Kyle Lafferty signs 2 year deal with Hearts ( merged )

dazajmbo

All roads lead to Gorgie

Be patient. It took weeks of angst but we finally got Oshinawa.

To think we were all going to converge on the airport to welcome this Rolls Royce of a player as well. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jambo 4 Ever

I hope we get him.

It'll make you upset.

Except, you're not really upset.

Wouldn't make me upset at all - I just don't get the hype around him, and don't think he is all that good.... and will be one of these players who thinks he is better than he is, and is probably not the best rolemodel for our younger players - comes across as arrogant, argumentative, and a show off.

So please stop assuming things about me

To think we were all going to converge on the airport to welcome this Rolls Royce of a player as well.

I was one of them

:facepalm:

maroonlegions

Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty is set to sign for Hearts despite last-gasp interest from Edinburgh rivals Hibs. (Daily Record)

JS123626309.jpg

Lafferty with Austin.

Lafferty has been sold on the idea of continuing his career with Hearts.

Lafferty would be a typical Levein and team signing. Long contract, big wage and would get very little out of him. For me he's a bit too "Hibernian-esque" to be a Hearts player. At Rangers he was arrogant, argumentative and thinks he's a big shot. The type that Hibs over the years seem to attract. I'd rather we'd gone for someone like Boyce (too late now) or the Motherwell guy Louis Moult. Cheaper, less risk with potential sell-on value. If he is to sign, I fear (hopefully wrong) that he'll be another waste of space along the likes of Sammon and Martin.

according to boyce's international manager, Michael O'Neill, we had agreed a fee with RC for him. he was advised to take a chance on the English championship at this point in his career. so it would seem we tried to get him.

Malcolm Tucker

Hope we don't see ourselves in a situation where we've paid for flights and accommodation for Lafferty and he then chooses Hibs. That would be a kick in the nuts.

Be amazing if we paid for flights from Glasgow for him tbf.

SPARE NO EXPENSE.

Generic Username

Agree with this, but I still reckon he's guessed about KL (or at the least, been sold a dummy by his source) and is now covering himself due to him looking likely to sign for us.

I could be wrong though.

Kenny is literally the least "Hibs" Hibs fan there is going. He's also one of the few at The Sun who won't put their name to a story unless they've actually done some work on it first.

Unlike Keith Jackson who has a dart board with various fantasy signings/scenarios about Rangers and whatever he hits that day goes in the paper.

maroonlegions

Lafferty would be a typical Levein and team signing. Long contract, big wage and would get very little out of him. For me he's a bit too "Hibernian-esque" to be a Hearts player. At Rangers he was arrogant, argumentative and thinks he's a big shot. The type that Hibs over the years seem to attract. I'd rather we'd gone for someone like Boyce (too late now) or the Motherwell guy Louis Moult. Cheaper, less risk with potential sell-on value. If he is to sign, I fear (hopefully wrong) that he'll be another waste of space along the likes of Sammon and Martin.

What a utter pile of shite.   :poopile:

He is a very good striker and in the plans from the NI world cup squad. :laugh4:

Wouldn't make me upset at all - I just don't get the hype around him, and don't think he is all that good.... and will be one of these players who thinks he is better than he is, and is probably not the best rolemodel for our younger players - comes across as arrogant, argumentative, and a show off.

Do we know if he's specifically all those things these days? Have you kept track?

I'll be honest and say I've only heard or seen snippets of him in the last few years but mostly have been good with Northern Ireland.

Maybe he's matured and controlling the alleged faults he has while remaining competitive and driven as a player?

The bottom line is, Hearts are back at square one. If it means a couple of arseholes for a couple seasons help bring back pride on the pitch then I'll take it.

Some Hearts fans are so precious. Had enough of lightweight, tippy tappy players who are too nice or have no self pride.

Clerry Jambo

Correct Debut, we need a couple of arseholes to stir up the Tynie passions again.

Been far too quiet for my liking although results were down to that.

Lafferty would be a typical Levein and team signing. Long contract, big wage and would get very little out of him. For me he's a bit too "Hibernian-esque" to be a Hearts player. At Rangers he was arrogant, argumentative and thinks he's a big shot. The type that Hibs over the years seem to attract. I'd rather we'd gone for someone like Boyce (too late now) or the Motherwell guy Louis Moult. Cheaper, less risk with potential sell-on value. If he is to sign, I fear (hopefully wrong) that he'll be another waste of space along the likes of Sammon and Martin.

Not exactly cheaper tho when you consider transfer fees these two would cost

Delicious irony right there as you have made umpteen assumptions about Lafferty.

Well played.

Lafferty would be a typical Levein and team signing. Long contract, big wage and would get very little out of him. For me he's a bit too "Hibernian-esque" to be a Hearts player. At Rangers he was arrogant, argumentative and thinks he's a big shot. The type that Hibs over the years seem to attract. I'd rather we'd gone for someone like Boyce (too late now) or the Motherwell guy Louis Moult. Cheaper, less risk with potential sell-on value. If he is to sign, I fear (hopefully wrong) that he'll be another waste of space along the likes of Sammon and Martin.

ridiculous statement

Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty is set to sign for Hearts despite last-gasp interest from Edinburgh rivals Hibs. [/size](Daily Record)

JS123626309.jpg

Lafferty with Austin.

i

I hope that's not Lafferty driving the car!! He looks ancient?

Rudolf's Mate

Remember Bruno? On the pitch he was a complete arsehole to opponents however he was loved by our support.

I miss that guy :sob:

Correct Debut, we need a couple of arseholes to stir up the Tynie passions again.

Been far too quiet for my liking although results were down to that.

Well CJ, it's a double edged sword.

Players need to bring the performances and results to get fans onside but I know backing from the stands can still be better.

Be patient. It took weeks of angst but we finally got Oshinawa.

And it's taking weeks of angst to get rid of him.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Rudolf's Mate

And it's taking weeks of angst to get rid of him.

:touche:

Though I'd counter with months [emoji853]

i

I hope that's not Lafferty driving the car!! He looks ancient?

Now that looks even more promising for today ... that is Scot Gardiner the Hearts Managing Director driving ... can only be hours away from the scarf above the head moment now ;)

Jambo 4 Ever

Delicious irony right there as you have made umpteen assumptions about Lafferty.

Well played.

I said "comes across" not "he is" - there is a difference -

:touche:

Though I'd counter with months [emoji853]

I was going to put weeks of angst watching him play as well. But i felt that was taking it too far.

Don't do irony do you?

Rudolf's Mate

I was going to put weeks of angst watching him play as well. But i felt that was taking it too far.

Not far enough imo [emoji85]

Lord Beni of Gorgie

yeh... and we are probably wasting all this time on trying to get him, when we could be looking at someone else instead

All of this time :rofl:

A few days!!! You are a shit troll as Geoff would say

Source Scotsmen.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Kyle Lafferty will take another?24 hours to contemplate his future, with Hibs having now entered the race to capture the Hearts target....

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Northern Ireland striker Kyle Lafferty is set to sign for Hearts despite last-gasp interest from Edinburgh rivals Hibs. [/size](Daily Record)

JS123626309.jpg

This is the same photo used to say he was "departing" the other day.

Lafferty with Austin.

That was yesterday

Funny how they just tweeted it minutes ago.

Hearts,like all clubs have signed reasonable players who just don't fit in. If he signs and does't consistently put the ball in the net the hibs fans will piss therselves laughing.Just don't get yourselves to excited.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

That was yesterday

Plus the fact the resulting link on the tweet is dated 27th June 2017 at 6am.

If he doesn't sign today i would be tempted to tell him to bolt especially if it is to speak to the tramps.

We_are_the_Hearts

If he doesn't sign today i would be tempted to tell him to bolt especially if it is to speak to the tramps.

Defo where i am at

Escobar PHM

Kenny is literally the least "Hibs" Hibs fan there is going. He's also one of the few at The Sun who won't put their name to a story unless they've actually done some work on it first.

He is a Sun journalist FFS. The highest level he can therefore reach in life is 'scummy horrible pondlife cretinous arsehole' That's as good as it gets for a Sun journalist.

Ibrahim Tall

Tbh getting of that opinion to, its Kyle Lafferty not Sergio Aguero. While a good addition he isn't going to come in and score 25+ goals and entirely change our prospects. Even in a decent Hun side with good service he struggled to get double figures.

Generic Username

He is a Sun journalist FFS. The highest level he can therefore reach in life is 'scummy horrible pondlife cretinous arsehole' That's as good as it gets for a Sun journalist.

There is absolutely no argument from me that The Sun is a total rag and has a long, rich history of frankly abhorrent behaviour. I also understand the "guilty by association" angle you may be using, however Kenny and his abilities as a journalist aren't automatically discredited because of where he works.

Like I say though, I totally understand the bile many will have towards that particular paper, just know that he's actually good at his job and not a total spanner like Jackson.

Tbh getting of that opinion to, its Kyle Lafferty not Sergio Aguero. While a good addition he isn't going to come in and score 25+ goals and entirely change our prospects. Even in a decent Hun side with good service he struggled to get double figures.

Patience is a virtue.

JamboRitchie08

I concur

You know the family on A Place in the Sun that fake having ?1M in the bank and wanting to spend it on an Italian olive farm, they get taken over for a free holiday and shown all these amazing properties and in the end they say "We'll just come back another time, but thanks for the free holiday advice" they then head off home to their ?40k council house in Bradford.

That's what's happening here!

Totally agree that our management team should tell our top striking target to bolt, can't have anyone making a few spammers on JKB a little impatient now can we. Who cares what he'd bring to the team.

a lot of folk question his goal scoring record being poor. yet not seen anyone mention fact much of his career he has not played as out and out striker.

if you were to look at his goal scoring record while playing as a striker I am pretty sure be decent (as his international record reflects)

maroonlegions

You know the family on A Place in the Sun that fake having ?1M in the bank and wanting to spend it on an Italian olive farm, they get taken over for a free holiday and shown all these amazing properties and in the end they say "We'll just come back another time, but thanks for the free holiday advice" they then head off home to their ?40k council house in Bradford.

That's what's happening here!

But you forgot Lafferty  is a rich  man and has no need to free load plus why would he feck about with his career and put in jeopardy his world cup place with NI.??

Source Scotsmen.

HAVE YOUR SAY

Kyle Lafferty will take another?24 hours to contemplate his future, with Hibs having now entered the race to capture the Hearts target....

Calling guff on this. Hibsman desperate to throw fish to their seals.

bringonthesevco

There is absolutely no argument from me that The Sun is a total rag and has a long, rich history of frankly abhorrent behaviour. I also understand the "guilty by association" angle you may be using, however Kenny and his abilities as a journalist aren't automatically discredited because of where he works.

Like I say though, I totally understand the bile many will have towards that particular paper, just know that he's actually good at his job and not a total spanner like Jackson.

Partly agree but he chooses to take a wage from the "paper" that most people including yourself view as abhorrent.   Its beyond guilt by association , its a conscious decision to work for a scum paper by taking a wage he endorses the paper.  He as a person / journalist are discredited by him endorsing the "paper". 

Thought Police

Partly agree but he chooses to take a wage from the "paper" that most people including yourself view as abhorrent. Its beyond guilt by association , its a conscious decision to work for a scum paper by taking a wage he endorses the paper. He as a person / journalist are discredited by him endorsing the "paper".

What if it's the only job going? The newspaper industry isn't exactly booming right now

Archived