The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

It wasn't that long ago he might have been aggrieved at not getting an international call up. Look at that side/game last night and compare it with his performances since middle of last season.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been here before

Same thing is always said when someone is against something, it's redundant.

A bit like typing 'Fact' at the end of a sentence doesnt make it true.

I'm far less bothered by the social media stuff than him playing miles below his capacity since the season began. He's been completely absent even in the games when the squad sheet said he was on the pitch.

Not sure about that, thought he was unlucky to be subbbed in the last game. He has never dominated games away from home and this season is no different to previous away performances from him.

JJ in the record today comparing this situation to Paul Ritchie, seems to be of the opinion taking the money would have been the best option, inthe end a wasted year and the player leaves for free anyway.

Not sure about that, thought he was unlucky to be subbbed in the last game. He has never dominated games away from home and this season is no different to previous away performances from him.

Let's not forget that his performances at Tynecastle in the last three or four months of last season were nothing to write home about. The Aberdeen game did it for me. Dire.

He has been a "dick" throughout by saying nothing?

I can't be bothered revisiting the whole few hundred pages, we don't agree on this however I respect you sticking up for him. I'm past the point where I think he has any viable future at Hearts which is sad. His action from the point that he verbally agreed the contract and reneged have been poor.

Romanov Stole My Pension

Commenting on an individuals intellectual abilities in such a way makes me feel uncomfortable.

Jamie like many is still a young man with much learning and life experience to gain.

I have encountered many students over the years who are not fluent communicators and seem to be a bit silly, but successfully navigate the undergraduate and even post grad years.

Detty29Callsit.

Fair point.

It's that his poor decision making has cost the club and the player.

Some folk seem to be missing the bigger picture here.

The issue is not Jamie Walker. If Sevco had made a bid in the standard way and it had been reasonable then Hearts would have accepted.

The fact seems to be that JW's agent was either tapped by or colluded with Sevco to undermine Hearts position with a player CONTRACTED to Hearts.

Hearts have decided to make a stand, and I wouldn't mind betting that the decision came from the very top.

Hearts will not get the 600k, too bad, but they will have the services of a good player for the rest of the season and Sevco will not. Not too bad a trade off.

In addition I'm guessing that the agent won't be doing much business with us in future. Egg on faces all round, but mostly on the chins of agent, Sevco, and JW.

A strong message sent. AB is not to be messed with.

scott herbertson

JJ in the record today comparing this situation to Paul Ritchie, seems to be of the opinion taking the money would have been the best option, inthe end a wasted year and the player leaves for free anyway.

Just made that comparison in a conversation myself ... Ritchie like Walker didn't have the maturity to deal with the situation when Rangers took an interest. In many ways Webster acted far worse than either, as his clever manipulation of Bosman robbed the club of at least a million fee, but he was able to deal with coming back to the club and not respond to the fan frenzy but quite nit with his on pitch displays.

Geoff Kilpatrick

And then Ritchie was emptied by Advocaat in any case.

Karma.

Rudolf's Mate

I had no issue with him liking posts relating to Sevco. Think part of the issue for many was the pics he posted such as the one with him and all the Sevco flags in the background. Angry, no however it does seem like he's tried to antagonise sections of the support he knows weren't happy. The issue is he increased the section because there were those who'd backed him throughout until that pic.

Jamie isn't the victim here. Ok he maybe didn't want this or court it however he's been disrespectful by posting that pic in particular.

How he leaves us is in his hands. He could go out on a high or continue in the same vein he's done for last few months. I'd love him to be part of something positive with this squad however you can't help but feel he's 1 upload away from totally alienating the rest of the support.

Disappointed to read that and really don't think it's a valid comparison. Rangers offered Hearts numerous lowball offers for Walker with the payments staggered over a number of years. Payments might have been useful in paying for the grass seed in years to come,  but supplementing the playing budget for an instant Walker replacement? I don't think so

I doubt there was any real money upfront anyway, certainly nowhere near ?600k.

It might be a wasted year, JW and CL can work something out and get a good 6months out of him!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VALDOS, on 02 Sept 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:snapback.png

I doubt there was any real money upfront anyway, certainly nowhere near ?600k. 
It might be a wasted year, JW and CL can work something out and get a good 6months out of him!?

-----

Jim, c'mon!! There really is no compression, and your last comment in that interview is really daft: "Maybe Ann Budge has got so much money she doesn?t need it!?

Fair point.

It's that his poor decision making has cost the club and the player.

With you it was a team effort,

JW and his advisors have manufactured a plucked ducks bottom and then some.

Tarnished relationship notwithstanding,

I hope that he can still be a valuable player in the games to come.

We may have agreed a deal for ?500k or similar for him to move in January

That being the case it's our duty to do all we can without breaching his employment rights to make sure he is as non-match fit as possible for them - as in any event he will play until then in a way to avoid injury

It's U20s and no matches for me if there is a deal for a Jan move

Stephane Grappelli

Hopefully JJ's words have been twisted. If not, it's disappointing that a good Jambo is in an Old Firm paper spouting pro Old Firm pish.

alicante jambo

Its obvious sevco do not have the dosh.Upfront cash would be perfect but the 150k one month then 250kfew months later and so on no way.Walker has made his bed let him lie in it but lets be honest an appology goes a long way in life.

See this whole it's not his fault stuff that's now being bandied about....What a load of pish.

It's symptomatic of youngsters nowadays where they take zero responsibility for their own decisions and actions and everything is always someone else's fault.

Who hired the agent? Walker

Who reneged on a verbal deal? Walker

Who downed tools? Walker

Who acted like a dick? Walker

But, but it's no his fault likesy.... **** off

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

Bang on the money. Although sadly not just symptomatic of today's youngsters, seems that most people nowadays try to find a way to convince themselves that nothing is their own fault or responsibility, although that's veering off into Shed territory.

JJ in the record today comparing this situation to Paul Ritchie, seems to be of the opinion taking the money would have been the best option,

inthe end a wasted year and the player

leaves for free anyway.

JJ, like us all, is entitled to his opinion. I'm delighted our club stood it's ground, otherwise the precedent is set for any future bids on our players be it Rangers, or any other club. Even through the madness of Vlads time, he called the shots when it came to deciding what our players went for. Granted, we live in different financial climate these days but, I like to think we are well run and, due to our contributions through FOH, we are still in a relatively good position that stops clubs like rangers bullying us into selling on the cheap.

All the he says/She says defending/attacking walkers actions is getting boring now. My view is simple, if you have an ounce of respect for the club and fans who pay your wages, the last thing you do is 'like' or make reference to any club who you have been heavily linked with a move to. I find it completely ignorant and disrespectful. Given what's happened in his appearances the past 8 months, I wouldn't have him in a hearts jersey again. Wouldn't even play him in the under 20's as as an older player. It seems quite obvious he will sign a pre contract for Rangers in January so I see no reason to aid them for next season by playing someone so uncommitted to the team who still pay his wages. Remember the club made an official statement which said he was offered a contract to make him our highest paid player. He is fully entitled to knock the offer back and go elsewhere, but the club appear to have done all it can to make a really good offer to JW. I really don't think his conduct has been great through all this for a so called proper hearts fan. Personally, I think he should've got his head down and played his backside off until leaving next year. Sadly, Rangers have got in his head so much so that he thought he would be away this transfer window. Really can't see any way back for him now

Half time pie

Prima Donna that won't change his mind set. Doesn't want to be here any more so let's move on and let him play reserves until the New Year or whenever.

portobellojambo1

The issue is not Jamie Walker. If Sevco had made a bid in the standard way and it had been reasonable then Hearts would have accepted.

The fact seems to be that JW's agent was either tapped by or colluded with Sevco to undermine Hearts position with a player CONTRACTED to Hearts.

Hearts have decided to make a stand, and I wouldn't mind betting that the decision came from the very top.

Hearts will not get the 600k, too bad, but they will have the services of a good player for the rest of the season and Sevco will not. Not too bad a trade off.

In addition I'm guessing that the agent won't be doing much business with us in future. Egg on faces all round, but mostly on the chins of agent, Sevco, and JW.

Have HMFC not had problems with his agent previously. I may be wrong here, but I was told that Jamie's agent is a big Rangers fan and a ST holder at Ibrox. His loyalties on that side may be impacting on the advice he is giving to some of his clients.

We've signed a couple of (hopefully) promising players. They should get priority for places in the team. If (hopefully) they perform well and the team's doing ok, I would be most happy to see Walker steam in his own piss.

Photos and bloody likes on social media. Who cares. We are hearts supporters. We pay to watch the best players we have play in matches and do there very best. Rangers ,Jamie and his agent have robbed us of one of our best players at a vital point of the season. Sorry but I find that unacceptable. Nothing whatsoever to do with all the other pish.nobody but them are responsible. I for one think the club has done the right thing here. We' paying fans have been shafted

My view is simple, if you have an ounce of respect for the club and fans who pay your wages, the last thing you do is 'like' or make reference to any club who you have been heavily linked with a move to. I find it completely ignorant and disrespectful. Given what's happened in his appearances the past 8 months, I wouldn't have him in a hearts jersey again. Wouldn't even play him in the under 20's as as an older player. It seems quite obvious he will sign a pre contract for Rangers in January so I see no reason to aid them for next season by playing someone so uncommitted to the team who still pay his wages. Remember the club made an official statement which said he was offered a contract to make him our highest paid player. He is fully entitled to knock the offer back and go elsewhere, but the club appear to have done all it can to make a really good offer to JW. I really don't think his conduct has been great through all this for a so called proper hearts fan. Personally, I think he should've got his head down and played his backside off until leaving next year. Sadly, Rangers have got in his head so much so that he thought he would be away this transfer window. Really can't see any way back for him now

With you on that, but I'd go a stage further and wouldn't even train him.  Let's see how his dodgy knee reacts to 9 months of training on his own.

He can go and lie in his own pish as far as I'm concerned.

With you on that, but I'd go a stage further and wouldn't even train him. Let's see how his dodgy knee reacts to 9 months of training on his own.

Give him 2 minutes a month so he can't claim he was frozen out. Unless he screws the nut of course.

i wish jj was my dad

If that is the worst he has done then lets face it, it isnt that bad.

The 'worst' he's done is no bother his arse since Xmas.

I could forgive his social media arseholery and put it down to him being an immature wee laddie, and while I seriously doubt he didn't influence his folks or posse to tell lies about the club I could just about live with that too but he's hardly broken sweat this year.  That I can't forgive.  

**** him.  If he isn't willing to get his heid doon and arse up and he's yet to show any sign of that, he can clean the toilets for all I care.

i wish jj was my dad

I like this post a lot.

There is a far bigger picture than the behaviour of an immature young laddie.  We've laid down a marker to the huns and their lickspittles.  

We won't be dicked around by anybody. 

I really hope the club learn from this whole saga . Developing players is not only about on the pitch , it's educating them as to when is the right time to leave, in what manner and the aspirations they should have , which should not include selling to a rival . We get these kids from a young enough age to be getting inside their heads . The JW saga is not the clubs fault but there has been a trend involving young players leaving is way that wasn't ideal

I really hope the club learn from this whole saga . Developing players is not only about on the pitch , it's educating them as to when is the right time to leave, in what manner and the aspirations they should have , which should not include selling to a rival . We get these kids from a young enough age to be getting inside their heads . The JW saga is not the clubs fault but there has been a trend involving young players leaving is way that wasn't ideal

I think what you describe was always part of the intention, but so far we have not managed it.

Perhaps this saga could be a lesson for others, and they might be more responsive to any advice we give.

Ultimately I don't know if there's enough you can do to improve the behaviour and morals of young players. When they're young players just into the first team, it's easy to give them a contract on a decent wage. They're getting more money than they've ever had and they're new to the exciting world of first team football. A couple of years later they've made a name for themselves and it becomes all too apparent that there's even more money to be had and it's only a transfer away. What was once a humble, grateful young player is now a commodity waiting to be maximised. Easy prey to commercially ruthless agent who don't give a **** about clubs, fans and honouring contracts.

Francis Albert

When the strategy was first put forward one of the major criteria for signings was ensuring the player had the right attitude and character. We have clearly departed from that criteria in a number of signings, which can't have set a good example in our development of young players.

As Walker and his feckin agent obviously fell out the same intelligence tree and Walker's future destination is that disgusting bigoted cesspit.

Feck the lot of them and I would make Walker train on his own, let's see the state of him come January.

I am also assuming that Mrs Budge has barred that agent of ever getting near Tynecastle, ever again.

Maybe we need to just forget him and move on. He's highly unlikely to do anything of note for us now. Play someone else and let him go in January if need be.

Captain Canada

It's turned into an outcome where everyone loses. Walker probably won't play much, we lose the input of a good player, Rangers don't get the player they want (boo-hoo) and the agent makes no money (for now at least).

Levein will take no prisoners so it now depends on whether Walker wants to do what he's paid for or take a huge gamble and hope Caixinha is still in a job come January - I certainly wouldn't be optimistic on the last point.

stevie.nolan.5

Must be on his way to Nottingham Forrest, he liked Jason Cummings picture [emoji50][emoji44]

Hearts should run a few session with fans and teach them about how modern football works and how they need to get their heads out the sand when it comes to football, at our level. There isn't a player in our dressing room who wouldn't walk away from the club if the money was correct. There isn't a player in our dressing room who will give a single **** if he upsets the fans by leaving the club, for a fee or not. This isn't a Jamie Walker issue, this is just how modern football is now. It's all about the money and, sadly, Rangers will be offering thousands more than we can. How many of yous right now love your company or your job? How many of us wouldn't walk away from our jobs to better ourselves? How many of us would and or have not worked notices, handed in sick notes till your start date etc. It's modern life and money dictates what everyone does.

Outta all this saga I'd like the club to re-evaluate its relationship with agents and who we work with etc. Here's a wee story of how agents work, in my experience. My friend plays in the Premier League and recently parted ways with his agent of the time. I've sat in the players lounge with his family nearly every 2nd Saturday for the past three seasons. As soon as other agents had caught wind of his imminent departure from his current agent, you couldn't move in the players lounge without an agent trying to push you to push him. They tried to get in the ear of his brother, his wife, his mum, sister in law, me, his dad, basically anyone who would listen. For the two months he was in between agents we had been given a private box at Man City for the champions league games. We got free adidas Merch, Nike Merch and Puma. Treated to fancy meals at fancy restaurants etc all in a bid to win the role as his agent. As soon as he signed to his new agent, the player lounge was empty. Everyone of those agents in that players lounge for those two months had two intentions. Get the contract to represent him and to find him a new club. Hearts will have a similar scenario weekly in the players lounge, hospitality etc. Agents looking to win contracts and get players moves. If Jamie stays at Hearts and signs a new deal, am almost certain his agent gets nowhere near the money he would from securing Jamie a cash move. Why would an agent want his player to stay a club long term? It has barely any benefit to him, at our level, folk like messi's agent etc will be making huge sums just by keeping him in a contract at Barca (and avoiding tax), but at Jamie's level it's all about moves.

With the premier league in England constantly brain washing us and throwing ridiculous amounts of money around, it's all most impossible for us as a club to keep our players grounded about progressing their careers. Players talk, they all know each other's business and who makes what. It's all about keeping up with the jonesies so to speak. Jamie will still be friends with Holt, Wilson etc and he'll be hearing weekly if not daily about money and how much they make etc. It's only natural for his head to be turned. The EPL is killing our game. The money that is pumped into it and the money that filters down into the championship is killing our game. We have a product that can easy compete with the championship and we have access to European football yet players will always choose there over here.

Money and agents. The devils work.

With you on that, but I'd go a stage further and wouldn't even train him. Let's see how his dodgy knee reacts to 9 months of training on his own.

100% this.

Walker can go **** himself.

Another plus for Romanov was that he did not deal with agents.

Can't we just fire this little wage thief ( I use the words wage thief based on the last 4-5 appearances) of to peterhead or berwick on a freebie loan until next summer , this guy should not play for hearts again , his attitude is disgraceful !!!!!!!!

This in spades, spot on.

Big Slim Stylee

yip,  "resistance is futile" it's all been discussed/suggested but lets just go over it all again.

'There are four lights", Jamie :)

Big Slim Stylee

tumblr_mxr8bsUNz81r67g11o8_250.gif

A masterpiece, that. :) Although this is very brilliant. Any excuse to shovel it out.....Jamie if you're going to rot training with the U20s, you got any decent script ideas we could maybe work on?

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived