Hybrid Pitch

kila

40 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Come on Dave something just isn’t right! Getting the guy to stand up at the AGM with a pre-arranged script telling us they had no complaints from opposition teams FFS - no wonder they didn’t complain, most of them walked away with 3 points - and the pitch is deteriorating with every game!

Not for the first time has the Club stonewalled the fans going back to the real reasons for the over spend on the new stand.

Players will complain about the pitch if they don’t like it even if they don’t even if they win imo. We’ll find out end Jan ( or before ) if the remediation has worked, or not. Personally,  I have my doubts. 

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Longshanks said:

The comparison photos from a year ago are shocking.

£1m tattie field, it's like a visual representation of the mismanagement at the club.

Huge expense for the pitch and squad with little value for money. 

Compare it with 6 weeks ago against St Mirren too! It looked almost perfect then too. WTF has happened?

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Players will complain about the pitch if they don’t like it even if they don’t even if they win imo. We’ll find out end Jan ( or before ) if the remediation has worked, or not. Personally,  I have my doubts. 

Not a chance that pitch is going to recover by the end of January Dave!

God knows what statement the Club will come out with then!

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Not a chance that pitch is going to recover by the end of January Dave!

God knows what statement the Club will come out with then!

😎🤷🏼‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You seem awfully convinced of the issue after viewing it from the stand. Are you a professional in lawn/ pitch engineering? 

In the absence of anything out of the Club apart from stonewalling the fans at the AGM as to the actual reason I do not blame fans speculating with perfectly feasible explanations.

18 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

You seem awfully convinced of the issue after viewing it from the stand. Are you a professional in lawn/ pitch engineering? 

Ph.d and BSc Hons in botany. 40 years experience in plant growth technology. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Prof said:

Hmmm, really? Perhaps you should offer the club your services but maybe you have. Let us know how it goes. For the record I know squat about lawn/pitch care but I am sceptical by nature of randoms making claims on a message board. No offence to you by the way. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

Hard not to agree. The most monitored pitch ever. The suppliers and contractors must have been in to investigate. The monitoring and maintenance history will have been available to them. And an independent expert surely also pulled in. A thorough investigation must surely  have taken place on the outcome of a £1m purchase weeks if not months ago.

Hence the reason it was over-seeded on 5/12 

10 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

In the absence of anything out of the Club apart from stonewalling the fans at the AGM as to the actual reason I do not blame fans speculating with perfectly feasible explanations.

You wouldn’t though would you given you speculate  doom and gloom about everything to do with the Club. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Hmmm, really? Perhaps you should offer the club your services but maybe you have. Let us know how it goes. For the record I know squat about lawn/pitch care but I am sceptical by nature of randoms making claims on a message board. No offence to you by the way. 

No offence taken as you don’t know me. It’s fairly basic stuff, ground compaction reduces drainage, gas permeability and stunts root growth, which is the most important aspect of turf management. That’s why you see signs keep of the  grass. I believe at one time, nobody was allowed to walk on Tynecastle pitch except on match days.

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Prof said:

No offence taken as you don’t know me. It’s fairly basic stuff, ground compaction reduces drainage, gas permeability and stunts root growth, which is the most important aspect of turf management. That’s why you see signs keep of the  grass. I believe at one time, nobody was allowed to walk on Tynecastle pitch except on match days.

Would one concert cause that damage though. Especially after all the drainage replacement work done for the new hybrid pitch? 

17 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

You wouldn’t though would you given you speculate  doom and gloom about everything to do with the Club. 

Unlike your good self who happy claps everything to do with the Club.....😉

22 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Why did a £1m state of the art hybrid pitch require over seeding in the first place - is it a total mystery to the Club? 🤔

30 minutes ago, Prof said:

1-0. 👍

Francis Albert
23 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It was already in a poor state well before 5/12. "Over-seeding it" which seems to have made it worse is now the excuse?

12 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

I see Cruickshank for Scotland is still trying to troll people who disagree with him.

Pot kettle black - arrange in any order.....

The Hogfather
23 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

No trolling from me, I have been happy to pass on any information I've been given. You, on the other hand, are just floating about this thread, adding comments like "1-0" because you're not able to contribute anything of note yourself. A shame, but not unexpected.

A symptom of the current Kickback.

25 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Between threatening reports to the Mods and posting shite like "1-0" or 🤣, You're having a shocker here. 

These people you're trying to cosy up to barely even notice you. How sad for you :( 

4 hours ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

The Club stonewalled the fans! I think they know what the problem is but are to frightened to admit to yet another cock up!

Yes that'll be it. 

It's all Levein fault. 

1 hour ago, Francis Albert said:

It was already in a poor state well before 5/12. "Over-seeding it" which seems to have made it worse is now the excuse?

No offence if I'm reading what you are saying wrong here but over seeding is not some kind of mistake, it actually helps grass rather than makes it worse. Over seeding is not being used as an excuse for anything.

Why Overseed?

LAWN OVERSEEDING

Give your lawn thicker growth, better color, and greater resistance to disease and drought!

WHAT IS OVERSEEDING?

Overseeding is the planting of grass seed directly into existing turf, without tearing up the turf, or the soil. It’s an easy way to fill in bare spots, improve the density of turf, establish improved grass varieties and enhance your lawn’s color.

If a lawn looks old, or just “worn out,” if it needs growing amounts of water and fertilizer to thrive, or is disease or insect prone, it’s a perfect candidate for overseeding.

Edited by graygo

31 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Between threatening reports to the Mods and posting shite like "1-0" or 🤣, You're having a shocker here. 

These people you're trying to cosy up to barely even notice you. How sad for you :( 

Hi Phil - what kept you?

What was the company that installed the Hybrid pitch.? 

If I ran that company I would be wanting to do everything to fix the problem. 

After all if word got round the sports stadium industry it could cost them a lot of business. 

11 minutes ago, graygo said:

No offence if I'm reading what you are saying wrong here but over seeding is not some kind of mistake, it actually helps grass rather than makes it worse. Over seeding is not being used as an excuse for anything.

Why Overseed?

LAWN OVERSEEDING

Give your lawn thicker growth, better color, and greater resistance to disease and drought!

WHAT IS OVERSEEDING?

Overseeding is the planting of grass seed directly into existing turf, without tearing up the turf, or the soil. It’s an easy way to fill in bare spots, improve the density of turf, establish improved grass varieties and enhance your lawn’s color.

If a lawn looks old, or just “worn out,” if it needs growing amounts of water and fertilizer to thrive, or is disease or insect prone, it’s a perfect candidate for overseeding.

Let’s hope it works and the pitch recovers by the end of January as we have been told, but that looks doubtful.

39 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No trolling from me, I have been happy to pass on any information I've been given. You, on the other hand, are just floating about this thread, adding comments like "1-0" because you're not able to contribute anything of note yourself. A shame, but not unexpected.

A symptom of the current Kickback.

Sorry but you said you were not prepared to pass on the information you were given by your pal the groundsman - only they were working on it and it would get better - that’s fair enough but with respect it was hardly a major contribution.

17 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Hi Phil - what kept you?

Sorry mate, some of us have better thing to do than to sit and troll folk on Kickback :) 

The Hogfather
9 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Sorry but you said you were not prepared to pass on the information you were given by your pal the groundsman - only they were working on it and it would get better - that’s fair enough but with respect it was hardly a major contribution.

If you had a record of treating others with a modicum of respect, maybe I'd have felt inclined to share more information with you. But since you're just rude to people who you disagree with, I didn't feel inclined to give you anything at all.

I disclosed one of the issues the ground staff felt was a contributing factor and you labelled it "nonsense". So forgive me if I don't care to share anything important with the likes of you.

3 minutes ago, Phil Dunphy said:

Sorry mate, some of us have better thing to do than to sit and troll folk on Kickback :) 

Now that doesn’t seem to be the case now does it! 🤔

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

If you had a record of treating others with a modicum of respect, maybe I'd have felt inclined to share more information with you. But since you're just rude to people who you disagree with, I didn't feel inclined to give you anything at all.

I disclosed one of the issues the ground staff felt was a contributing factor and you labelled it "nonsense". So forgive me if I don't care to share anything important with the likes of you.

Share it with others - I promise not to look. 😉

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Over seeding has not made the pitch worse.

8 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Don’t think so. At agm it was said that the had over-seeded it on 5/12 with low temperature germination grass. We should notice a difference by end January. 
Based on that I assumed that they knew there was an issue and were trying to remedy it. 

Cruickshank for Scotland I told you the other night give you your number which you declined I also said about me over on Wednesday but you weren’t at the game

Ricardo Shillyshally
16 minutes ago, 18grantmc74 said:

Cruickshank for Scotland I told you the other night give you your number which you declined I also said about me over on Wednesday but you weren’t at the game

This post is worse than the pitch

11 hours ago, Prof said:

The club must know what the issue is. The most worrying visual aspect, albeit from the stands, is ground compaction seems to be a major issue. Ground compaction shows itself up as poor drainage, reduced grass growth and limited germination. Having now looked at the photos of the concert at Tynecastle, it’s fairly obvious that the concert resulted in the ground compaction, which is the cause of all the damage. Frankly I cannot think of any situation that would permit large numbers of people onto a newly laid pitch.

If compaction caused by the concert was the issue why would the grass have recovered after the concert but failed several months later? The grass coverage looked pretty good and back to last season in September/Oct iirc. NB genuine question not being argumentative 👍

1 hour ago, 18grantmc74 said:

What would you say to him that can’t be written on here? It is good our ground keepers are willing to engage but while holding a pitchfork at half time to a disgruntled poster...? :D

1 hour ago, 18grantmc74 said:

:cornette: 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 hours ago, 18grantmc74 said:

:rofl:

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, 18grantmc74 said:

1-0. 

Am I doing this right?

5 minutes ago, Governor Tarkin said:

Offer of a square go, I think. :(

Come and have a go if ya think the pitch is not green enough😄

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Don’t think so. At agm it was said that the had over-seeded it on 5/12 with low temperature germination grass. We should notice a difference by end January. 
Based on that I assumed that they knew there was an issue and were trying to remedy it. 

Apologies I obviously misread the AGM comment as meaning earlier  over-seeding ( as in excessive seeding) as the problem rather than the attempted cure by over-seeding (as in re-seeding) on 5/12.

49 minutes ago, kila said:

What would you say to him that can’t be written on here? It is good our ground keepers are willing to engage but while holding a pitchfork at half time to a disgruntled poster...? :D

Tbf , I think if you changed disgruntled poster to annoying troll then there would prob be a queue of posters with pitchforks to chase Thomaso so they can read one thread without him arguing anything negative. At least i8 is insignificant , Thomaso used to be a poster worth reading....