The neverending saga of Jamie Walker / no deal, he stays at Hearts (updated)

kila

Correct, it does look like him. But it isn't him.

I concur, although he's not bothered his arse since the sevco game in February, that photo isn't him...a dead spit though...it's some west coast hun that is a dead ringer....although granted by his recent performances and unwillingness to sign a new contract you could be mistaken...jawline and shape of head are slightly different

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

giphy.gif

Pretty crude as I rushed it, good lookalike but not him IMO.

Do you know how far apart those pictures were taken?

I think the Rangers one was before he had even broken into the team.

Not saying it will happen and based on recent form it won't, but if Walker rattles in a brace against Aberdeen the weekend can we stop the debate about whether he once wore a Rangers scarf?

I'm just disappointed he wants to go there at all. Hope he pulls out all the stops for us before he goes anywhere.

FWIW, while it's not a clear shot, the boy in the scarf appears to have attached earlobes vs the photos of Walker where they're clearly detached.

If someone takes a closer look and sees something differently, fair point.

FWIW, while it's not a clear shot, the boy in the scarf appears to have attached earlobes vs the photos of Walker where they're clearly detached.

If someone takes a closer look and sees something differently, fair point.

The nose isn't the same either.

If every youth player we developed behaved as disloyal to Hearts like Jamie has there would be no emphasis to develop youth in the first place.

Most players show a lot more respect don't let people on here convince you every player Is like Walker.

Jamie Walker has played 140 games for Hearts over 5 years and scored about 40 goals.

Other youth players we have brought through include:

Paul Ritchie 133 appearances then left

Alan Johnston 84 appearances then left

Gary Naysmith 96 appearances then left

Lee Wallace 139 appearances then left

Craig Gordon 139 appearances then left

Dave Bowman 116 appearances then left

None of them stayed as long as Walker.  Were they less loyal to Hearts?

Even PHM like Robbo, Scott Severin and Gary Locke left us (only having played a few more matches than Walker has).

Loyalty?  Doesn't exist really.  Players move on all the time.

But.....back to your point - a youth set-up which brings through players of this quality and we get 100+ games out of them?  That, for me, is a good youth system, and if we happen to get some transfer fees as well, then even better. 

Jamie Walker has played 140 games for Hearts over 5 years and scored about 40 goals.

Other youth players we have brought through include:

Paul Ritchie 133 appearances then left

Alan Johnston 84 appearances then left

Gary Naysmith 96 appearances then left

Lee Wallace 139 appearances then left

Craig Gordon 139 appearances then left

Dave Bowman 116 appearances then left

None of them stayed as long as Walker. Were they less loyal to Hearts?

Even PHM like Robbo, Scott Severin and Gary Locke left us (only having played a few more matches than Walker has).

Loyalty? Doesn't exist really. Players move on all the time.

But.....back to your point - a youth set-up which brings through players of this quality and we get 100+ games out of them? That, for me, is a good youth system, and if we happen to get some transfer fees as well, then even better.

agree but none of these players family members slagged the club off for months on social media etc saying they offered him a measly ?100 extra a week on a new deal forcing the club to make a an announcement stating he was being offered the chance to be the clubs highest paid player. then none of these players whored themselves around Rangers social media outlets and players accounts going out his way to like and follow every Rangers account that he could possibly could. just Rangers. that is why fans are peaved off with the laddie.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Big Slim Stylee

Hopefully he starts on Saturday and gets back on the scoresheet.

Unsure how you can take this patently flippant attitude when the man's earlobes are now in question.

Can still see the difference in the structure of his face, it's not like he is 5 and going to be totally different.

Anyway...when did this photo surface? When The Rangers showed interest or years ago when the photo was taken, as I've never seen it before recently.

Can still see the difference in the structure of his face, it's not like he is 5 and going to be totally different.

Anyway...when did this photo surface? When The Rangers showed interest or years ago when the photo was taken, as I've never seen it before recently.

It's him. I first saw the photo on Faacbook years ago.

He's still a Jambo.

Hopefully he starts on Saturday and gets back on the scoresheet.

I think we would get the best out of him if he was to play further forward - sort of position Rudi used to play in his second spell.  Waste of his talent to play him as deep as he has been for the past couple of seasons.  Get him on the ball just outside the box.

Not sure where people are getting the idea he'll get some sort of bumper deal from Rangers. He's backed himself into a corner and has absolutely no bargaining power.

He's out of contract, no one else is knocking his agents door and it appears Rangers are his club of choice.

Rangers will pay him slightly more than he would've got here had he signed his new deal. Any talk of life changing money is way off, he'll be slightly better off but he'll likely last about 2 years and end up on a lot less at a Dundee or the likes.

And of course this all depends on what's happening at Rangers come January or the summer. A change in manager, a change in finances anything could happen that means Walker will be left clubless come the summer. More importantly for the Rangers board what will signing Walker achieve, he won't win them the league, will he even be the difference between 2nd and 3rd...not so sure myself.

And if he or his agent thinks Levein will put up with any nonsense from him they're way off the mark. He'll be lucky to get on the training pitch if he's not putting it in.

maroonnicky63

Not sure where people are getting the idea he'll get some sort of bumper deal from Rangers. He's backed himself into a corner and has absolutely no bargaining power.

He's out of contract, no one else is knocking his agents door and it appears Rangers are his club of choice.

Rangers will pay him slightly more than he would've got here had he signed his new deal. Any talk of life changing money is way off, he'll be slightly better off but he'll likely last about 2 years and end up on a lot less at a Dundee or the likes.

And of course this all depends on what's happening at Rangers come January or the summer. A change in manager, a change in finances anything could happen that means Walker will be left clubless come the summer. More importantly for the Rangers board what will signing Walker achieve, he won't win them the league, will he even be the difference between 2nd and 3rd...not so sure myself.

And if he or his agent thinks Levein will put up with any nonsense from him they're way off the mark. He'll be lucky to get on the training pitch if he's not putting it in.

He will '' at least '' double his wages so don't know where you are getting your information from but it is wrong

He will '' at least '' double his wages so don't know where you are getting your information from but it is wrong

Could you tell us the details of the 2 offers? Given you are labeling that as 'wrong', I presume you can tell us the exact value of the 2 offers? 

Or are you speculating like the rest of us?

Think his meeting with Levein this week will be make or break for him as far as his near future with us is concerned.

I think we would get the best out of him if he was to play further forward - sort of position Rudi used to play in his second spell. Waste of his talent to play him as deep as he has been for the past couple of seasons. Get him on the ball just outside the box.

Have you been to any of the games this season?

He's intentionally hiding from the ball and not making any effort to run into space. He's a waste of a jersey in any position.

He should stay out of the team till his attitude in training proves that he's still got the desire to play.

agree but none of these players family members slagged the club off for months on social media etc saying they offered him a measly ?100 extra a week on a new deal forcing the club to make a an announcement stating he was being offered the chance to be the clubs highest paid player. then none of these players whored themselves around Rangers social media outlets and players accounts going out his way to like and follow every Rangers account that he could possibly could. just Rangers. that is why fans are peaved off with the laddie.

Not that I am a JW lover or hater but your comment doesn't really count as social media wasn't really about like it is now. For all you know these past players families might of shouted there mouths off but it would of been in pubs & clubs. Like I said not that I really care, but your comment just stuck out at me.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Double it from where...today or his new contract? The information is gained from this situation happening to a number of players. He will get a basic not much more than his new deal at Hearts were worth. The rest made up in bonuses, which he'll need to earn through playing. If he or that agent of his think different they're living on the moon. Rangers are skint and Walker is worth nothing now.

His option are leave hearts rendering him clubless therefore desperate. Or sign with a sell on clause and hope Rangers really do want him.

Think his meeting with Levein this week will be make or break for him as far as his near future with us is concerned.

You got any idea when this meeting was/is?

i just watched a bit training this morning and one thing i noticed was walker throwing himself into tackles and levein praising his efforts.

There was certainly

scott herbertson

i just watched a bit training this morning and one thing i noticed was walker throwing himself into tackles and levein praising his efforts.

There was certainly

Certainly what?! You can't leave it like that!

There was certainly

Do continue!

Certainly what?! You can't leave it like that!

There was certainly admiration/praise from craig everytime jamie put a tackle in

There was certainly

Heard from a pretty good source that a meeting had been set for the beginning of this week after Walker had been left high and dry after the window "slammed shut". Good to hear that he is putting in the effort at training. The meeting must have been productive then. The team sheet on Saturday will be interesting.

There was certainly admiration praise from craig everytime jamie put a tackle in

Good to hear on both counts.

50 miles give or take.

scott herbertson

There was certainly admiration/praise from craig everytime jamie put a tackle in

cheers, sounds promising

If Levein wasn't sure Walker would give him 100% commitment, then Jamie would be cleaning the toilets!

If Levein wasn't sure Walker would give him 100% commitment, then Jamie would be cleaning the toilets!

what ones surely the upgraded ones anne picked are self cleaning.lol

And Sow makes it 10

Come January, there could be many more clubs other than Sevco looking to sign JW on a pre contract. Some Championship clubs in England would be able to offer more money in wages than Sevco. Ideal situation for me and serves them right. Can you imagine the seethe on Bears Den!!!!

If he's a Rangers fan I wouldn't let him near the toilet they've got form for wrecking them!

Nothing is certain in football and there is every chance Rangers decide against signing him. They may need to use whatever money they do have on a different area of the team, they may be under so much pressure due to how far behind Celtic they are they need a bigger signing, the coach may be sacked and someone with his own targets brought in, they may look at Walker and realize he hasn't kicked a ball in 12 months. Lots of scenarios whereby he doesn't move to Rangers. If he continues to **** Hearts about and perform like he couldn't care less he's playing a very dangerous game as there was so little interest in him throughout the summer and Rangers clearly didn't want him that much!

Come January, there could be many more clubs other than Sevco looking to sign JW on a pre contract. Some Championship clubs in England would be able to offer more money in wages than Sevco. Ideal situation for me and serves them right. Can you imagine the seethe on Bears Den!!!!

Not really

I don't see any championship clubs wanting Walker. They could all have afforded to pay the relative sweeties we were looking for over the last couple of months. There was no interest and his form has completely tailed off throughout 2017.

scott herbertson

I don't see any championship clubs wanting Walker. They could all have afforded to pay the relative sweeties we were looking for over the last couple of months. There was no interest and his form has completely tailed off throughout 2017.

And he was injured prior to that.

If he comes back to the form of early last year though, I'm sure there would be interest

The Future's Maroon

I wish that now the window is closed he either does willingly or forced by the club to do an interview.

Give the fans answers to this sorry saga.

I did say I wish, I don't expect it to happen.

Agreed. Currently he's miles off the level required to get a move down there. I just don't see what options he has, I really hope he takes on board what Levein tells him. He could be chucking all away with his crazy notion that Rangers really want him. Right now he won't get a move to a club prepared to match Hearts offer never mind any of this pie in the sky Rangers 10k a week cobblers!

I wish that now the window is closed he either does willingly or forced by the club to do an interview.

Give the fans answers to this sorry saga.

I did say I wish, I don't expect it to happen.

I wouldn't be too sure with CL running the show....

If Jamie plays on Saturday I hope he has the performance of his life. We could do with the 3 points and on his day Jamie is a match winner.

The Future's Maroon

I wouldn't be too sure with CL running the show....

that was where my wish based thinking came from, the club do read this place to gauge a selection of fans thoughts, hopefully during this rumoured chat with CL he has been told to try mend bridges and explain what happened and his thoughts going forward.

Nothing is certain in football and there is every chance Rangers decide against signing him. They may need to use whatever money they do have on a different area of the team, they may be under so much pressure due to how far behind Celtic they are they need a bigger signing, the coach may be sacked and someone with his own targets brought in, they may look at Walker and realize he hasn't kicked a ball in 12 months. Lots of scenarios whereby he doesn't move to Rangers. If he continues to **** Hearts about and perform like he couldn't care less he's playing a very dangerous game as there was so little interest in him throughout the summer and Rangers clearly didn't want him that much!

Agree. If rangers sack their manager, which wouldn't be a shock, he could be left in a real difficult situation.

His only option is to try and get back to the form he was at and get his move that way.

The thing that puzzles me about Jamie is that anyone who knows the role that the old Rangers and the new club have played in Scotland's social problems would want to have anything to do with them, especially if you have enough talent to do much better.

If the lad just doesn't want to leave Scotland for personal reasons then too bad, but if he lacks the imagination to see better opportunities elsewhere then that's sad.

The thing that puzzles me about Jamie is that anyone who knows the role that the old Rangers and the new club have played in Scotland's social problems would want to have anything to do with them, especially if you have enough talent to do much better.

If the lad just doesn't want to leave Scotland for personal reasons then too bad, but if he lacks the imagination to see better opportunities elsewhere then that's sad.

Not sure why that would puzzle you.....he's as thick as two short planks!

Yes I'm sure the players who have signed for them have had that thought prior to signing...........they'll have weighed up the pros and cons and guess what money won out.

They are professional football players and as such money is the main driving force not a social conscience

Fans are always telling us about things like that but in their own lives they would move jobs in a heartbeat for 2 or 3 times their salary without a thought

The Future's Maroon

Doesn't Jamie know David Templeton, could ask him about his experience 'chasing the dream'?!

• davemclaren locked this topic

Archived