• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

That was quick.

It's a tight schedule to get all the work done before the League Cup starts in July.

AlimOzturk

Heard the BT commentators have pop at us for spending money on a new Pitch rather than invest it in the squad. The mentioned that pitch looked in good shape and today it certainly did. However considering the mud pit it becomes in the winter this is incredibly important. . I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing

Beast Boy
1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

Heard the BT commentators have pop at us for spending money on a new Pitch rather than invest it in the squad. The mentioned that pitch looked in good shape and today it certainly did. However considering the mud pit it becomes in the winter this is incredibly important. . I honestly couldn't believe what I was hearing

The shitehawks in the media flip-flop and take the opposite opinion on us one week to the next because it allows them to sell shite to shite addicts.

PeterintheRain
2 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

The surface is fine. The fact it's sitting on top of a layer of earth that turns into brown custard when it rains because the sub-base has turned into concrete and the drains don't work anymore is the problem.    So the whole lot needs replaced.  Everybody who isn't a brain-dead moron knows this.  

Really glad we’re putting the cash up for this as the pitch was getting beyond a joke. 

Its fine when teams like Celtic come and struggle on it but it’s hindering us too.  

7 minutes ago, PeterintheRain said:

The surface is fine. The fact it's sitting on top of a layer of earth that turns into brown custard when it rains because the sub-base has turned into concrete and the drains don't work anymore is the problem.    So the whole lot needs replaced.  Everybody who isn't a brain-dead moron knows this.  

Tbf I don’t think it’s that bad that the commentators didn’t know this :laugh:

The pitch does look pretty immaculate it just plays horrendous. 

Jamboelite
40 minutes ago, Jambo_in_Hamilton said:

I might get some turf tomorrow 

is it available from 10?

Oh good question time is back.

Just now, Gershwin said:

That’s some progress!

My thoughts to, incredible work in very little time, to think at half 9ish last night the game was still in progress is crazy

New stand. Good for 30+ years

New pitch. Good for 20+ years

Good to get these basic infrastructure projects done so every penny in the next 20-30 years can go on the playing squad.

upgotheheads

That's amazing. It's just ironic that the pitch last night and Sunday was the best I've seen it for years.

Jambof3tornado
7 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

That's amazing. It's just ironic that the pitch last night and Sunday was the best I've seen it for years.

Looking good and playing good are miles apart.

Its a very poor pitch (certainly is now).

Money well spent.

letsalldothebeattie
26 minutes ago, kila said:

Amazing progress already. See Michael Stewart was talking out his arse last night on BT saying the groundsman told him that it would be all torn up by midnight 

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

It definitely plays better with the grass being a little bit longer, but the club are doing the right thing by digging it up and installing the hybrid pitch.

John Findlay

My laddie had the opportunity to train on the pitch at Murrayfield last Thursday evening. As is well documented it is a hybrid pitch. I got speaking to their head groundsman. This is what he said. The Murrayfield pitch is 97% grass and only 3% synthetic which is the thread that knits the roots of the grass together 8 inches below the surface. This is done by a machine which for Murrayfield could do the length of the pitch to a width of 3 metres in approximately 10 hours. So if it was just a case of laying a hybrid pitch, Tynecastle would be done and dusted in a fortnight. It's the re-doing of the undersoil heating and the Base below the hybrid pitch that is the time consuming bit. I have to say the Murrayfield head groundsman thought it would be touch and go to be ready for mid July.  Once again I think we will be at the mercy of the Scottish summer weather. Here is hoping it's a good summer.

letsalldothebeattie
56 minutes ago, BelgeJambo said:

Looks ready for Celtic at home first game of next season 

You just know that’s what the first game will be. Wonder what wee Brenda’s complaints will be about the new pitch 

1 hour ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Amazing progress already. See Michael Stewart was talking out his arse last night on BT saying the groundsman told him that it would be all torn up by midnight 

I wonder if it’s the groundsman who also told him players turned up and signed without Cathro knowing anything about them...

MS will believe anything he’s told if it means having a pop at Hearts.

letsalldothebeattie
Just now, DH1986 said:

I wonder if it’s the groundsman who also told him players turned up and signed without Cathro knowing anything about them...

MS will believe anything he’s told if it means having a pop at Hearts.

Maybe it was but he doesn’t reveal his sources so we will never know haha. 

John Findlay
14 hours ago, kila said:

Work already underway

DcyXv4vWkAMnxyG.jpg-large.thumb.jpeg.a4403c6d390149a29e9102211a0b6050.jpeg

I hear the tractor came to a stop just over the halfway line. Scott Brown's bawsacks got tangled up in the machinery.

24 minutes ago, dsk1210 said:

The pitch looked good but the players were always slipping about, never looked sure footed.

And we all know that when your not sure footed you look wobbly 

23 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Think the groundsman was telling BT Sport that its under the grass that a lot of work needs done thats why its ripped up already

55 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Good to see the scaffolding up around the police control box as well.

Well spotted.

18grantmc74
22 hours ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

I did tell him this 

With us only getting two home games post split you’d have thought we could have got the last two games at least away to let us start earlier....

On 09/05/2018 at 23:43, AlimOzturk said:

Was that no Chris Sutton having a dig. Not sure who he hates more, us or Levein?

1 minute ago, Marvin said:

Was that no Chris Sutton having a dig. Not sure who he hates more, us or Levein?

Dunno - he seemed to hate Stewart more than Levein the other night.

highlandjambo3

We will get no positive pr on this at all, wonder what the first weegia negative spin will be:

1.  Cost V’s player budget or...

2.  It won’t be ready in time.

I guarantee you next season visiting teams who get horsed by us will start to complain about the pitch feeling “not quite right”.

I remember when it was announced that the new stand was behind schedule, Currie and his fellow mutants were filming for the evenings news and, the camera was locked firmly on the last wee unfinished bit of the stand down by the roseburn.  The story line lasted about a minute and had workmen in the background busying away.......at no point did the camera pan left to see the 99% that was completed...................that lot boil my piss