Hybrid Pitch

kila

21 hours ago, mitch41 said:

I’d like a full report from independent consultants on the drainage, under soil heating, aggregate/sand/soil, sprinkler system, hybrid pitch and information regarding who is responsible for maintaining the pitch / guarantee.

I'll do it on sunday when i'm there for the plot ceremony 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Boab said:

I miss the old mud baths.

Easy to tell who was shirking. Clean shorts, non-trier !

Careful what you wish for! 😳

On 09/05/2018 at 23:02, kila said:

Work already underway

DcyXv4vWkAMnxyG.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.a4403c6d390149a29e9102211a0b6050.jpeg

Look at the quality of the pitch we dug up! 😖

17 minutes ago, Ribble said:

I'll do it on sunday when i'm there for the plot ceremony 

Good lad, davemclaren will I’m sure take care of any expenses you have.

Are you still ok with that Dave ?

3 hours ago, mitch41 said:

Can I ? So I just go to Tynecastle and say davemclaren gave me permission to arrange a full independent report into the new pitch installation and it’s guarantee. I have a company here with permission to go over all the details from start to now of the newly installed hybrid pitch. 

👍👍😎

Anyway, photos from earlier today. I was told that the 2 groundsmen are concerned that Stendel insists on the players training on the pitch during the week. 🤷🏼‍♂️

8D9882EE-ACBD-4A17-B45C-2CB47A2F6A83.jpeg

D8E8B971-AD0A-4B89-A7E8-7065914397B0.jpeg

FE9937B7-F7FF-494D-9670-0976CBB757A4.jpeg

97A951FB-A71D-43E3-BF04-CBD58DA1E7C9.jpeg

838EACD2-4B99-4EAC-9B4F-3D19CF3B0B46.jpeg

4ED36876-77A7-4FF7-8B2A-3CF93688D3E0.jpeg

D0D84CEC-E8B1-4AF6-BBCD-3001C5C042D1.jpeg

ACD0E002-3996-4DEB-A52D-3D64021A4B52.jpeg

Nicholas Brody
21 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Anyway, photos from earlier today. I was told that the 2 groundsmen are concerned that Stendel insists on the players training on the pitch during the week. 🤷🏼‍♂️

£1,000,000 pitch but you can only use it once a week.

🤣

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Does it look worse ?

Doesn't look any better, that's for sure. Something is wrong somewhere, needs looked into and action taken. 

33 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

what are you talking about? Is it Stendel’s fault the pitch is goosed?

Levein had them on the pitch once or twice a week when he was in charge? Were the ground staff concerned then?

Edited by Groot

32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Can bin them anaw.

We need solutions not problems!!!!

Also, didn't we spend like £1m on that? For that I'm expecting to be able to live on the ****ing thing. 

34 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Wow. It actually looks worse/ more widely affected. 2nd and 3rd pics in particular. 

13 minutes ago, Nicholas Brody said:

£1,000,000 pitch but you can only use it once a week.

🤣

Once a fortnight most of the season you’d think. 

1 minute ago, Groot said:

what are you talking about? Is it Stendel’s fault the pitch is goosed?

Levein had them on the pitch once or twice a week when he was in charge? Were the ground staff concerned then?

The pitch didn’t look great before Stendel arrived so I imagine not. I’ve no idea if Levein did or not though the implication was he did it less.

Personally I think it’s a good idea to do some training on the pitch otherwise it is little better than an away game on matchday. 

Not much improvement in two weeks but hopefully another week may show  slight improvement. Very disappointing that the club invested heavily in this project and that its in this condition. I would imagine there will be major remedial works carried out in the Summer. 

8 minutes ago, Dinger said:

those groundsmen need sacked

One of them posts on this topic now and again.  It will be interesting to see if he replies to your claim. 

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

One of them posts on this topic now and again.  It will be interesting to see if he replies to your claim. 

I’m not claiming anything. I’m repeating what I was told by a non-groundsman. 😎

this is what is under the grass apparently. 

9BF4A071-2469-441E-82A3-00CD45912584.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

hope he does. because to take a million pound state of the art pitch, with brand new drainage and sprinkler system and a high end monitoring system and ruin it after only a year, from the outside it screams major incompetence. 

14 minutes ago, Dinger said:

those groundsmen need sacked

Do they aye? Maybe we should sack you from your job then. Sack them because budge decided to have a concert on it and the previous manager trained on it more than once a week. City only use the pitch on match days like most clubs do. Sure the grounds man are working their a** off to try and get pitch looking like it should. 

2 minutes ago, Dinger said:

hope he does. because to take a million pound state of the art pitch, with brand new drainage and sprinkler system and a high end monitoring system and ruin it after only a year, from the outside it screams major incompetence. 

Not the grounds man that have ruined it. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not claiming anything. I’m repeating what I was told by a non-groundsman. 😎

this is what is under the grass apparently. 

9BF4A071-2469-441E-82A3-00CD45912584.jpeg

How does the real grass root in that?

I think we should be able to go out on the pitch when conditions allow it and have a kick about but don't see the need to train on it regularly.  One of the pitches at oriam is surely the same dimensions as tynie. I do think it is cut very short for winter time but i am no expert.  I also don't think budge is to blame and don't think the concert caused it.  But again i am not a groundsman

7 minutes ago, Dinger said:

I really think that the Concert held in August has caused this issue. It like the soil has compacted and killed the roots of the grass. I may be wrong tho. 

1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

I really think that the Concert held in August has caused this issue. It like the soil has compacted and killed the roots of the grass. I may be wrong tho. 

dont think there is any soil? just sand

It's not the concert because only half of the pitch hosted the staging that was down for a couple of days or so.

Post from August:

On 10/08/2019 at 14:58, been here before said:

20190810_145720.jpg.88fd4bde8386f8f2e9b288a2ce119fdb.jpg

Edited by kila

11 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Thing is there appears to be no correlation between the areas the concert was focused on and what is wrong now.

At the start of the season it was one half crap, one ok, then ok for a few months then where we are now.  Areas of really poor and then patchy all iver but decent bits too.

Bazzas right boot

I sit near the corner we trainand warm up. 

You'd think you'd rotate the corner that players train at tbh. 

20+ folk Litterally stamping about the same part of grass every time can't be good, the pitch is knackered before ko. 

The goals and keeper go there too. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 minute ago, DETTY29 said:

Thing is there appears to be no correlation between the areas the concert was focused on and what is wrong now.

At the start of the season it was one half crap, one ok, then ok for a few months then where we are now.  Areas of really poor and then patchy all iver but decent bits too.

I guess we will never know the root cause as no one from the club is saying a thing. As I've already said I think major works will be required in the Summer. 

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I sir near the corner we train and warm up. 

You'd think you'd rotae the corner that players train at tbh. 

20+ folk Litterally stamping about the same part of grass every time can't be good, the pitch is knackered before ko. 

The goals and keeper go there too. 

Spot on I always wondered why they continue to do this. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Boris5115 said:

Spot on I always wondered why they continue to do this. 

Just seems sensible to rotate it. 

That side takes a battering for 30 minutes before ever game. 

6 home games in December? 

Jambof3tornado
38 minutes ago, Dinger said:

Not from the groundsmen.

Decision on aspects of its maintenance were made higher up so those working on the pitch daily were limited in what they could do.

Jambof3tornado
9 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I guess we will never know the root cause as no one from the club is saying a thing. As I've already said I think major works will be required in the Summer. 

Not major but significant work needs carried out every summer to ensure it doesnt end up in the same state again.

Jambof3tornado
33 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

You are sort of wrong.

The concert caused a problem but only in that it prevented certain maintenance from taking place.

We wont make the same mistake again.

Edited by Jambof3tornado

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Can we make a cup of tea?

Senior appointment required for football medicine and now seemingly grass

18 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

very good.😁

15 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Not from the groundsmen.

Decision on aspects of its maintenance were made higher up so those working on the pitch daily were limited in what they could do.

Dont tell us that was CL as well 😋

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

The pitch didn’t look great before Stendel arrived so I imagine not. I’ve no idea if Levein did or not though the implication was he did it less.

Personally I think it’s a good idea to do some training on the pitch otherwise it is little better than an away game on matchday. 

Not sure I understand that. Most of our opponents play on the pitch no more than twice a year. We play on it 20 to 25 times. Jogging around on it betweem games isn't what gives home advantage.

With our state of the art facilities at Riccarton I don't see any need for the players to go near Tynie except on match days.

Adam_the_legend
19 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

You are sort of wrong.

The concert caused a problem but only in that it prevented certain maintenance from taking place.

We wont make the same mistake again.

Yes we will 😟

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Who is blaming Stendel? The pitch was in a state before he came. 

Are you sure you didnt walk over it in stilettos when you took those pictures? 😂