Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

But you forgot Lafferty  is a rich  man and has no need to free load plus why would he feck about with his career and put in jeopardy his world cup place with NI.??

Ha aye there is that.

He's not coming to Scotland for the money that's for sure and if he doesn't come to us then Nanny MacPhee won't be able to ensure he's in that WC squad!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Escobar PHM

a lot of folk question his goal scoring record being poor. yet not seen anyone mention fact much of his career he has not played as out and out striker.

if you were to look at his goal scoring record while playing as a striker I am pretty sure be decent (as his international record reflects)

Are we planning to play him as a stiker given that we are almost completely bereft of wide attacking players now ?

But you forgot Lafferty is a rich man and has no need to free load plus why would he feck about with his career and put in jeopardy his world cup place with NI.??

I think you have misunderstood the post you are replying to.

Pretty sure he's talking about the Adams family from Leith.

Bazzas right boot

Wouldn't make me upset at all - I just don't get the hype around him, and don't think he is all that good.... and will be one of these players who thinks he is better than he is, and is probably not the best rolemodel for our younger players - comes across as arrogant, argumentative, and a show off.

So please stop assuming things about me

Arrogant, argumentative and a show off is what we need?

You know we're a Football team not a knitting club?

He could be a great role model, what are you basing all this on?

Your mum tell you he's a bad man who drinks beer and humps beautiful women and to avoid folk like that incase he break's your heart?

Escobar PHM

But you forgot Lafferty  is a rich  man and has no need to free load plus why would he feck about with his career and put in jeopardy his world cup place with NI.??

I must have missed FIFA giving Northern Ireland a bye to the World Cup

RustyRightPeg

Are we planning to play him as a stiker given that we are almost completely bereft of wide attacking players now ?

Hoping that we use a wing back system to provide that width as is becoming more and more common nowadays.

Generic Username

Partly agree but he chooses to take a wage from the "paper" that most people including yourself view as abhorrent.   Its beyond guilt by association , its a conscious decision to work for a scum paper by taking a wage he endorses the paper.  He as a person / journalist are discredited by him endorsing the "paper". 

I think The Sun is a rag and I'd never buy it or advocate buying it but you'll be hard pushed to find a better, more thorough young journalist working at a major news paper. This isn't "he must be good because he works at The Sun" - he's good in spite of that fact because it must be very easy to just fall in and cover the Old Firm constantly.

I appreciate it's hard to separate the two things here. You see "Sun journalist Kenny Miller" and automatically turn your nose up/get angry given the publication in question. You can still hate The Sun and all it stands for and be disgusted at what it's done before and accept that Kenny is a solid and dependable source.

Or you can't, in which case you get to keep thinking he's a Hibs dick. The world will keep spinning.

a lot of folk question his goal scoring record being poor. yet not seen anyone mention fact much of his career he has not played as out and out striker.

if you were to look at his goal scoring record while playing as a striker I am pretty sure be decent (as his international record reflects)

Correct, think he would do more work around the box with the hope of isma getting most the goals

Lord Beni of Gorgie

They aren't there which is correct, but the players that want to go to a World Cup have to assume they are going to be successful. I think you know that though

So Make Some Noise..

Some utter pish doing the rounds on here today like.

Tell a boy to bolt for not having the scarf above his head within 72 hours of coming for talks. #cringefest

confident :lol:

Jumping the gun a wee bit are we not

A former pro football coach who is the father of one of Lafferty's close friends in the game, and senior internationalist, confirmed it. It's being dragged out a tad but it's a done deal folks.

Jambo 4 Ever

Arrogant, argumentative and a show off is what we need?

You know we're a Football team not a knitting club?

He could be a great role model, what are you basing all this on?

Your mum tell you he's a bad man who drinks beer and humps beautiful women and to avoid folk like that incase he break's your heart?

basing it on his previous antics - there are many threads on here too where others are saying exactly the same thing!

maroonlegions

I meant his place  in the NI squad with a chance to progress.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Who cares if Lafferty is a bit of a dick? No-one's forcing you to have a pint with the guy. If he does a good job then it doesn't really matter.

A former pro football coach who is the father of one of Lafferty's close friends in the game, and senior internationalist, confirmed it. It's being dragged out a tad but it's a done deal folks.

i like it

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Could be a system where you have a keeper and 3 central defenders, 2 wing backs and a target man, the other 4 will then play around the target man trying to exploit the pockets of space, feed the wing backs and get bodies into the box. That's what I see happening, not really that clever

maroonlegions

I think you have misunderstood the post you are replying to.

Pretty sure he's talking about the Adams family from Leith.

Nope, seen nothing in that post that referenced to such a family doon Leith.

Ibrahim Tall

But you forgot Lafferty is a rich man and has no need to free load plus why would he feck about with his career and put in jeopardy his world cup place with NI.??

Laffertys NI place is safe, he's started while barely playing at all at Norwich and he'll still start whether he's at Hibs, Hearts or anyone else. It's Northern Ireland, he's their 2nd top record goalsorer and they've hardly got Higuain and Dybala in reserve.

If he doesn't sign today i would be tempted to tell him to bolt especially if it is to speak to the tramps.

That seems a bit daft! Should we only sign players who see playing for hearts as the absolute pinnacle?

I'm sure Osman Sow had at least spoken to Hibs at some stage.

William H. Bonney

As tenuous as links get.

I sense a drop in confidence from daza. Last night he was prettu much definitely signing today. Now he believes he will sign today.

William H. Bonney

I sense a drop in confidence from daza. Last night he was prettu much definitely signing today. Now he believes he will sign today.

Dead cert were his words.

Why isn't he used as a striker more if he's more than efficient then?  

They aren't there which is correct, but the players that want to go to a World Cup have to assume they are going to be successful. I think you know that though

Not necessarily, Lafferty has done zip for Norwich/Birmingham/some Turkish mob and still gets his game for NI.  In fact, I'm sure he's picked up injuries whilst playing for his country then spent ages out his club team. It is a massive gamble to take on the player but if it pays off we will reap the dividends.  

Bazzas right boot

basing it on his previous antics - there are many threads on here too where others are saying exactly the same thing!

Ok, list them.

Why isn't he used as a striker more if he's more than efficient then?  

not sure your point JJ...my point is simply his goal scoring record has to take into he has not always played as a out and out striker. he has often played out wide.

if you don't agree that he has played other positions in his time and that this would impact a players goal ratio...then fair enough

Totally agree that our management team should tell our top striking target to bolt, can't have anyone making a few spammers on JKB a little impatient now can we. Who cares what he'd bring to the team.

Let me get this right i am a spammer cause i don't want a player ripping the urine out our club. I want lafferty to sign and i hope all the chat is rubbish but after 3 days if he wants to speak to hibs or anyone else i would rather we moved on. If we had got Boyce we wouldn't be speaking to him anyway

Hagar the Horrible

The evening news know feck all!!!!

The sad thing is we once a time used to all have to rely on getting our news from a newspaper that not only was hours/days behind a story, but nearly always inacurate even at time of publishing, but the reporters were making it all up and not realy ITK that much, but we all swallowed up an individuals opinion as gospel and that the masses also share the diatribe?   The relaity is the written media is obsolete, we a re all journos now, we all have a voice, and we all get the chance to offer our unedited voices to a world wide audience. 

No journo is now respected, their power is dead, and nobody has bothered to mark the grave with a stone

Bazzas right boot

They have been further back.

If that's all hardly makes him unprofessional, too arrogant and too argumentative to be a footballer for Hearts.

Are we looking for angels or footballers, that's what I was getting at.

Most good footballers at any level are a bit of a dick in some way.

Even the best player in my Sunday league team was a right twat.

No one cares on match day.

Escobar PHM

According to EEN he's taking another 24 hours to decide?

This doesn't sound to me like a 100% committed player who really REALLY wants to be at Hearts. He just wants to be anywhere he will get a game frankly. Doesn't bode well IMO. We've enough players who don't give a toss about the colour of the shirt.

Sign today or we should look elsewhere. I am sure we can find someone good for the sort of money we'd be paying Mr Decisive there.

not sure your point JJ...my point is simply his goal scoring record has to take into he has not always played as a out and out striker. he has often played out wide.

if you don't agree that he has played other positions in his time and that this would impact a players goal ratio...then fair enough

If his goal scoring record is very good when played up front then I just wonder why he's not played there as often in that case.  It will be very interesting to see how he's utilized if he signs, I would guess assurances will be made that he will be the number 1 forward.  

This doesn't sound to me like a 100% committed player who really REALLY wants to be at Hearts. He just wants to be anywhere he will get a game frankly. Doesn't bode well IMO. We've enough players who don't give a toss about the colour of the shirt.

Sign today or we should look elsewhere. I am sure we can find someone good for the sort of money we'd be paying Mr Decisive there.

evening news knows **** all

If his goal scoring record is very good when played up front then I just wonder why he's not played there as often in that case.  It will be very interesting to see how he's utilized if he signs, I would guess assurances will be made that he will be the number 1 forward.  

I never said his goalscoring record was "very good"...my words "I am pretty sure be decent" goal ratio if take only his record as out and out striker

but to answer your question why he may have not played as often as a striker is that players that are versatile often to struggle to hold down one position due to fact as soon as injury or suspension will be shifted.

to use a hearts example Eggert jonsson. his position of choice was holding midfield. but as soon as we had full back or centre half issue he would be shifted to cover. he could never get a run at one position for sustained period.

Escobar PHM

evening news knows **** all

Probably true, but if this arsehole really wants 24 hours to talk to Hibs I hope we shake his hand and walk

You "come across" as a snidey, sarcastic, trolling grass,who's got the intellect of a coco pop.

That's just an assumption, for the avoidance of doubt.

I'm sure you've changed a lot since your first post on here though.

We'll all forgive & forget, shall we?

Harsh on the Coco Pop imo.

Rudolf's Mate

Probably true, but if this arsehole really wants 24 hours to talk to Hibs I hope we shake his hand and walk

I'm not convinced this is happening however if true **** shaking his hand [emoji23]

maroonlegions

arsehole??  Bit harsh.

Rudolf's Mate

How many pages before he's signed or not? I'm going 25

If he doesn't sign then this thread could go on and on and on [emoji85]

Archived