• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

What's happened to the fantastic part?

That’s why it’s not fantastic cause it’s the same pitch. Top needs to come off 

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

A bit of a waste of £1m for just a football pitch?

No.

The £1m wasn't just spend on an aesthetically looking pitch. 

We all know that.

Edited by Noah Claypole

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, 18grantmc74 said:

Why didn't it?

11 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Pitch was fantastic this time last year 

I know so come on then tell us why it's not fantastic this year. You work on it so please share with us what is going on. 

Ricardo Shillyshally
Just now, 18grantmc74 said:

Because there was a concert so would have been a waste of money. 

Thank you. Appreciate your honesty.👍

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

No.

The £1m wasn't just spend on an aesthetically looking pitch. 

We all know that.

It was spent on a state of the art pitch that would provide a perfect playing surface for many years.

Not a pitch with a small smattering of grass even if you would be happy to.play on it.

kingantti1874
9 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

has the concert compacted the soil? 

15 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

It was spent on a state of the art pitch that would provide a perfect playing surface for many years.

Not a pitch with a small smattering of grass even if you would be happy to.play on it.

For many years being the key words. 

Good job we agree. 

50 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Yes. They were.

Did you offer them your lawnmower?

This post, word for word, is absolute bullshit. 

I don’t think my lawnmower would be particularly effective. Why is the post, word for word, bullshit? 

28 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

Could give a **** mate tbh.

It's a football pitch, I played on a pitch that had wood shavings for lines and the Mole hills had to be trampled down before we kicked off.  

I'd quite like to play at Tynecastle right now with the small smattering of Grass. 

Call me old fashioned. 

Most folk are the same but I'd no be happy if we've just shelled out a huge part of our budget on a pitch

and we're not much better of than when we used a fair chunk of cash  a couple of years ago to sort the thing 

1 minute ago, jambocub said:

Most folk are the same but I'd no be happy if we've just shelled out a huge part of our budget on a pitch

and we're not much better of than when we used a fair chunk of cash  a couple of years ago to sort the thing 

There are issues with the current playing surface, previously the issues where with the complete pitch from the Grass down. 

Our pitch will be fine. 

Just now, Noah Claypole said:

There are issues with the current playing surface, previously the issues where with the complete pitch from the Grass down. 

Our pitch will be fine. 

When will it be fine ?

After spending a million pound on a pitch no one really cares what the previous issues  were

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I don’t think my lawnmower would be particularly effective. Why is the post, word for word, bullshit? 

Because you're trying to deflect blame away from the man who had us on the pitch at every opportunity to a man who hasn't had anyone on the pitch since full time against Aberdeen.

You're posting misinformation about the groundsmen being "concerned that Stendel insists on the players training on the pitch during the week", which is bullshit. Do us a favour Dave and save us from the al-Sahhaf routine for a change.

Just now, Phil Dunphy said:

Because you're trying to deflect blame away from the man who had us on the pitch at every opportunity to a man who hasn't had anyone on the pitch since full time against Aberdeen.

You're posting misinformation about the groundsmen being "concerned that Stendel insists on the players training on the pitch during the week", which is bullshit. Do us a favour Dave and save us from the al-Sahhaf routine for a change.

I’m not trying to deflect any blame. Personally, I don’t blame Levein for the state of the pitch as I’ve nothing to suggest anything he did particularly impacted it. It might well be misinformation, as I’ve no idea how much Stendel likes his players to train on the pitch, but it was mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’m not trying to deflect any blame. Personally, I don’t blame Levein for the state of the pitch as I’ve nothing to suggest anything he did particularly impacted it. It might well be misinformation, as I’ve no idea how much Stendel likes his players to train on the pitch, but it was mentioned. 

Mentioned by whom, exactly? I wonder...

Francis Albert
28 minutes ago, Noah Claypole said:

For many years being the key words. 

Good job we agree. 

Obviously I meant for many years after it was installed, looking initially perfect. Not many years after it is fixed if ever it is without further large expenditure.

But glad someone is happy with it.

I hope that FOH never let any concert take place on our pitch just weeks before the season starts. In fact our pitch should only be used for football in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Mentioned by whom, exactly? I wonder...

us ITK people never give our sources away, to protect the innocent and/or guilty.    Sadly, it wasn’t as exciting as you infer. 

Juan Rom?n Riquelme

The pitch was absolutely ****ed pre Stendel.

Him and Levein having the players train on it has nothing to do with the state it's in.

The groundsmen should maybe look a bit closer to home instead of pointing the finger at the first team for doing what every other club in Britain does.

Doesn't help when you have a concert on the pitch at the height of summer either, to be fair.

Edited by Juan Rom?n Riquelme

us ITK people never give our sources away, to protect the innocent and/or guilty.    Sadly, it wasn’t as exciting as you infer. 

Clearly not :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Juan Rom?n Riquelme said:

Him and Levein having the players train on it has nothing to do with the state it's in.

It was indeed. I imagine the usage has an impact on the recovery though. Anyway, to be clear, I’m not blaming Stendel for the state or the pitch, despite what some people seem to imagine. 

9 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Were you told about the builders that mixed their cement on the listed old crest and it's a mess?

Cleaned up now and drying out but deary me.

Are we jinxed?

Edited by DETTY29

Just now, DETTY29 said:

Were you told about the builders that mixed their cement on the listed old crest and it's a mess.

Cleaned up now and drying out but deary me.

Are we jinxed?

Yes, I was told about that. What a disaster. 

pettigrewsstylist
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I hope that FOH never let any concert take place on our pitch just weeks before the season starts. In fact our pitch should only be used for football in my opinion.

And FOH Plot ceremonies.

Bazzas right boot

Every thread should just have in brackets - 

(whatever went wrong, is wrong or may go wrong is Craig Leveins fault) 

Would save the same arguments every thread. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Only passing on what I, and some others, heard with our own ears. 😎

Someone could pass information to me that Jimmy Saville wasn't a rampant peadophile, that wouldn't make it any less false. Or me any more ITK.

Edited by Phil Dunphy

Someone could pass information to me that Jimmy Saville wasn't;t a rampant peadophile, that wouldn't make it any less false. Or me any more ITK.

I wasn’t actually being serious about being ITK, strangely enough. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I wasn’t actually being serious about being ITK, strangely enough. 

It wasn't the only shite you were talking, to be fair.

13 minutes ago, Juan Rom?n Riquelme said:

The groundsmen should maybe look a bit closer to home instead of pointing the finger at the first team for doing what every other club in Britain does.

Doesn't help when you have a concert on the pitch at the height of summer either, to be fair.

What does every other club in Britain do? This will be interesting to see your reply 

5 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

What does every other club in Britain do? This will be interesting to see your reply 

Why is the pitch in such bad condition?

I look forward to your next batch of lies :) 

I’m not lying as that’s what was said. Whether it’s true or not is certainly another matter. 

Today. 

64DBB498-4D40-425A-93AB-82AAED48C2DC.jpeg

Hi Dave, what's the story with the old crest?? It looks worse for wear!!? Which builders are we talking about?! 

I always feel when we brag about anything it always ends up with issues 😂

Pitch

New Stand

Vanacek

Martin

Oshiniwa
Academy
Cathro

Maybe the negative posters on kickback are on to something 🤔

Just now, troonmaroon said:

Hi Dave, what's the story with the old crest?? It looks worse for wear!!? Which builders are we talking about?! 

As Detty29 said, some builders apparently, mixed some cement on it. 😳

6 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Anyway, photos from earlier today. I was told that the 2 groundsmen are concerned that Stendel insists on the players training on the pitch during the week. 🤷🏼‍♂️

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

The pitch didn’t look great before Stendel arrived so I imagine not. I’ve no idea if Levein did or not though the implication was he did it less.

Personally I think it’s a good idea to do some training on the pitch otherwise it is little better than an away game on matchday. 

I’m not lying as that’s what was said. Whether it’s true or not is certainly another matter. 

See these Dave? These are lies.

Whether they're your lies or someone else's is utterly irrelevant. You're posting them as gospel when they're factually incorrect. Be less obvious in future, thanks x

As Detty29 said, some builders apparently, mixed some cement on it. 😳

Was it recently or at the time of the original build? Sounds malicious...!? 

So is the brown staining expected to lighten? I saw mention that it's drying...? 

1 minute ago, Phil Dunphy said:

See these Dave? These are lies.

Whether they're your lies or someone else's is utterly irrelevant. You're posting them as gospel when they're factually incorrect. Be less obvious in future, thanks x

They're not lies at all. X

Just now, troonmaroon said:

Was it recently or at the time of the original build? Sounds malicious...!? 

So is the brown staining expected to lighten? I saw mention that it's drying...? 

I don’t know to be honest. i got the impression it was relatively recently and there was no mention of any malicious intent. Just typical builders I assumed. 

Juan Rom?n Riquelme
18 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Take the occasional training session at the stadium.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

They're not lies at all. X

Oh, but they are.

I know for a fact that Stendel hasn't had the players on the park since Aberdeen.

I know for a fact that the groundsmen aren't upset with him.

I know for a fact that Levein had them on the park before every game.

I know for a fact that they were using the pitch far more under the previous manager than the current one.

If you're disagreeing with any of those statements, you're lying. Go on. Tell me I'm wrong.