Hybrid Pitch

Cruickshank for Scotland
2 hours ago, Boris5115 said:

Strong statement Cruicky. Why would he be telling porkies and what makes you so sure about this. 

Because I was involved in the stand construction Boris.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cruickshank for Scotland

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

sassenach

I've seen original Roman mosaics in a museum that have been restored after spending 18 centuries under East Yorkshire farmland.

I'm sure the Hearts mosaic can be restored.

• 3 months later...

What's happened to the £1m pitch? It isn't in great condition again is it... Fir Park on the other hand looked immaculate today. I know Scotland (Women) played at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago, but it's hardly been used with a late start to the season. What were the Motherwell groundkeepers able to do during the pandemic that Hearts weren't?

This pitch is meant to be one of the most high-tech in the world with all the monitoring and controls. It was like a rug in winter two seasons ago though if I remember right the company that installed the pitch help with maintenance during the first year.

Last season it was supposedly the Edinburgh Festival concert wrecking the grass, and the tight schedule meaning the pitch couldn't be 'skimmed' and new grass spawn. So has 'skimming' not happened again this year?

And he’s not praying!

Deteriorated badly after kick off.

No idea what the issue is but given the amount of football played on it since March, it really should be coping better.

maroonsgotop

looks to be cutting up very easily and doesn't look to be on the same level as other pitches of similar ilk. No idea what the issue is but it's had plenty time to be fully sorted by now surely. Disappointing to say the least

5 minutes ago, And he’s not praying! said:

Deteriorated badly after kick off.

No idea what the issue is but given the amount of football played on it since March, it really should be coping better.

They water it before games then half the players spend half their time on their backsides!

I walked on it last year and said at the time it is like concrete and forces your ankle over for some reason?

And he’s not praying!
Just now, Jambo61 said:

They water it before games then half the players spend half their time on their backsides!

I walked on it last year and said at the time it is like concrete and forces your ankle over for some reason?

Loads of incidences of players falling over.

Looked really heavy.

Pitch looked really bad, considering it's barely been played on. Something is wrong with it, whatever it is, the club need to get to the bottom of it. 

gordiegords

As far as I know after the first year we didn’t spend on the upkeep from the company to maintain it to the highest standard.

13 minutes ago, gordiegords said:

As far as I know after the first year we didn’t spend on the upkeep from the company to maintain it to the highest standard.

What additional steps/costs are involved in maintaining it to the highest standard?

Was it maintained properly over the summer though? The maintenance team may have been on furlough along with Hearts staff?

Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, kila said:

What's happened to the £1m pitch? It isn't in great condition again is it... Fir Park on the other hand looked immaculate today. I know Scotland (Women) played at Tynecastle a couple of weeks ago, but it's hardly been used with a late start to the season. What were the Motherwell groundkeepers able to do during the pandemic that Hearts weren't?

This pitch is meant to be one of the most high-tech in the world with all the monitoring and controls. It was like a rug in winter two seasons ago though if I remember right the company that installed the pitch help with maintenance during the first year.

Last season it was supposedly the Edinburgh Festival concert wrecking the grass, and the tight schedule meaning the pitch couldn't be 'skimmed' and new grass spawn. So has 'skimming' not happened again this year?

Frankly this has been going on for some time. There were questions asked regarding the state of the pitch pitch previously which resulted in much acrimony on here.

Seemingly the pitch was being soaked prior to the match which resulted in a slippy surface that cut up badly.

I’m not sure (I may be wrong) that the pitch is where the £1 million went. As I understood it, the foundations, under soil heating, irrigation lines and drainage was where the money went? The pitch itself is a bog standard hybrid pitch sitting on top?

Cruickshank for Scotland
7 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

I’m not sure (I may be wrong) that the pitch is where the £1 million went. As I understood it, the foundations, under soil heating, irrigation lines and drainage was where the money went? The pitch itself is a bog standard hybrid pitch sitting on top?

The £1m was spent on the complete reconstruction including drainage, sub- structure, etc. The hybrid pitch is hardly “bog standard” as very few clubs in Scotland have it.

BarneyBattles
54 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Frankly this has been going on for some time. There were questions asked regarding the state of the pitch pitch previously which resulted in much acrimony on here.

Seemingly the pitch was being soaked prior to the match which resulted in a slippy surface that cut up badly.

But the point is they wouldn’t have watered it unless they thought that was the way to go to make it the best it could be. 

It looks shit and cuts up so there’s obviously an underlying issue. 

I assume Hearts will be discussing this with the supplying company because quite frankly we’ve been sold a dud. 

gordiegords
8 hours ago, kila said:

What additional steps/costs are involved in maintaining it to the highest standard?

I think it’s something to do with skimming, I know a guy who works for the company so I’ll ask him.

kingantti1874

Yep, have to say I thought with a summer to heal it would be fine.. but it’s nol.. our pitch does the very thing hybrid pitches are not supposed to do, it cuts up.. and it’s cuts up worse than non hybrid pitches.. totally bizarre. 

Smith's right boot

Pitch oot! 

Have the players or manager said anything about the pitch?

Robbo or Robbie never mentioned it after the game as an issue. 

The over watering off our pitch won't help our game, it makes it harder to control the ball and will even things up when we play against other teams. 

For as long as I can remember the pitch is cut immediately after a game. Even at the height of winter. 

Always strikes me as a bit odd. It's surely not grown much in one day in February.

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

For as long as I can remember the pitch is cut immediately after a game. Even at the height of winter. 

Always strikes me as a bit odd. It's surely not grown much in one day in February.

I’ve asked this before, I was told the blades are high and they are essentially hoovering it, to remove debris and make the blades stand up..

still something is very wrong. 

Our pitch certainly looks one of the worst. The area in front of wheatfield b/c in particular you can see outline of pipes 😕

There did seem to be a lot of players slipping on their arses. 

If there was ever a time to get it sorted out it should be now during the pandemic. We could play our games at oriam. 

Cruickshank for Scotland
9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

But the point is they wouldn’t have watered it unless they thought that was the way to go to make it the best it could be. 

It looks shit and cuts up so there’s obviously an underlying issue. 

I assume Hearts will be discussing this with the supplying company because quite frankly we’ve been sold a dud. 

The question is were we sold a “dud” or is the problem the way we are maintaining it?

davemclaren
2 hours ago, McCrae said:

The over watering off our pitch won't help our game, it makes it harder to control the ball and will even things up when we play against other teams. 

I assume Robbie disagrees. 

Furious Styles
12 hours ago, kila said:

pitch fork at half time. 

Think this pitch has been really bad since it was laid we did need a new playing surface but this has be a waste of money

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, j1964m said:

Think this pitch has been really bad since it was laid we did need a new playing surface but this has be a waste of money

It is better than the previous pitch but not as resilient as I hoped/expected. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

I assume Robbie disagrees. 

You are probably right... shame it helped with the Inverness goal...skidding off the wet surface.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, McCrae said:

You are probably right... shame it helped with the Inverness goal...skidding off the wet surface.

Probably hoped we would use it to a similar advantage. Sadly not though. 

28 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Think we can put that more down to White not pressing the cross enough and Lee standing off Dorans.

Edited by DETTY29
25 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Think we can put that more down to White not pressing the cross enough and Lee standing off Dorans.

All contributory factors

The Treasurer
5 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The question is were we sold a “dud” or is the problem the way we are maintaining it?

Maybe not sold a dud as such, but maybe the installation wasn't up to standard.

Or, as you say, we're not maintaining it correctly.

Either way I expected better for the £1m investment

jambo-in-furness
6 hours ago, mre said:

Our pitch certainly looks one of the worst. The area in front of wheatfield b/c in particular you can see outline of pipes 😕

There did seem to be a lot of players slipping on their arses. 

If there was ever a time to get it sorted out it should be now during the pandemic. We could play our games at oriam. 

I think the “outline of pipes” may be where the players repeatedly ran over the same grass during warm up.

Hungry hippo
3 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

White shouldn't have had to mark both to guy taking and receiving the throw in.

Neil Dongcaster

Our procurement of everything from seats, to pitches to football players has been ****ing atrocious.

Bull's-eye
1 minute ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

Our procurement of everything from seats, to pitches to football players has been ****ing atrocious.

Can't moan about results currently so let's take a trip down memory lane.

Totally predictable.

Jamboelite
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe not sold a dud as such, but maybe the installation wasn't up to standard.

Or, as you say, we're not maintaining it correctly.

Either way I expected better for the £1m investment

The company are one of the top ones to lay this type of surface but it was done at pace and then we made an arse of it with the concert.

There is definitely an issue and it needs sorted.

Boris5115

Pitch was fantastic in its first year but since then something is not right at all. The recovery time that it had in lockdown was double the time it would normally have had but that seems to have made no difference at all. So who has the answers as to what is going so wrong. I also thought that Darkheid looked in poor condition during the Sparta game last week which is the same surface as ours. Fir Park on the other hand was immaculate yesterday and its not Hybrid. 

Boris5115
3 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

The company are one of the top ones to lay this type of surface but it was done at pace and then we made an arse of it with the concert.

There is definitely an issue and it needs sorted.

They have just had 6 months to sort it. How long do they need. 

39 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

They have just had 6 months to sort it. How long do they need. 

Maybe 6 months and less than half the staff.....

Maybe potential contractors were 12 week lockdown or furloughing....

At one point our challengers in the Championship only wanted to play an 18 match league from January too...

Edited by DETTY29
Boris5115
10 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

Maybe 6 months and less than half the staff.....

Maybe potential contractors were 12 week lockdown or furloughing....

At one point our challengers in the Championship only wanted to play an 18 match league from January too...

Cmon mate for the money spent its very poor. As I've said previously in the first season it was a great surface. Problems since last August and it's still not right. 

Neil Dongcaster
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Totally predictable.

I’ll bite. What exactly is predictable?

Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Bull's-eye said:

Totally predictable.

You sound as if the pitch problem is history - it’s not it’s still a problem.

7 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Cmon mate for the money spent its very poor. As I've said previously in the first season it was a great surface. Problems since last August and it's still not right. 

I'm not saying it isn't and wasb't sorted but there are factors in play this time too.

One being demotion due to crap results and further reduced budget.

Cruickshank for Scotland
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

Pitch was fantastic in its first year but since then something is not right at all. The recovery time that it had in lockdown was double the time it would normally have had but that seems to have made no difference at all. So who has the answers as to what is going so wrong. I also thought that Darkheid looked in poor condition during the Sparta game last week which is the same surface as ours. Fir Park on the other hand was immaculate yesterday and its not Hybrid. 

Next big signing Motherwell’s Head Groundsman? 🤔

Boris5115
15 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Next big signing Motherwell’s Head Groundsman? 🤔

I'm sure our Groundstaff are more than capable at their jobs. As someone has just suggested maybe their budget has been cut. If this is the case then it's disappointing as it makes the initial investment pointless. 

Jamboelite
29 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I'm not saying it isn't and wasb't sorted but there are factors in play this time too.

One being demotion due to crap results and further reduced budget.

Then why are other pitches that arent anywhere near as state of the art as ours ok ?

husref musemic
2 hours ago, jambo-in-furness said:

I think the “outline of pipes” may be where the players repeatedly ran over the same grass during warm up.

To me it's clearly a S shape run thats continuous over a stretch leaving some kind of witness mark. 

That appart it looks like  a soft bog. not great.