Nicholson leaving - deal with Minnesota close to completion

Romulus

RustyRightPeg

Diet is obviously really important - this article on Ryan Fraser at Bournemouth is interesting:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/ryan-fraser-reveals-ditched-diet-9664536.amp

Diet & some fans who back you, as Bournemouth fans do whenever Fraser touches the ball. Confidence also helps.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have we replaced our Sports Scientist who left to join MK Dons ?

I've not read that there has been a new appointment. However, John Hill was not the entire sports science dept.

Captain Canada

Diet & some fans who back you, as Bournemouth fans do whenever Fraser touches the ball. Confidence also helps.

I agree. I was really disappointed when he got booed. Everyone has their opinions but I think this board is the best place to air them, rather than shouting abuse or booing players at a match.

Our support in general has hindered the team in recent times rather than motivating them to do better.

RustyRightPeg

I agree. I was really disappointed when he got booed. Everyone has their opinions but I think this board is the best place to air them, rather than shouting abuse or booing players at a match.

Our support in general has hindered the team in recent times rather than motivating them to do better.

Yup. People forget that these Footballers are also human beings and have feelings, as soppy as it sounds.

Aberdeen fan here, from what I'd heard Nicholson to Aberdeen is very likely. Once McIness's future is sorted out (meant to be signing a new deal soon) both Greg Stewart and Nicholson will be new signigns to follow with Hayes leaving (un-sure wether to the Tims or down south).Consensus from our fans is that he has his moments where he looks quality but can often fade out of a game

For me, similar ish to McGinn, on his day could be the best player on the park, just never finds the consistency needed to make it at the top level

Nicolson is a great player and well worth ?400k. But we have better if Aberdeen have suddenly come across a glut of cash. We have an international left back and another international defensive midfielder who are sensational and another international striker who would be a steal.

Nicholson is a one trick pony. Cuts in all the time.

Cant remember the last time he actually got the ball to the by line and cut it back.

Honestly will not miss him.

Walter Bishop

Aberdeen fan here, from what I'd heard Nicholson to Aberdeen is very likely. Once McIness's future is sorted out (meant to be signing a new deal soon) both Greg Stewart and Nicholson will be new signigns to follow with Hayes leaving (un-sure wether to the Tims or down south).Consensus from our fans is that he has his moments where he looks quality but can often fade out of a game

For me, similar ish to McGinn, on his day could be the best player on the park, just never finds the consistency needed to make it at the top level

McInnes is offski.  :2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:  :2thumbsup:

maroonnicky63

About booing Nicholson.

Would it not be a good idea that at the end of the season we can get rid of the shite fans as well as the shite players, what a team and support we would have, maybe paterson would come back after all the abuse he has taken on here, oh no sorry everyone loves him now.

About booing Nicholson.

Would it not be a good idea that at the end of the season we can get rid of the shite fans as well as the shite players, what a team and support we would have, maybe paterson would come back after all the abuse he has taken on here, oh no sorry everyone loves him now.

You won't be happy till you've got Tynecastle to your self.

FYI my definition of a shite fan is a fan who takes the side of treacherous players who disrespect the club and fans.

Does that ring any bells with you ?

No loss. Sometimes at about 70 mins or when he is kicked in the face you notice he is playing.

The Sam love-in is a big cringe for me.

Easily replaceable, with a little effort easily replaced with someone who turns up on the field of play.

stirlingshirejambo

About booing Nicholson.

Great idea

Can we get rid of the shite posters on here too at an end of season cull

the big show

Great idea

Can we get rid of the shite posters on here too at an end of season cull

AYE.. Well just you remember close the door quietly when your leaving  :uhoh2:

maroonnicky63

You won't be happy till you've got Tynecastle to your self.

FYI my definition of a shite fan is a fan who takes the side of treacherous players who disrespect the club and fans.

Does that ring any bells with you ?

Look in the mirror and you will see one of the worst ones. You remind me of a fan in the wheatfield stand who was slaughtering Paterson but as soon as the big man walked over and had a word he almost shit himself, it's easy having a go on here when you are not face to face . cheap and cowardly and you fit right in with a few more on here , grow a pair.

Another thing with Nicholson, moving away from the physical side of things, is the mental side of it.

He hasn't progressed as a footballer mentally. He can't read the game, spot when he needs to defend, see the runs he has to make, play the balls into the correct areas.

A player who has developed a good footballing brain doesn't play the ball to the striker. He plays it to the spot where the striker is going to be seconds later. Nicholson doesn't have that. Every ball is crossed it or floated at random.

He still looks and acts like the school boy instead of the experienced pro he should now be.

Agreed.  One of the most frustrating players I've seen at Tynecastle in years.

When he first broke into the side he was quite direct and done pretty much everything at pace but last season and the one before that he wanted 10 touches on the ball and then he'd lose the thing.

I'll be delighted if he ends up at Aberdeen as the ?400K they'd have to fork out would be absolute robbery.

maroonnicky63

Agreed.  One of the most frustrating players I've seen at Tynecastle in years.

When he first broke into the side he was quite direct and done pretty much everything at pace but last season and the one before that he wanted 10 touches on the ball and then he'd lose the thing.

I'll be delighted if he ends up at Aberdeen as the ?400K they'd have to fork out would be absolute robbery.

My god the Drivel that comes out of your gobs is amazing. Paterson, Nicholson and Walker your own home grown players for god sake will be delighted to get away from you lot. Embarrassing

My god the Drivel that comes out of your gobs is amazing. Paterson, Nicholson and Walker your own home grown players for god sake will be delighted to get away from you lot. Embarrassing

Are you suggesting our home grown players deserve some special treatment just because they came through our academy?

Every player in our team whether they have been with the club since they were 5 years old or been with us all of 5 months should be treated equally.

Walker ****s off too often and is shockingly slow for a winger/attacking midfielder. On his best day he's unplayable but normally that is him hitting the net from 20-25 yards rather than him actually bossing a game. If look at the likes of Hayes and the pace, drive, hunger and ability he brought to Aberdeen we don't have ANY player who is willing to put that shift in with that much impact. The one we did have was a right back. Speaking of which....

Paterson was a brutal defender for a long time but is finally maturing into a top class defender as well as attacker. We'll sadly never see the best of him if he recovers fully from injury.

Nicholson is how I described him above in previous post.

If anyone asks me if we can replace Paterson the answer is absolutely not. We might find a good defender or someone who can get up and down the line but we won't replace the full package.

If anyone asks me if we can replace Walker I think we will struggle to replace his goals from midfield but we will be able to find someone who can increase the pace with which we attack because half our problems are players like walker and Nicholson get on the ball and give the opponents all the time they need to recover their positions.

Nicholson will be very replaceable.

stirlingshirejambo

Agreed. One of the most frustrating players I've seen at Tynecastle in years.

I agree

I was so excited when I first saw him play

Two footed tricky pacy

Maybe he stalled due to having play in a strict formation

When he and Jamie used to switch wings he showed he can play on both sides

Now he only seems happy playing on left cutting in and shooting

Showed odd flashes of brilliance but too few to be a regular star performer

Maybe he needs a move to kick on

Maybe he won't and will be another mchattie or king

I hope he does but not sure he has the mental strength

Can you state what you perceive to be drivel in Le Chats post?

His assessment of Nicholsons performance over the last 18 months is pretty accurate IMO.

Can you provide a different assessment to counter this or are you just going to abuse everyone who's opinions are different to yours?

Watt-Zeefuik

So to review, Sam wanted away and thought he could get a big paycheck elsewhere.

Minnesota seems luke warm on him and his next best prospect appears to be Aberdeen.  But the Scottish window is wide open and there's still no deal done almost a week after first reports.

Again -- I think Sam wanted away because he thought his contract offer at Hearts was too small.  I think he's finding out that our offer was fully market rate and that the grass away isn't any greener.

I wonder if Levein has washed his hands of him entirely or if he'd put the contract offer back on the table for him if he changes his mind.

So to review, Sam wanted away and thought he could get a big paycheck elsewhere.

Minnesota seems luke warm on him and his next best prospect appears to be Aberdeen. But the Scottish window is wide open and there's still no deal done almost a week after first reports.

Again -- I think Sam wanted away because he thought his contract offer at Hearts was too small. I think he's finding out that our offer was fully market rate and that the grass away isn't any greener.

I wonder if Levein has washed his hands of him entirely or if he'd put the contract offer back on the table for him if he changes his mind.

Decent (second) offer from us but he thinks CL is a dick. FACT

slashishere

Decent (second) offer from us but he thinks CL is a dick. FACT

Id argue a lot of employees think their directors are dicks but are still happy to work for them and pick up a wage??

Don't see why football is that different.

Will the new Aberdeen manager be interested in Sam? Can't see Mcinnes taking him ti Sunderland.

Sent from my LG-K350 using Tapatalk

EIEIO, on 14 Jun 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Will the new Aberdeen manager be interested in Sam? Can't see Mcinnes taking him ti Sunderland.

Would Sam want to go up there?

No idea would seem to be his only rumoured option in Scotland.

?400k is a huge sum for anyone in Scotland to pay outwith Celtic and Rangers. Aberdeen have made some shrewd signings in recent seasons but i can't see them spending that on a player who is notoriously inconsistent.

I wonder if Hearts might decide to waive some portion of the compensation to move him on if he's not in the plans as we really need value for money in the squad. Unused players are a waste of a wage and they'd maybe be as well taking a hit.

What now Sammy boy

Doubt McInnes will want you at Sunderland

Minnesota or bust...

Regrets ?

What now Sammy boy

Minnesota or bust...

Regrets ?

51VJ2C550XL.jpg

I'd imagine there a very realistic possibility that Sam and Agent are back peddling and trying to establish if a contract offer can go back on the table

Escobar PHM

?400k is a huge sum for anyone in Scotland to pay outwith Celtic and Rangers. Aberdeen have made some shrewd signings in recent seasons but i can't see them spending that on a player who is notoriously inconsistent.

I wonder if Hearts might decide to waive some portion of the compensation to move him on if he's not in the plans as we really need value for money in the squad. Unused players are a waste of a wage and they'd maybe be as well taking a hit.

Why would we waive compensation exactly ? He isnt a Hearts player, he's a free agent. We don't need to move him on, he's already moved on. He doesn't seem to have anywhere to move to as of this moment but that's not our problem. He will get a club before the window shuts and as long as it isn't in the States we will get the ?300k or so we are due. Accepting less for the matter of a few weeks would be utterly stupid.

Why would we waive compensation exactly ? He isnt a Hearts player, he's a free agent. We don't need to move him on, he's already moved on. He doesn't seem to have anywhere to move to as of this moment but that's not our problem. He will get a club before the window shuts and as long as it isn't in the States we will get the ?300k or so we are due. Accepting less for the matter of a few weeks would be utterly stupid.

I've a feeling it will go to a tribunal.  The contract offer must be on the table until he signs with another side so he can stay all he likes.  He's indicated he wants to leave which is technically not the same as rejecting our offer. 

Yeah that's fair - in my head he was still on the books and being paid. Not sure why I thought that!

But is there not a school of thought that as it stands we have no income from him. Waiving some of the fee allows us to bring in some cash which can be used in this window, rather than letting the window close and missing out on someone else?

Craig Gordons Gloves

Hold on a minute - he's not moving to Minnesota? 

Shite! I just remortgaged the hoose to open the first Nando's franchise here. I'm ruined.

tolcross lad

Nicholson has not received an offer from Hearts that does not match what he can receive elsewhere.I think that  Sam still has potential to be a very good SPFL player.we may regret letting him go so easily and he is a local lad.

kingantti1874

Nicholson has not received an offer from Hearts that does not match what he can receive elsewhere.I think that Sam still has potential to be a very good SPFL player.we may regret letting him go so easily and he is a local lad.

If he's got so many great offers elsewhere why isn't he elsewhere.. They are hardly kicking down the door for him.. If the sheep want him they will have to pay

Why should he have any regrets ??

Are you a players agent ?

Why do you never support the club over players ?

Nicholson has not received an offer from Hearts that does not match what he can receive elsewhere.I think that  Sam still has potential to be a very good SPFL player.we may regret letting him go so easily and he is a local lad.

Presumably you didn't intend the double negative?

Jean Louis Valois

Wish he'd just sign a new deal, seems daft for him to leave when we have no wingers

Escobar PHM

Yeah that's fair - in my head he was still on the books and being paid. Not sure why I thought that!

But is there not a school of thought that as it stands we have no income from him. Waiving some of the fee allows us to bring in some cash which can be used in this window, rather than letting the window close and missing out on someone else?

Yes, by doing that we'd potentially get less cash but we'd get it a few weeks sooner. Thats assuming the deal is its paid right away. Frankly I hope we're not that cash strapped that we'd do that.

I'm not convinced he has a solid offer on the table just yet and he may be with us next season.

Nicholson has not received an offer from Hearts that does not match what he can receive elsewhere.I think that Sam still has potential to be a very good SPFL player.we may regret letting him go so easily and he is a local lad.

Any chance you could redo in English please?

Escobar PHM

What now Sammy boy

Minnesota or bust...

Regrets ?

McInnes staying at Aberdeen it appears.

stirlingshirejambo

this looks awkward now....

Not really

Maybe he is waiting on another offer from elsewhere

I wouldn't put money on him still being there at start of the season

Not really

Maybe he is waiting on another offer from elsewhere

I wouldn't put money on him still being there at start of the season

Given the club have said he's here till 2019 I would assume he'd be our manager for at least this season. Going to garuntee he'll be gone before 2020, think a club in england will snap him up soon enough. But he sounds committed to maintaing us as the second team in scotland and wanting to give a better showing in Europe this season

Archived