.

I hope Hearts release a statement shortly explaining what input (if any) we had and how this decision was arrived at.

5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Probably the most ridiculous and staggering decision in Scottish football history and thats ****ing saying something. 

Instead of 50,000 at Murrayfield at 2 or 3pm they choose Hampden on a Sunday night at 7.45pm where they will be lucky to get half that crowd. 

Not only that they have Rangers v Aberdeen finishing less than 6 hours earlier (thats without extra time) in the same ****ing stadium. There will be all sorts of trouble at transport hubs, within Glasgow and in between the matches. Seriously, what in the name of **** are they thinking about. 

They are thinking, as usual, of Celtic and rangers 

5 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Probably the most ridiculous and staggering decision in Scottish football history and thats ****ing saying something. 

Instead of 50,000 at Murrayfield at 2 or 3pm they choose Hampden on a Sunday night at 7.45pm where they will be lucky to get half that crowd. 

Not only that they have Rangers v Aberdeen finishing less than 6 hours earlier (thats without extra time) in the same ****ing stadium. There will be all sorts of trouble at transport hubs, within Glasgow and in between the matches. Seriously, what in the name of **** are they thinking about. 

They are not thinking, full stop. They are doing as Celtic and Rangers tell them.

Horrific decision, Hearts and Aberdeen fans badly let down by this decision. 

It is without doubt, not a positive outcome or positive meeting from a fans perspective.

Kilmacolm Jambo
8 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

If Hearts and Aberdeen has the balls they would tell the authorities to forget it and forfeit the semi finals, they only want an old firm final, just give it to them

I don't post here often but completely agree with this, the Hearts and Aberdeen fans need to be getting together and agreeing to boycott the game, if this is accepted then it is the final straw for fair football in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, blakdreem said:

What was she meant to do? How do you know she didn't try everything in her power?

Sounds like you have inferred from the outcome that we sat meekly accepting our fate. How do you know that? What would you do, remove Hearts from the competition?

Oliver Dickinson @STVoliver

Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting” with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

POSITIVE MEETING, how the **** can that outcome be described as positive?

manaliveits105

So if there’s no extra time it will finish at 10pm if extra time penalties 11pm then back to Edinburgh 12pm 1am - how many are going to take school kids ?

Absolute neandrathol administration 

I would love it if Hearts and Aberdeen both boycotted the game and handed it to the old firm. They’re trying to do their best to stop both sets of fans from attending. Sheep fans will have to try and make their way down from Aberdeen at about 0730 to get to Hampden on time. Our fans will be ****ed getting back home if the game goes to extra time and pens. Hampden is a ***** to get to on public transport. Train back to central then a walk to queen street to get a train back east. ****ing scandalous. They’re trying their best to get an old firm final.

So first game goes extra time and pens and they leave Hampden at say 3 pm they'll all get to the city center around 345pm.... just in time for the Hearts and Celtic fans starting their day out in Glasgow. This will be utter carnage...****ing idiots. Unless scotrail are planning extra trains after 12 anything beyond the 90 for us and there'll be 1000s of Hearts and Celtic fans rushing into the city centre for trains which means shared transport back from hampden and glasgow the SPFL are utter arseholes. I'm shocked police Scotland are allowing this

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, blakdreem said:

What would you do, remove Hearts from the competition?

At what point do you just say enough is enough? Do they have to schedule a match for 4am?

5 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

Hearts and Aberdeen fans being shafted big time. 

Both clubs better come public with their disgust at this disgusting decision. 

Absolutely agree. No thought given to the supporters in this decision.

Not in a position to do tonight or I would so can someone raise this on tonight’s sport sound ? This is seriously the most ridiculous decision by the gfa in soooo many ways ?

11 minutes ago, Craig Gordons Gloves said:

???

So that's Jambos and Sheep only. 

We should try to get together with the aberdeen fans and try to voice just how much we’ve both been shafted 

do they think the Serco fans will disappear after their game, and that both hearts and Celtic fans won’t turn up to hampden till an hour or so before kick off !!! ,  who in their right mind would risk taking their kids to a potential free for all !!

it proves that those that claim to have the good of our game at heart actually don’t have a bloody clue !

id be coming from Inverness god knows what time  I’ll get home , now most likely settle for watching it on the tv , shocking ,absolutely shocking decision.

sidjamesbottle
7 minutes ago, magicTs said:

I'm not saying she or the club had any clout in this decision but I'd love to hear Budge's take on this.....

Hearts and Aberdeen should get together and refuse to take any tickets

Anyone making this decision and under the impression it is achievable has only ever been to a Hearts v Celtic or a Rangers v Aberdeen game while being in the posh seats. If they had to travel by bus or car, or run the risk of meeting rival fans on route, then they’d never decide this. 

UTTER MADNESS