Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

Bowmans_Boot

Who gives a ****, if they play well.

We need a couple of selfish wankers in the team, a bit arrogance, a swagger. We've missed that for too long.

It's all about the Football.

We are trying to sign Football players not silver service butler's or nanny's.

I thought you didnt want him to sign for us, or did I pick you up wrongly?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We_are_the_Hearts

Latest from Millar...550ce7a595dff96772d036c806fd63d3.jpg

Is this boy no a bit of a Hibs dick? Sounds liek he is smarting that Lafferty is going to choose us?

Bazzas right boot

I thought you didnt want him to sign for us, or did I pick you up wrongly?

He's a about of a dick, but don't mind that.

So Make Some Noise..

Give the guy a break! He arrived on Friday and just because he hasn't committed to us by Monday, he's now an attention seeker etc etc etc. 

KB these days. :uhoh2:

Is this boy no a bit of a Hibs dick? Sounds liek he is smarting that Lafferty is going to choose us?

It certainly reads that way.

Morgaro Gomis

Exactly. To me those tweets scream that he's made it up, knows that he won't sign for Hibs and is trying to play it down.

Could it be as simple as ,

Friday - talks and negotiations

Monday - medical

Tuesday - sign contract written up by legal team.

Tuesday afternoon- scarf above head ?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So Make Some Noise..

Monday - medical

Seems too sensible mate! 

Prince Buaben

Monday - medical

Will he be making love by Wednesday ?

Fxxx the SPFL

There is something a bit fishy with this gig if he was going to sign he would have by now otherwise it looks like he is keeping his options open possibly hoping someone else may come in for him. Hopefully i am wrong.

If Lafferty hasn't signed by the end of today then the OP's source may be wrong.

The Real Maroonblood

Monday - medical

Stop being sensible.

So Make Some Noise..

There is something a bit fishy with this gig if he was going to sign he would have by now otherwise it looks like he is keeping his options open possibly hoping someone else may come in for him. Hopefully i am wrong.

If Lafferty hasn't signed by the end of today then the OP's source may be wrong.

Ray man - Think sensibly here! The club bring him up on Friday, show him around and probably pay for him and his bird to enjoy the weekend in Edinburgh before talking money on Monday. There is absolutely nothing fishy about the timing of this whatsoever. Ofcourse someone could come in with 1 or 2 grand more and tempt him at the 11th hour but that's just life. I honestly think folk are underestimating the fact that NI players will be desperate to work with the national teams Asst. manager in the build up to a world cup summer. We're firm favourites. 

Who gives a ****, if they play well.

We need a couple of selfish wankers in the team, a bit arrogance, a swagger. We've missed that for too long.

It's all about the Football.

We are trying to sign Football players not silver service butler's or nanny's.

Agree up to a point, but its a fine line between arrogance and swagger which are a good thing, and arrogance and swagger which is just another billy big baws........

The former I would welcome with open arms, but the latter, which I think Lafferty runs the risk of becoming if he's up here playing off both clubs against each other, I'm not keen on.

I think people have doubts due to how publicised the negotiations have been. Most signings usually takes this long to get over the line so nothing untoward going on. Although I could be completely wrong and Hibs will poach him at the last minute.

Rudolf's Mate

There is something a bit fishy with this gig if he was going to sign he would have by now otherwise it looks like he is keeping his options open possibly hoping someone else may come in for him. Hopefully i am wrong.

The OP could be correct with his info however anything can happen until he's put pen to paper.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Monday - medical

We don't do things like that. What are you thinking.  :sunny: 

Easy to be cynical about footballers, especially someone like KL but if all he wants to do is make sure he gets his next move right then I don't have an issue with it.

I'm confident our club has everything that he would need I'm in sure he will choose to come to us.

Bazzas right boot

Will he be making love by Wednesday ?

Yip and chilling by Friday and Saturday.

Bazzas right boot

I think people have doubts due to how publicised the negotiations have been. Most signings usually takes this long to get over the line so nothing untoward going on. Although I could be completely wrong and Hibs will poach him at the last minute.

Poach?

Hibs will swoop.

Said before, swooping is the way to do transfer business.

We'd better be swooping soon.

Kenny is alright, comes across very unbiased and is usually spot on with his info.

Lol.

I agree, if it was the cash, he'd be down south.

Nothing wrong with having opshunns.

I also don't think Craig is the type to be strung along and get the pish taken Out of him.

The situation seems to be that he has children (by first wife) resident in Scotland and has maybe decided he wants to be nearer them as they get older.  If Rangers/Celtic don't want him the next best thing is us or the vermin.  I would withdraw whatever we've offered, unless the reasons are exceptional, if he does not decide today as he has had plenty of time to think about it.

Bazzas right boot

The situation seems to be that he has children (by first wife) resident in Scotland and has maybe decided he wants to be nearer them as they get older. If Rangers/Celtic don't want him the next best thing is us or the vermin. I would withdraw whatever we've offered, unless the reasons are exceptional, if he does not decide today as he has had plenty of time to think about it.

Aye, set a deadline, I am sure Craig will.

He can make love on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but Saturday he should be at the toni maccaroni :) 

Son Of Anarchy

Give the guy a break! He arrived on Friday and just because he hasn't committed to us by Monday, he's now an attention seeker etc etc etc.

KB these days. :uhoh2:

Its not KL that's being called an attention seeker mate.

I've no idea who is taking their training but Lennon has been out the country.

He goes to Portugal and was certainly there a week or so ago because I know someone who was there at the same time and saw him.

Bazzas right boot

He can make love on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday but Saturday he should be at the toni maccaroni :)

If I was burying myself into his wife, I'd give big Toni's a pass.

Order in.

He is a hibby but he's actually a right good egg and one of the few to keep it level headed and fair when so many were taking ridiculous pot-shots at Cathro.

Worth grabbing him on Twitter if folk have questions about it. He's always happy to blether.

93b4265105f6e00a668251a7797e7aa2.jpg

Seems too sensible mate! 

Monday - medical

Absolutely this. There is a lot to sort out and the days fly by, you know the older you are the faster they go.  I know from running my own business there is more ofter than not a hold up with commitment/signing of contracts etc. This doesn't mean it won't happen, unlike when I have a client signing off on a reasonably short term project, this is a commitment to the next few years of his life - why would you rush into that regardless. 

Morgaro Gomis

He is a hibby but he's actually a right good egg and one of the few to keep it level headed and fair when so many were taking ridiculous pot-shots at Cathro.

Worth grabbing him on Twitter if folk have questions about it. He's always happy to blether.

Agree with this, but I still reckon he's guessed about KL (or at the least, been sold a dummy by his source) and is now covering himself due to him looking likely to sign for us.

I could be wrong though.

I have belief that the scarf above head photo will surface today.

Regards Lafferty, and the seeming age to get the deal done, let's not forget that there are other players getting shown around and signed up (hopefully) too.  That will take time for the management to speak to them also.

Tynecastlesmychurch

Yasss!

Jambos4life

I have faith in your knowledge mate

Bazzas right boot

What colour will da scarf be tho!

John Findlay

Day of rest on Thursday?

Bazzas right boot

Day of rest on Thursday?

Waking up next to his miss's, I'm guessing there isn't many days of rest!

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

All Hibs fans like Ian Cathro. All of them.

Bazzas right boot

A triumvirate of signings to be unleashed. Soon.

A triumvirate of "swoops".

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

Not a doubt in my mind. I'll let others take a turn to get wound up over nothing.

Almost 30 which is old for a forward, and for the last 3 years increasingly hasn't played much football and scored very few goals over that time - for someone who will undoubtedly become the club's highest paid player, it's a big big risk, might have been a better long term gamble to go for Stevie May.

Amazing wife though.

Jambo 4 Ever

Almost 30 which is old for a forward, and for the last 3 years increasingly hasn't played much football and scored very few goals over that time - for someone who will undoubtedly become the club's highest paid player, it's a big big risk, might have been a better long term gamble to go for Stevie May.

Amazing wife though.

yeh... and we are probably wasting all this time on trying to get him, when we could be looking at someone else instead

Bungalow Bill

Hope we don't see ourselves in a situation where we've paid for flights and accommodation for Lafferty and he then chooses Hibs. That would be a kick in the nuts.

Absolutely this. There is a lot to sort out and the days fly by, you know the older you are the faster they go.  I know from running my own business there is more ofter than not a hold up with commitment/signing of contracts etc. This doesn't mean it won't happen, unlike when I have a client signing off on a reasonably short term project, this is a commitment to the next few years of his life - why would you rush into that regardless. 

This!

Presume no-one here has ever dealt with a contract and lawyers on both sides? I've had deals that have been agreed in principle that have taken months of going back and forward between lawyers just because of a single word in a single clause in a 30+ page contract. 

Bungalow Bill

yeh... and we are probably wasting all this time on trying to get him, when we could be looking at someone else instead

We will be looking at someone else. Also it's not even July!

Lafferty would be a typical Levein and team signing. Long contract, big wage and would get very little out of him. For me he's a bit too "Hibernian-esque" to be a Hearts player. At Rangers he was arrogant, argumentative and thinks he's a big shot. The type that Hibs over the years seem to attract. I'd rather we'd gone for someone like Boyce (too late now) or the Motherwell guy Louis Moult. Cheaper, less risk with potential sell-on value. If he is to sign, I fear (hopefully wrong) that he'll be another waste of space along the likes of Sammon and Martin.

Archived