The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

Outta all this saga I'd like the club to re-evaluate its relationship with agents and who we work with etc. Here's a wee story of how agents work, in my experience. My friend plays in the Premier League and recently parted ways with his agent of the time. I've sat in the players lounge with his family nearly every 2nd Saturday for the past three seasons. As soon as other agents had caught wind of his imminent departure from his current agent, you couldn't move in the players lounge without an agent trying to push you to push him. They tried to get in the ear of his brother, his wife, his mum, sister in law, me, his dad, basically anyone who would listen. For the two months he was in between agents we had been given a private box at Man City for the champions league games. We got free adidas Merch, Nike Merch and Puma. Treated to fancy meals at fancy restaurants etc all in a bid to win the role as his agent. As soon as he signed to his new agent, the player lounge was empty. Everyone of those agents in that players lounge for those two months had two intentions. Get the contract to represent him and to find him a new club. Hearts will have a similar scenario weekly in the players lounge, hospitality etc. Agents looking to win contracts and get players moves. If Jamie stays at Hearts and signs a new deal, am almost certain his agent gets nowhere near the money he would from securing Jamie a cash move. Why would an agent want his player to stay a club long term? It has barely any benefit to him, at our level, folk like messi's agent etc will be making huge sums just by keeping him in a contract at Barca (and avoiding tax), but at Jamie's level it's all about moves.

With the premier league in England constantly brain washing us and throwing ridiculous amounts of money around, it's all most impossible for us as a club to keep our players grounded about progressing their careers. Players talk, they all know each other's business and who makes what. It's all about keeping up with the jonesies so to speak. Jamie will still be friends with Holt, Wilson etc and he'll be hearing weekly if not daily about money and how much they make etc. It's only natural for his head to be turned. The EPL is killing our game. The money that is pumped into it and the money that filters down into the championship is killing our game. We have a product that can easy compete with the championship and we have access to European football yet players will always choose there over here.

Money and agents. The devils work.

This discussion is about JW trying to engineer a move to Rangers. Moving to Rangers is hardly progression and trying to draw comparisons with the EPL is ridiculous.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Levein would gain credit at this time if he sent Walker out to loan until he eventually goes.  It also sends a  token message to other players.

Big Slim Stylee

Levein would gain credit at this time if he sent Walker out to loan until he eventually goes.  It also sends a  token message to other players.

I believe Cowdenbeath is lovely this time of year.

I believe Cowdenbeath is lovely this time of year.

How about just let the brainless little prick, train on his own and realise what an absolute feckin erse he has been.

Governor Tarkin

There really is some utter pish spouted on here. People expressing honest and reasoned opinions are viewed as "haters" or as having an "agenda". Or alternatively having some kind of love of Rangers. Let's not forget the expression of "seethe " either

What an absolutely hideous place

:greatpost:

Nelly Terraces

People making excuses for this guy are utterly pathetic. He's not a child - he's a 24 year old man ffs, and should be fully aware of what his career options are and what the people he has hired to represent him, and act on his behalf are doing to enhance or stabilise it, so ignorance is no excuse.

He has been dreadful for a continued period of time, and to be honest I'm wondering if this guy is merely Championship level material only. Whatever, he should act like a responsible adult and either buckle down to play to the best of his abilities (and thus increase his chances a bigger/better club coming in to offer him employment for increased remuneration/conditions), or leave football and retrain for an alternative career.

People making excuses for this guy are utterly pathetic. He's not a child - he's a 24 year old man ffs, and should be fully aware of what his career options are and what the people he has hired to represent him, and act on his behalf are doing to enhance or stabilise it, so ignorance is no excuse.

He has been dreadful for a continued period of time, and to be honest I'm wondering if this guy is merely Championship level material only. Whatever, he should act like a responsible adult and either buckle down to play to the best of his abilities (and thus increase his chances a bigger/better club coming in to offer him employment for increased remuneration/conditions), or leave football and retrain for an alternative career.

This. Folk seem keen to paint him as some sort of oblivious naive 'special' case who entrusts 100% of everything, from contract agreements to wiping his arse to his agent. 

The Agent might be a hun sycophant but Walker has to act on it. 

maroonnicky63

Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

Outta all this saga I'd like the club to re-evaluate its relationship with agents and who we work with etc. Here's a wee story of how agents work, in my experience. My friend plays in the Premier League and recently parted ways with his agent of the time. I've sat in the players lounge with his family nearly every 2nd Saturday for the past three seasons. As soon as other agents had caught wind of his imminent departure from his current agent, you couldn't move in the players lounge without an agent trying to push you to push him. They tried to get in the ear of his brother, his wife, his mum, sister in law, me, his dad, basically anyone who would listen. For the two months he was in between agents we had been given a private box at Man City for the champions league games. We got free adidas Merch, Nike Merch and Puma. Treated to fancy meals at fancy restaurants etc all in a bid to win the role as his agent. As soon as he signed to his new agent, the player lounge was empty. Everyone of those agents in that players lounge for those two months had two intentions. Get the contract to represent him and to find him a new club. Hearts will have a similar scenario weekly in the players lounge, hospitality etc. Agents looking to win contracts and get players moves. If Jamie stays at Hearts and signs a new deal, am almost certain his agent gets nowhere near the money he would from securing Jamie a cash move. Why would an agent want his player to stay a club long term? It has barely any benefit to him, at our level, folk like messi's agent etc will be making huge sums just by keeping him in a contract at Barca (and avoiding tax), but at Jamie's level it's all about moves.

With the premier league in England constantly brain washing us and throwing ridiculous amounts of money around, it's all most impossible for us as a club to keep our players grounded about progressing their careers. Players talk, they all know each other's business and who makes what. It's all about keeping up with the jonesies so to speak. Jamie will still be friends with Holt, Wilson etc and he'll be hearing weekly if not daily about money and how much they make etc. It's only natural for his head to be turned. The EPL is killing our game. The money that is pumped into it and the money that filters down into the championship is killing our game. We have a product that can easy compete with the championship and we have access to European football yet players will always choose there over here.

ahh common sense and a great post spot on with this section let me tell you..........Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does. 

maroonnicky63

Spectacularly missing the point put across by virtually every Hearts fan on this forum who's commented.

Again.

On purpose.

aye alright then

He has not handed in a transfer request or refused to play so cant see the justification of making him train on his own/send him out on loan etc.   Makes no sense to do that at all.

Hopefully he can get his head back on straight and get back to the form which seen him score so many goals last term.   

maroonnicky63

He has not handed in a transfer request or refused to play so cant see the justification of making him train on his own/send him out on loan etc.   Makes no sense to do that at all.

Hopefully he can get his head back on straight and get back to the form which seen him score so many goals last term.   

I agree, I think he will get back to his best because he needs to show Rangers and other clubs that he is quality for them to come back on January for him to sign a pre contact, unless CL can change his mind and get him to sign an extension at Hearts

All very true.i agree. But there is no ****ing excuse for not giving 100% effort on the field of play. Especially when you have the hearts background he has. I don't think anyone can deny this has been the case for months. You can still get your desired move. Paterson isn't even fit and got his

Big Slim Stylee

I agree, I think he will get back to his best because he needs to show Rangers and other clubs that he is quality for them to come back on January for him to sign a pre contact, unless CL can change his mind and get him to sign an extension at Hearts

Despite the fact I disagree with almost every post you make, do you not at least question the man's ambition if that shower of shite is the height of his ambition?

Does he not see he could maybe do much better? But then again, clubs look at way more than just nascent football talent nowadays. They dig in to background, personality, intelligence, stability - everything.

Whoops there, Jamie.......

Good post and very informative about modern day football.

Can't help but think if the fans were educated in the way you suggest a good number might just find something else to do with their free time.

Football is going to self implode one of these days imo.

He doesn't want to play for us anymore so that's exactly what should happen. He shouldn't play for us anymore. Play those who are committed and are focused. I don't trust him to give 100% like Paterson did.

Leave him unless we are struggling to fill the bench and then toss him to Sevco next May in whatever shape he'll be in.

I've no problem with players moving on and getting more money etc but I have a problem with players who down tools and take the huff etc.

He had the chance to do that when we played them at Ibrox and done his usual disappearing act.

You know what he has got himself so sidetracked about all this transfer business he's forgotten about the football.

It's going to take a lot of hard work and determination to get back to his best.

I hope he is up for the challenge.

Good post and very informative about modern day football.

Can't help but think if the fans were educated in the way you suggest a good number might just find something else to do with their free time.

Football is going to self implode one of these days imo.

Good point. What I find so nausisting about this whole scenario is the fact that it was quite apparent that the player had decided he was not going to give a tuppenny for a fair whack of the season while picking up a good wage from the club. The behaviour of his agent in my opinion has been totally reprehensible.

Even if JW pulls the finger out and improves. All that happens is he signs a pre contract with rangers in January.

What happens then if we are(hypothetically) in a dogfight with Rangers for a European place? It's within Jamie's interests to play shit for us in that scenario.

If he signs an extension, let him play.

If he doesn't, reserve bench for him.

I'd rather pay an uncommitted players wages to do nothing, than let him play and mess any chance of a good season.

Quite simply, he has not been good enough to merit another starting berth. He needs to show he is ready before that happens, imo.

Get game time with the kids.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

If every youth player we developed behaved as disloyal to Hearts like Jamie has there would be no emphasis to develop youth in the first place.

Most players show a lot more respect don't let people on here convince you every player Is like Walker.

maroonnicky63

Despite the fact I disagree with almost every post you make, do you not at least question the man's ambition if that shower of shite is the height of his ambition?

Does he not see he could maybe do much better? But then again, clubs look at way more than just nascent football talent nowadays. They dig in to background, personality, intelligence, stability - everything.

Whoops there, Jamie.......

he is looking at the money and playing for what is deemed a much bigger club than Hearts , he is doing nothing wrong in that every player if they had the chance would take. I don't think it's a good move for him but it's his choice. He has given Hearts 12 plus years and that's not bad. I do agree his form has dropped but there maybe a reason for that other than football I don't know but loads of players young and old lose form although reading some on here they think that will never happen. As for you not agreeing with what I put on here , that's cool for me I can live with that

Sorry forgot to add you watch the player bashers on here if Jamie decides to sign another contract he will be a world beater again in no time and the best Hearts player since slice bread

15 years ago nobody would know that any of this happened. Walker has been fooled by Rangers disruption tactics. Time to move on. If Walker knuckles down then let's just forget it ever happened. OF will always be a temptation to some of our players whilst others aim higher and respond to interest from England. Footballers are thick, and don't always handle these things smartly.

maroonnicky63

15 years ago nobody would know that any of this happened. Walker has been fooled by Rangers disruption tactics. Time to move on. If Walker knuckles down then let's just forget it ever happened. OF will always be a temptation to some of our players whilst others aim higher and respond to interest from England. Footballers are thick, and don't always handle these things smartly.

What a stupid comment

What would feel worse -

your wife leaving you for:

A. George Clooney

Or

B. Bobby Davro

Walker selling himself short and shacking up with Davro is the saddest thing about all of this. One of a handful of people who still think Davro is relevant or important.

Stupid thing to say that footballers are thick. Are you tarring all footballers with the same brush here. Walker has acted stupidly yes but to come out and say it's because he and all footballers are thick sounds a bit thick to be honest.

What would feel worse -

your wife leaving you for:

A. George Clooney

Or

B. Bobby Davro

Walker selling himself short and shacking up with Davro is the saddest thing about all of this. One of a handful of people who still think Davro is relevant or important.

Davro or (Rangers)may not be relevant or important to some people but they are still a massive draw for Scottish players and always will be.

ahh common sense and a great post spot on with this section let me tell you..........Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

Its all about behaviour, standards and self -respect and respect to others. Sadly yours appear to be in or near the gutter.

Just because you have been offered a new job at a higher salary you ignore/default on the company thats currently paying your mortgage, bills , football etc. I feel sorry for you. One day you will hopefully get some lessons and grow up.

Davro or (Rangers)may not be relevant or important to some people but they are still a massive draw for Scottish players and always will be.

The pity is that the new incarnation of that odious vile club continue to act in the most disgraceful manner. They are a a stain on Scottish sport and always will be.

maroonnicky63

Its all about behaviour, standards and self -respect and respect to others. Sadly yours appear to be in or near the gutter.

Just because you have been offered a new job at a higher salary you ignore/default on the company thats currently paying your mortgage, bills , football etc. I feel sorry for you. One day you will hopefully get some lessons and grow up.

from you ? I don't think so I have seen yours

Is it a myth that Roy Keane doesn't use an agent. Just lawyers, accountants and has a bit if savvy.

And along the way gas saved millions in agents fees.

Help when your negotiating starting point is you want to keep me, I'm your top paid star. And for 12 years was worth keeping.

Quite simply, he has not been good enough to merit another starting berth. He needs to show he is ready before that happens, imo.

Get game time with the kids.

This is the point everyone is missing. Jamie hasn't had a good game since February, 7 months ago. Is it any surprise Rangers pulled out? Is it any surprise that he isn't going to start for us every week unless he screws the nut. He currently isn't worth a starting place in Gorgie or Govan due to lack of fitness, match fitness and mental issues. What sore of state will he be in come next June if he doesn't play any football between now and then? He and his agent are risking his entire career with their current actions. Hearts hold the aces at the moment. Not sure Jamie's agent has figured that out.

Is it a myth that Roy Keane doesn't use an agent. Just lawyers, accountants and has a bit if savvy.

And along the way gas saved millions in agents fees.

What about his 'leccy? 

:tiny:

All very true.i agree. But there is no ******* excuse for not giving 100% effort on the field of play. Especially when you have the hearts background he has. I don't think anyone can deny this has been the case for months. You can still get your desired move. Paterson isn't even fit and got his

I should've added to my post that some of his behaviour has been childish and ill advised, social media etc. People are desperate to ignore the fact that Jamie Walker never handed in a transfer request, never refused to play or train and never released any sad "free me from my hearts hell" type stories. Yes he's acted like a goat in some aspects but in others he's actually kept his head down and got on with it. His performances have suffered but am willing to give him the opportunity to start a fresh now a line has been drawn under it.

Some hearts fans (not in response to you) are also desperate to ignore the fact that rangers, like them or loath them, are a bigger club than us and will always be seen as progression to people in Scottish football. Do I wish that wasn't the case, 100%. Until we perform more consistently in the league and compete for trophies etc regularly, then Rangers in their current form will always be a bigger draw than us. That's not me being a Richard, that's just the facts.

There is no respect or morales in football anymore, that was more my point in general. Please don't feel sorry for me lad, am honestly doing fine. Thanks for caring tho.

Some hearts fans (not in response to you) are also desperate to ignore the fact that rangers, like them or loath them, are a bigger club than us and will always be seen as progression the pinnacle to people in Scottish football. Do I wish that wasn't the case, 100%. Until we perform more consistently in the league and compete for trophies etc regularly, then Rangers in their current form will always be a bigger draw than us. That's not me being a Richard, that's just the facts.

FTFY. 

underwaterwoodwelder

Jamie walker is dead to me now.

Tapped up, picked up a wage and didn't try in training or on the pitch.

Attitude stinks and has been made to look like a total fund by rangers and his agent.

Rot on the bench all season please!!

I should've added to my post that some of his behaviour has been childish and ill advised, social media etc. People are desperate to ignore the fact that Jamie Walker never handed in a transfer request, never refused to play or train and never released any sad "free me from my hearts hell" type stories. Yes he's acted like a goat in some aspects but in others he's actually kept his head down and got on with it. His performances have suffered but am willing to give him the opportunity to start a fresh now a line has been drawn under it.

Some hearts fans (not in response to you) are also desperate to ignore the fact that rangers, like them or loath them, are a bigger club than us and will always be seen as progression to people in Scottish football. Do I wish that wasn't the case, 100%. Until we perform more consistently in the league and compete for trophies etc regularly, then Rangers in their current form will always be a bigger draw than us. That's not me being a Richard, that's just the facts.

The true fact is that Rangers or whatever you want to call the present incarnation of that vile sectarian club continue to pish on every other club in a scotland bar one. Maybe just me but those that want to participate in joining them are tarred with the same brush.

Good points made again busby. I agree again. But as much as Jamie's performances go. There is no way he has given maximum effort. Apart from the Newcastle match, he has looked well below par. I couldn't personally give two hoots about his social media stuff. It's a huge boot in the balls to guys like myself who loved him as a player and go home and away, spending a lot of cash to watch him.

There is no respect or morales in football anymore, that was more my point in general. Please don't feel sorry for me lad, am honestly doing fine. Thanks for caring tho.

it wasn't you that my post was aimed at.

Good points made again busby. I agree again. But as much as Jamie's performances go. There is no way he has given maximum effort. Apart from the Newcastle match, he has looked well below par. I couldn't personally give two hoots about his social media stuff. It's a huge boot in the balls to guys like myself who loved him as a player and go home and away, spending a lot of cash to watch him.

Yeah i tend to agree given his performances but am willing to give him a chance now this is over with for the now. On his game he is or can be our best player. Hopefully Levein can get him back to his best. If he continues to under perform then I will be disappointed in him and will look a bit of a mug for being seen to be defending him.

Yeah i tend to agree given his performances but am willing to give him a chance now this is over with for the now. On his game he is or can be our best player. Hopefully Levein can get him back to his best. If he continues to under perform then I will be disappointed in him and will look a bit of a mug for being seen to be defending him.

Let's hope so. We have been done out of our best attacking threat this year in a really tough period of games. I actually would have left Jamie on at Motherwell last week as he looked the most likely for us. We need more performances like Newcastle from him to get the fans back on side. I for one will never boo a player in a hearts shirt. Some of the abuse has been ott. And I'd love him to stay and sign a new deal. 100% effort is all we can ask

Jamie walker is dead to me now.

Tapped up, picked up a wage and didn't try in training or on the pitch.

Attitude stinks and has been made to look like a total fund by rangers and his agent.

Rot on the bench all season please!!

Wouldn't put him anywhere near the first team. **** him, he can piss off to rangers next season.

If he doesn't sign a new contract with us I wouldn't play him at all.

He hasn't tried a leg for months now. What

makes people think he won't be saving himself for when his beloved Rangers come calling for him.

Hector Morales currently playing in the Mexican 2nd tier.

You do yourself no credit with a comment like that.

https://www.thetoptens.com/intelligent-football-soccer-players/

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived