Hybrid Pitch

kila

Adam_the_legend
4 minutes ago, djseant said:

Also there was a concert in August that couldn’t of done it any good? 

Won an award though so worth it 🙄🙄

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, djseant said:

Also there was a concert in August that couldn’t of done it any good? 

Could have compacted the roots - problem is the stage and seats were only on part of the pitch.

Just now, Adam_the_legend said:

Won an award though so worth it 🙄🙄

🤔 still £1 million for it must be something that says about the maintenance of it or some kind of warranty from the company that installed it?  It looked really tonight. With loads of games coming up I can’t see it improving anytime soon. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

ffs calm down Im only offering an possible suggestion but the sun is very low and the Gorgie end will not get much of it this time of year. Perhaps it was still so new. 

It is shite down the Roseburn end as well though.

Something really gone wrong this autumn. Is it that STRI/SIS were still involved in maintenance this time last year? Incredibly this high tech pitch is cutting up in the same way the previous pitches did. Is it a curse? Is it incompetent groundskeepers? Is it a disease that couldn't be averted and the groundkeepers are actually doing a great job mitigating it?

Big 3 week January break ahead for the club to fix it.

letsalldothebeattie

Looked like their was no grass on it in the corner between Main & Gorgie at full time. The way it’s going not going to be much of a pitch come full time of the Sheep game

1 hour ago, kila said:

Thought it played better than it looked but it is becoming quite a mess.

Imagine the state come the Aberdeen game!

First half the ball bobbled about a lot.

Pasquale for King
6 hours ago, Prof said:

The worrying thing is that ground compaction appears to be having a bad effect on the grass growth. Even coarse grass varieties will struggle in that environment.

Thanks for the info, I’ve actually learnt a lot from this thread. 

36 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Only we could spend £1.5 million on a pitch and to have it in a poorer state than it was a year ago

:vrface:

A year ago It was perfect. 

1 hour ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Right now we don’t know if the fault lies with the company who installed the pitch or the way it has been maintained - frankly I think the Club know the reason but stonewalled the fans at the AGM.

The high stands suggestion just doesn’t cut the mustard - teams in England have huge stadiums with high stands however their similar hybrid pitches are like carpets.

As has been pointed out the pitch was in good condition this time last year and we had high stands then.

Did nobody press Mrs Budge on her explanation regarding the pitch? 

What puzzles me is last year we were bragging about our wonderful new pitch and Hibs were getting pelters over the state of ER pitch. 

So somethings happened over the last year. 

To think budge was complaining a while back about how a few flares thrown on the park was going to cost money to repair the pitch 

Just now, theshed said:

To think budge was complaining a while back about how a few flares thrown on the park was going to cost money to repair the pitch 

A few flares 😊

Using the pitch being poor to justify throwing flares😅

16 minutes ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

What a greeting faced shower of ****s.

That's true but in this case they are spot on. 

The pitch stopped us from playing our usual brand of silky one touch football. 😁

Arthur Morgan

It's started already, Hibs fan on YouTube saying we let the pitch get in this state to stop teams from playing football every week :lol:

Honestly though the state it's in is embarrassing, other teams will be laughing at us and it also gives them an excuse if they lose.

Edited by Arthur Morgan

6 hours ago, gorgie rd eh11 said:

What a greeting faced shower of ****s.

Would normally agree with you on that. But you can’t look at that and not be embarrassed. It cost us £1M. That probably the overall wage bill of some of the teams we are currently sitting behind in the league!

Edited by E3OBE

What I can't understand either is where there is little or no grass at all there is no visable notice of the plastic fibres that are injected into the root zone but are supposed sit just above the ground at a height that the grass would never be cut to. 

40 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

What I can't understand either is where there is little or no grass at all there is no visable notice of the plastic fibres that are injected into the root zone but are supposed sit just above the ground at a height that the grass would never be cut to. 

Hybrid pitch is 96% real grass so I doubt you'd be able to notice anything from stands with naked eyes. Only my opinion though.

The Treasurer

The pitch doesn't look very good just now and not what we were led to believe it would look like when it was laid, but I thought it stood up pretty well last night despite the terrible conditions.

6 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

It's started already, Hibs fan on YouTube saying we let the pitch get in this state to stop teams from playing football every week :lol:

Honestly though the state it's in is embarrassing, other teams will be laughing at us and it also gives them an excuse if they lose.

we let our pitch die! 

Maroonblood22

Anyone else see Frimpong slip on his arse on it right in front of the BT cameras during the warm up? :lol: 

The pitch is in a state and unfortunately can't see it getting any better in the next few weeks.

1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

The pitch doesn't look very good just now and not what we were led to believe it would look like when it was laid, but I thought it stood up pretty well last night despite the terrible conditions.

Certainly not as bad as it used to be, small consolation I suppose. 

13 minutes ago, Barack said:

Was bored, so I did some comparative research.

Below, is Hearts v Hamilton on 26/12/18:

20191219_095727.jpg

Screenshot_20191219-095630_YouTube.jpg

Looks like carpet there. The difference is staggering.

10 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Looks like what a Hybrid Pitch should be like at this time of year. Something has went badly wrong but no one at the club willing to share this information. 

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

I'm probably wrong, but did we not re-lay the pitch around  this time last year or have I got muddled up with the time line (it does happen as I get more "mature")

Francis Albert
55 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I'm probably wrong, but did we not re-lay the pitch around  this time last year or have I got muddled up with the time line (it does happen as I get more "mature")

The hybrid was laid in close season  in summer of last year. It hasn't been relaid since then and should last many years more. Or should depending what exactly has gone wrong.

The pitch was relaid about two years ago but it didn't take so we went down the hybrid route.

Edited by Francis Albert

4 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

Hope they have not done a SRU and left the heating on to long and burnt the roots.

You would hope that would be part of the computerised system and it would turn it off automatically to prevent damage. For £1m I wouldn't expect anything less tbh!

12 hours ago, theshed said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🙈🙈🙈🇱🇻🇱🇻🇱🇻

The comparison photos from a year ago are shocking.

£1m tattie field, it's like a visual representation of the mismanagement at the club.

Huge expense for the pitch and squad with little value for money. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

The hybrid was laid in close season  in summer of last year. It hasn't been relaid since then and should last many years more. Or should depending what exactly has gone wrong.

The pitch was relaid about two years ago but it didn't take so we went down the hybrid route.

I could have sworn the new pitch was done this summer.

The old memory ain't what it used to be :sad:

Just now, The Treasurer said:

I could have sworn the new pitch was done this summer.

The old memory ain't what it used to be :sad:

If only there were a thread containing photos and time stamps :whistling:

11 hours ago, hoof.hearted said:

Hybrid pitch is 96% real grass so I doubt you'd be able to notice anything from stands with naked eyes. Only my opinion though.

Ours is at least 50% mud

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

See the AGM thread. 😎

The Club stonewalled the fans! I think they know what the problem is but are to frightened to admit to yet another cock up!

9 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Certainly not as bad as it used to be, small consolation I suppose. 

No consolation at all Dave! 😏

The Club stonewalled the fans! I think they know what the problem is but are to frightened to admit to yet another cock up!

Maybe. 

Francis Albert

Hard not to agree. The most monitored pitch ever. The suppliers and contractors must have been in to investigate. The monitoring and maintenance history will have been available to them. And an independent expert surely also pulled in. A thorough investigation must surely  have taken place on the outcome of a £1m purchase weeks if not months ago.

spent £!m and now seem to have the worst pitch in the league to match the team's performances. Something's gone wrong and it would be good to know what

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe. 

Come on Dave something just isn’t right! Getting the guy to stand up at the AGM with a pre-arranged script telling us they had no complaints from opposition teams FFS - no wonder they didn’t complain, most of them walked away with 3 points - and the pitch is deteriorating with every game!

Not for the first time has the Club stonewalled the fans going back to the real reasons for the over spend on the new stand.

Edited by Thomaso

10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Hard not to agree. The most monitored pitch ever. The suppliers and contractors must have been in to investigate. The monitoring and maintenance history will have been available to them. And an independent expert surely also pulled in. A thorough investigation must surely  have taken place on the outcome of a £1m purchase weeks if not months ago.

The club must know what the issue is. The most worrying visual aspect, albeit from the stands, is ground compaction seems to be a major issue. Ground compaction shows itself up as poor drainage, reduced grass growth and limited germination. Having now looked at the photos of the concert at Tynecastle, it’s fairly obvious that the concert resulted in the ground compaction, which is the cause of all the damage. Frankly I cannot think of any situation that would permit large numbers of people onto a newly laid pitch.

Edited by Prof

Seymour M Hersh
24 minutes ago, Prof said:

The club must know what the issue is. The most worrying visual aspect, albeit from the stands, is ground compaction seems to be a major issue. Ground compaction shows itself up as poor drainage, reduced grass growth and limited germination. Having now looked at the photos of the concert at Tynecastle, it’s fairly obvious that the concert resulted in the ground compaction, which is the cause of all the damage. Frankly I cannot think of any situation that would permit large numbers of people onto a newly laid pitch.

You seem awfully convinced of the issue after viewing it from the stand. Are you a professional in lawn/ pitch engineering?