The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

Outta all this saga I'd like the club to re-evaluate its relationship with agents and who we work with etc. Here's a wee story of how agents work, in my experience. My friend plays in the Premier League and recently parted ways with his agent of the time. I've sat in the players lounge with his family nearly every 2nd Saturday for the past three seasons. As soon as other agents had caught wind of his imminent departure from his current agent, you couldn't move in the players lounge without an agent trying to push you to push him. They tried to get in the ear of his brother, his wife, his mum, sister in law, me, his dad, basically anyone who would listen. For the two months he was in between agents we had been given a private box at Man City for the champions league games. We got free adidas Merch, Nike Merch and Puma. Treated to fancy meals at fancy restaurants etc all in a bid to win the role as his agent. As soon as he signed to his new agent, the player lounge was empty. Everyone of those agents in that players lounge for those two months had two intentions. Get the contract to represent him and to find him a new club. Hearts will have a similar scenario weekly in the players lounge, hospitality etc. Agents looking to win contracts and get players moves. If Jamie stays at Hearts and signs a new deal, am almost certain his agent gets nowhere near the money he would from securing Jamie a cash move. Why would an agent want his player to stay a club long term? It has barely any benefit to him, at our level, folk like messi's agent etc will be making huge sums just by keeping him in a contract at Barca (and avoiding tax), but at Jamie's level it's all about moves.

With the premier league in England constantly brain washing us and throwing ridiculous amounts of money around, it's all most impossible for us as a club to keep our players grounded about progressing their careers. Players talk, they all know each other's business and who makes what. It's all about keeping up with the jonesies so to speak. Jamie will still be friends with Holt, Wilson etc and he'll be hearing weekly if not daily about money and how much they make etc. It's only natural for his head to be turned. The EPL is killing our game. The money that is pumped into it and the money that filters down into the championship is killing our game. We have a product that can easy compete with the championship and we have access to European football yet players will always choose there over here.

Money and agents. The devils work.

I found your post to be a little patronising to be honest and didn't tell us anything we didn't know already

Think we all know that hearts players will move for more money but if the clubs philosophy is to develop players we need to educate them to think for themselves as to when is the right time to move for them and the club. We need to educate them to be driving their own career choices and not be brainwashed by agents whose own interest is put before the players . We also need to be educating them as to the opportunities out their so that the old firm is not the height of their ambition - yes they pay more but so do most other clubs down south or abroad and these other options offer far greater development opportunities.

In summary we get agents are an influence these days but if we bring these kids up well they can also think for themselves . Paul scholes never bothered with an agent and just used a lawyer. That was due to the club and in particular Ferguson working with the player and them trusting each other

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ricardo Shillyshally

My memory might be playing up but did we not tell oldco Hun to GTF when they were after Paul Ritchie? Would be interesting to get his take on these events

that

Jamie walker is dead to me now.

Tapped up, picked up a wage and didn't try in training or on the pitch.

Attitude stinks and has been made to look like a total fund by rangers and his agent.

Rot on the bench all season please!!

People need to calm down. I've seen nothing to suggest he hasn't been training correctly.

Bring Back Paulo Sergio

People need to calm down. I've seen nothing to suggest he hasn't been training correctly.

How about his excellent performance against Newcastle where he was all about the final third always looking for the ball, now he's playing bad/ performances lacking in effort and suddenly everyone (including management) are blaming it on pre-season?

There is no respect or morales in football anymore, that was more my point in general. Please don't feel sorry for me lad, am honestly doing fine. Thanks for caring tho.

Has Morales retired, aye?

Is it a myth that Roy Keane doesn't use an agent. Just lawyers, accountants and has a bit if savvy.

And along the way gas saved millions in agents fees.

Help when your negotiating starting point is you want to keep me, I'm your top paid star. And for 12 years was worth keeping.

Bill Murray doesn't. If you want him in your film you have to get his phone number or email address and ask him directly. 

Agents are leeches. 

scott herbertson

Bill Murray doesn't. If you want him in your film you have to get his phone number or email address and ask him directly. 

Agents are leeches.

Only trouble is, next day you have to phone him again and start all over again...

Genuinely feel for Walker a tiny bit (if he wasn't a well paid footballer living the dream I'd have more sympathy for his situation) in that he seemed to have been led to believe Rangers valued him and wanted him.

He's now found out they don't - or at least not nearly as much as we do. Hopefully his performances reflect this from now on.

Walker must be looking at the fees Rangers have paid recently for the likes of Dorrans, O'Halleron and Garner and wondering why they don't value him as highly. He's easily better than Garner ad O'Halloran and has more potential and sell on value than Dorrans.

Walker's been played basically. Rangers unsettled our best player - job done for them.

Ricardo Shillyshally

So, here's what I heard

Der Sevco offered ?350k originally and that offers was left on the table

They did not make another offer

HMFC would have accepted ?500k

Walker cleared his locker at the start of the week in anticipation of moving to Rangers

Walker and Leveins relationship is not very good at all

So, here's what I heard

Der Sevco offered ?350k originally and that offers was left on the table

They did not make another offer

HMFC would have accepted ?500k

Walker cleared his locker at the start of the week in anticipation of moving to Rangers

Walker and Leveins relationship is not very good at all

What about the 3 lits if dross they offered us on deadline day?

Or the 5 x ?100k installments despite him only offered a 3 year deal?

:(

Ricardo Shillyshally

What about the 3 lits if dross they offered us on deadline day?

Or the 5 x ?100k installments despite him only offered a 3 year deal?

:(

What I heard was it was HMFC who wanted players in addition to money (who I don't know) but Sevco were not willing to change their original offer.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

What I heard was it was HMFC who wanted players in addition to money (who I don't know) but Sevco were not willing to change their original offer.

I thought Hearts had described the three players as "deadwood"?

Son Of Anarchy

Just naw.

Never seen that on the website

It  was on the DR website and I already posted it. 

Jamie Walker?s potential transfer to Rangers has hit an impasse.

Record Sport Online understands at the moment the winger is likelier to stay at Hearts ? although there are still hours left before the window closes at midnight.

Tynecastle sources have told us negotiations have hit a 'stalemate'. Rangers had tried to offer what Hearts insiders described as 'deadwood' as makeweight in the deal, an offer that was dismissed by Gorgie chiefs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-rangers-jamie-walker-stalemate-11090353

I wonder how understanding some of our fans would have been had it been Celtic that was doing this?

Not that I believe they would have, they would have paid the cash if they wanted him, Walker has been played like a fool in all of this.

I wonder how patient some of our fans would have been had it been Celtic that was doing this?

Not that I believe they would have, they would have paid the cash if they wanted him, Walker has been played like a fool in all of this.

I wonder how patient some of our fans would have been had it been Celtic that was doing this?

No, he hasn't. He really hasn't. I thought I'd stopped posting on this thread but how anyone can make out JW is the victim or loser in this farce is just mind boggling. He doesn't care , he wants to go. It's that simple. 

No, he hasn't. He really hasn't. I thought I'd stopped posting on this thread but how anyone can make out JW is the victim or loser in this farce is just mind boggling. He doesn't care , he wants to go. It's that simple.

I think you misunderstood me, I know he wants to go, but he has been advised badly and Rangers had no intention of paying the money that we wanted for him, they knew they had him on the hook.

He has screwed his position for a contract now as well, why would they offer 9k wages or something like that for someone who has put themselves in this situation?

Walker, either stay and sign a new 3 year deal and give us all u have got like u did before all this nonsense started, or be prepared to not feature much if at all until u get the move u apparently crave, balls in ur court.

Ricardo Shillyshally

It  was on the DR website and I already posted it. 

Jamie Walker?s potential transfer to Rangers has hit an impasse.

Record Sport Online understands at the moment the winger is likelier to stay at Hearts ? although there are still hours left before the window closes at midnight.

Tynecastle sources have told us negotiations have hit a 'stalemate'. Rangers had tried to offer what Hearts insiders described as 'deadwood' as makeweight in the deal, an offer that was dismissed by Gorgie chiefs.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-rangers-jamie-walker-stalemate-11090353

Oh sorry, I hadn't realised that"Tynecastle Sources", "Hearts insiders" and "Gorgie Chiefs" had been quoted on the Daily Record Website.

I stand corrected.

scott herbertson

Oh sorry, I hadn't realised that"Tynecastle Sources", "Hearts insiders" and "Gorgie Chiefs" had been quoted on the Daily Record Website.

I stand corrected.

I think they have their information wrong. I can find no kickbackers with these names registered.

Though I might register as "deadwood" myself on the Rangers forum....

How about Walker signing a 2-year deal with the caveat that he can leave if any club offers >?500+?.......If however he is determined to leave, Hearts should not have him anywhere near the playing squad....I think the door is still open for Walker at Hearts....Jamie it's up to you!  

How about Walker signing a 2-year deal with the caveat that he can leave if any club offers >?500+?.......If however he is determined to leave, Hearts should not have him anywhere near the playing squad....I think the door is still open for Walker at Hearts....Jamie it's up to you!

Five hundred quid? Worst buyout clause ever.

ahh common sense and a great post spot on with this section let me tell you..........Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

There's still a stupid way or a smart way to go about it.

Five hundred quid? Worst buyout clause ever.

Ah...well spotted!........Should have read >?500k+....Sorted!

kingantti1874

Hes not interested in protecting the club is he.. He wants to run down the last year so Rangers have no fee to pay.. That was his first intention when the club called his bluff.. But now it's going to play out anyway..

Get a little bump for himself, Newco have no fee to pay.. And **** hearts..

We shouldnt be a part of it.. Sit him in the stand.. And swap him for O halloran in jam.

And then Ritchie was emptied by Advocaat in any case.

Karma.

Paul now lives the life in Malibu with his beautiful wife and family providing coaching services to LA Galaxy and A list celebrity children via Box Soccer. If that's Karma, how do I go about getting some like that .. he is a top coach by the way ;)

Hes not interested in protecting the club is he.. He wants to run down the last year so Rangers have no fee to pay.. That was his first intention when the club called his bluff.. But now it's going to play out anyway..

We shouldnt be a part of it.. Sit him in the stand.. And swap him for O halloran in jam.

Agree. Man up or sit down.

scott herbertson

Paul now lives the life in Malibu with his beautiful wife and family providing coaching services to LA Galaxy and A list celebrity children via Box Soccer. If that's Karma, how do I go about getting some like that .. he is a top coach by the way ;)

Good luck to him - although he made mistakes in the way he left the club I think it was naivete rather than intent to damage us. When I hear of him I always think of him playing against England in 1999 where he marked Beckham (and although we played crap he had a decent game in exalted company)

Rudolf's Mate

Ah...well spotted!........Should have read >?500k+....Sorted!

I appreciate you've said ?500k+ but what happens if he suddenly finds incredible form, banging in goals for fun and gets a call up to the national team. Sevco come back I'm willing to pay the release clause and we're right back where we started!

I know that might seem far fetched but if he finds the form we know he's capable of, along with being in a longer contract then he should be worth more than the ?1M we'd slapped on him.

No way will Walker sign a new deal.

He can just scoop his wages for the next 6 months and do very little, he can then sign a bumper deal with rangers in January with a nice big fat signing on fee - rangers don't have to pay hearts any money so that means more money in walkers pocket with rangers also saving money. Win win.

Also walker hasn't handed in a transfer request so will walk away with a nice loyalty bonus from hearts for seeing out his contract at the end of the season.

He can just scoop his wages for the next 6 months and do very little, he can then sign a bumper deal with rangers in January with a nice big fat signing on fee - rangers don't have to pay hearts any money so that means more money in walkers pocket with rangers also saving money. Win win.

Also walker hasn't handed in a transfer request so will walk away with a nice loyalty bonus from hearts for seeing out his contract at the end of the season.

You seem to know the exact details of Jamie's contract which would be surprising. His contract has a year on it too, which means he can sign a pre contract in January but he will remain a Hearts player until his contract runs out around July 2018. The other side of the coin is that he doesn't play, Rangers don't come back in for him and he is stuck in limbo without a club until a Hamilton or Motherwell come calling and he ends up another Temps. Then again, perhaps it has all been agreed already and the SFA need to look into tapping up etc .... spoke to another agent about this and the professional view is he has been poorly advised and his agent is not putting Jamie's best interests ahead of his own ... Personally I hope he turns in man of the match performances for the remainder of his contract and heads off to a bright future, wherever that may be. 

Geoff Kilpatrick

I was referring to his Hun career but you knew that.

i wish jj was my dad

I wonder how understanding some of our fans would have been had it been Celtic that was doing this?

I hadn't thought about that but it's interesting that it's some of the hun sympathisers who re defending him.

I hadn't thought about that but it's interesting that it's some of the hun sympathisers who re defending him.

There are just as many Celtic sympathisers on here as there is Rangers, If not more. An uncomfortable truth, but there you go.

How will he get a loyalty bonus ?

Sounds like a sticky transfer that. 

How will he get a loyalty bonus ?

Its common for players to have a bonus in their contract for staying the full term. You also lose the bonus if you hand in a transfer request. Hence why walker hasn't handed in such a request.

Its common for players to have a bonus in their contract for staying the full term. You also lose the bonus if you hand in a transfer request. Hence why walker hasn't handed in such a request.

I cant see hearts putting a clause in jamie walkers contract that means we need to pay him to leave the club it makes no sense at all

There are just as many Celtic sympathisers on here as there is Rangers, If not more. An uncomfortable truth, but there you go.

I honestly can't think of a single one. There are some who dislike rangers more but who would call that being a celtic sympathiser?

I honestly can't think of a single one. There are some who dislike rangers more but who would call that being a celtic sympathiser?

A sevco sympathiser ?  :tiny:

Best way to be is to sympathise with neither, hate both.

It works both ways in that case. There is nobody on here who I would call a Rangers sympathiser but unless they join in the "Sevco Hun" bashing they get called all sorts of names. It really is pathetic.

It works both ways in that case. There is nobody on here who I would call a Rangers sympathiser but unless they join in the "Sevco Hun" bashing they get called all sorts of names. It really is pathetic.

There are guys like BB who openly have rangers leanings, I can think of a single poster who mirrors that in celtic's direction

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived