Hybrid Pitch

kila

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

You are a prime example of someone who likes to try and dish it out, but can't handle it back. Which is odd, because I'd imagine you're used to getting the utter ***** ripped out of you by now.

You'll cut about crying about personal abuse, when it's not personal abuse when it's a perfectly valid observation of your personality. You were definitely the kid at school that used to tell on people for chewing gum. Without question. You've probably got the Hearts shop-a-fan number saved in your favourites, just in case someone slags the Main Stand facade.

Jeez you’ve got some weird imagination to come up with that shit! 😂

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

It wasn't silly at all. The last time we returfed the pitch, it cost about £100k and was in a poor state within about 2 or 3 months, because the substructure below the turf was in a horrendous state - some of the drainage had apparently collapsed in and the 'soil' had become so compacted over many years that it had turned almost like concrete, meaning that new turf couldn't grow proper roots and get any stability.

It could be legitimately argued that it might have been better to save some money by not going for the hybrid option, but the bulk of the work, including all the drainage, undersoil heating, subsoil renewal, etc, was absolutely essential. Without that, we'd have been returfing the pitch two or three times every season and still moaning about the state of it about 99% of the time.

That is not how I remember the pitch after it was returfed.  

There are also ways to remedy compaction without removing the soil, changing drainage etc.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are multiple accounts permitted on kickback these days?

No idea - who are you referring to?

7 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Are multiple accounts permitted on kickback these days?

Who are you asking?

Maybe best messing a Moderator if you have suspicions.

3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No idea - who are you referring to?

Nobody in particular, I just find it hard to fathom that so many people are keen to engage in a bunfight about a football pitch 😂😂

So a groundsman has came on and said he's unhappy with the the state of the pitch, we'll still have folk coming on here saying it's just a bit discoloured :lol:

1 minute ago, Longshanks said:

So a groundsman has came on and said he's unhappy with the the state of the pitch, we'll still have folk coming on here saying it's just a bit discoloured :lol:

This thread should just be closed now imo. He's come on, given people an update on the current situation and that should be that.

I forget the exact timelines.  But I think that the Cathro pitch relay was in February March 2017.  So that was reported as £100k or so.  I don't think there was another relay before this where the park was in far far better state than currently.  So perhaps 10 turf relays over several years versus spending £1m on a non-revenue generating asset

2 minutes ago, Coco said:

I forget the exact timelines.  But I think that the Cathro pitch relay was in February March 2017.  So that was reported as £100k or so.  I don't think there was another relay before this where the park was in far far better state than currently.  So perhaps 10 turf relays over several years versus spending £1m on a non-revenue generating asset

Thread from then:

Governor Tarkin
53 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Oh come on, Cruicky, what was so bad that needed an edit?

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

This thread should just be closed now imo. He's come on, given people an update on the current situation and that should be that.

Agreed.

29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we find another benefactor to pay for the latest on field **** up?

If you paid your foh subs and paid for a season ticket or even to get into games that would help mate.

41 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Oh come on, Cruicky, what was so bad that needed an edit?

I replied to you in error.

42 minutes ago, Barack said:

We need more closed threads, imo.

:look:

😂

39 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can we find another benefactor to pay for the latest on field **** up?

Maybe you should contribute instead of bumping your gums constantly while saying you don’t care or give a ****! Sure you can put a bit on your contributions saying it is not allowed to be used except to pay for players.

10 minutes ago, HUFF PUFF said:

If you paid your foh subs and paid for a season ticket or even to get into games that would help mate.

👍🏻

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

😂

Maybe you should contribute instead of bumping your gums constantly while saying you don’t care or give a ****! Sure you can put a bit on your contributions saying it is not allowed to be used except to pay for players.

I would not trust Budge to water a house plant let alone spend my cash wisely  thanks.

Edited by i8hibsh

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

I would not trust Budge to water a house plant let alone spend my cash wisely  thanks.

what constitutes wisely? 

9 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

giphy.gif

Edited by Bad Religion

4 hours ago, sadj said:

Tbf , I think if you changed disgruntled poster to annoying troll then there would prob be a queue of posters with pitchforks to chase Thomaso so they can read one thread without him arguing anything negative. At least i8 is insignificant , Thomaso used to be a poster worth reading....

It's all Levein fault. 

11 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Would you trust her with washing your extensive knicker collection?

1 minute ago, HUFF PUFF said:

Would you trust her with washing your extensive knicker collection?

Eh, my collection will never be washed.

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not sure what point you were trying to make by going public on a PM but fine by me.

Firstly I do not give out my private number on a fans forum to somebody I don’t know from Adam.

Secondly I told you I wasn’t going to the game on Wednesday, but if I was it was pretty impractical to “shout you over” in a crowd of 17,000 from my seat higher up in the Wheatfield - not to mention the fact I didn’t know who to shout over! I would also suggest you would be pretty busy trying to get the pitch issues sorted.

Now you have gone public you told me you wouldn’t go in writing on a PM with the real reason for the pitch deterioration as this would get you in trouble.

That was also fine by me, but it suggested the problem may not be down to your maintenance and the Club are keeping stume on the real reason.

As I have stated on here if the horrendous state of the pitch is not down to our Groundsmen you have my unreserved apology.

Honestly are you feeling OK ? 

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Tbf , I think if you changed disgruntled poster to annoying troll then there would prob be a queue of posters with pitchforks to chase Thomaso so they can read one thread without him arguing anything negative. At least i8 is insignificant , Thomaso used to be a poster worth reading....

Ah the good old day’s .....😊

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes why?

It's just I used to enjoy Thomaso posts and updates on the main stand. 

Now you just want to go arguing with people. I remember round about the time CL had his health problems you said you had also been ill. 

Unless I'm confusing you with someone else if so I apologise. 

8 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's just I used to enjoy Thomaso posts and updates on the main stand. 

Now you just want to go arguing with people. I remember round about the time CL had his health problems you said you had also been ill. 

Unless I'm confusing you with someone else if so I apologise. 

No you’re right I had a heart attack and two stents fitted a couple of weeks before Levein did.

As you may be aware I was against Levein getting involved again at Tynecastle from the start and said at the time it would not end well.

Some on here took great exception to that and took the opportunity to have a pop at every turn - they still do, so I make no apology in replying to them in kind.

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No you’re right I had a heart attack and two stents fitted a couple of weeks before Levein did.

As you may be aware I was against Levein getting involved again at Tynecastle from the start and said at the time it would not end well.

Some on here took great exception to that and took the opportunity to have a pop at every turn - they still do, so I make no apology in replying to them in kind.

I know you have been consistent with your views on CL. 

I always got the impression there was a personal element to it perhaps others felt the same. 

You were right in the end though👍

3 minutes ago, luckydug said:

I always got the impression there was a personal element to it perhaps others felt the same. 

My main problem with Levein was the dire negative football he produced but I must admit I found him to be an arrogant personality.

Guest ToqueJambo
12 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

My main problem with Levein was the dire negative football he produced but I must admit I found him to be an arrogant personality.

Like most sports people who get to the level he has or higher to be fair. When things go well that arriogance is seen as a positive, for example when Levein was a supreme defender. When it goes wrong like it did for Levein recently, you can't suddenly lose that part of you that helped get you to the level he got to - international as manager and player. You have to continue to have self-belief. The problem is that arrogance then looks completely unfounded when things are not going right.

Governor Tarkin
2 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

I replied to you in error.

Nae bother, buddy. 👍

2 hours ago, sadj said:

😂

It wasn't funny. :seething: 

14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Like most sports people who get to the level he has or higher to be fair. When things go well that arriogance is seen as a positive, for example when Levein was a supreme defender. When it goes wrong like it did for Levein recently, you can't suddenly lose that part of you that helped get you to the level he got to - international as manager and player. You have to continue to have self-belief. The problem is that arrogance then looks completely unfounded when things are not going right.

Fair comment.

been here before
20 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not a chance that pitch is going to recover by the end of January Dave!

God knows what statement the Club will come out with then!

Whatever it is you'll know its wrong eh?

Self proclaimed unofficial club spokesman when the stand was being built to obssessed slavering shitehawk when the pitch looks gubbed.

2 hours ago, luckydug said:

Stendel out. his time is up. blah blah blah.

I'll be right in the end eh?

If Hearts do know want the issue is, I am not sure why they don’t disclose it, unless it is an internal **** up.   Even then, given we donate so much to the club, we should know.  And given shareholders own part of the club, they should too.   Even the averse fan probably should too. 

I suppose, being cryptic, and closed, is better than lying though, like we did when we blamed the delay on the stand on bad weather, rather than fess up and say we ballsed up the seat order. 

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, Phil Dunphy said:

What was the update? " It was nuffing to do wiv us". OK let's move  on!

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, Paolo said:

If Hearts do know want the issue is, I am not sure why they don’t disclose it, unless it is an internal **** up.   Even then, given we donate so much to the club, we should know.  And given shareholders own part of the club, they should too.   Even the averse fan probably should too. 

I suppose, being cryptic, and closed, is better than lying though, like we did when we blamed the delay on the stand on bad weather, rather than fess up and say we ballsed up the seat order. 

To be fair it only took about 24 hours to fess up back then.

1 hour ago, graygo said:

Stendel out. his time is up. blah blah blah.

I'll be right in the end eh?

Nah not necessarily. He might turn out to be a decent Manager for us. 

24 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

What was the update? " It was nuffing to do wiv us". OK let's move  on!

If you've an issue with the update he provided, take it up with him. I've no intentions of arguing with you, it's not worth my time.

Francis Albert
19 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

If you've an issue with the update he provided, take it up with him. I've no intentions of arguing with you, it's not worth my time.

Sorry to reply. Your time is clearly precious.

3 hours ago, been here before said:

Whatever it is you'll know its wrong eh?

Self proclaimed unofficial club spokesman when the stand was being built to obssessed slavering shitehawk when the pitch looks gubbed.

Nice! 👍

The pitch is a disgrace at the moment. The condition the pitch is currently in nicely represents our club as a whole at the the moment. Utter urine.