Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

The alternative is to get off your knees and represent your club and customers.  Both clubs should be condemning it and demanding another solution.

As I said to another poster we could do that and I would have been glad if we had but do you really think it would make any difference. The uglies, SPFL and Police Scotland would have voted for this so majority rules. I may have worded it better but I can't believe how quickly some on here want to have a go at Budge, Levein, the players etc as soon as we don't win a game or get our way in a decision about where a game should be played. I don't know what alternatives were on the table as it is.

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

16 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

10k hearts fans if lucky

I think it'll be less than that tbh. It sounds like one of the most unappealing semi final fixtures ever.

You'd have to drive in and out. And hope the weegie filth aren't in too much of a foul mood around the stadium. The pub sounds tempting.

Francis Albert
32 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

“SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster told STV a binding agreement meant both ties had to be played at Hampden.”

He has to go now.  Complete incompetence.

Are we really supposed to believe that if the semi had been between say Aberdeen and St Johnstone or St,Johnstone and Dundee it would have been played at Hampden?

Lots of semis have been played elsewhere.

What has changed? And why?

CavySlaveJambo
7 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Still nothing from Hearts on our website or on social media. 

We are either livid and about to react or they know they are about to get some serious grief  by defending this shitshow. Either way a very carefully written announcement seems likely. 

could Hearts and Aberdeen be working on a joint statement? 

We can all be guilty at times of feigned outrage but this is an absolute scandal.

A total, utter, absolute scandal.  I'm seriously in disbelief.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Are we really supposed to believe that if the semi had been between say Aberdeen and St Johnstone or St,Johnstone and Dundee it would have been played at Hampden?

Exactly. Its complete bull. Who is this agreement with exactly? 

3 minutes ago, 42 not 2 said:

Those who posted beam back Tec before me (obviously the club will do so anyway) sorry did not read all posts in this thread. Listening to Bearsden Radio. Nothing about any furore maybe set off by SFA. Who cares as long as Green & Brown catered for. So much tripe.

Anybody able to translate that for me, looks like a very interesting post.

Binding agreement with the Old Firm that they will never be required to play any semi or final outside Glasgow more like. You just could not make this up.

Francis Albert

Apart from the trivial issue of making it impossible for many fans to attend, why devalue the LC semifinals (both this season attractive and capable of attracting a big crowd) when the LC has been struggling to retain credibility for years as a major trophy?

Sorry for a moment I slipped into a parallel universe there where the Scottish football authorities might have had the interest of Scottish football at heart rather than the interest of two clubs.

Edited by Francis Albert

1 minute ago, Jodami said:

I apologise, I was out of order, blood up and vented. Genuinely sorry, I realise you are coming from a good place. I just feel I donate an awful lot of money to the club already and would like to see them reciprocate with some more forceful representation. 

No worries mate, I hate the decision on one hand but then I am on holiday the week before and arrive back at 1pm on the Sunday so if we'd had the early ko I'd have been stuffed but now I can go.

**** the GFA/GPFL and the ugly sisters, let's get to the final and win this.

3 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It must have been agreed within the last 5 years as it wasn't in place when we played ICT at Easter Road

Governor Tarkin

Apart from the trivial issue of making it impossible for many fans to attend, why devalue the LC semifinals (both this season attractive and capable of attracting a big crowd) when the LC has been struggling to retain credibility for years as a major trophy?

Because they are incompetent ****ing idiots.

8 minutes ago, Walter Kidd said:

Does anyone have an email contact for the club?  The more we complain the more we will be heard against these faceless no marks in Glasgow.  Time that football fans everywhere stood up and force real change in the game.  As a wise man once said Football without Fans is Nothing.

Time to take action.

The fact Hearts haven't made a statement confirming the kick off time is telling imo. 

We wil  prob release at statement saying we are unhappy with the situation maybe even jointly with Aberdeen.

Would love it if both teams refused to take any tickets but can't see it unfortunately.  

Is there a cheap hospitality option for this? It's a couple of days before my 40th. Might ask for that as a present. 

Edited by Normthebarman

Doncaster should be paying for the busses not bloody Hearts

Unfortunately this kick off time screws me

i was up for driving from Brussels with some Belgian Jambos to Amsterdam Sunday morning and flight across and back same day

could be another 4 years before this comes round again 

Shitehawks

wattie exploited

the bus thing is a good idea but its out off order that every thing is done to help celtic and rangers !

playing the two games on the same day is just asking for trouble!

no doubt a lot of the heart supporters buses will be attacked when we beat celtic  

SFA what a total joke !!!!!!!!!!!

5 minutes ago, Jodami said:

I see Danny Dyer's in! There are all sorts of potential angles for trouble, even just Hearts and Celtic fans bevvying all day on a day off. Surely you can understand that taking any child to the game is a no go as well. My mate was knocked out stone cold at the abandoned game at Ibrox. The Glasgow police are also renowned for their ineptness. 

Danny Dyer?! Aye mate, a right naughty one me. You'll catch me roaming the streets of Gorgie pre match, with my Stone Island gear on, looking for a right old flare up!

The abandoned Ibrox game had trouble because Rangers were in crisis and their fans were going mental and trying to ram their way into the stadium. It could have happened at any game.

The two sets of fans will largely be arriving at the stadium from opposite ends and will be mostly apart. And then after the game it'll be a mad dash for Hearts fans to get to the train station and get home, otherwise it's straight into supporters buses. I doubt there will be much interaction between the fans.

Just now, Macros said:

As I said to another poster we could do that and I would have been glad if we had but do you really think it would make any difference. The uglies, SPFL and Police Scotland would have voted for this so majority rules. I may have worded it better but I can't believe how quickly some on here want to have a go at Budge, Levein, the players etc as soon as we don't win a game or get our way in a decision about where a game should be played. I don't know what alternatives were on the table as it is.

That's not the issue.

The solution - regardless of who approves it completely disregards the needs of the supporters ie the circa 20-25 thousand people  from outside of Glasgow. On that basis , it's totally unacceptable and it is unacceptable for Doncaster to imply that there was no other solution. Both games HAD to be played at Hampden - says Doncaster. But on the SAME day ? The SPFL runs the league - all they had to do was reschedule a couple of  their own fixtures. 

brunoatemyhamster
1 minute ago, Normthebarman said:

Is there a cheap hospitality option for this? 

No, but youll be able to put your feet over the chair infront and put your pie and coffee at each side of you for extra comfort due to the decision if that helps.

2 minutes ago, Normthebarman said:

Is there a cheap hospitality option for this? It's a couple of days before my 40th. Might ask for that as a present. 

Aye, a dozen cans and a fish supper then watch the game on the telly.

12 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree with you (but wont be going because of the travel issues. I don't drive at night and there is simply no way to get back on public transport, plus my daughter will have school the next morning so has to get up at 7.

here's my transport options assuming it doesn't go to extra time

easytravel.JPG

I'm sure you can imagine how much I'd want to see the Hearts if I was lucky enough to be back in Scotland but I wouldn't be going Scott for very similar reasons.  Far too late at night.  I wouldn't drive either.  I'd be worried for my own safety.

What a scandal.

16 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

I agree with you (but wont be going because of the travel issues. I don't drive at night and there is simply no way to get back on public transport, plus my daughter will have school the next morning so has to get up at 7.

here's my transport options assuming it doesn't go to extra time

easytravel.JPG

Where is your commitment?!

brunoatemyhamster
2 minutes ago, redjambo said:

Perhaps Betfred might like to hear from the fans?

Closed my account.

#IMUPFORACTION

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Aye, a dozen cans and a fish supper then watch the game on the telly.

Sounds decent., to be fair.

2 minutes ago, Macros said:

No worries mate, I hate the decision on one hand but then I am on holiday the week before and arrive back at 1pm on the Sunday so if we'd had the early ko I'd have been stuffed but now I can go.

**** the GFA/GPFL and the ugly sisters, let's get to the final and win this.

Cheers. Get your situation but there are bigger issues at stake here. The club talks the talk but it needs to demonstrate more respect for the fan base. 

Apologies for bringing FOH and fan ownership into this.

Once FOH assumes the majority shareholding, I am happy for the club to be allowed to conduct its day to day operations without interference. However this is the sort of situation where I would expect the club to reflect the interests of what will be its major shareholder, i.e. the fans.

I expect that Hearts will end up putting out a statement saying they tried their best, but that it was the only practical solution.

That's not good enough IMHO.  The club should be coming out with a clear statement that they do not agree with the decision made and put it on record that Hearts and Aberdeen request that their supporters interests are given priority in the next scheduling conflict.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

It's a semi final at hampden ffs. People would love to take their young sons and daughters etc to such an event. As long as you're ok though 

It's up to you if you want to take your kids or not.

We played Rangers at Hampden in the semi final, midweek in 2001 and again in 2008

We also played St Mirren midweek at Fir Park in 2010.

Plenty of kids attended those games

6 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It must have been agreed within the last 5 years as it wasn't in place when we played ICT at Easter Road

15-16 season hibs beat st johnstone at tynie

Ministry of Football

If Budge has been complicit in this, perhaps Hearts should pay for the buses to get us all there and back safely. 

After all, the club probably didn't expect to get here so this is money they would not have budgeted for. 

avhudtheteeshirt

Its an accident waiting to happen!

Most Glasgow fans after the mid day game will head for the pubs, meanwhile others from Edinburgh and Parkhead will think nothing of turning up at 3 o'clock to hit the pubs before the game!!!

This is a nightmare scenario, how can police stop fans arriving early for the game, then put a stop to any bother that may happen?

This is what we all expected when Hampden was the choice of the GFA, some contractual thing is stopping moving the game from Hampden to Murrayfield?

It sounds more like, were giving into the Old Firm as they are playing in Europe!

I hope there is no bother with this, but with the Old Firm in their home city on the same day, but it sounds like a recipe for disaster!!!!!

Just now, Jodami said:

Cheers. Get your situation but there are bigger issues at stake here. The club talks the talk but it needs to demonstrate more respect for the fan base. 

This. Why has Budge agreed to this? Seems like shes rolled over on this one when its quite possible Hearts fans could be in danger. Potentially 60k fans kicking about the weeg is ****ing irresponsible from the GFA. I'd hope the police would shoot this down. Agreeing to this nonsense is unbelievably disrespectful to fans. 

1 minute ago, Ministry of Football said:

If Budge has been complicit in this, perhaps Hearts should pay for the buses to get us all there and back safely. 

After all, the club probably didn't expect to get here so this is money they would not have budgeted for. 

Take yourself and **** right off. 

Ministry of Football
3 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Closed my account.

#IMUPFORACTION

Like the cut of your jib. 

Just wish I had an account to do the same. 

This is a good place to start.

[email protected]

Phil Turnbull

Media & Communications Officer

Heart of Midlothian plc | Tynecastle Park | Gorgie Road | Edinburgh EH11 2NL

DD : +44 (0)131 200 7209 | Website : www.heartsfc.co.uk

Heart of Midlothian Football Club | The Heart and Soul of Edinburgh

A_A wehatethehibs

Absolutely hilarious. Quarter to eight on a Sunday night for a Semi final

its as though the SPfL actually hate football and fans of football 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Apparently all the fans from Aberdeen have a raw deal. 

But people come to watch all 4 of these clubs from many places in the UK. 

745 no chance of getting home at a reasonable time to begin the working week. I would suggest it's Hearts AND Celtic fans that have the raw deal. 

Brendan likes commenting on pitches. He must have a quote