Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John mcCartney

There was a fair bit of sun at the last two games altho it doesnt reach a massive area of the actual pitch as
the sun is so flat on the horizon at this time of the year.
What could help I reckon would be to re do the roofing panels on the Gorgie Road end with clear, UV allowing
material to reach the grass.
Its no good this lack of light, sun on the pitch.

Just now, John mcCartney said:

There was a fair bit of sun at the last two games altho it doesnt reach a massive area of the actual pitch as
What could help I reckon would be to re do the roofing panels on the Gorgie Road end with clear, UV allowing

Can they not get some big mirrors to put out at the back of the Roseburn to ping the sunlight back on to the pitch?

John mcCartney

along the top edge,the truss.
Yeah why not chief........at that location,would still keep out of the reach of vermin.

4 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

along the top edge,the truss.
Yeah why not chief........at that location,would still keep out of the reach of vermin.

We own 6 lighting rigs so no need for mirrors ect. As has already been said by numerous people on this thread something has gone badly wrong of which the club are not willing to share. Google our Scottish Cup Tie v Livingston January 20th this year and you will see the pitch was absolutely immaculate. Hopefully it will be in a better state in a few weeks. 

Voiceofreasonfortheseason
On 25/12/2019 at 12:29, Jambof3tornado said:

It will grow as it grows. Dependent on sunlight etc. Could really do with a few weeks of nobody on it so pretty sure Grant and co are happy the break is coming up.

After yesterday I think that pitch is hampering us more than the opposition, under Levein I would have been happy for a leveller but not now we want to play quick attacking football. Bobbles and bounces wont help us.

4 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

We own 6 lighting rigs so no need for mirrors ect. As has already been said by numerous people on this thread something has gone badly wrong of which the club are not willing to share. Google our Scottish Cup Tie v Livingston January 20th this year and you will see the pitch was absolutely immaculate. Hopefully it will be in a better state in a few weeks. 

Screenshot_20191230-182506_YouTube.thumb.jpg.5a606b0636c33dee39acf6242415640e.jpg

I do agree it looked marginally better BUT the whole point of the "hybrid" was establishing stronger, deeper roots that made the surface grass more resilient to use. Down in front of us in Sec S there were a number of times you could see skid marks (I know 🙂 ) where there were tackles taking out any surface grass and jus leaving bare mud again. That simply doesn't seem to happen with equivalent EPL hydrid pitches.

2 minutes ago, RobboM said:

I do agree it looked marginally better BUT the whole point of the "hybrid" was establishing stronger, deeper roots that made the surface grass more resilient to use. Down in front of us in Sec S there were a number of times you could see skid marks (I know 🙂 ) where there were tackles taking out any surface grass and jus leaving bare mud again. That simply doesn't seem to happen with equivalent EPL hydrid pitches.

Our current pitch does not resemble a Hybrid but it did last winter. 

pettigrewsstylist

The pitch is in expensive klip. Does anyone know the clubs latest on it? Apologies if ive missed something. Was it discussed at AGM?

1 minute ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

The pitch is in expensive klip. Does anyone know the clubs latest on it? Apologies if ive missed something. Was it discussed at AGM?

The club have said hee haw about the condition of it which suggests to me its an internal balls up. 

2 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

Have to say the Celtic pitch didn’t look all that much better than ours. It’s a hybrid too is it not? 

Look at the previous page you will see this was discussed yesterday. 

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, tazhearts said:

I was on the stadium tour this afternoon (which is excellent).  The tour told us the entire pitch was reseeded yesterday and they are hoping it will get a chance to take hold over the break.  They had 4 lamps on the go as well.

Reseeded again? I thought the groundstaff chap said a couple of weeks ago  the last reseeding had taken well.

1 hour ago, Jeff said:

Played alright yesterday although some of the Aberdeen boys were falling about like it wasn't

😂😂😂

yeah that explains why the aberdeen players were all falling down for no apparent reason.................

Francis Albert
44 minutes ago, John mcCartney said:

Most epl grounds have higher stands than ours and won't get any more sunlight on the pitch than we do at this time of year.

Anyway we have already spent the stadium redevelopment budget twice over!

12 minutes ago, Brave Hearts said:

😂😂😂

yeah that explains why the aberdeen players were all falling down for no apparent reason.................

Hopefully you sensed my tongue in cheek :P

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

How much does reseeding cost and why is it at the stage that it needs this done?

hee haw and because there is a clear shortage of grass 

Walter Bishop
46 minutes ago, parker said:

We could start by sacking that creepy former Hibs fan groundsman. 

🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Lies. 

48 minutes ago, parker said:

We could start by sacking that creepy former Hibs fan groundsman. 

Which one of Budge’s relatives is he?

6 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

How much does reseeding cost and why is it at the stage that it needs this done?

Overseeding is literally just throwing more seed everywhere to fill in patches. If they started after the game yesterday, germination by around 7th Jan? Then 1.5 weeks of growth until the Airdrie game. Don't know what type of grass they're using but winter seeds will grow in lower temps.

I don't think it'll improve much until end of March if previous seasons where the pitch was in this state show.

1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

The club have said hee haw about the condition of it which suggests to me its an internal balls up. 

Someone would have to ask the question first....

Or the correct one to get an answer they were looking for.

Edited by DETTY29

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Someone would have to ask the question first....

Or the correct one to get an answer they were looking for.

I believe the question was raised at the AGM but a sit on the fence answer was given. 

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Voiceofreasonfortheseason said:

After yesterday I think that pitch is hampering us more than the opposition, under Levein I would have been happy for a leveller but not now we want to play quick attacking football. Bobbles and bounces wont help us.

True, especially didnt hamper aberdeens hoofball tactics?

Re/Over-Seeding in winter isnay gonne work. In addition throwing seed down just won’t work either. I imagine the top layer will be ripped up and replaced at end of the season. 

I saw Craig Levein talking to the head groundsman about 6 weeks ago.    Pitch has gone down the shitter since then.    Might mean **** all but.

8 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Re/Over-Seeding in winter isnay gonne work. In addition throwing seed down just won’t work either. I imagine the top layer will be ripped up and replaced at end of the season. 

Winter seed. 😎

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Victorian said:

I saw Craig Levein talking to the head groundsman about 6 weeks ago.    Pitch has gone down the shitter since then.    Might mean **** all but.

Heard Levein signed the pitch on McPhee's recommendation. McPhee stumbled upon it when away with NI and watched a couple of videos on "Pitch Finder" in his bedsit. Budge signed off without even stepping on it. We've got it for at least 4 years too. Farcical.

2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

I believe the question was raised at the AGM but a sit on the fence answer was given. 

They stonewalled

3 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Not true. Lots of info re it at agm. Long and short is that low temp over-seeding been carried out and expect it to recover by end January. 

2 hours ago, kila said:

Overseeding is literally just throwing more seed everywhere to fill in patches. If they started after the game yesterday, germination by around 7th Jan? Then 1.5 weeks of growth until the Airdrie game. Don't know what type of grass they're using but winter seeds will grow in lower temps.

I don't think it'll improve much until end of March if previous seasons where the pitch was in this state show.

Happened on 5th December, expect visible results by end of January. As per our owner at agm. 

4 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Have to say the Celtic pitch didn’t look all that much better than ours. It’s a hybrid too is it not? 

Same as us I think. Yesterday after the old firm, the grounds team spent about an hour re seeding the full park. I asked one of the boys in the players lounge why and he said the pitch is a shambles and they’ve had major issues with it. 

Edited by busby1985

WheatfieldWarrior
6 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Heard Levein signed the pitch on McPhee's recommendation. McPhee stumbled upon it when away with NI and watched a couple of videos on "Pitch Finder" in his bedsit. Budge signed off without even stepping on it. We've got it for at least 4 years too. Farcical.

So even the pitch is now injured.  :(

10 hours ago, busby1985 said:

Same as us I think. Yesterday after the old firm, the grounds team spent about an hour re seeding the full park. I asked one of the boys in the players lounge why and he said the pitch is a shambles and they’ve had major issues with it. 

Very interesting, if it’s the same supplier surely they have to sort it, if multiple clients have similar issues.

Just now, HMFC86 said:

Very interesting, if it’s the same supplier surely they have to sort it, if multiple clients have similar issues.

Yeah not sure if it’s the same supplier etc but it looks like they have a similar problem to us. Something that the players and that aren’t happy about. You could see baldy patches in the corners where most of the more vigorous warm ups took place. 4 boys spent about an hour after the match re seeding the full park. 

10 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

The groundsman isn’t a Hibs fan fs :laugh: 

Nor is he related to Ann Budge. 

That is a shame, as it would've been another twist in the tale and given us another 10 pages of entertainment

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not true. Lots of info re it at agm. Long and short is that low temp over-seeding been carried out and expect it to recover by end January. 

One of you is telling the truth and the other one is not 

12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Happened on 5th December, expect visible results by end of January. As per our owner at agm. 

I'd hope they would've done it again after the Aberdeen game, is there any reason not to overseed the overseed? 

Edited by kila

been here before
13 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

They stonewalled

13 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not true. 

Eh? What???

Thomaso slavering again!?

Cannae be- he's the self appointed JKB expert on everything.

Edited by been here before

Seymour M Hersh
14 hours ago, Victorian said:

Now we're getting closer to the answer. Levein has taken the opportunity to piss all over the pitch in retribution at getting the Spanish Archer. 

40 minutes ago, been here before said:

Eh? What???

Thomaso slavering again!?

Cannae be- he's the self appointed JKB expert on everything.

from my self appointed stalker! 😂