• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Oh, but they are.

I know for a fact that Stendel hasn't had the players on the park since Aberdeen.

I know for a fact that the groundsmen aren't upset with him.

I know for a fact that Levein had them on the park before every game.

I know for a fact that they were using the pitch far more under the previous manager than the current one.

If you're disagreeing with any of those statements, you're lying. Go on. Tell me I'm wrong.

I’ve no idea if you are right or wrong. Equally,  I do know what I was told and I’ve no idea if that is right or wrong either. I imagine only the groundsmen know if they are concerned with how the pitch is being used, or not, and if they have more concerns with Levein or Stendel’s use of it.  

Disgrace of a football pitch. **** me, Budge, as another poster has previously said you really do know how to piss our money away. I’d assume and hope she has been on the blower to this cowboy company who sorted it for us. 1 million quid on a tattie field man.

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ve no idea if you are right or wrong. Equally,  I do know what I was told and I’ve no idea if that is right or wrong either. I imagine only the groundsmen know if they are concerned with how the pitch is being used, or not, and if they have more concerns with Levein or Stendel’s use of it.  

I'm telling you that your information is wrong. You've heard from a non-groundsman apparently. So someone who has **** all to do with the upkeep of the pitch, yet you're happy to spread bullshit about the relationship between the manager and the ground staff? I can tell you now that my source is more reliable than yours on this matter. Unless your source is Daniel Stendel.

A real man would hold his hands up and admit that he was maybe wrong with his assertions, not fight tooth and nail to save face. Desperate.

I'm telling you that your information is wrong. You've heard from a non-groundsman apparently. So someone who has **** all to do with the upkeep of the pitch, yet you're happy to spread bullshit about the relationship between the manager and the ground staff? I can tell you now that my source is more reliable than yours on this matter. Unless your source is Daniel Stendel.

A real man would hold his hands up and admit that he was maybe wrong with his assertions, not fight tooth and nail to save face. Desperate.

When did I say that I knew it to be fact? 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

When did I say that I knew it to be fact? 

Whether you claimed it was fact or not, you found the information important enough to stick up on here, knowing the kind of reaction it would garner. Then when told that it was wrong, instead of holding your hands up and admitting the information was wrong, you've just dug your heels in and fought to save face.

Honestly Dave, grow up.

Ricardo Shillyshally
12 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

W.T.F..

Whoever is responsible for that needs named.

They were sacked. It was mentioned on the stadium tour I was on

gorgie rd eh11
Just now, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

They were sacked. It was mentioned on the stadium tour I was on

I think we need to know their name. **** using a*******s like that.

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Whether you claimed it was fact or not, you found the information important enough to stick up on here, knowing the kind of reaction it would garner. Then when told that it was wrong, instead of holding your hands up and admitting the information was wrong, you've just dug your heels in and fought to save face.

Honestly Dave, grow up.

In your mind perhaps. 😄

The only reaction has been from those that think I was trying to blame the state of the pitch on Stendel  ( which is nonsense ) or I was fed the information to post on here as some sort of conspiracy from within the club. 🙄

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

In your mind perhaps. 😄

The only reaction has been from those that think I was trying to blame the state of the pitch on Stendel  ( which is nonsense ) or I was fed the information to post on here as some sort of conspiracy from within the club. 🙄

If you're not pushing an agenda here, then you won't have any issue in saying your information was actually incorrect.

:) 

If you're not pushing an agenda here, then you won't have any issue in saying your information was actually incorrect.

:) 

If I knew it was incorrect then I would, but I don’t. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

If I knew it was incorrect then I would, but I don’t. 

Just as I suspected, the thought of losing face on your website is too much for you to handle. 

Just as I suspected, the thought of losing face on your website is too much for you to handle. 

Yes, I’m broken. 

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, troonmaroon said:

Was it recently or at the time of the original build? Sounds malicious...!? 

So is the brown staining expected to lighten? I saw mention that it's drying...? 

No one in their right senses would mix cement on that surface unless it was malicious. Unbelievable.

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

W.T.F..

Whoever is responsible for that needs named.

And shamed. There is no way in the world can that be accidental. 

We should have just moved to Murrayfield when we had the chance. 

The pitch is *amazing*. 

sidjamesbottle
1 hour ago, Sarah O said:

We should have just moved to Murrayfield when we had the chance. 

The pitch is *amazing*. 

Change the record

8 hours ago, Juan Rom?n Riquelme said:

Take the occasional training session at the stadium.

Yeah you are right occasional but not every week regardless of the weather.  Since pep went to city he’s trained 4 times at the stadium. Since liverpool have had there new pitch 3 years ago they haven’t trained once. Hibs Motherwell rangers don’t train at the stadium ever. 
Training is very damaging as they can be in the same area for 15/20 minutes then they want to put in 40 corners from each side making the area weaker each time then 5 or 6 all want to take about 10 pens each. Not bad for occasional training. 

Just now, 18grantmc74 said:

Yeah you are right occasional but not every week regardless of the weather.  Since pep went to city he’s trained 4 times at the stadium. Since liverpool have had there new pitch 3 years ago they haven’t trained once. Hibs Motherwell rangers don’t train at the stadium ever. 
Training is very damaging as they can be in the same area for 15/20 minutes then they want to put in 40 corners from each side making the area weaker each time then 5 or 6 all want to take about 10 pens each. Not bad for occasional training. 

Did Hearts train that frequently on it a year ago?

1 minute ago, 18grantmc74 said:

What's your thoughts on loads of kids playing on pitch every half time? With the current state of it, it seems unnecessary extra use to me. Maybe that's a bit mean to the kids actually 🤣

1 minute ago, stotty said:

What's your thoughts on loads of kids playing on pitch every half time? With the current state of it, it seems unnecessary extra use to me. Maybe that's a bit mean to the kids actually 🤣

I see where you are coming from. I noticed at jobs they put them in the corner there no more than 20 playing but then I also think it’s a once in a lifetime some or most will every get to do it. They coaches help us out a lot also so I don’t mind to much 

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

it’s clear the pitch was in poor condition before Stendel was appointed so he cannot be responsible for it  but maybe in order to give it a chance to heal someone has to make the call. - no more training on it for a couple of months !! In my job I have to tell my boss no all the time regardless of the consequences.. 

Separately - his is an innocent amateur grass growers observation - I have to say that every time I see it my initial reaction is that it incredibly short, clearly you no more about the subject than me but in comparison to other pitches across the SPL it seems short, and I’ve been down to Newcastle a few time’s and it seems shorter than St James.. maybe it’s just perception because it’s sparse.. in winter is it not best practice to cut it less often and leave it a bit longer so the blade can collect light?

cheers

29 minutes ago, The Roller said:

A builder mixed cement on the hearts badge from the old stand?

Incredible.

🤦‍♂️

Again, I can’t confirm that as fact but another member heard the same thing and something has clearly happened. The ultimate plans for where the mosaic is sound good as there is one of the old stand turnstiles there as well. 

Francis Albert
9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t know to be honest. i got the impression it was relatively recently and there was no mention of any malicious intent. Just typical builders I assumed. 

Seems hard to believe it was accidental and an insult to builders to suggest "just typical biuilders" . But wouldn't you (the club I mean) anyway put some protective cover on it if building work was going on in its vicinity? It is for our "heritage" display room after all.

Edited by Francis Albert

9 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Disgrace of a football pitch. **** me, Budge, as another poster has previously said you really do know how to piss our money away. I’d assume and hope she has been on the blower to this cowboy company who sorted it for us. 1 million quid on a tattie field man.

Hibs

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Seems hard to believe it was accidental and an insult to builders to suggest "just typical biuilders" . But wouldn't you (the club I mean) anyway put some protective cover on it if building work was going on in its vicinity?

You must get better builders than me. 😎. I think there was a cover on it when the stand was actually being built iirc so you would have thought that would be a good idea. It is apparently the only part of the old stand that was listed. Maybe it should have a permanent protective glass/plastic cover now. 

10 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Today. 

64DBB498-4D40-425A-93AB-82AAED48C2DC.jpeg

that aint no accident.

also does anyone know why the left side doesn't go in a straight line

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

I would imagine that it will clean up. 

IMG_1756.JPG

what the actual ****.. no way that wasn’t deliberate.. we should have someone’s job for that

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Again, I can’t confirm that as fact but another member heard the same thing and something has clearly happened. The ultimate plans for where the mosaic is sound good as there is one of the old stand turnstiles there as well. 

We should ship it down to they guys on the repair shop. Will be ship shape in no time.

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

what the actual ****.. no way that wasn’t deliberate.. we should have someone’s job for that

I was on the stadium tour in October and the guide was telling us about this. If this is a recent picture then it looks exactly as it did back then. Does this mean its ruined. 

Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

I was on the stadium tour in October and the guide was telling us about this. If this is a recent picture then it looks exactly as it did back then. Does this mean its ruined. 

Correct. It happened a while ago and they were removed from the job. I heard it was an honest mistake but I wasn't there so can't confirm. It's mentioned during tours.

2 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Correct. It happened a while ago and they were removed from the job. I heard it was an honest mistake but I wasn't there so can't confirm. It's mentioned during tours.

Sabotage comes to mind. 

21 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Dave, you're  correct the badge had a steel plate placed over it to protect it during construction. 

Thanks. That’s what I thought. 

Not even the dumbest of dumb labourers half-cut from the night before would think of mixing cement on a surface like that!  Unbelievable!  And definitely malicious,  acyually a pretty ******* thing to do, irrespective of your footballing persuasion. 

Francis Albert
33 minutes ago, Dougie Masterton said:

Dave, you're  correct the badge had a steel plate placed over it to protect it during construction. 

But they removed it while building work continued? And whether accidental or deliberate the most valuable bit of the old stand retained is allowed to have cement mixed on it! Will be accused of being Hibs but in a way symbolises for me the incompetence of much of the running of the club. On and off the pitch

I suppose the good news is that Roman mosaics two thousand years old can be restored so it should be recoverable. At some cost.

jambos are go!

When I look at the recent posts it reminds of why I am much less active on this board than I used to be. Having the last word and not backing down triumphs over any informed exchange of views. 

Can I offer an opinion and stress that it is only an opinion based on my thoughts alone. My opinion is that there is residual and persistent rancour against the Budge regime stemming from the FOH buyout from Romanov. Some of those involved either think they did not get enough credit or don't think Budge deserves the adulation she generally gets. These informed doubters are the source  of much of the negativity being posted on business management  of our club even though they may not post it openly but use others as  mouthpieces. 

There are in addition the usual torn faced disasters who love the sound of their complaining voices.

2 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

When I look at the recent posts it reminds of why I am much less active on this board than I used to be. Having the last word and not backing down triumphs over any informed exchange of views. 

Can I offer an opinion and stress that it is only an opinion based on my thoughts alone. My opinion is that there is residual and persistent rancour against the Budge regime stemming from the FOH buyout from Romanov. Some of those involved either think they did not get enough credit or don't think Budge deserves the adulation she generally gets. These informed doubters are the source  of much of the negativity being posted on business management  of our club even though they may not post it openly but use others as  mouthpieces. 

There are in addition the usual torn faced disasters who love the sound of their complaining voices.

👍

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

But they removed it while building work continued? And whether accidental or deliberate the most valuable bit of the old stand retained is allowed to have cement mixed on it! Will be accused of being Hibs but in a way symbolises for me the incompetence of much of the running of the club. On and off the pitch

I suppose the good news is that Roman mosaics two thousand years old can be restored so it should be recoverable. At some cost.

We did the tour just after Christmas and were told that there was protection and tarpaulin over it. I’m sure they said it was plasterers and not builders that did it. They were dismissed and did a temporary cleanup. They have to return and do a proper clean.

Those responsible would have to be dumb beyond belief if it was not done with malicious intent.

Francis Albert
25 minutes ago, jambos are go! said:

It's a conspiracy!!!

Using others as mouthpieces!

Informed doubters!

Wow.