The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

The agent works for Jamie Walker. If Jamie isn't happy with what his agent is doing for him, he should sack him and find an agent that does what he wants.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Some people now have very hostile feelings towards him, calling him a rat and much more but no matter what you think of him he is still a Hearts player for at least another 4 months. He gave us the highest return in goals, either scoring or assists, than any other player last season but now we've to leave him to sit on the bench or not even get into the first team squad, why? I don't believe everything that has been reported about him, some on here say the same in one sentence but then take what's allegedly said as a reason to build up a hatred for the guy. Yes he could have come out and dismissed some of the reports but I don't think that is something he'd do. I took my son in to the Gorgie Suite hospitality a couple of years ago and Jamie had won one of the Man Of The Match awards, we went to get a photo of him and my son and whilst waiting I watched him with everyone around him and wanting to talk/get a photo he looked really uncomfortable, I think that's the type of guy he is someone who's shy to the point of seeming a bit ignorant but it's just the shyness. It's maybe one of the reasons he hasn't done an interview, maybe he wants to stay maybe he wants to leave but I don't see him going out of his way to talk to the press either way. There's been talk of him getting a hard time from fans if he plays, will that help? No. He's not the greatest player we've had but he could still be very influential for us and we need all our best players on the park and to support them as much as we can and support them equally.

What about this then - from the Daily Rainjur also - 

But negotiations hit a 'stalemate' as [/size]Rangers failed to meet Hearts' ?1m valuation. Rangers had tried to offer what Hearts insiders described as 'deadwood' as makeweight in the deal. But the offer was dismissed by Gorgie chiefs.[/size]

That is not Stalemate

That is one side not meeting the requirements of the other.

We wanted a million

They offered waaaaaay below that - seemingly

The truth is their offer was laughed all the way back down the M8

Deadwood is quite insulting.....

Like Pedro vs O'Halloran insulting

To me it's mostly simple.

CL will no doubt sit down with JW and look him in the eye and ask him if he is committed to Hearts for this season.

If he gets a yes, he will then evaluate that commitment at training.

If he likes the way JW is training and sees the commitment from the player he is looking for, then...

JWs in the match squad. I think CL is savvy enough to play him at the right times (which for me would initially be mostly in the away games - less moaning minnies, more supportive if the players and get them on side and the feel God factor will develop again)

CL then talks to JW and his agent about new contract. If no agreement possible agree a club statement which JW and his agent also agree to.

As a side issue the club discusses the social media issue with JW agrees what is acceptable and what is not (with potential internal disciplinary consequences if the agreement is broken).

Now the not so simple bit. JW himself, and the fans, particularly the social media side

I think it would be tremendously helpful if JW could issue a statement (with the he endorsement of the club) clarifying what has happened - Rangers offer, his refusal of Hearts contract offer, his willingness to give 100% while still under contract, or even better that contract extension negotiations are underway.

I think it would be helpful if the club also said something about the personal comments on social media (on both sides) and committed to only the club making statements as and when there are 'developments'.

The other no simple bit is how we, the fans, respond should JW be restored to the team. There seems to be a number of fans bent on vengeance or venting their spleen at JW. While I can understand the anger (it's not my way, but I know others feel different) it really isn't going to help the club for one of our best players to be slagged off by his own fans. JW is clearly a 'confidence' player - as well as the bad run he is on now, I think he had comparable bad patches when he returned from the 'cheating' ban and when he returned from injury. It would be great (though I know I am being naive here, if we could just treat him like any other player while CL chooses to select him.

I'm personally not interested in anything JW has done off the pitch but  if a few ass hats are giving him a bad time over that then he can hardly be surprised. He's 24 , he's not a child and he knows how these things work.  Hopefully he can see how badly he's been advised and led by his agent. Hopefully too, he can see what the club is trying to do to improve the situation at Hearts.  He can do what he wants in January so hopefully he will either knuckle down and do something until then or , even better, sign a new contract. Ultimately he's created this situation and it's down to him to man up and figure what he's gonna do to save his career.

Social media question : if he'd been at Sevco posting what he did while at Hearts , how do you think Sevco fans would react ?  Would anySevco player with half a brain do what Walker did at Hearts ? That's a rhetorical question but I think we / he knows the answer. I'd still like to see him get his Hearts career restarted though. 

Too many work shy types around these days. Not sure if it's a generation thing but a lot of kids seem to be born with a sense of entitlement. Jamie walker is the football equivalent of some of my work colleagues.

I P Knightley

I would honestly preferred this to be at an end.

But since he is with us, this is what should happen.

The owner should take him in for a digestive and a yarn, break the discomforture.

Once done, the manager pops in. Ready to go to work and prove what a right good player you are.

No one wins, if its ignored. Is he going to go to Rangers - most probably yes, but we need to try and ensure he goes there, having done us a turn. If the performance levels fall off altogether then there is no choice, but with months ahead, there really is no choice but to try and get his head back into it even if his heart has gone.

If he doesn't respond to this positively, I'd continue to feed him chocolate digestives and by the packet. If he's not dedicated to turning himself into an effective, talented footballer, let's turn him into a big, fat, lardy waster of no good to The Rangers or any other team :) I doubt he'd have the self-discipline to say, 'no thanks, I'm looking after myself.'

I genuinely question if JW would pass a thorough medical at another club.

We acknowledge that his knee condition needs managed.

We know about and have dealt with that condition.

But the condition remains.

JW needs to make sure there is no such potential problem or he might find himself simply unemployed next year or playing lower leagues.

Jamie needs to get himself fit.

Jamie needs changes his attitude and get focused on his job.

Jamie needs to get the best out of himself.

Jamie needs to train and perform as he is being paid to do.

That is what he needs to do.

And Jamie needs to remember he is not bigger the HMFC

If he doesn't respond to this positively, I'd continue to feed him chocolate digestives and by the packet. If he's not dedicated to turning himself into an effective, talented footballer, let's turn him into a big, fat, lardy waster of no good to The Rangers or any other team :) I doubt he'd have the self-discipline to say, 'no thanks, I'm looking after myself.'

Employ Ally Mccoist as his life coach

I'm at a bit of a loss here. Some people now have very hostile feelings towards him, calling him a rat and much more but no matter what you think of him he is still a Hearts player for at least another 4 months. He gave us the highest return in goals, either scoring or assists, than any other player last season but now we've to leave him to sit on the bench or not even get into the first team squad, why? I don't believe everything that has been reported about him, some on here say the same in one sentence but then take what's allegedly said as a reason to build up a hatred for the guy. Yes he could have come out and dismissed some of the reports but I don't think that is something he'd do. I took my son in to the Gorgie Suite hospitality a couple of years ago and Jamie had won one of the Man Of The Match awards, we went to get a photo of him and my son and whilst waiting I watched him with everyone around him and wanting to talk/get a photo he looked really uncomfortable, I think that's the type of guy he is someone who's shy to the point of seeming a bit ignorant but it's just the shyness. It's maybe one of the reasons he hasn't done an interview, maybe he wants to stay maybe he wants to leave but I don't see him going out of his way to talk to the press either way. There's been talk of him getting a hard time from fans if he plays, will that help? No. He's not the greatest player we've had but he could still be very influential for us and we need all our best players on the park and to support them as much as we can and support them equally.

Highest scorer by default only.

Rangers seemed happy enough when Boyd was on that diet

munich_veteran

I hope Jamie has the guts to fix this. It's not irreparable. He can accept his situation (because nobody has been unfair to him, except maybe his agent and Rangers), put in the work, perform to the best of his ability and I'm sure the fans will hopefully begin to forgive. Or it would get better anyway. We can have a good season, he can be part of it, then he can go on his merry way with some sort of goodwill rather than having to worry about being persona non grata with Hearts supporters for the rest of his days.

Going in a huff won't help. It's the last thing he should be doing. He's not a kid anymore.

I'm just not sure he has the right attitude to achieve that though, and it's sad given how important he has been to us and how long he has been at Hearts.

Do you think it was fair that he was booed off the park by Hearts fans on Saturday? Granted I only get to a couple of games a year, but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

[sCENE: Craig Levein's office at Tynecastle]

<knock knock>

CL: Ah, Jamie, come in. Thanks for coming. Have a seat.

JW: Nae problem coach.

CL: Sorry you didn't get the move to Rangers. We did all we could, but Hearts have to look out for our interests.

JW: Aye, ah'm a wee bit gutted, but it's nature of the business.

CL: Of course. Now, that it's behind us, we need to be looking forward to the new season, but I also want to make sure you keep your own personal safety in mind.

JW: I'm sorry?

CL: Football is a fickle business and there are many peop-- players at Hearts I mean for whom this club means everything. There are folk who if it looks like you're not trying your best, may get upset with you. And I want to make sure you remain safe.

JW: I . . . I'm not sure what you're talking about.

CL: Well, because of that, I brought up this video. You won't remember it, you were just a wee lad when this happened at Hearts. Unfortunate player named Graeme Hogg, can't see the name on the other jersey, not sure who it was. See, Hogg was loafing in defense, just playing out his contract, and let a goal in.

<plays video>

CL: <stands up, walks over to Walker's chair. Walker stands up too, coming up to Levein's chin>

CL: So you see Jamie, we want to make sure you're safe and nothing happens to you like that. No sense in you having to go to a hospital and having your bairns see that on live TV. The best way for all involved is if you spend this season trying your best for Hearts. I think we can agree that will be best, right?

JW: Um.... yes. Yes sir. 

CL: Thanks Jamie, I'm glad we had this talk. Now, let's get out there and have some fun playing football, eh?

JW: <absentmindedly nods, heads out the door>

First part isn't true.

Levein shouldn't have singled out Walker in the press for wanting to leave which started this whole ridiculous circus but well done for sticking to our guns and not caving in.

It's been handled badly from both parties particularly Jamie's. Hopefully he will knuckle down, show the performances he can produce and get the fans back onside.

Your having a laugh, Hearts have acted impeccably and if Levein never mentioned that Walker wanted to leave could you imagine the seethe if he had been sold last night.

As some people have mentioned Hearts should put a contract offer to Walker with a million pound release clause or have him training on his own.

I genuinely question if JW would pass a thorough medical at another club.

We acknowledge that his knee condition needs managed.

We know about and have dealt with that condition.

But the condition remains.

JW needs to make sure there is no such potential problem or he might find himself simply unemployed next year or playing lower leagues.

I think this is a good point. Walker is effectively useless against Hamilton and Killie because the plastic pitches impact his knees. 

If the huns want him so we don't have him, fine. But I hope Walker isn't under illusions on why they've been 'interested'.

Do you think it was fair that he was booed off the park by Hearts fans on Saturday? Granted I only get to a couple of games a year, but I couldn't believe what I was hearing. 

My interpretation was that the majority of fans were booing the decision to remove him and he was then given a clap off the field after the booing had subsided.

Funnily enough having been at every game so far this season* I actually think the feeling towards Jamie from the majority of the fans in the stands is still rather positive, although it may not seem that way on here. I certainly won't be applauding him next time I see him come on though.

Needs to knuckle down and win us back IMO and if he doesn't want to then bench him.

*That almost comes across as some kind of dig, it's not.

Only scored three less goals than Louis Moult last season, who everybody creams their pants over.

My interpretation was that the majority of fans were booing the decision to remove him and he was then given a clap off the field after the booing had subsided.

Funnily enough having been at every game so far this season* I actually think the feeling towards Jamie from the majority of the fans in the stands is still rather positive, although it may not seem that way on here. I certainly won't be applauding him next time I see him come on though.

Needs to knuckle down and win us back IMO and if he doesn't want to then bench him.

The reaction to Jamie at games and on here is night and day.

William H. Bonney

[sCENE: Craig Levein's office at Tynecastle]

<knock knock>

CL: Ah, Jamie, come in. Thanks for coming. Have a seat.

JW: Nae problem coach.

CL: Sorry you didn't get the move to Rangers. We did all we could, but Hearts have to look out for our interests.

JW: Aye, ah'm a wee bit gutted, but it's nature of the business.

CL: Of course. Now, that it's behind us, we need to be looking forward to the new season, but I also want to make sure you keep your own personal safety in mind.

JW: I'm sorry?

CL: Football is a fickle business and there are many peop-- players at Hearts I mean for whom this club means everything. There are folk who if it looks like you're not trying your best, may get upset with you. And I want to make sure you remain safe.

JW: I . . . I'm not sure what you're talking about.

CL: Well, because of that, I brought up this video. You won't remember it, you were just a wee lad when this happened at Hearts. Unfortunate player named Graeme Hogg, can't see the name on the other jersey, not sure who it was. See, Hogg was loafing in defense, just playing out his contract, and let a goal in.

<plays video>

CL: <stands up, walks over to Walker's chair. Walker stands up too, coming up to Levein's chin>

CL: So you see Jamie, we want to make sure you're safe and nothing happens to you like that. No sense in you having to go to a hospital and having your bairns see that on live TV. The best way for all involved is if you spend this season trying your best for Hearts. I think we can agree that will be best, right?

JW: Um.... yes. Yes sir. 

CL: Thanks Jamie, I'm glad we had this talk. Now, let's get out there and have some fun playing football, eh?

JW: <absentmindedly nods, heads out the door>

I'd love to see a video of that incident again. Was it not a corner that hogg conceded though that led to the rumble?

The reaction to Jamie at games and on here is night and day.

I would agree, although I'd say an explanation to that could be that a lot of us who spend time on here hold Hearts higher in the list of life's priorities than a lot of the people at games, season ticket or no, and so we're maybe a bit easier to irk than people who just trundle up to games and think of it as something to do or a way to kill an afternoon.

We're all just precious we petals on here really.

I'd love to see a video of that incident again. Was it not a corner that hogg conceded though that led to the rumble?

It was at the half that it happened, after a missed strike apparently. http://twohundredpercent.net/craig-levein-and-graeme-hogg-a-classic-punch-up/ But Raith were up 1-0 at the match.

I've never seen video of it. It was a friendly, even, so I have no idea if video actually exists.

It was at the half that it happened, after a missed strike apparently. http://twohundredpercent.net/craig-levein-and-graeme-hogg-a-classic-punch-up/ But Raith were up 1-0 at the match.

I've never seen video of it. It was a friendly, even, so I have no idea if video actually exists.

Good wee read that. Our Craig certainly does not take any crap. Seem to recall a game in his first stint in charge, perhaps away to motherwell where he booted hell out of the dressing room door?

Like Andy Webster, who got way worse abuse as I remember it, Jamie will be supported if he proves he's committed to playing for us this season at least.

Webster came back and was supported from the start more or less. Apart from one guy I remember in the Gorgie Stand who spent an entire match shouting abuse at him after he returned.

If Jamie can score one of his 20 yard rakers early on he'll be fine.

What does that even mean ?

He was the highest scorer by any measure you care to apply, but go ahead and de-bunk a FACT to prove some point or other.

Yeah but that doesn't really matter, or not in the current and recent content. The focus was on his relationship with Rangers. If he doesn't realise that, I worry for him a bit. I'm not out to paint him as some spawn of Satan or anything, far from it, I just don't think it's plausible that he didn't understand people might interpret it a certain way or that he didn't at any point think "Given the current attention on me and the difficult situation with Rangers, I should probably be careful"...

I think anyone who trawls through Jamie Walker's social media accounts to see what he likes needs to get out more. That goes way beyond typical football obsessions.

Too many work shy types around these days. Not sure if it's a generation thing but a lot of kids seem to be born with a sense of entitlement. Jamie walker is the football equivalent of some of my work colleagues.

Spoken like a true wheel spinner.

Just joking!

munich_veteran

I didn't see it that way at all, but that's probably because the boy right next to me followed up on his own boo with "**** off Walker".

*thanks for clarifying that. I live in the US of A, so a couple of games a season is about as good as it'll get for me for the foreseeable future.

It was at the half that it happened, after a missed strike apparently. http://twohundredpercent.net/craig-levein-and-graeme-hogg-a-classic-punch-up/ But Raith were up 1-0 at the match.

There was video of it - I remember seeing it on the Scottish news.

Cracking punch. Literally.

I respect BB's position on this, and surely to christ we all accept he's hearts by now, but the concept that Jamie's an unfortunate pawn in this game rather than the main protagonist and driving force is ridiculous to my mind.

I didn't see it that way at all, but that's probably because the boy right next to me followed up on his own boo with "**** off Walker".

*thanks for clarifying that. I live in the US of A, so a couple of games a season is about as good as it'll get for me for the foreseeable future.

Admittedly I asked the guys I went with if they agreed. I might have thought the same if I hadn't asked their opinions as well but we all thought it was more regarding him being taken off but it's likely a bit of both.

It was at the half that it happened, after a missed strike apparently. http://twohundredpercent.net/craig-levein-and-graeme-hogg-a-classic-punch-up/ But Raith were up 1-0 at the match.

I was reading through when a surname jumped out and it occurred to me - I'd love to hear how you pronounce Dalziel!

I respect BB's position on this, and surely to christ we all accept he's hearts by now, but the concept that Jamie's an unfortunate pawn in this game rather than the main protagonist and driving force is ridiculous to my mind.

He verbally agreed to sign a new contract and I then suspect his agent went to Rangers, which turned his head and caused the issues. Add to that that we were a complete shambles on the pitch, with overpaid mercenaries not trying a leg and with Cathro seemingly untouchable and I think Jamie got extremely fed up with the situation.

Thanks for the other comments, of course I am a Hearts fan.

He verbally agreed to sign a new contract and I then suspect his agent went to Rangers, which turned his head and caused the issues. Add to that that we were a complete shambles on the pitch, with overpaid mercenaries not trying a leg and with Cathro seemingly untouchable and I think Jamie got extremely fed up with the situation.

So the agent was the wee voice in his ear - but it's still his ear.

Winston Ingram

Can confirm the above as true (well, the verbally agreed part).

If we look at it from Walkers perspective I can understand how this has happened and I don't think he is fully to blame.

Young lad, young girlfriend and a young son. He gets offered a good contract with Hearts and he says "Yeah, I'll take it".

His agent then comes along, (a man he will trust to do right by him and who he will have a good relationship with) and tells him that he could sign for Rangers and double his wages, provide a better life for his family, remain in his home country (which from what I've heard his girlfriend is insisting on) and play football in a league he knows he can stand out in.

Music to his ears. Rangers tick every box on the list and they want him. 

So, he goes back on his verbal agreement to sign a Hearts contract (probably because his agent told him it would drive the price up and could halt a deal) and he says "I don't want it, I'm going to get a better one". Rangers then start to put in bids for him that are nowhere near what Hearts want and so they are rejected. This would be a bit of a gut punch and so his performances drop, his attitude changes and he's just waiting for Rangers to offer up the money and get the deal done like his agent has told him they would. 

While this is all going on in the background Hearts fans are giving him abuse all over social media. His family are piping up as well adding fuel to the fire and giving people a reason to turn on him even though he still to this day has not uttered a single word on record about the entire fiasco. 

The worst thing Walker has done is allow his head to be turned and allow his form to drop, which is unprofessional and disrespectful to his employer. Lack of professionalism and respect from a 24 year old in the workplace. Stop the fecking presses! 

He has also liked certain things on social media of the blue persuasion and whilst that again is disrespectful to Hearts at the same time he likely believed the deal would go through and so from his own personal point of view he needs the fans of his new team on his side and to like him and if that upsets fans of his current team (us) then so be it, he'll have thought he could have been away and it wouldn't have mattered in the long run.

That's how I view it in my head and I slightly feel for him, slightly want his career to fall down the toilet for the way he's acted towards our club but when it comes down to it I can't fault a guy trying to do what he thinks is right for him and his family, even if he has gone about it in completely the wrong manner.

It's a difficult one but let's be honest this is football. Score some goals, play well and all will be forgiven.

If we look at it from Walkers perspective I can understand how this has happened and I don't think he is fully to blame. 

The worst thing Walker has done is allow his head to be turned and allow his form to drop, which is unprofessional and disrespectful to his employer. Lack of professionalism and respect from a 24 year old in the workplace. Stop the fecking presses! 

Yeah, pretty much.  His behaviour, his choices, but he isn't "fully to blame " ? I'm not into pillorying JW - but it is his fault. It really is. 

Young lad, young girlfriend and a young son. He gets offered a good contract with Hearts and he says "Yeah, I'll take it".

His agent then comes along, (a man he will trust to do right by him and who he will have a good relationship with) and tells him that he could sign for Rangers and double his wages, provide a better life for his family, remain in his home country (which from what I've heard his girlfriend is insisting on) and play football in a league he knows he can stand out in.

Music to his ears. Rangers tick every box on the list and they want him.

So, he goes back on his verbal agreement to sign a Hearts contract (probably because his agent told him it would drive the price up and could halt a deal) and he says "I don't want it, I'm going to get a better one". Rangers then start to put in bids for him that are nowhere near what Hearts want and so they are rejected. This would be a bit of a gut punch and so his performances drop, his attitude changes and he's just waiting for Rangers to offer up the money and get the deal done like his agent has told him they would.

While this is all going on in the background Hearts fans are giving him abuse all over social media. His family are piping up as well adding fuel to the fire and giving people a reason to turn on him even though he still to this day has not uttered a single word on record about the entire fiasco.

He has also liked certain things on social media of the blue persuasion and whilst that again is disrespectful to Hearts at the same time he likely believed the deal would go through and so from his own personal point of view he needs the fans of his new team on his side and to like him and if that upsets fans of his current team (us) then so be it, he'll have thought he could have been away and it wouldn't have mattered in the long run.

That's how I view it in my head and I slightly feel for him, slightly want his career to fall down the toilet for the way he's acted towards our club but when it comes down to it I can't fault a guy trying to do what he thinks is right for him and his family, even if he has gone about it in completely the wrong manner.

It's a difficult one but let's be honest this is football. Score some goals, play well and all will be forgiven.

Whats his family been saying on social media?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah, pretty much.  His behaviour, his choices, but he isn't "fully to blame " ? I'm not into pillorying JW - but it is his fault. It really is. 

It isn't his fault that his agent turned his head with illusions of big money. It isn't his fault that the deal fell through and he's left looking a knob and it isn't his fault that his dad and sister had a go on social media.

I'm not saying he blameless and IMO he should have remained professional however life isn't black and white and I can see how a young guy, offered everything he could ever want, could end up taking the hump when it doesn't happen. His opinion may well have been that because Hearts weren't accepting a lesser bid from Rangers they were holding him back and so his attitude towards us has changed. All conjecture and whataboutery on my part but we have a tendency to forget that footballs are only human and in a lot of cases they are very young lads who haven't actually experienced life the same way the rest of us have and so can't draw on these experiences to make informed decisions. They rely on agents and clubs to steer them right, which in Walkers case I feel he's been let down.

Feel like I'm defending him to the hilt when my opinion is actually that he's been an idiot and as I've said above I'm not sure I ever want to see him in a Hearts jersey ever again for the way he's gone about this and the way he's treated the club who made him who he is. HOWEVER, regardless of those feelings I can still understand, whilst not agree, with his decisions and I can understand, whilst not agree with, how he came to make those decisions.

Whats his family been saying on social media?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Not sure this is an honest question as I'm sure we've all seen his dad and his sisters remarks on social media.  I'm not going to go back and find it all but if you actually haven't seen it then it'll be back in the thread somewhere.

Fxxx the SPFL

I was down at the killie game and he was applauded by majority of fans when he was warming up during the first half

I think anyone who trawls through Jamie Walker's social media accounts to see what he likes needs to get out more. That goes way beyond typical football obsessions.

Probably right there, but people do it day in day out. It's not new behaviour and it's not even unusual. The media does it too, and sometimes they even turn it into 'news'. Football fans are generally about as obsessive as it gets.

If he thinks he's had it tough with Hearts fans in that respect, he's nowhere near ready for the fishbowl levels scrutiny of the Old Firm.

Maybe he doesn't even ask himself where articles like this might come from, or how they might cause damage to his relationship with his employer or with Hearts fans. Maybe he genuinely does believe it's all just coincidence that these things appear when they do and add fuel to the fire.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-target-jamie-walker-just-10937058.amp

Only scored three less goals than Louis Moult last season, who everybody creams their pants over.

But for Calum Pattersons injury his tally would have been dwarfed.

Unless he signs a new deal gets his head down and starts playing again he'll always be open to scrutiny by the fans.

He was above that, one of the very few who were. He's created that situation.

His agent probably thought Hearts would just let it happen he didn't for a minute think the club would release that statement and it exposed him for the charlatan he is. He obviously forgot how much CL hates him. No way was he getting away with it again with CL at the helm.

Walker at that point should've kept his head down stayed away from social media and let things take their course.

I actually think it was a smart play by Hearts to field him at Ibrox, show both Rangers and Walker who was in charge.

Francis Albert

But for Calum Pattersons injury his tally would have been dwarfed.

Yes, if theoretically another player had scored more, he wouldn't have been top scorer.

And even if want to explore hypotheticals, it is of course unlikely that Patterson's form including goal scoring rate would not have suffered under Cathro's management along with the form of almost every other member of the squad.

Is it correct that if someone tries to sign Walker on a pre-contract in January, they still have to pay a development fee, but don't if they wait to sign him next summer?

Yip. We are due ?5m and will be using the cash to fill in the corners at Tynecastle. Canny wait.

Football Insider is talking skubala!

Dribbling on about Walker on a pre-contract in January for a free and him playing from January.

End of the season unless you pay us ya doughballs!

These are the same dingers who were saying Rangers should pay the money and, as predicted by a few of us, now changing their tune and toeing the party line with this "free" talk.

Rudolf's Mate

If O'Hallaran keeps banging then in through to Jan I'd take a swap deal for him and Walker. Unless Jamie does the unthinkable and start playing like we know he can!

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived