Hybrid Pitch

kila

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Sorry to reply. Your time is clearly precious.

You're right. My time is far too precious to be spent pointlessly arguing with some weirdo on Kickback, because he can't be ****ed actually taking his silly beef up with the actual source. Clearly the ground staff have a presence on Kickback, if you're not happy with his response to the issues with the park, then **** off and take it up with him.

:) 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You're right. My time is far too precious to be spent pointlessly arguing with some weirdo on Kickback, because he can't be ****ed actually taking his silly beef up with the actual source. Clearly the ground staff have a presence on Kickback, if you're not happy with his response to the issues with the park, then **** off and take it up with him.

:) 

However you spent your time replying to him? Clearly it’s not that precious after all. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 hours ago, Gorillajam said:

The pitch is a disgrace at the moment. The condition the pitch is currently in nicely represents our club as a whole at the the moment. Utter urine.

GET AN ORCHESTRA ON IT

Don't see what Cruiky has said to upset people. The pitch is in a terrible state. Whether that is down to the groundsmen, overuse, concert or whatever. I would like to know the cause of it also. I thought it was a joke that the pitch was in such a state at the start of seaso, but folk on here made out people who were concerned were idiots. 

3 minutes ago, stotty said:

Don't see what Cruiky has said to upset people. The pitch is in a terrible state. Whether that is down to the groundsmen, overuse, concert or whatever. I would like to know the cause of it also. I thought it was a joke that the pitch was in such a state at the start of seaso, but folk on here made out people who were concerned were idiots. 

Welcome to Kickback.

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, stotty said:

He was treated that way because he decided he didn’t like the information he was being given and thought the best way to deal with it was to be snarky. 

1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

He was treated that way because he decided he didn’t like the information he was being given and thought the best way to deal with it was to be snarky. 

snarky? 🤔

Jambof3tornado
2 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any update on whether the overseeing has had an effect? 

It will grow as it grows. Dependent on sunlight etc. Could really do with a few weeks of nobody on it so pretty sure Grant and co are happy the break is coming up.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

It will grow as it grows. Dependent on sunlight etc. Could really do with a few weeks of nobody on it so pretty sure Grant and co are happy the break is coming up.

It’s going to be over 10 degrees for a few days over the weekend so the grass will grow a wee bit, three weeks without a game will obviously help.

1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Extra lamps required to be rented. 

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Any update on whether the overseeing has had an effect? 

Overseeding. Or reseeding  as   I think that means.

It was already the most overseen pitch in history,

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Overseeding. Or reseeding  as   I think that means.

It was already the most overseen pitch in history,

If it was overseen we wouldn’t have this thread. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Merry Xmas. 🎅🏼

Arthur Morgan
54 minutes ago, eyesandears said:

What a state that new pitch is in. Does anyone at the club know what they are doing? 

Sums up the club nicely. 

Jambof3tornado

You could see new grass coming through along the wheatfield side.

Really needs nobody using pitch. Sooner the sheep game is done the better.

On 26/12/2019 at 13:53, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s literally nothing we do well, apart from statements about our own support.

Nonsense.

4 minutes ago, Five to One said:

For all the negative press about our pitch, Septic Park doesn’t look much better. 

You having a laugh. I can't see much wrong with it. A hell of a lot more grass than ours. 

With those pitches we were supposed to skim it every summer, then relay the top layer, we didnt do that, no idea why, then we gave it a concert , we havent looked after it well and now its suffering a bit.

6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

You having a laugh. I can't see much wrong with it. A hell of a lot more grass than ours. 

I agree with him, it doesn't look much better than ours.  Not surprising as it's almost January.

12 minutes ago, Five to One said:

For all the negative press about our pitch, Septic Park doesn’t look much better. 

I agree, slightly better than ours, but these 1 million pound pitches are not worth the money. You look at the EPL hybrid pitches and they still look pretty perfect.

Just now, Getintaethem said:

I agree with him, it doesn't look much better than ours.  Not surprising as it's almost January.

Loads more grass and the ball running true not bobbling about like ours. 

2 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

I agree, slightly better than ours, but these 1 million pound pitches are not worth the money. You look at the EPL hybrid pitches and they still look pretty perfect.

You have just contradicted yourself there saying they are a waste of money then saying that they look great down south. Maintain it properly at it should be fine. 

6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

You have just contradicted yourself there saying they are a waste of money then saying that they look great down south. Maintain it properly at it should be fine. 

Merry Christmas to you. I meant our pitch and Celtics pitch seem a waste of money. You maybe right about how they are maintained. 

Cheers 

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Getintaethem said:

that’s just blatantly incorrect.. I think it may be time for a new TV 

5 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Merry Christmas to you. I meant our pitch and Celtics pitch seem a waste of money. You maybe right about how they are maintained. 

Cheers 

This time last year our pitch was absolutely perfect. No one was saying it was a waste of money then. 

Have to agree. Their pitch although not that bad its certainly worse condition that I would have expected.  Dont think it has been a particularly poor winter .

Makes you wonder if celtic with their resources cant keep a hybrid pitch in perfect condition then maybe it's just not worth the huge cost for the scottish premiership teams. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I hate to say it but I think it looks marginally better than a few weeks ago. From where I’m sitting anyway... 😎

You can see from North Korea? ;) 

GorgieFifeLife

The corner between Gorgie and Main is a mud bath. Not helped by the players continually warming up in that corner. Large area with barely a blade of grass on it.

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, GorgieFifeLife said:

The corner between Gorgie and Main is a mud bath. Not helped by the players continually warming up in that corner. Large area with barely a blade of grass on it.

you know, I’ve thought this for. While.. move where you are warming up FFS 😂

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Getintaethem said:

English premier league pitches mostly look perfect even in the North of England where the climate is similar and the areas where  there has been massive rainfall. A hybrid pich costing £1m should be perfect year round.

1 hour ago, Jambos_1874 said:

Nonsense.

How is it nonsense?  The stand is well over budget and unfinished.  The pitch doesn't look like we spent a million on it and the 'football dept' is bottom of the league.  Where are the club getting it right?  

6 minutes ago, JamboSpur said:

Screenshots from Instagram

A8CA04AC-B845-4293-8D08-87FA82857199.jpeg

57C44104-C020-40A5-A934-00113302DDB9.jpeg

It's quite an achievement...it actually looks worse than our Sunday league pitch which gets cut once a week by a guy from the council 😂😂

I was on the stadium tour this afternoon (which is excellent).  The tour told us the entire pitch was reseeded yesterday and they are hoping it will get a chance to take hold over the break.  They had 4 lamps on the go as well.