Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Tbf , I think if you changed disgruntled poster to annoying troll then there would prob be a queue of posters with pitchforks to chase Thomaso so they can read one thread without him arguing anything negative. At least i8 is insignificant , Thomaso used to be a poster worth reading....

Seems to be he totally changed once he finished his job on the glass facade. Got his coin from the club so he can now happily slag off everything.

13 hours ago, Prof said:

The club must know what the issue is. The most worrying visual aspect, albeit from the stands, is ground compaction seems to be a major issue. Ground compaction shows itself up as poor drainage, reduced grass growth and limited germination. Having now looked at the photos of the concert at Tynecastle, it’s fairly obvious that the concert resulted in the ground compaction, which is the cause of all the damage. Frankly I cannot think of any situation that would permit large numbers of people onto a newly laid pitch.

The pitch was laid a year before the concert

all i will say is I’m unhappy as anyone about this pitch but it’s been out of our control. New seed has taken and will be back to its best very shortly. I don’t look to read that we should be sack and stuff we have hardly spent time with our family due to the hours we have put it. Have trust in us we will fix it. I’m saying no more 

1 minute ago, XB52 said:

The pitch was laid a year before the concert

No idea what the problem is but lots of grounds have concerts on them and don’t get long term damage to the pitch

so why would ours be more impacted?

Just now, davemclaren said:

No idea what the problem is but lots of grounds have concerts on them and don’t get long term damage to the pitch

so why would ours be more impacted?

Exactly, but our resident experts know better of course

4 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

all i will say is I’m unhappy as anyone about this pitch but it’s been out of our control. New seed has taken and will be back to its best very shortly. I don’t look to read that we should be sack and stuff we have hardly spent time with our family due to the hours we have put it. Have trust in us we will fix it. I’m saying no more 

It’s just the internet. Everything is black or white. I’ll drink a toast to you guys on xmas day while you’re forking the pitch. 🍺🎅🏼

I hope you are correct re the recovery. 👍

Francis Albert

For whatever reason the club does not want to give an explanation or reason for the state of the pitch. So I think Cruickie has maybe done Grant a favour by not responding to him.

I can't believe the club doesn't know more given the sophisticated monitoring and the duration of the problem. Two possibilities - the club has a claim against the contractors and doesn't want to prejudice that by a public statement. Or it  is all down to the club and it doesn't want to add to its public woes. A third could be "force majeure" in the form of an unidentifiable parasite but in that case an announcement that was the cause and (as presumably it would have to be before re-seeding) cured would end speculation so I'd rule that out.. 

Nothing about the club seems straightforward at present!

...a bit disco
6 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Good to hear.

Thanks for the info.

:thumbsup:

2 hours ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Cruickshank for Scotland I told you the other night give you your number which you declined I also said about me over on Wednesday but you weren’t at the game

Not sure what point you were trying to make by going public on a PM but fine by me.

Firstly I do not give out my private number on a fans forum to somebody I don’t know from Adam.

Secondly I told you I wasn’t going to the game on Wednesday, but if I was it was pretty impractical to “shout you over” in a crowd of 17,000 from my seat higher up in the Wheatfield - not to mention the fact I didn’t know who to shout over! I would also suggest you would be pretty busy trying to get the pitch issues sorted.

Now you have gone public you told me you wouldn’t go in writing on a PM with the real reason for the pitch deterioration as this would get you in trouble.

That was also fine by me, but it suggested the problem may not be down to your maintenance and the Club are keeping stume on the real reason.

As I have stated on here if the horrendous state of the pitch is not down to our Groundsmen you have my unreserved apology.

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

Where's Thomaso? 😂

Never known him to be so quiet.

👋🏽

56 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

So the resident moon howler was offered a chance to speak to one of the grounds men and declined? :laugh: What a detriment this boy is. 

You told me last night you had better things to do than sit and troll people on JKB - but here you are again.😂

I remember you came away with your “moon howler” crap when myself and others questioned where Levein was taking out Club - who is the moon howler now!  🤔

Pasquale for King
13 hours ago, Prof said:

The club must know what the issue is. The most worrying visual aspect, albeit from the stands, is ground compaction seems to be a major issue. Ground compaction shows itself up as poor drainage, reduced grass growth and limited germination. Having now looked at the photos of the concert at Tynecastle, it’s fairly obvious that the concert resulted in the ground compaction, which is the cause of all the damage. Frankly I cannot think of any situation that would permit large numbers of people onto a newly laid pitch.

You could see it if we had made millions off it but the profit was barely 6 figures, and do we want any other concerts if this is the result.

2 hours ago, RobboM said:

If compaction caused by the concert was the issue why would the grass have recovered after the concert but failed several months later? The grass coverage looked pretty good and back to last season in September/Oct iirc. NB genuine question not being argumentative 👍

Effect of compaction worsens in cold wet weather.  

Would be interesting to hear from experts about effect of compaction on the shallow sand based hybrid pitch.  Remedial mechanical techniques to reduce compaction would damage the plastic fibres?

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

Effect of compaction worsens in cold wet weather.  

Would be interesting to hear from experts about effect of compaction on the shallow sand based hybrid pitch.  Remedial mechanical techniques to reduce compaction would damage the plastic fibres?

Pitch is worse in areas not used at concert 

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You could see it if we had made millions off it but the profit was barely 6 figures, and do we want any other concerts if this is the result.

Where does the £100,000 profit figure come from? I thought it was given  free except for receipts from catering.

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

I thought there were seats on the bits of the pitch not used for the stage?

29 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Seems to be he totally changed once he finished his job on the glass facade. Got his coin from the club so he can now happily slag off everything.

Not true - I remained critical of Levein on here throughout the whole construction.

13 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

You told me last night you had better things to do than sit and troll people on JKB - but here you are again.😂

I remember you came away with your “moon howler” crap when myself and others questioned where Levein was taking out Club - who is the moon howler now!  🤔

I was calling or Levein to be sacked as long ago as the night we were pumped off Livingston. So, to answer your question, it's still you :) 

23 minutes ago, XB52 said:

Exactly, but our resident experts know better of course

Nobody knows on here (with the exception of the groundsman)  - hence the request for the Club to come clean on the reasons for the massive deterioration of our £1m pitch!

6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

The area behind the stage would have been travelled on?

If I remember rightly the turf sits on shallow earth on sand.  This isn't conducive with good grass root growth in other situations but obviously the hybrid idea is to compensate for this.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Nobody knows on here (with the exception of the groundsman)  - hence the request for the Club to come clean on the reasons for the massive deterioration of our £1m pitch!

Yet you were quick to shoot me down for passing on information I'd been given by a member of the ground staff. You are all over the place.

Pasquale for King
44 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Where does the £100,000 profit figure come from? I thought it was given  free except for receipts from catering.

I’m not sure to be honest, the tickets were free but I think we charged but the accounts from the AGM would say for sure.

1 hour ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Thanks for breaking the silence and the extra time put into fixing it.

So what is out of your control? And, because it is a theory being drummed out, does the grass get cut to the same length through out the season or does it get left to grow a little longer in winter?

More insight into what's different this year compared to a year ago would be good.

Adam_the_legend

Simply put, the reason given for investing so much money in a hybrid pitch was so it wouldn’t turn into a tattle field during winter. I agree with some on here that AB wasn’t being entirely clear with her answer at the AGM. Given all the hits she’s been taking recently it’s not unreasonable to assume she wouldn’t want to highlight another club **** up. 

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

Yet you were quick to shoot me down for passing on information I'd been given by a member of the ground staff. You are all over the place.

Too much rain I think you said - that doesn’t stack up considering we are meant to have a state of the art drainage system surely?

The Hogfather
7 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Too much rain I think you said - that doesn’t stack up considering we are meant to have a state of the art drainage system surely?

That's not even close to what I said :laugh: You just don't have a clue about what you're talking about in any sense.

28 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

That's not even close to what I said :laugh: You just don't have a clue about what you're talking about in any sense.

Can you picture the apoplexy if some random came in here and spouted for page after page about windows?

Edited by Justin Z

On 14/12/2019 at 19:33, Coco said:

It was a silly decision to spend so much money on a non-revenue generating area especially as there could have been 10 years of returfed pitch for the same money but a much better cash flow situation.

That they have made a mess of the job makes it even worse.

It wasn't silly at all. The last time we returfed the pitch, it cost about £100k and was in a poor state within about 2 or 3 months, because the substructure below the turf was in a horrendous state - some of the drainage had apparently collapsed in and the 'soil' had become so compacted over many years that it had turned almost like concrete, meaning that new turf couldn't grow proper roots and get any stability.

It could be legitimately argued that it might have been better to save some money by not going for the hybrid option, but the bulk of the work, including all the drainage, undersoil heating, subsoil renewal, etc, was absolutely essential. Without that, we'd have been returfing the pitch two or three times every season and still moaning about the state of it about 99% of the time.

20 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Can you picture the apoplexy if some random came in here and spouted for page after page about windows?

Happy to debate the glass facade at anytime. 👍

The Hogfather
22 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

I highly doubt he could be any more unbearable than he currently is.

Just now, Nunya Business said:

I highly doubt he could be any more unbearable than he currently is.

You're in for a treat then if you dare criticise his windows.

54 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Yes apologies it was someone else that put forward the wet weather suggestion.

You stated over-use which I doubted as hybrid pitches are designed for regular use - if that is the reason why did the Club not just state that at the AGM?

5 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

You're in for a treat then if you dare criticise his windows.

Bash on happy to debate any valid criticism.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Thanks, Grant.

Appreciate your efforts and taking the time to put your side across.

Don't let wallopers on the internet get to you.

They're probably alright folk in real life.

The Hogfather
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes apologies it was someone else that put forward the wet weather suggestion.

You stated over-use which I doubted as hybrid pitches are designed for regular use - if that is the reason why did the Club not just state that at the AGM?

You're best walking away from this thread. Between making things up and being abusive to other members, you're having an absolute nightmare.

2 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I was calling or Levein to be sacked as long ago as the night we were pumped off Livingston. So, to answer your question, it's still you :) 

After the Livy game??? Left it a bit late did you not?? 🤔

4 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Thanks, Grant.

Appreciate your efforts and taking the time to put your side across.

Don't let wallopers on the internet get to you.

They're probably alright folk in real life.

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

After the Livy game??? Left it a bit late did you not?? 🤔

What's with the multiple question marks? Has being ridden from all angles on this thread scrambled your, admittedly limited, intellect? Livingston was 6 games after our semi final against Celtic. Anyone calling for the managers head 6 league games after we pumped Dundee was an idiot.

Not Cruickshank for Scotland level idiot, but not far off.

4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You're best walking away from this thread. Between making things up and being abusive to other members, you're having an absolute nightmare.

Thanks for the advice. Abuse works both ways so I’ll reserve my right to reply.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What's with the multiple question marks? Has being ridden from all angles on this thread scrambled your, admittedly limited, intellect? Livingston was 6 games after our semi final against Celtic. Anyone calling for the managers head 6 league games after we pumped Dundee was an idiot.

Not Cruickshank for Scotland level idiot, but not far off.

??? is almost as bad as your ****** when you are abusing fellow posters. 😉

9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

??? is almost as bad as your ****** when you are abusing fellow posters. 😉

I see other members are pulling you up for being a rancid wee troll :) I also see the chap from the ground staff completely ignored your reply. it's almost as if you have **** all credibility around here and not a single soul gives a toss about what you have to say.

WigglyBrokenBabirusa-size_restricted.gif

4 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

I see other members are pulling you up for being a rancid wee troll :) I also see the chap from the ground staff completely ignored your reply. it's almost as if you have **** all credibility around here and not a single soul gives a toss about what you have to say.

Hear hear 👍

12 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

“rancid Wee troll” - nice turn of phrase 😏

Frankly I could not give a FF if some reply or not because most don’t have a valid reply only a bit of personal abuse of which you are the Board expert.

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

“rancid Wee troll” - nice turn of phrase 😏

Frankly I could give a FF if some reply or not because most don’t have a valid reply only a bit of personal abuse of which you are the Board expert.

You are a prime example of someone who likes to try and dish it out, but can't handle it back. Which is odd, because I'd imagine you're used to getting the utter ***** ripped out of you by now.

You'll cut about crying about personal abuse, when it's not personal abuse when it's a perfectly valid observation of your personality. You were definitely the kid at school that used to tell on people for chewing gum. Without question. You've probably got the Hearts shop-a-fan number saved in your favourites, just in case someone slags the Main Stand facade.

The Hogfather
30 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Thanks for the advice. Abuse works both ways so I’ll reserve my right to reply.

You do that. I'm sure the whole of Kickback is waiting on tenterhooks for the latest display of your rapier style wit :rolleyes: 

Just now, Nunya Business said:

You do that. I'm sure the whole of Kickback is waiting on tenterhooks for the latest display of your rapier style wit :rolleyes: 

Cheers