Nicholson leaving - deal with Minnesota close to completion

Romulus

If Nicholson signed for Rangers and we got the full compo for him that would be a great deal for us, he's bang average at best.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

Your not very good at this message board stuff are you dellboy? 4 times this thread appears, 4 times!! 

Seymour M Hersh

If Nicholson signed for Rangers and we got the full compo for him that would be a great deal for us, he's bang average at best.

Would not improve SevCo imo.

Can't help but laugh at the last few words..

Aberdeen, Barnsley, Bristol City and Minnesota United are all interested in snapping up the forward.

And Rangers could face an anxious wait, as they allow Nicholson to decide on the next step to take in his burgeoning career.

Burgeoning means to develop quickly or rise rapidly so it's an odd way to describe someone whose career has, at best, stalled.

The standard of writing in HITC is generally even worse than some of the stuff that appears in the Scotsman.

maroonnicky63

You never know in football they both may stay but I doubt it perhaps they both need a change as they have been at the club for around 10 years I think but never say never especially in football.

Would rather Sam went to rangers and hearts got 3/4K than him go to USA and we get nothing

Don't think Rangers are after either. They are after far bigger names

Aye, I agree. Doesn't reflect well on Walker but if the huns don't want him would be a good opportunity to get him signed up long term.

Heard suggestions that Cardiff may be interested in Walker.

Maybe Callum can or has put a good word in for him. More chance of a decent fee from down there than Rangers I would have thought.

Walker will end up there then sold for double next summer I reckon. 

Where, Ibrox or Cardiff?

If I were Sam I'd be dashing towards Bristol or Barnsley as fast as I could.

There's an opportunity there to get into English football at a decent level for a young player go get regular games and grow. Frankly if you're offered that and you have any ambitions at all to reach a higher level you have to take it.

maroonnicky63

it's game time for me that is more important and that's why I don't think either will go to Rangers as they are still young and developing.

I think they will choose to go to a team where they will get game time, Rangers is not the answer for either of them but you never know.

maroonnicky63

If I were Sam I'd be dashing towards Bristol or Barnsley as fast as I could.

There's an opportunity there to get into English football at a decent level for a young player go get regular games and grow. Frankly if you're offered that and you have any ambitions at all to reach a higher level you have to take it.

very good point and spot on

The Treasurer

Those saying "game time" is the most important thing, would you choose job satisfaction over doubling your salary ?

Doubt many would so why do you expect football players to be different ?

Only players who are 100% confident in their own ability to make further progress will choose to take the smaller club, smaller wage route.

Whether Walker or Nicholson have that confidence remains to be seen.

Lucille's Thirsty

We've let too many players go already and haven't replaced them if we're taking this season seriously we need to keep a hold of our best players and that is Walker.

We shouldn't be selling our players to either of the old firm that should be a rule in our club.

maroonnicky63

We've let too many players go already and haven't replaced them if we're taking this season seriously we need to keep a hold of our best players and that is Walker.

We shouldn't be selling our players to either of the old firm that should be a rule in our club.

there is no point in keeping unhappy players, Walker and Nicholson have made it clear they want to go for whatever reason and we should let them go what's the point in keeping them ?

The club releasing the statements shows their intention to sell Walker.  I can't see him staying at all. 

franko1874

The club releasing the statements shows their intention to sell Walker. I can't see him staying at all.

There's no doubt about it but the buyer needs to meet the asking price before he goes anywhere

Maybe Callum can or has put a good word in for him. More chance of a decent fee from down there than Rangers I would have thought.

Cardiff have pulled out of the Hayes deal so this could be true.

You think Walker would cut it in the English championship? I don't.

Agree. I'd be surprised at any British club wanting to stump up ?400k for him tbh.

Watt-Zeefuik

I wonder if he went to Minnesota with some idea of what an MLS club looked like and got a rude awakening when he got there.  They're a well-run club with one of the best supporters groups in the US but sitting the bench for the fourth most popular professional team in a mid-sized US city where it's cold enough in the winter to watch soap bubbles shatter may not be the big move he had in mind.

If he moves within the UK I hope it's down south and not to Ibrox, but I'm also not 100% convinced he won't change his mind and sign a new contract with Hearts.

Livvyjambo

I wonder if he went to Minnesota with some idea of what an MLS club looked like and got a rude awakening when he got there. They're a well-run club with one of the best supporters groups in the US but sitting the bench for the fourth most popular professional team in a mid-sized US city where it's cold enough in the winter to watch soap bubbles shatter may not be the big move he had in mind.

If he moves within the UK I hope it's down south and not to Ibrox, but I'm also not 100% convinced he won't change his mind and sign a new contract with Hearts.

Agree with your last point

RustyRightPeg

Yup I do. He's sound enough technically.

Yes, with the right guidance and training he would make it 100%.

I think if Sam really wants to take the next step, he needs to have a serious think about the conditioning aspect of his training regime.  At the moment, he could hardly knock the skin off a rice pudding and English Championship level defenders wouldn't find him much of a handful.  The same goes for Walker, to an extent.  It's comething that Paterson seemed to realise and took action to address.

Maybe Patersons trying to gets us that million pound fee. He got injured, so going to sell Warnock on Walker as a favour : )

Just get the two of them sold and get replacements who actually want to play for us.

Walker's not a bad player at SPFL level but has to be treated with kid gloves because of his injury history.

Nicholson i don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of getting the full development fee.

If they are the standard Rangers are looking at they wont be winning trophies any time soon.

The thought of giving Walker a new contract just because Rangers may not want him is wrong.

If Sam goes to Aberdeen then questions need to be asked of his ambition

If he goes to Rangers its for financial reasons

If he goes south then he can at least make the excuse he's moving to improve himself though many of the clubs mentioned are not at the top end of the championship. It would put him in the shop window.......but his injury record over the last couple of years has impacted greatly on his career.

socrates82

I can't see any club paying over 200,000 or even close for Nicolson. He failed to establish himself in our first team so it's very much a Jason Holt situation. I'm sure we'll settle for 50 grand or so from whoever will take him. Wouldn't be surprised to see him at Aberdeen.

Walker is a different level of player entirely and we should hold out for top whack.

kingantti1874

Just get the two of them sold and get replacements who actually want to play for us.

Walker's not a bad player at SPFL level but has to be treated with kid gloves because of his injury history.

Nicholson i don't think we have a cat in hell's chance of getting the full development fee.

If they are the standard Rangers are looking at they wont be winning trophies any time soon.

The thought of giving Walker a new contract just because Rangers may not want him is wrong.

Why would anyone leave hearts.. Full houses, top stadium, best training facilities in the country.. To go to Aberdeen, play is a half empty shithole, train in a field.. Sure they were better than us last season.. Not exactly been the pattern for the last 30 years and highly unlikely to be sustained.

Saying that.. I think hes pretty shit.. Vanishes when the going gets tough.. So I'd probably lol

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

oh no right were it hurts how the hell am I going to sleep, ''phone the police'' phone the Samaritans I am so hurt, and you can get a life nobby I care not a jot, lets say it all together now ''I care not a jot'' see it's working I feel great now. THANKS

Alright ******?

richiehmfc

If he ends up at rangers or Aberdeen I would not be in the least bit bothered. I'm surprised eithe club is interested to be honest

socrates82

If he ends up at rangers or Aberdeen I would not be in the least bit bothered. I'm surprised eithe club is interested to be honest

If he can't establish himself with us, I can't see him becoming a first team regular with Rangers or Aberdeen. I'd be happy to keep him as a decent squad player and I think that's what he'd be at those clubs too. If he can get more money doing the same job for them, then fair enough. He's not good enough for us to break the bank for though.

Jamboelite

The lad doesnt have the mentality, conditioning or consistency for me to be concerned about where he signs.

He may play a good game against us but over the piece he will be a poor signing for someone unless a complete mental change on his part.

Why would anyone leave hearts.. Full houses, top stadium, best training facilities in the country.. To go to Aberdeen, play is a half empty shithole, train in a field.. Sure they were better than us last season.. Not exactly been the pattern for the last 30 years and highly unlikely to be sustained.

Saying that.. I think hes pretty shit.. Vanishes when the going gets tough.. So I'd probably lol

Remember McInnes could be off very shortly, that would be a huge gamble for Nicholson

Would Aberdeen be prepared to gamble 400k on Nicholson

Archived