The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Here's hoping if selected his performances are up to the level he can reach.

On his day hes our best attacking player now its up to him to deliver the goods if he does that and leaves then so be it

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Future's Maroon

Rangers will ruin him hope he does the right thing at least hearts have a 5 year plan.

no we don't, it's been revised to a three year plan....most jambos will know that from Budges recent comments in the media (it might have been Levein).

Rangers will ruin him hope he does the right thing at least hearts have a 5 year plan.

We've not got a 5 year plan and even if we did how would that relate to walkers situation..

Surely you dont think our 5 year plan consists of selling players to teams they dont want to go to.

Ill be as pissed of as anyone if he signs for rangers on a free transfer .but its part and parcel of football.

We'll just need to find a better replacement

hmfcisgoodforme

or walker can watch how rangers ruined templetons career. Its  a step down.

Hearts are moving forward and do in fact have a plan rangers throw money at everything!!!!!

Want Walker to stay but its down to him, hope levein can pull it out the bag (a new contract)

Hearts are building something great especially thanks to the fantastic and loyal support.

I have been a fan from the age of 5 and even have a brick from the old weatfield stand, and yes I had season tickets and went to all the games.

I believe in what hearts are doing.

hmfcisgoodforme

sorry for the spelling mistakes lads and well im new here so im far from perfect but I am a true hearts fan dont have to prove that to anyone . 

anyway im here to talk about football not troll like some people so i wont be wound up anymore.

no more nonsense from me.

hmfcisgoodforme

Here's hoping if selected his performances are up to the level he can reach.

On his day hes our best attacking player now its up to him to deliver the goods if he does that and leaves then so be it

good point do his talking on the park.

hmfcisgoodforme

Yes I'm sure the players who have signed for them have had that thought prior to signing...........they'll have weighed up the pros and cons and guess what money won out.

They are professional football players and as such money is the main driving force not a social conscience

Fans are always telling us about things like that but in their own lives they would move jobs in a heartbeat for 2 or 3 times their salary without a thought

so true

I wonder if Jason Holt's situation is giving Jamie Walker pause for thought?  Holt's not in Caxinha's thoughts, and Mark Warburton hasn't come in for him either.  I guess relations may be strained between Warburton and Rangers, but pretty sure Holt can go for free to anyone ready to pick up his wage, or some of it.  No sign of movement.

Holt has a contract until 2020, but is he even making the Rangers bench these days? 

Sure, he'll get paid (no appearance or win bonuses mind), but potentially sat on his arse from age 24 to 27 watching his bank balance grow.

Hopefully Jamie can get back on track with us. 

hmfcisgoodforme

I wonder if Jason Holt's situation is giving Jamie Walker pause for thought?  Holt's not in Caxinha's thoughts, and Mark Warburton hasn't come in for him either.  I guess relations may be strained between Warburton and Rangers, but pretty sure Holt can go for free to anyone ready to pick up his wage, or some of it.  No sign of movement.

Holt has a contract until 2020, but is he even making the Rangers bench these days? 

Sure, he'll get paid (no appearance or win bonuses mind), but potentially sat on his arse from age 24 to 27 watching his bank balance grow.

the truth !!! great post

I have every confidence CL will get the best out of Jamie and all this nonsense can stop. Two goal hero on Saturday.

hmfcisgoodforme

people should hold tight he is still a hearts player after all, just hope he stays but agree CL will get the best from him.

I have every confidence CL will get the best out of Jamie and all this nonsense can stop. Two goal hero on Saturday.

maroonnicky63

Sorry I don't think Jason situation with worry Jamie at all he wasn't always first choice when he was with us and since he has gone to Rangers he has had plenty of game time with exception to this season so far and has made way more money than he ever could have with us.True he is out of the picture at the moment but I think he will get another club but the Salary will be the stumbling block depending who he decides to go with. I can't see it being us as I understand he was not happy at the end and to be fare some fans weren't happy with him either but we will have to wait and see 

Sorry I don't think Jason situation with worry Jamie at all he wasn't always first choice when he was with us and since he has gone to Rangers he has had plenty of game time with exception to this season so far and has made way more money than he ever could have with us.True he is out of the picture at the moment but I think he will get another club but the Salary will be the stumbling block depending who he decides to go with. I can't see it being us as I understand he was not happy at the end and to be fare some fans weren't happy with him either but we will have to wait and see

If Holt manages to dig his heels in and take money until 2020 at Rangers he'll have done incredibly well. He's a lower SPL player getting outlandish money relative to his ability and worth. He'd do well to sit tight as he'll not get another Rangers contract and his next move is likely to be to a club paying c. ?1k per week imo

On Walker - I'm at the stage where I couldn't care less what he does. Attitude is rancid

If Holt manages to dig his heels in and take money until 2020 at Rangers he'll have done incredibly well. He's a lower SPL player getting outlandish money relative to his ability and worth. He'd do well to sit tight as he'll not get another Rangers contract and his next move is likely to be to a club paying c. ?1k per week imo

On Walker - I'm at the stage where I couldn't care less what he does. Attitude is rancid

Utter tripe

Holt will have plenty options  now that he's played for Hearts and Rangers a dcent CV for a relative youngster  and will earn more than ?1k a month easily

Glamorgan Jambo

It's in both Jamie's and Hearts interests that he's fully focused and gives absolutely everything for the rest of this season. I have no doubt that he and CL have sat down together and worked something out.

As for Jason Holt I'd hope he's getting better advice than to sit on his backside until 2020 collecting his Rangers contract. I've a fair bit of respect for how he put himself out of his comfort zone by going out on loan to Sheffield Utd when he dropped out the picture here. If he just sits and collects his salary wthout game time he'll have great difficulty getting any club to take him. 

Utter tripe

Holt will have plenty options now that he's played for Hearts and Rangers a dcent CV for a relative youngster and will earn more than ?1k a month easily

Thanks. I didn't say ?1k per month. I said ?1k per week. In my view he's a Motherwell / Ross County type standard. His movement is as though his legs are moving through treacle. There's slow and there's slow.

The reality is he wasn't good enough to make it at Hearts. He was fortunate to get a move to Rangers due to their predicament. When would a player of that standard ordinarily have been entertained by Rangers.

You can say it's utter tripe all you like. My view is he's a mid to lower SPL standard player and I would've thought that such sides are paying little more than ?1k per week

For his own sake I hope he continues to extract a wedge out if them for the remainder of his contract. He'll earn nothing like it at his next club imo

The thing that puzzles me about Jamie is that anyone who knows the role that the old Rangers and the new club have played in Scotland's social problems would want to have anything to do with them, especially if you have enough talent to do much better.

If the lad just doesn't want to leave Scotland for personal reasons then too bad, but if he lacks the imagination to see better opportunities elsewhere then that's sad.

The Lad hah lacks self worth and won't walk out the door with head held proudly,but will slink out.

maroonnicky63

I have no doubt at all that with CL will help Jamie perform for us,unfortunately circumstances/media and possibly bad advice have put him in a bad light with the fans but we don't know the whole story no matter what anyone says. It is in his best interest to perform I think we all know his choice would be Rangers but no one knows who will be the Rangers manager on January if Jamie does decide to go there but if he performs ( I think he will ) there will be interest from other clubs down south who will probably pay him more.

I think he has the potential to be as good as he wants , the only thing I would say is I don't think Rangers would be a good fit for him he is much better than that and for me he can play top end of the English championship and then move on from there. No matter where he goes he will do well he is not the finished article yet and Jamie will know that.If CL can get him to sign an extension that would be brilliant but I can't see that all I think there has been to much said for him to do that but hey lets hope.

According to a few on here walker would be as well doing the same.

It's hard to think people on here and fans in general lose there s#!t and people leaving jobs for better money, while getting excited at people leaving their jobs to come to hearts for more money than they were previously on.

Geoff Kilpatrick

According to a few on here walker would be as well doing the same.

It's hard to think people on here and fans in general lose there s#!t and people leaving jobs for better money, while getting excited at people leaving their jobs to come to hearts for more money than they were previously on.

I have no problem with Jamie Walker refusing a new comtract. I have a problem with him not trying a leg and being a complete waste of space while under our contract.

I have no problem with Jamie Walker refusing a new comtract. I have a problem with him not trying a leg and being a complete waste of space while under our contract.

Who said hes not trying a leg ? Cathro, levein if this was the case surely someone in the press would've picked up on it.

To suggest anyone player never tried a leg during cathros shambles would be insane as the whole team was crap

Geoff Kilpatrick

Who said hes not trying a leg ? Cathro, levein if this was the case surely someone in the press would've picked up on it.

To suggest anyone player never tried a leg during cathros shambles would be insane as the whole team was crap

No one will SAY it but his performances and the team selection say it all without words. He's been honking for months.

Jambof3tornado

If you have watched walker play without having maroon tinted eyes you will have seen a player not trying a leg.

No one will SAY it but his performances and the team selection say it all without words. He's been honking for months.

Absolutely right. I'm dumbfounded anyone would try and suggest otherwise.

Hasn't tried a leg in months

ill slink out.The Lad hah lacks self worth and won't walk out the door with head held proudly,but w

Tried using Google translate, but no success. 

Anyone able to translate? 

:uhoh2:

possibly Ferrengi.... :)

Do you honestly believe the management team at Hearts would select Jamie to start matches if he had as you say not tried a leg! Personally I don't believe any manager at any team would even consider putting a player who has downed tools on the bench!

This "Jamie hasnt tried a leg for months and has contributed nothing at all" has grown arms and legs. He hasnt played particularly well, no, but neither has the team. I would say only Cowie (& perhaps Isma) would get a free pass for their efforts in the second half of the season and the rest looked awful, disinterested and lazy. To single Jamie out is unfair.

He is a confidence player, a flair player and he gets better around better players. Despite being "disinterested, lazy and shite " against Motherwell, he was the most creative player.

kingantti1874

Why do you think they didn't play him for 2 games.. and his effort against Rangers was an absolute ****ing joke

Geoff Kilpatrick

Do you honestly believe the management team at Hearts would select Jamie to start matches if he had as you say not tried a leg! Personally I don't believe any manager at any team would even consider putting a player who has downed tools on the bench!

If they had no other option then yes. Even Oshinawa made the bench on occasion last season.

possibly Ferrengi.... :)

If I ever post something like that please assume it means the baby has grabbed the keyboard.

This "Jamie hasnt tried a leg for months and has contributed nothing at all" has grown arms and legs. He hasnt played particularly well, no, but neither has the team. I would say only Cowie (& perhaps Isma) would get a free pass for their efforts in the second half of the season and the rest looked awful, disinterested and lazy. To single Jamie out is unfair.

He is a confidence player, a flair player and he gets better around better players. Despite being "disinterested, lazy and shite " against Motherwell, he was the most creative player.

He's a symptom of everything that's wrong at the club - problem is , no one wanted to admit there was anything wrong. Not the majority on here, not the coaches and not even the players themselves. To have in excess of 600K views on a thread about one player just says it all. He goes to training everyday , every day is the same old shit under IC , every day (apparently) the players lack fitness , it goes on and on, the assistant coaches say feck all, CL is telling the press what a hoot it all is. But actually it's a farce. 

And you wonder why the guy is fed up ? 

Some posters on here should be ashamed at their comments and stop taking their anger at the totality of the clubs failings on a single player.

He's a symptom of everything that's wrong at the club - problem is , no one wanted to admit there was anything wrong. Not the majority on here, not the coaches and not even the players themselves. To have in excess of 600K views on a thread about one player just says it all. He goes to training everyday , every day is the same old shit under IC , every day (apparently) the players lack fitness , it goes on and on, the assistant coaches say feck all, CL is telling the press what a hoot it all is. But actually it's a farce. 

And you wonder why the guy is fed up ? 

Some posters on here should be ashamed at their comments and stop taking their anger at the totality of the clubs failings on a single player.

Ok. You sound you need to support another club then. You'll be happier?

If you have watched walker play without having maroon tinted eyes you will have seen a player not trying a leg.

Also, if you have watched walker play with maroon tinted eyes you will have seen a player not trying a leg.

...a bit disco

Interesting interview by Berra on the EEN website this morning.

Talks about Walker needing to screw the nut.

Dyslexic are we? Try reading from the Capital T then add the letters prior to that on the end of the sentence.Or try getting your computer fixed.

If I ever post something like that please assume it means the baby has grabbed the keyboard.

Or assume the person making the comment is coming the xxxx

Why do you think they didn't play him for 2 games.. and his effort against Rangers was an absolute ******* joke

I sometimes think Jamies been carrying a fair bit of the can for some really shit team efforts under Cathro.

Not sure if you were at Ibrox or saw the whole game but its been a long time since Ive seen a Hearts team set up with no adventure and no intention to be positive.

As an attacking player, who isn't great defensively, its no real surprise that he contributed nothing. None of our attacking players contributed anything that day. It wasn't due lack of effort and as far as actual playing time is concerned for Jamie Ive always felt he was getting really frustrated at what was going on around him rather than not trying.

There might well be stuff going on at Riccarton which has justified leaving him out, and his form hasn't been the best, but in a team that was performing miles below its potential.

It'll be interesting to see what he contributes now the window is closed and he cant go anywhere until at least January. Certainly if he makes no effort this season he's impacting his own future.

I still think he is our best and most influential player. I think he'll play. I think he SHOULD play and I think he'll be first choice most of the season. That can only piss people off if he's continually playing and 'making no effort' which clearly Levein wouldn't tolerate anyway.

He isn't the first player to want to move away from Hearts to 'better' himself and he wont be the last.

The Treasurer

I sometimes think Jamies been carrying a fair bit of the can for some really shit team efforts under Cathro.

Possibly, but his actions have made him an easy target

Not sure if you were at Ibrox or saw the whole game but its been a long time since Ive seen a Hearts team set up with no adventure and no intention to be positive.

As an attacking player, who isn't great defensively, its no real surprise that he contributed nothing. None of our attacking players contributed anything that day. It wasn't due lack of effort and as far as actual playing time is concerned for Jamie Ive always felt he was getting really frustrated at what was going on around him rather than not trying.

Our main striker Lafferty, while not contributing much in an attacking sense, put in a solid shift defensively FOR THE TEAM

There might well be stuff going on at Riccarton which has justified leaving him out, and his form hasn't been the best, but in a team that was performing miles below its potential.

None of us know for sure how things have been with JW in training but a player can still put in the effort even if they don't play well (Cowie a perfect example in some games)

It'll be interesting to see what he contributes now the window is closed and he cant go anywhere until at least January. Certainly if he makes no effort this season he's impacting his own future.

Agreed

I still think he is our best and most influential player. I think he'll play. I think he SHOULD play and I think he'll be first choice most of the season. That can only piss people off if he's continually playing and 'making no effort' which clearly Levein wouldn't tolerate anyway.

If he's prepared to give 100% then of course he should play. CL will know whether he deserves a place or not

He isn't the first player to want to move away from Hearts to 'better' himself and he wont be the last.

No-one is blaming him for wanting to move, it's the way he's going about it that angers people

Excellent post and how I see it.

Jamie will flourish in a hard working team looking to attack and create: he will be the stand out. In a disinterested, lazy team? No, he wouldnt and didnt quite so much.

Rangers and his of an agent have successfully turned his head, at a time when playing for Hearts would have been no fun at all. I also believe that the team failing would have had a greater effect on Jamie than any other player.

Possibly, but his actions have made him an easy target

Our main striker Lafferty, while not contributing much in an attacking sense, put in a solid shift defensively FOR THE TEAM

None of us know for sure how things have been with JW in training but a player can still put in the effort even if they don't play well (Cowie a perfect example in some games)

Agreed

If he's prepared to give 100% then of course he should play. CL will know whether he deserves a place or not

No-one is blaming him for wanting to move, it's the way he's going about it that angers people

Lafferty: he is a completely different player to Jamie, far more physical and so far more suited to defending corners etc. I accept that defensive duties are not Jamies strong point.

Cowie would be the ONLY example of this for the second half of last season. Therefore it is a tad unfair to single Jamie out.

"The way he has gone about it" has been to keep a dignified silence throughout and has not made any public comment at all. Had he given even one interview/quote about it then I could see the point. He hasnt.

Now on page 164 think this subject has been done to death .

The club want Jamie Walker playing as he can on a regular basis . [unlikely , but Hearts would also like him to sign a new contract]

Basically its now down to Jamie Walker .

The Treasurer

Lafferty: he is a completely different player to Jamie, far more physical and so far more suited to defending corners etc. I accept that defensive duties are not Jamies strong point.

Cowie would be the ONLY example of this for the second half of last season. Therefore it is a tad unfair to single Jamie out.

"The way he has gone about it" has been to keep a dignified silence throughout and has not made any public comment at all. Had he given even one interview/quote about it then I could see the point. He hasnt.

Defending involves far more than just coming back for corners, but I'm sure you know that already.

Very unfair on the likes of Hamilton, Liam Smith, Kitchen, etc, who,  while maybe not playing well always gave 100%. New season should have seen a change in attitude, it hasn't.

Actions speak louder than words (or in this case lack of action on the pitch)

I do not want to see Walker in our box defending corners - I want to see him on the halfway line waiting for the early clearance up the park!

Latest pics on instagram he is in a Liverpool shirt ... following Kickback logic he must be off to the English Premier League in January now ;)

...a bit disco
'Promises not kept for Walker'

Meanwhile, referring to Rangers' failed attempts to sign Jamie Walker over the summer, Levein said the attacking midfielder had been let down by broken promises.

Hearts rejected two bids for the 24-year-old in June and there was no breakthrough before the end of August.

Walker turned down the opportunity to sign a new deal at Tynecastle and will be out of contract at the end of this season.

"I don't want to go into too much detail, but if I was Jamie I'd be a little bit disappointed that a lot of the promises that were made to him weren't kept - and not from our club," said Levein.

"I haven't had a conversation with him. He has trained fantastically well since the beginning of the week.

"For me, Jamie Walker is another player. If he does work on the training ground, he will play."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41187180?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=scotland

'Promises not kept for Walker'

Meanwhile, referring to Rangers' failed attempts to sign Jamie Walker over the summer, Levein said the attacking midfielder had been let down by broken promises.

Hearts rejected two bids for the 24-year-old in June and there was no breakthrough before the end of August.

Walker turned down the opportunity to sign a new deal at Tynecastle and will be out of contract at the end of this season.

"I don't want to go into too much detail, but if I was Jamie I'd be a little bit disappointed that a lot of the promises that were made to him weren't kept - and not from our club," said Levein.

"I haven't had a conversation with him. He has trained fantastically well since the beginning of the week.

"For me, Jamie Walker is another player. If he does work on the training ground, he will play."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41187180?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_sportsound&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=Scotland

One thing I will say about Levein is he calls a spade a spade!

If other clubs are making promises to a player of ours, before any bid has been accepted or permission to talk to them has been granted, the promising club should be getting reported for tapping up.

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived