The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If other clubs are making promises to a player of ours, before any bid has been accepted or permission to talk to them has been granted, the promising club should be getting reported for tapping up.

think it's more likely a dig at his agent, although with sevco you never know. 

think it's more likely a dig at his agent, although with sevco you never know.

Perhaps. But without speaking to another club, his agent isn't in a position to promise anything.

Nap for a start on Saturday if that is Leveins view.

Probably your right,self totally against it would not have him near the squad let alone the first team.

Find it hard to believe Levein when he says he hasn't had a conversation with Walker. If not, why not?

I'd be amazed if the manager hasn't had a conversation with a player who's mind isn't on the job

Why do you think they didn't play him for 2 games.. and his effort against Rangers was an absolute ******* joke

Celtic dropped Armstrong for similar reasons. Happens all the time during contract disputes or whatever. Now theres no chance of him leaving until the end of the season he should get a clean slate to see if his form can pick up again.

Latest pics on instagram he is in a Liverpool shirt ... following Kickback logic he must be off to the English Premier League in January now ;)

As an aside if you check out Maluray Martins twitter page, its chock full of AS Monaco likes..

Do you think he's sending out a come and get me message ?

Son Of Anarchy

Ffs Jamie, head down, sack the sevconian Muppet and hat trick on Saturday please to show them what they've missed out on :thumbsup:

As an aside if you check out Maluray Martins twitter page, its chock full of AS Monaco likes..

Do you think he's sending out a come and get me message ?

He came through their academy I think & is a Monaco fan. Said Hearts were his second team and it will be a dream to play for us.....

Hopefully CL can get through to Walker and he signs on with us for a few more years. This would be the perfect scenario and also send the anti-Levein brigade into a spin.

maroonnicky63

If other clubs are making promises to a player of ours, before any bid has been accepted or permission to talk to them has been granted, the promising club should be getting reported for tapping up.

So you think our club has never tapped a player ??

The Treasurer

Find it hard to believe Levein when he says he hasn't had a conversation with Walker. If not, why not?

I'd be amazed if the manager hasn't had a conversation with a player who's mind isn't on the job

It's clear that CL wants to judge his players on their level of commitment on the training ground and on the pitch rather than listen to empty words.

If Walker, or anyone else for that matter, is not showing 100% commitment they won't be near the team. No amount of "wee chats" will change that.

Go on then name the player we've blatantly tapped up then? Walker just in my opinion should never play for our club again unless he signs a new deal.

This "Jamie hasnt tried a leg for months and has contributed nothing at all" has grown arms and legs. He hasnt played particularly well, no, but neither has the team. I would say only Cowie (& perhaps Isma) would get a free pass for their efforts in the second half of the season and the rest looked awful, disinterested and lazy. To single Jamie out is unfair.

He is a confidence player, a flair player and he gets better around better players. Despite being "disinterested, lazy and shite " against Motherwell, he was the most creative player.

If he was the quality player everyone makes out then he should have still stood out in a poor team, as plenty other players have, in other teams..

This "confidence player" is a smokescreen for playing crap or having his head turned. I keep saying it but very rarely does Jamie Walker influence big games, this kind of flies in the face of him being this amazing player. Why should a so called flare player get a free pass particularly one who is being lauded as something special.

He gets a clean slate in a CL side and I hope he takes it.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Why are you so keen for Walker to leave Hearts? Are you actually a Hearts supporter?

Who did we tap up? If we did it, we would get hammered.

Rangers should be absolutely hammered for this.

He came through their academy I think & is a Monaco fan. Said Hearts were his second team and it will be a dream to play for us.....

when's he gonna start on this ?

Go on then name the player we've blatantly tapped up then? Walker just in my opinion should never play for our club again unless he signs a new deal.

Christophe Berra  possibly ?

To be honest, I don't want to see Walker snaking back into the good books off the back of one week's reasonable training efforts. That should be a minimum requirement for any player in all circumstances. If it was up to me he would be sitting out for a few weeks. Let's see how long he can 'work' in training.

Walker said agent can speak to whoever he wants about his clients and it's not tapping up. When a player is offered a new contract and he asks his agent if there's interested clubs with better offers how do you think they get the information?

Who did we tap up? If we did it, we would get hammered.

Rangers should be absolutely hammered for this.

Not a player but Jim Jefferies first time when he was at Falkirk....

Rangers have clearly been in regular contact with his agent with a view to unsettling him, hoping he could force a move through and force us to lower our price, it's the theRangers way

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Not a player but Jim Jefferies first time when he was at Falkirk....

Rangers have clearly been in regular contact with his agent with a view to unsettling him, hoping he could force a move through and force us to lower our price, it's the theRangers way

I think we made a request to Falkirk to speak to JJ, which was granted we then offered him a contract and paid compensation to Falkirk. All above board

One thing I will say about Levein is he calls a spade a spade!

:o

I love that about him, he was the first person I heard using the phrase "wage thieves" when he was manager last time.

I'm a fan. Join me!

All I hope is that if Jamie Walker is selected for Saturday we get a bit better display from him than we got the last time he turned out for us against Aberdeen.

hmfcisgoodforme

I love that about him, he was the first person I heard using the phrase "wage thieves" when he was manager last time.

I'm a fan. Join me!

this really is the neverending story 165 pages....

it reminds me of "dont come home too soon" by del amitri. just keeps goin on and on.

gotta say players in general are getting too focused on themselves, e.g. neymar, mbappe, 

can we not just have 6 berras and 5 cowies.

there is a new series out called aftermatch

with a great phrase " the one are many and the many are one"

lets just be heart of midlothian aberdeen and st johnstone want us to be divided so they can keep robing games with mediocre football at best!!

p.s. levein is gonna kick some mediocre aberdeen a**

He was within 6 months of the end of his contract.

Indeed, but the ITKers had us speaking to him way before that period. In fact it was a done deal way back in November according to some. Anyway who knows specifically how we landed the Berra deal or cares really. Have we tapped players up in the past ? Yes I imagine like every single other club we have.

All I hope is that if Jamie Walker is selected for Saturday we get a bit better display from him than we got the last time he turned out for us against Aberdeen.

Deliberately got himself sent off that day

I think we made a request to Falkirk to speak to JJ, which was granted we then offered him a contract and paid compensation to Falkirk. All above board

Fulston attacked Hearts for "brainwashing" JJ after he had got him to reconsider his resignation, then flipped it back to come to Hearts. We agreed a compensation package once JJ had made his final decision

Indeed, but the ITKers had us speaking to him way before that period. In fact it was a done deal way back in November according to some. Anyway who knows specifically how we landed the Berra deal or cares really. Have we tapped players up in the past ? Yes I imagine like every single other club we have.

Berra was allowed to speak to us. We don't tap up players like Rangers do. Why defend them? Weird.

Berra was allowed to speak to us. We don't tap up players like Rangers do. Why defend them? Weird.

How am I defending Rangers exactly. How do you know we haven't tapped up the odd player. I'd be astonished if we hadn't frankly.

All roads lead to Gorgie

the filth tapped lafferty 

And Lafferty trolled them back  :2thumbsup: 

Hopefully CL can get through to Walker and he signs on with us for a few more years. This would be the perfect scenario and also send the anti-Levein brigade into a spin.

If Levein can do that he will have handled Walker magnificently .....how's that for spin!!

I'm a fan. Join me!

I give credit where credit is due.

Well, this is fun. Caixinha saying he's "not disappointed" to miss out on Walker.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-not-disappointed-by-jamie-walker-outcome-1-4553839

Jamie, you're always going to be an afterthought to that lot. Sign a contract extension at Hearts and you have a chance to be a legend.

A conversation by definition is at least two persons talking to each other.

I humbly suggest that CL spoke and JW did the listening. Therefore no conversation took place.

hmfcisgoodforme

Aye and it worked out well for them

Poor wee Lenny is still raging

lol 

Walker said agent can speak to whoever he wants about his clients and it's not tapping up. When a player is offered a new contract and he asks his agent if there's interested clubs with better offers how do you think they get the information?

That absolutely is tapping up. It happens, of course, but it is against FIFA and SFA rules.

...a bit disco

Well, this is fun. Caixinha saying he's "not disappointed" to miss out on Walker.

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/competitions/premiership/rangers-boss-pedro-caixinha-not-disappointed-by-jamie-walker-outcome-1-4553839

Jamie, you're always going to be an afterthought to that lot. Sign a contract extension at Hearts and you have a chance to be a legend.

'He said: ?No I?m not disappointed - I?d only be disappointed if we didn?t have cover in all the positions,? the Portuguese said.'

And there you have it Mr Walker. Cover at best.

Here's hoping you now realise that you can set your sights a tad higher.

How am I defending Rangers exactly. How do you know we haven't tapped up the odd player. I'd be astonished if we hadn't frankly.

Name one. Rangers are well known for it, especially through their pals in the press.

'He said: ?No I?m not disappointed - I?d only be disappointed if we didn?t have cover in all the positions,? the Portuguese said.'

And there you have it Mr Walker. Cover at best.

Here's hoping you now realise that you can set your sights a tad higher.

Caixinha didnt say Jamie would be "cover at best", though. He is just trying to play down the fact they couldnt afford him and wanted to unsettle him, which the result that we would have to sell him cheaply.

I agree with the last part, though, I would love to see Jamie play in England/Europe, if he is to leave us. I dont think Rangers is the right move for him, although I understand the reasons.

Name one. Rangers are well known for it, especially through their pals in the press.

I don't think you actually know what is meant by 'tapping up' mate

Did Rangers or their official representative approach and talk to Jamie Walker without our permission ? If so, when and where did that happen. If not, stop bleating about press speculation and a couple of insulting offers rejected out of hand, because that is all that is out there on this and thats not 'tapping up'

I honestly do not get this attitude of, "So what if Rangers tapped him up? We have done it in the past (although I cant actually name anyone."

Yes, it DOES matter and action should be taken against them. It wont be, though, as it never is.

I don't think you actually know what is meant by 'tapping up' mate

Did Rangers or their official representative approach and talk to Jamie Walker without our permission ? If so, when and where did that happen. If not, stop bleating about press speculation and a couple of insulting offers rejected out of hand, because that is all that is out there on this and thats not 'tapping up'

Jamie knew rangers wanted him and I assume what they could offer before any bid was made. That's tapping up. The press is part of their MO.

As we don't generally pay for players or go after highly sought after players why would we need to tap up?

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived