Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

22 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Again folk just bursting to blame the club or Budge. The club did not ask for this and will have been told it’s happening. 

A response confirming that they were against the decision would put a lot of minds at rest.

Why is it taking so long ?

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

What an absolute joke of a decision. This is all about not making their precious Glasgow teams leave Glasgow, and also not wanting to do anything (ie host a game at murrayfield) that would show everyone how poor Hamdump is and what a shite decision they made few weeks back

Captain Canada

What a farce. Scottish football really is a joke. This decision means many parents now won't take their kids along. 

How can the police agree to having four sets of rival fans in the city at the same time? The matches might be far apart but there will be plenty of crossover away from the stadium. A stadium that itself is an absolute joke in terms of the fans' experience and transport congestion. 

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Agree with you. No need for your last sentence. It's simple both us and Aberdeen quite rightly say. We are not playing on the day stated at the times stated. Therefore no games on BT Sport and Dung caster can rethink it.

? Exactly , raging

12 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Let's just wait and see shall we. 

Supporters seem pretty livid with this, so what the club says over it will be important. 

Yup deep breath time,immediate seethe from me let’s just wait and see what statements come from ourselves and Aberdeen.Very strange nothing as yet.But as said earlier on this thread Police giving it there approval was probably crucial.

Just now, redjambo said:

blurb blurb blurb... We had no choice ...blurb blurb blurb... The decision was out of our hands... blurb blurb blurb... Contractual obligations... blurb blur blurb... As a sop to our fans, we will be laying on buses...

Or dare I dream that we're not taking this lying down?

We are looking for a sign that she is the leader we thought she was

If she does not clearly state the club voted against this option and that she disagrees with it then she runs the risk of losing all the goodwill built up recently

That is the real cost of saying nothing or acting as though we just have to accept it

She should say she wants this reviewed and that she does not agree with the police and she is concerned for our safety as fans

That would bind us together knowing we have a leader who cares about the club and its fans

24 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

LOL - to my daughter first. My wife will be away on business in England so she'd be at home on her tod all night if I left her, or in some bus station at 1am more than likely if she came along.

I'm in favour of the idea of setting up a fund where those who don't go can give their ticket money direct to hearts. Let's face it with more of them and less of us going our chances of winning will be reduced so any money the club can make away from this will be helpful.

The fund would be good if they also give people the loyalty points for the match.

I can't make it anyway, I'm away for the weekend.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wouldn't want the club to be sanctioned for not playing a game, possibly to the extent of being banned from next season's competition.

The failure of Aberdeen or Hearts to acknowledge the scheduling of the ties as yet is notable in itself. Perhaps both clubs have been inundated with complaints since the announcement and are considering their options.

Being banned now seems wasn't a punishment.  This is 

Dagger Is Back
9 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

42478949_707652822932257_659461810053919

Werder Bremen fans expressed their opinion recently about their thoughts on the control TV now has over football.

Love that!

1 minute ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

This has merit

sorry but did AB agree to this as all 4 clubs were consulted?

Consulted or told? I think that's what we'll find out soon. "My guess is they were told going by the SPFL statement: "We met with representatives of all four clubs earlier today and explained that this was the only feasible outcome" Basically, do this or no semi finals. That doesn't suggest a consultation between all parties.

pettigrewsstylist

If hearts or Aberdeen are taking legal advice on their options im happy to wait however long. Cant attend now anyway!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Craig Herbertson said:

Last night one of the commentators said something like but if Hearts got Murrayfield it would be like a home tie. They don't do irony do they. The simpler way to say it would be Celtic or Rangers would have to leave their hometown for a change. This is a badly thought out decision which benefits only  Celtic and Rangers.

Hearts playing at Murrayfield for the first time since November 2017 = Home advantage.

Celtic playing at Hampden for the 4th time this year = Not home advantage.

:cornette:

This really is one of the most stupid and disredfectul decisions ever made by the football authorities.  Aberdeen and Hearts fans have been totally shafted. Semi finals are supposed to be seen as an occasion. Now  Aberdeen fans have to travel early (not by train) and we have to return late (not by train) especially if there is extra time.  No pre match drinks, no post match celebrations. Non old firm fans screwed again. Plus,  if it's wet Hearts and Celtic have to play on a pitch that's all kicked to hell by the earlier game. No logic.

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hearts fans will arrive in Glasgow for some pre-match drinks, with the pubs still full of celebrating Aberdeen/Rangers fans. What can go wrong?

Nothing. Nothing at all. Is the intention to have Police Scotland stagger the Edinburgh traffic and curfew Celtic fans? Obviously joking. 

But I cannot believe this has been given a green light. I assume Hearts and Hibs can now both play home games on Saturdays at 3pm in Edinburgh? 

13 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I wouldn't want the club to be sanctioned for not playing a game, possibly to the extent of being banned from next season's competition.

The failure of Aberdeen or Hearts to acknowledge the scheduling of the ties as yet is notable in itself. Perhaps both clubs have been inundated with complaints since the announcement and are considering their options.

I certainly hope so. Like the Were Bremen fans. Let's have a banner in the Wheatfield on Saturday facing the main stand.  That simply states. NO TO HAMPDEN AT 19.45 ON 28.10.18.

10 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

This will never change until it is forced to the point they are as appalled as we are. Im seriously thinking i would support club in saying ram it celtic get bye. Sounds crazy but what is left in the arsenal against these morally bereft clowns? They have no shame and rely on us all being lapdugs looking for scraps. They have seriously forgotten why the game exists

Im with this 

We've been getting diddled for years and the only way you'll make them take notice is a monumental boycott. Would never happen

Has there been a statement from the club regarding the decision? Would be interested to see what was put forward as an argument for the people who matter ( The Fans) surrounding the late evening kick off? Me and the boy were looking forward to going but will just stay at home now! 

1 hour ago, magicTs said:

As seems to be the unanimous reaction both from Hearts fans and fans of other clubs I'm astonished and raging at the decision that has been made over the semi final. The complete lack of common sense, the total lack of foresight despite some of us posting on this very board a month ago about this very distinct fixture possibility, the total disregard for fans who have to travel from Aberdeen and Edinburgh and many from greater distances than that, the lack of thought that young fans won't be able to attend our game due to it being a Sunday night, the notion that Glasgow will be anything but a complete powderkeg that afternoon not to mention the bars in the immediate vicinity of Hampden itself.

The whole thing stinks and is yet another disgraceful chapter in the endless incompetence and ineptitude shown by those who govern the game in our country. When you read various message boards of a number of clubs and there is almost complete agreement as to the staggering nature of this decision you know that you are dealing with a level of stupidity, arrogance and complete delusion that is hard to fathom. To see that ignorant, inept clown Doncaster waffling his way through his statement on Sky Sports with no concept of the issues nor the disappointment he and his cohorts have caused thousands of football supporters just makes the blood boil. He should be hung from the Hampden scoreboard between the 2 matches.

From a Hearts perspective last night we and indeed Motherwell put on a game that showcased everything that is good about Scottish football. A cracking night match in a fantastic stadium, a great atmosphere and some superb goals by both sides. Everyone of a maroon persuasion was on a high and looking forward to a semi-final to go with our excellent start in the league. And now today this completely disgraceful decision meaning that many fans are unable to attend for numerous reasons or now can't take their kids. Its an appalling display of disregard by those decision makers. Instead of 50,000+ for a Hearts v Celtic semi final at Murrayfield they'll be lucky to get 20-25,000 and we won't take half the numbers we would have. And there was me thinking they needed all the income they could get to justify and patch up the crumbling relic that is most of Hampden Park. Amazing. Just amazing.

Sorry for the rant but on to my point...its my strong opinion that Hearts should cater for as many fans as want to go by putting on dozens of buses (as many as they require) directly from Tynecastle to our end of Hampden, dropping our fans as close to the stadium as possible. And then directly back from there to Tynecastle. They could probably leave at 5pm or thereabouts. Obviously there will be Hearts fans that want to make their own way through but I think that this would be a fantastic gesture by the club if they were to put on 100+ buses for 5000+ fans and go through in a fleet. This would potentially allow many fans the opportunity to go whose immediate and understandable reaction has been to say its now impossible. I don't know how this could be funded, perhaps FOH could get involved but I think that Hearts have a duty here to assist the support and ensure that people who want to go feel safe and able to do so.

I admire your sentiments mate but would I **** be happy with FOH £ goin towards trying to find a solution to a problem created by the SPFL. 

I’d rather our club walked away from the tie to be honest. 

Such a shame for our players, after such an immensely euphoric night last night, to now potentially be playing in a soulless stadium in front of very few fans, because Doncaster said so............... an absolute travesty for the lads 

9 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We are looking for a sign that she is the leader we thought she was

If she does not clearly state the club voted against this option and that she disagrees with it then she runs the risk of losing all the goodwill built up recently

That is the real cost of saying nothing or acting as though we just have to accept it

She should say she wants this reviewed and that she does not agree with the police and she is concerned for our safety as fans

That would bind us together knowing we have a leader who cares about the club and its fans

Totally agree. 

jimmy the jambo
15 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

42478949_707652822932257_659461810053919

Werder Bremen fans expressed their opinion recently about their thoughts on the control TV now has over football.

If the game does go ahead as planned,Why don’t we get a banner like this and also encourage the other 3 teams to get the same done too.

Msybe BT sport & Betred won’t get the exposure they want for ‘super Sunday’ Let’s try & embarras them.

1 minute ago, Hazzaru said:

Has there been a statement from the club regarding the decision? Would be interested to see what was put forward as an argument for the people who matter ( The Fans) surrounding the late evening kick off? Me and the boy were looking forward to going but will just stay at home now! 

Not only has there not been a statement there has been nothing acknowledging the kick off time on any social media or our club website. Same for Aberdeen. Can't be coincidental at this point. They are either absolutely livid and preparing to say so or are feeling out the water (its extremely choppy) and gauging fan reaction before putting out some insipid statement bending over and taking it.

After everything AB has done for our club I find it hard to see all the negativity that has been pointed in her direction tonight. 

Nobody knows as yet what has gone on behind the scenes. I, for one, was hoping to take the family through for a brilliant day out, not going to happen now. Not going to start blaming AB though. 

2 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Just had a look at the sheep forum. There is not the same level of determination  as the fury here, but they are not happy. 

That's because they've been shafted already over early kick-offs in Glasgow and they're used to it now. They're brow beaten. They also know that no matter how much Aberdeen complain, nothing will be done about it. I had no idea what the SPFL would decide for the semi-finals but if I had been able to place a large bet on the fact that Aberdeen would be given a midday game, I would have.

I see Police Scotland have commissioned a Expert to review policing of football matches in Scotland after the fans being crushed at Celtic Park.

Well he might be reviewing Bloody Sunday on the 28th of October.

1 minute ago, jimmy the jambo said:

If the game does go ahead as planned,Why don’t we get a banner like this and also encourage the other 3 teams to get the same done too.

Msybe BT sport & Betred won’t get the exposure they want for ‘super Sunday’ Let’s try & embarras them.

Good luck getting it in the ground, if you do the stewards will have it down pronto

brunoatemyhamster

We could boycott it totally and every ticket that would have been bought put the cash directly into FOH.

ONLY if the Club shows some spine and tells them to ram their tickets.

You can have my money right now Anne if your reading.

All that money for nothing ? Think about it.

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

Neverforgetfiveone
18 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Exactly. Only two clubs named. Why? Because everything is done for their benefit. Total disgrace and total farce. It is really time to stand up and say. It's not happening.

For me, the problem isn't the venue, the day or even the brown nosing of the ugly sisters..... it's the SFA's lazy attempted at a solution when there is a hugely obvious solution staring them right in the mush. 

But as as we know - all the clubs come last, least not the supporters. BT Sport will want maximum viewing figures and will be delighted with this. Doncaster and his wally mob should Ben telling BT Sport that it's  not happening.

The fact that no Budge "Fudge" statement has been forthcoming thus far could suggest that advice is being taken before making any comment or next move. She is in a tricky position and is perhaps , wisely checking out the options before proceeding. Shes no daft

Neverforgetfiveone

Surely there is no statement because they have not agreed to it and are currently in consultation with everyone involved to rectify the situation? 

It is a huge disgrace!!! Football for families.........what a joke. When will non-sectarian football supporting clubs stand up to the bigot brothers? What will it take? 

I am a FofH subscriber and I hope my views are heard and voiced?

Edited by Independence

Montgomery Brewster

DONCASTER has to go. An absolute cretin.

the simple solution was to postpone the Celtic game the following week and play at Hampden then.  

Surely someone from from one of the clubs must have mentioned this ?

Imagine its pishing down what state will the pitch be in?  This decision is just madness.

7:45pm on a Sunday night a few hours after Aberdeen and rangers have turned the pitch into a tattie field.

55 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Here's an idea. Hearts and Aberdeen withdraw from the league cup. We then arrange an unsanctioned game on the Saturday between the 2 teams at murryfield with a 3 pm kick off. Charge £20 a ticket fill it with 560000, get a trophy made and call it the "Peoples cup final" 

Bonkers.

But i like.

3 youngsters, 2 of whom would be making their first visit to Hampden to watch Hearts now wont be going becuase of this decision. How many more kids will miss out? Farcical from the SPFL.

I would like Hearts to put up a big screen at Tynecastle so we can attend and watch the match there, puting more money into the club instead of Doncaster and co`s pockets! 

Ministry of Football
8 minutes ago, redjambo said:

That's because they've been shafted already over early kick-offs in Glasgow and they're used to it now. They're brow beaten. They also know that no matter how much Aberdeen complain, nothing will be done about it. I had no idea what the SPFL would decide for the semi-finals but if I had been able to place a large bet on the fact that Aberdeen would be given a midday game, I would have.

Agree with this. 

As the 3rd biggest club and support in the country, we need to make a stand together against this. 

Hearts should simply refuse to play. The backing from all other clubs outside the great unwashed would be with us. 

For the benefit of Scottish football, all our supporters should stand together and make as big a fuss as humanly possible. 

If no Hearts supporters turned up it would turn Scottish football on its head. 

Edited by Ministry of Football

30 minutes ago, gedster said:

BT Sport being a tinpot outfit probably don't have the hardware capability to do two live games at different venues on the same day in Scotland

Bt are one of main winners here - their viewing figures will raise by 0000s with the fans that are unable to or won't attend. 

Portable Badger

I'm hoping some of the influential JKBers can convince Ann to view our collective reactions to this so she can press for a rethink.

I know some are rightly highlighting the time they'd be arriving back in Edinburgh -- What time do you think I'll get home in Inverness after the game ?

9 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Just had a look at the sheep forum. There is not the same level of determination  as the fury here, but they are not happy. 

I would have accepted the 12.00pm start, 7.45pm on a Sunday night is a joke.

7 minutes ago, Fostersfence said:

After everything AB has done for our club I find it hard to see all the negativity that has been pointed in her direction tonight. 

Nobody knows as yet what has gone on behind the scenes. I, for one, was hoping to take the family through for a brilliant day out, not going to happen now. Not going to start blaming AB though. 

To be fair, I think a lot of posters are basing their frustration on a quote earlier on in this thread that was attributed to Ann as having been something she said to STV.

In the absence of alternative information from the club, it's all folk have been able to go on.

Oliver Dickinson 5h
Meeting between 4 clubs in League Cup semi-final finished at Hampden - Ann Budge tells @STVSport it was a “positive meeting”
with a “couple of things that need to be sorted out”

Edited by redjambo

1 minute ago, Walter Bishop said:

3 youngsters, 2 of whom would be making their first visit to Hampden to watch Hearts now wont be going becuase of this decision. How many more kids will miss out? Farcical from the SPFL.

I would like Hearts to put up a big screen at Tynecastle so we can attend and watch the match there, puting more money into the club instead of Doncaster and co`s pockets! 

Also this. Would go to beam back but not going to Hampden. 

4 minutes ago, hisnameis said:

The fact that no Budge "Fudge" statement has been forthcoming thus far could suggest that advice is being taken before making any comment or next move. She is in a tricky position and is perhaps , wisely checking out the options before proceeding. Shes no daft

Positive thoughts there. I'd suggest the club have agreed this. Hence the silence.

Just now, Sarah O said:

Also this. Would go to beam back but not going to Hampden. 

Why not?  It’s only recently it’s been moved to the weekend regardless!  It could end up a great night. 

An appalling decision by a very inept SFA. Having a semi final with a 7:45pm kick off on a Sunday is just ludicrous, no thought for our fans whatsoever.