Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

The 24 hours started yesterday

If he asked for another 24 hours yesterday and we were ready with a pen for him, then we should have shown him the door yesterday. This is not a patience thing. This is a commitment thing. He is no use to us whatsoever unless he is 100% and dyes himself maroon !!! He's not good enough to give less than 100%

Escobar PHM

arsehole??  Bit harsh.

Its well documented that he's a bit of an arsehole. How would you describe a man who spent 3 days talking to us and ended up at ER ?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

If he asked for another 24 hours yesterday and we were ready with a pen for him, then we should have shown him the door yesterday. This is not a patience thing. This is a commitment thing. He is no use to us whatsoever unless he is 100% and dyes himself maroon !!! He's not good enough to give less than 100%

Couldn't agree less. He would be a bit naive not to explore all options on the table before deciding his future.

He doesn't owe us anything, if he signs for us welcome, if not that's entirely his prerogative.

Sent from my Swift 2 using Tapatalk

Dalstonjambo

I remember a story about a player who was told to sign for H1b5 there and then or he would never ever play for h1b5. He then spent his entire career absolutely hammering them at every opportunity. 

Sometimes it pays to be flexible.. 

(Before anyone says it, i'm not claiming Lafferty is the new robbo, just sometimes being stubborn doesn't help you)

Lot of vitriol towards a guy who is no doubt preparing himself to take a very large pay cut to pay for our club.

Cruyff Turn

If that's all hardly makes him unprofessional, too arrogant and too argumentative to be a footballer for Hearts.

Are we looking for angels or footballers, that's what I was getting at.

Most good footballers at any level are a bit of a dick in some way.

Even the best player in my Sunday league team was a right twat.

No one cares on match day.

This.

25/26 year old lad getting paid 30k a week to live in a lovely part of the world and have beautiful woman just throwing themselves at you, I mean ffs.

"Please Mr Lafferty, don't go to training today, stay with me instead."

49d8b755373ff4e322ba1e702dc53ea2--soccer

"These are my friend's,

can they join us."

1fa42d4ebea0259e2162452d6219d2da.jpg

8231637.jpg

Lafferty - "nah, got to go to training."

Its well documented that he's a bit of an arsehole.

People have been saying that's what we need in the team.

However if he's spent the last couple of days mulling over our offer then decides he wants to speak to Hibs then that puts a huge question mark over his commitment imo

Malcolm Tucker

Daza has gone quiet.

Notts doesn't have any info of this deal.

It's getting tense, folks.

Bazzas right boot

Couldn't agree less. He would be a bit naive not to explore all options on the table before deciding his future.

He doesn't owe us anything, if he signs for us welcome, if not that's entirely his prerogative.

Off course this is the case.

We of course Should have a deadline and no doubt have.

Folk are precious, we should only sign folk that are 100% Hearts.

Aye, let's get the jkb team back, they were 100% Hearts. Stick then in on match day.

People have been saying that's what we need in the team.

However if he's spent the last couple of days mulling over our offer then decides he wants to speak to Hibs then that puts a huge question mark over his commitment imo

Falling out with various managers, skipping training and not giving 100% is what we need in the team? There's no doubt he's talented but he will have to be kept under control big time. He threw the toys out the pram numerous times at Rangers on and off the pitch and certainly on the pitch he won't get half the leeway he did at them.

Jambos4life

It was stated that he was going back to tynecastle today, wonder what time that will be

RustyRightPeg

This is where u would think the club would make a statement of some sort

About what exactly?

Sutherland9, on 27 Jun 2017 - 12:31 PM, said:

About what exactly?

Something like "we have offered this ^^^^ a deal if he doesn't want it he can gtf"

Bazzas right boot

This.

25/26 year old lad getting paid 30k a week to live in a lovely part of the world and have beautiful woman just throwing themselves at you, I mean ffs.

"Please Mr Lafferty, don't go to training today, stay with me instead."

49d8b755373ff4e322ba1e702dc53ea2--soccer

"These are my friend's,

can they join us."

1fa42d4ebea0259e2162452d6219d2da.jpg

8231637.jpg

Lafferty - "nah, got to go to training."

I'd be late for training everyday.

Only by about 5 minutes tho.

Son Of Anarchy

Only for flappers ;) as a "only when scarf above head" kinda guy I'm chilled and enjoying this thread.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

We should have called a presser at midnight just to keep a few frothers happy!

Rudi'sleftfoot, on 27 Jun 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

I'd be late for training everyday.

Only by about 5 minutes tho.

Ya need to build up yer staying power :tiny:

Escobar PHM

Lot of vitriol towards a guy who is no doubt preparing himself to take a very large pay cut to pay for our club.

It would appear he is stalling. If this isn't giving the wrong message regarding his commitment to us or otherwise then I don't know what will.

To be honest this starts to look like a bit of an unnecessary punt now. Its got Tony Watt written all over it.

Bazzas right boot

Ya need to build up yer staying power :tiny:

That includes my dressing time.

But not my washing and teeth brushing time.

Just checked Barry Anderson's twitter page today for news and it appears to have all gone tits up.  :arry:

Son Of Anarchy

It would appear he is stalling. If this isn't giving the wrong message regarding his commitment to us or otherwise then I don't know what will.

To be honest this starts to look like a bit of an unnecessary punt now. Its got Tony Watt written all over it.

Is he? Looks like rumour/speculation/shit stirring to me.

Rudi'sleftfoot, on 27 Jun 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

That includes my dressing time.

But not my washing and teeth brushing time.

:tiny:

Scary the amounts of posters on here who think deals are started negotiated and completed all in 72 hours. Some deals take weeks and weeks to get over the line due to number of things.

Calm Down boys and girls .

Have had misgivings about this from the start and now he seems to be dicking us around would definitely move on. Tell him to jog on, Hearts.

Jambo 4 Ever

Falling out with various managers, skipping training and not giving 100% is what we need in the team? There's no doubt he's talented but he will have to be kept under control big time. He threw the toys out the pram numerous times at Rangers on and off the pitch and certainly on the pitch he won't get half the leeway he did at them.

This

As I have said before, he could be a Joey Barton type signing which we could do without

Like Hibs did with Robbo? That worked out well for them.

A known Hibs rag, generally days behind other papers reckons he is considering Hibs.

I'm not unduly concerned by Hibs. If he goes elsewhere it'll be because it suits him. He owes us nothing. Telling anyone to bolt because they're considering ALL options is totally counter productive IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fxxx the SPFL

None of us know what's going behind the scenes only Hearts and Lafferty will, we shall just have to wait and see what transpires.

RustyRightPeg

Have had misgivings about this from the start and now he seems to be dicking us around would definitely move on. Tell him to jog on, Hearts.

Don't understand. Just because the fact he's been in talks has been published to the media means that 2 days down the line we tell him to bolt. I bet numerous signings we've made over the past couple of years took more than two/three days of talks.

Bazzas right boot

Just for starters:

He winds up rival fans, got an Aberdeen player sent off, smacked a Celtic player likes a laugh, a beer and a shag.

Oh naw.

He's the demon in disguise.

I can only guess you are very young or very precious.

I want us to have a couple of arsehole wind up merchants, within reason.

We are a football team, not a book club.

http://www.hmfckickb...-kyle-lafferty/

http://www.hmfckickb...in-one-picture/

http://www.hmfckickb...lafferty-again/

http://www.hmfckickb...-lafferty-erse/

http://www.hmfckickb...n-deep-doo-doo/

http://www.hmfckickb...fferty-dirty-s/

http://www.hmfckickb...tys-simulation/

Utterly hated Lafferty at the Huns but I do not care if we signed Bashar al-Assad as long as he gave his all for our cause.

Like Hibs did with Robbo? That worked out well for them.

A known Hibs rag, generally days behind other papers reckons he is considering Hibs.

I'm not unduly concerned by Hibs. If he goes elsewhere it'll be because it suits him. He owes us nothing. Telling anyone to bolt because they're considering ALL options is totally counter productive IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bang on the cash!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

:laugh: aye, me too.

Not me. :smuggy:

I'd numb the shit out of it.

Jambo 4 Ever

you have pulled this out three times on this thread. 

because I was asked:

Ok, list them.

Daza has gone quiet.

Notts doesn't have any info of this deal.

Im catering for 2 weddings today and 4 hours into a 18 hour shift so i apologize in advance im not stressing over something i know is done. People need to relax and stop coming to conclusions. He has signed. Just a case of announcing it.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Why is he dicking us about? Friday sees the place, weekend relax, Monday financials and medical, Tuesday pen to paper, all seems pretty quick to me

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Utterly hated Lafferty at the Huns but I do not care if we signed Bashar al-Assad as long as he gave his all for our cause.

I'm the same.

This "not enough class for Hearts" is cringy as ****.

I'd probably draw the line at Assad *insert crass chemical weapons joke here*.

You couldn't doubt him commitment to the cause though.

Malcolm Tucker

Im catering for 2 weddings today and 4 hours into a 18 hour shift so i apologize in advance im not stressing over something i know is done. People need to relax and stop coming to conclusions. He has signed. Just a case of announcing it.

Haha, wasn't having a go chief. Just a bit bored :)

Bazzas right boot

Not me. :smuggy:

I'd numb the shit out of it.

Stroll in 3 days late starving and dehydrated, not able to walk 5metres !

And that's just the girls.....

As tenuous as links get.

Not tenuous at all if you knew who the name was! 

Archived