Hybrid Pitch

kila

41 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t m think it will do us any harm against these horrible ***** tomorrow though. Lennon is guaranteed to mention it. 

Tommy Wright did.

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Thomaso

• kila

• Boris5115

• davemclaren

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, obua said:

Lennon will only mention it if we win, I hope he’s moaning like feck about it at the end of the game.

He will have a dig either way, hopefully no coins are thrown that he can take a dive. 

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Did he, another greeting faced bitter NI Man. 

"Against Hearts the conditions were not ideal, the pitch was poor and the wind was really bad" said the arsehole St Johnstone manager.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, slashishere said:

If only we hadn't been the first football club to hold a concert or gig on our pitch then we wouldn't be in this 'mess'

Oh - hang on - what's that? We're not the first!?!? and lots of clubs hold concerts and gigs and other events on their pitches?!?

Well **** me! Maybe it's not all linked to one ****ing gig over the summer and perhaps (you know for sake of argument) there's another underlying issue that perhaps people are trying to identify and resolve (perhaps all the salty tears from here?!?)

Hopefully. Did Aberdeen and Hibs not have problems after Elton John concerts 😆.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/elton-john-10-1316893

08281F5B-07AB-4292-A384-B35600CFD775.png

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

"Against Hearts the conditions were not ideal, the pitch was poor and the wind was really bad" said the arsehole St Johnstone manager.

Perfect for his style of football, we countered the press by hoofing it into the channels. 

Quite a few issues are obvious. Poor drainage, despite remedial work; prematch training tearing parts of pitch up and the fact that grass won’t start growing until March/April due to reduced sunlight and temperatures below 6 degrees.

42 minutes ago, Prof said:

Quite a few issues are obvious. Poor drainage, despite remedial work; prematch training tearing parts of pitch up and the fact that grass won’t start growing until March/April due to reduced sunlight and temperatures below 6 degrees.

Dropped a bag of this off at the stadium yesterday. 😊

https://www.progreen.co.uk/amvista-winter-grass-seed

2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Excellent news!  Did you go out and sow it yourself Dave? You really are a PHM! 😊

My back is aching today. Job done though. 😄

Just now, davemclaren said:

My back is aching today. Job done though. 😄

Well done you! 👍

27 minutes ago, graygo said:

If only we had undersoil heating to help the grass grow as well, or some of those fancy light things.

Oh well, roll on March/April.

Truce Grayco - let’s hope the combination of the application of low temperature grass, lights and under soil heating can rectify the pitch in the short timescale they are promising. 👍

49 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Dropped a bag of this off at the stadium yesterday. 😊

https://www.progreen.co.uk/amvista-winter-grass-seed

A lot will be dependant on winter temperatures. Winter grass can germinate at 5 degrees but it needs temperatures of 6-10 degrees for growth to occur. I said at the time that holding a concert would cause ground compaction, but the state of the pitch at section A/B Wheatfield looks poor and I don’t think that was where the concert damage occurred.

Edited by Prof

11 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Truce Grayco - let’s hope the combination of the application of low temperature grass, lights and under soil heating can rectify the pitch in the short timescale they are promising. 👍

Agreed, if it's not sorted by end of January I'm getting my pitchfork out and joining you. And it won't be to help sort the pitch out.

48 minutes ago, graygo said:

Agreed, if it's not sorted by end of January I'm getting my pitchfork out and joining you. And it won't be to help sort the pitch out.

😂👍

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, Prof said:

Indeed, but the pitch was fine at this time last year, what’s changed is the question?

5 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Indeed, but the pitch was fine at this time last year, what’s changed is the question?

The worrying thing is that ground compaction appears to be having a bad effect on the grass growth. Even coarse grass varieties will struggle in that environment.

6 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Need a bigger sunlight machine then🤔

11 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The state of that. A million quid. Wow.:laugh2:

Nowt wrong with it according to some on here. Oh and it will be fine in a couple of weeks. Absolute disgrace of a pitch. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely the company that installed it should be getting it fixed. 

Don't know how you fix that in winter. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 minute ago, Boris5115 said:

Don't know how you fix that in winter. 

They're the experts allegedly but I wasn't meaning it being fixed for the next home game just surely it's their responsibility. Unless of course we only got a 30 day guarantee period. 

Mentioned a few times on BT how poor it was and how hard to play on, for all those who say it plays OK tonight says otherwise, but  nobody seems to have remembered we spent £1 million on it and is reported to be one of the most state of the art monitored pitches in the world as that's never questioned.

Thought it played better than it looked but it is becoming quite a mess.

Imagine the state come the Aberdeen game!

Edited by kila

Luckily the pitch was shocking and Celtic couldn’t play proper football on it, on the other hand are we becoming the next Motherwell for bad pitches?

Hampden Demolition

The pitch was an utter disgrace. I don’t buy fans saying we have more important things to worry about - it is two completely separate entities. Budge and the board should be investigating this urgently with the company that supplied it. You look at other pitches in Scotland and they do not look like that. Ours is one of the most expensive in the country!

Sorry but despite assurances from the club that pitch is not going to get fixed any time soon. It is deteriorating with every game. 😖

Lennon was asked about it before the game and said it was a bit bare but ok. 
Very few slips tonight. 
but does look pretty poor. Not sure a great idea to put goals up on the worst part for the warm up either. 

It might be in poor condition but it must have some healing properties about it. The way these severely injured Celtic  players suddenly got up to take a free kicks there must be something in the pitch.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
31 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Surely the company that installed it should be getting it fixed. 

Its not a fantastic advert is it. 

We are looking amateurish 

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its not a fantastic advert is it. 

We are looking amateurish 

How? Because the pitch installers did a poor job? We may have to just deal with the fact that the steep stands around a tight pitch block out the sun in winter too readily. After all these stands go to make Tynecastle the atmospheric ground it is (or can be).  I'd like to think that the club will demand the company come up with a viable solution (at their expense). 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

How? Because the pitch installers did a poor job? We may have to just deal with the fact that the steep stands around a tight pitch block out the sun in winter too readily. After all these stands go to make Tynecastle the atmospheric ground it is (or can be).  I'd like to think that the club will demand the company come up with a viable solution (at their expense). 

Right now we don’t know if the fault lies with the company who installed the pitch or the way it has been maintained - frankly I think the Club know the reason but stonewalled the fans at the AGM.

The high stands suggestion just doesn’t cut the mustard - teams in England have huge stadiums with high stands however their similar hybrid pitches are like carpets.

As has been pointed out the pitch was in good condition this time last year and we had high stands then.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Right now we don’t know if the fault lies with the company who installed the pitch or the way it has been maintained - frankly I think the Club know the reason but stonewalled the fans at the AGM.

The high stands suggestion just doesn’t cut the mustard - teams in England have huge stadiums with high stands however their similar hybrid pitches are like carpets.

As has been pointed out the pitch was in good condition this time last year and we had high stands then.

Who maintains it? I thought we didn't have a groundsman anymore. The high stands certainly does cut the mustard in the winter. Add the tenements into the equation and I doubt the pitch gets much natural sunlight in wintertime even without our shitty weather. 

3 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Who maintains it? I thought we didn't have a groundsman anymore. The high stands certainly does cut the mustard in the winter. Add the tenements into the equation and I doubt the pitch gets much natural sunlight in wintertime even without our shitty weather. 

Can you explain why the pitch was in perfect condition this time a year ago where the stands and sun were in the same position as now?

2 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Yes we employ groundsmen.

The tenements do not shade the pitch anymore than the Stands.

You ignore my point that the Hybrid pitches in England are also shaded by high stands with no adverse effect.

Edinburgh gets winter weather no worse than huge parts of England with football grounds.

Seymour M Hersh
Just now, kila said:

Can you explain why the pitch was in perfect condition this time a year ago where the stands and sun were in the same position as now?

ffs calm down Im only offering an possible suggestion but the sun is very low and the Gorgie end will not get much of it this time of year. Perhaps it was still so new. 

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, Cruickshank for Scotland said:

Yes we employ groundsmen.

The tenements do not shade the pitch anymore than the Stands.

You ignore my point that the Hybrid pitches in England are also shaded by high stands with no adverse effect.

Edinburgh gets winter weather no worse than huge parts of England with football grounds.

Give it a ****ing rest. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Give it a ****ing rest. 

Fine I think we were done anyway. 👍

Adam_the_legend
12 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

We don’t have a groundsman anymore??