Hearts v Celtic semi - over 28,000 sold

jamdunc

We should send an Foi request asking for details of the contractual agreement might be Hampden so just play our game a week later and postpone our league game against the smellies and play it later in the season 

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• ...a bit disco

• graygo

1 minute ago, i wish jj was my dad said:

If there is a binding agreement how come other games get played in Edinburgh when there are no bigots involved

2 years ago morton v aberdeen was at hampden

4 minutes ago, Macros said:

I'm not saying I agree with the decision and I am only speculating, though I think I might be close to the truth that if all the other parties with a say on where/when the games are played were happy to vote for this the both Hearts and Aberdeen could shout from the rooftops from now till the game is played and it won't make a jot of difference. We can't refuse to play the game, we can object and I wish we would but I still don't see that changing the decision.

Hearts and Aberdeen should make a statement, forfeit the games and tell them to shove their worthless bent cup right up their arses. Might as well not bother having any knockout rounds - just a bye straight through to the final for the arse Cheeks. Wankers.

Away from ranting extreme reactions, I await statements from both Hearts And Aberdeen. Aberdeen have been stiffed by lunchtime kickoffs loads of times.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Again folk just bursting to blame the club or Budge. The club did not ask for this and will have been told it’s happening. 

mostly hibs trolls with  no other interest in the competition.....

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think this statement from ian blair spfl secretary says it all

"Any alternative had the knock-on effect of causing major fixture congestion, not only for Celtic and Rangers, but for several other clubs,"

Would that include playing one on a Saturday and one on a Sunday?

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is there anything this joke of an FA does well?

**** ups apparently.

Craig Herbertson

Last night one of the commentators said something like but if Hearts got Murrayfield it would be like a home tie. They don't do irony do they. The simpler way to say it would be Celtic or Rangers would have to leave their hometown for a change. This is a badly thought out decision which benefits only  Celtic and Rangers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

There’s supporting your club. 

And theres rolling over over and getting your tits tickled .......

And you can reasonably argue this is not supporting your club indeed quite the opposite 

Think this will go very, very badly.

I can see our game called off for crowd trouble and the like in Glasgow pre-match. Nuts. Absolutely nuts.

William H. Bonney
6 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Time to wheel out the ace card, even they hate the place..........

I've just agreed with Scott Brown. I hate you for putting that video up. 

Ministry of Football
1 minute ago, Riccarton3 said:

mostly hibs trolls with  no other interest in the competition.....

Let's just wait and see shall we. 

Supporters seem pretty livid with this, so what the club says over it will be important. 

brunoatemyhamster
14 minutes ago, jambo1975 said:

Here's an idea. Hearts and Aberdeen withdraw from the league cup. We then arrange an unsanctioned game on the Saturday between the 2 teams at murryfield with a 3 pm kick off. Charge £20 a ticket fill it with 560000, get a trophy made and call it the "Peoples cup final" 

9 minutes ago, graygo said:

Murrayfield isn't big enough for that many.

" Did you enjoy the game darling "

"Aye , i went for a piss and missed the start of the Hibs game on wednesday"

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, magicTs said:

Still nothing from either Hearts nor Aberdeen on any social media or either official website. Surely has to be something in that........

Definitely. Neither of us thought of this outcome a week ago  :)

2 minutes ago, JamboX2 said:

Think this will go very, very badly.

I can see our game called off for crowd trouble and the like in Glasgow pre-match. Nuts. Absolutely nuts.

Hearts fans will arrive in Glasgow for some pre-match drinks, with the pubs still full of celebrating Aberdeen/Rangers fans. What can go wrong?

25 minutes ago, RobNox said:

It must have been agreed within the last 5 years as it wasn't in place when we played ICT at Easter Road

Not when Hibs played

St Johnstone at Tynecastle either even more recently. 

It's not just bullshit it's a lie.

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Again folk just bursting to blame the club or Budge. The club did not ask for this and will have been told it’s happening. 

Absolutely spot on. 

Thank you for putting it so eloquently rather than abusing people like I did. 

:lol: 

Rudiscoresagain

Sorry haven't read full thread. Surely the answer is to move the cup games back a weekend. Won't inconvenience anyone. League fixtures on wed 31st & cup games on 3rd & 4th

57 minutes ago, steven_mck said:

Maybe SFA felt that it would be a bit of a home advantage for Hearts at Murrayfield.

So tell me when Celtic were having park head done up and they spent a whole season at Hampden did the semis or final get moved because of an unfair advantage. Nah didn't think so. 

I’m really pissed off with this decision. A few of us were thinking of coming down on the Saturday, night out, semi final Sunday afternoon and Sunday evening flight back to Stornoway. I’ve no holidays left to take so can’t go now. BOOOOO

14 minutes ago, Jamie86 said:

You were saying! ??

You kind of hope there is carnage with the sheep and Celtic or something like that.  People will have to be vigilant that’s for sure. 

Bridge of Djoum
1 hour ago, LewisR5-1 said:

I’ll certianly not be boycotting watching the famous get to the league cup final. Ffs

Aye, you've said. Turn it in.

3 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

" Did you enjoy the game darling "

"Aye , i went for a piss and missed the start of the Hibs game on wednesday"

??????

So if Hibs has beaten Aberdeen it would of been Hibs v Sevco at 12.45 then Us v Celtic at 7.45 ?

because they are contractually obliged ?????

bullshit. 

No way would they of had that scenario.

lying swines

28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Apologies for bringing FOH and fan ownership into this.

Once FOH assumes the majority shareholding, I am happy for the club to be allowed to conduct its day to day operations without interference. However this is the sort of situation where I would expect the club to reflect the interests of what will be its major shareholder, i.e. the fans.

I expect that Hearts will end up putting out a statement saying they tried their best, but that it was the only practical solution.

That's not good enough IMHO.  The club should be coming out with a clear statement that they do not agree with the decision made and put it on record that Hearts and Aberdeen request that their supporters interests are given priority in the next scheduling conflict.

Agree with you. No need for your last sentence. It's simple both us and Aberdeen quite rightly say. We are not playing on the day stated at the times stated. Therefore no games on BT Sport and Dung caster can rethink it.

5 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Hearts fans will arrive in Glasgow for some pre-match drinks, with the pubs still full of celebrating Aberdeen/Rangers fans. What can go wrong?

This x 100

This will put families off going for a start.

pissed up Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic and hearts fans ?  Police Scotland are just as incompetent by agreeing to this. Absolutely ridiculous 

Edited by 1971fozzy

2 minutes ago, eck1874 said:

So tell me when Celtic were having park head done up and they spent a whole season at Hampden did the semis or final get moved because of an unfair advantage. Nah didn't think so. 

Totally different scenario, they are Celtic, we aren’t. To compare the 2 is just wrong.

12 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

i think this statement from ian blair spfl secretary says it all

"Any alternative had the knock-on effect of causing major fixture congestion, not only for Celtic and Rangers, but for several other clubs,"

Exactly. Only two clubs named. Why? Because everything is done for their benefit. Total disgrace and total farce. It is really time to stand up and say. It's not happening.

pettigrewsstylist

Well thats the end then of my SF trip. This countries football authorities really need purged and just start again by advertising down the jobcentre. They are pathetic. 3 more empty seats available

Edited by pettigrewsstylist

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

And you can reasonably argue this is not supporting your club indeed quite the opposite 

There comes a point in ones life, where one says, enough is enough. That’s what Chris Eubank told me ?

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Exactly. Only two clubs named. Why? Because everything is done for their benefit. Total disgrace and total farce. It is really time to stand up and say. It's not happening.

They're not even trying to hide the fact that everything is about Celtic and Rangers. It's ingrained.

Edited by Guest

A Shoreditch Heart
5 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

So if Hibs has beaten Aberdeen it would of been Hibs v Sevco at 12.45 then Us v Celtic at 7.45 ?

because they are contractually obliged ?????

bullshit. 

No way would they of had that scenario.

lying swines

yeah - exactly - it's a farce !

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Agree with you. No need for your last sentence. It's simple both us and Aberdeen quite rightly say. We are not playing on the day stated at the times stated. Therefore no games on BT Sport and Dung caster can rethink it.

I wouldn't want the club to be sanctioned for not playing a game, possibly to the extent of being banned from next season's competition.

The failure of Aberdeen or Hearts to acknowledge the scheduling of the ties as yet is notable in itself. Perhaps both clubs have been inundated with complaints since the announcement and are considering their options.

portobellojambo1

42478949_707652822932257_659461810053919

Werder Bremen fans expressed their opinion recently about their thoughts on the control TV now has over football.

The club have had ample time to make a statement about this fiasco.

I'm beginning to think the Budge haters have been proved correct.

I hope not I hope she has a response lined up.

6 minutes ago, Doomgoose said:

What's the deal with tickets?

You’ll get as many as you want ! 

Think both clubs have to agree a pricing policy , but actually not sure for semi and finals 

1 minute ago, tynietigers said:

Hearts will be putting out a statement in the next hour ??

blurb blurb blurb... We had no choice ...blurb blurb blurb... The decision was out of our hands... blurb blurb blurb... Contractual obligations... blurb blur blurb... As a sop to our fans, we will be laying on buses...

Or dare I dream that we're not taking this lying down?

14 minutes ago, Ministry of Football said:

Let's just wait and see shall we. 

Supporters seem pretty livid with this, so what the club says over it will be important. 

The club should be listening to the supporters,  & make any statement based on that.

Shanks said no
2 hours ago, jbee647 said:

If Hearts and Aberdeen has the balls they would tell the authorities to forget it and forfeit the semi finals, they only want an old firm final, just give it to them

This has merit

sorry but did AB agree to this as all 4 clubs were consulted?

pettigrewsstylist

This will never change until it is forced to the point they are as appalled as we are. Im seriously thinking i would support club in saying ram it celtic get bye. Sounds crazy but what is left in the arsenal against these morally bereft clowns? They have no shame and rely on us all being lapdugs looking for scraps. They have seriously forgotten why the game exists

9 minutes ago, Doomgoose said:

What's the deal with tickets?

I ken, the kick off has been confirmed for a couple of hours now. Ridiculous that details haven't been released.

(sarcasm)