Nicholson leaving - deal with Minnesota close to completion

Romulus

Watt-Zeefuik

Good luck Sam, you and your girlfriend will LOVE the life over here, despite the fact ye cannae get a decent pint, fish supper or deep fried mars bar - best wishes on your fantastic opportunity :sunny:  

He'll be over in time for the Minnesota State Fair, where you can get deep fried whatever-the-f----you-want.  So long as it's on a stick.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He'll be over in time for the Minnesota State Fair, where you can get deep fried whatever-the-f----you-want.  So long as it's on a stick.

UA, anything deep fried on a stick you say? What kind of heaven is this - just been added to my bucket list  :sunny:

A player who chooses to go and play in the MLS at pretty much the start of his career is a player who is clearly not serious about his game, has no interest to improve and is just going over probably coz the bird wants to.

With this (obvious) attitude he has then thank **** he will not be at Hearts next season.

FFS can we please get some hungry players who strive to be the best at our club.

A player who chooses to go and play in the MLS at pretty much the start of his career is a player who is clearly not serious about his game, has no interest to improve and is just going over probably coz the bird wants to.

With this (obvious) attitude he has then thank **** he will not be at Hearts next season.

FFS can we please get some hungry players who strive to be the best at our club.

A couple of years playing at MLS standard and I can't see how he will improve as a player.

Might get a trial with St Mirren or Motherwell when his contract is up

Poor career choice

A couple of years playing at MLS standard and I can't see how he will improve as a player.

Poor career choice

It is almost like football is just a hobby to him.

Poor career choice

Did David weir not go over to the US for a couple of seasons in his early years?

Forget the stadium.. Minessota even have their own ultras

Would be a ******* disgrace if we don't copy "nuts of a warrior"

https://youtu.be/oJX53ijw4sk

Fist of Gorgie where are you... :rofl:

Christ that looks dire...

This post couldn't be further from the truth.

The difference is a team not having to pay the development fee can offer a better package than a team who has to pay it.

This post couldn't be further from the truth.

The difference is a team not having to pay the development fee can offer a better package than a team who has to pay it.

Is becoming a better footballer in that 'package'?

Did David weir not go over to the US for a couple of seasons in his early years?

Yeah but to study and part of a scholarship.  He was never a pro then and took a backward step. Every move he made in his playing career was a forward one.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Forget the stadium.. Minessota even have their own ultras

Would be a ******* disgrace if we don't copy "nuts of a warrior"

https://youtu.be/oJX53ijw4sk

Fist of Gorgie where are you... :rofl:

:lol:

Enjoy Sam lad. Absolutely guaranteed that in three years time you'll be trying to get back to Dundee United or some such club.

fabienleclerq

Tbf he'll earn a decent wage and get to live stateside for a while, I'd take that over living in aberdeen. Good luck to him.

Tbf he'll earn a decent wage and get to live stateside for a while, I'd take that over living in aberdeen. Good luck to him.

I get that if it?s all about a stop gap or just a bit of fun.  I moved to States when I was Sammy?s age and literally shagged and drank myself senseless for a year and a half and earned a big wedge to throw into the bargain.  However, I am not a professional athlete.  Athletes are in it to win and be the best, if you are not of this mindset then sport is not for you.  Has he no pride? Has he no desire?

David Weir played college football in the USA, he came back to Falkirk his hometown club at 23

Is becoming a better footballer in that 'package'?

I'm sure he will be training at better facilities and playing in better stadiums than most of his other choices.  A lot of players in mid twenties are now moving to European sides, this isn't a step backwards for him at all. 

Glamorgan Jambo

I'm sure he will be training at better facilities and playing in better stadiums than most of his other choices.  A lot of players in mid twenties are now moving to European sides, this isn't a step backwards for him at all. 

You're probably right there although doing a quick google search on MN United throws up a few questions - e.g. ground was broken for the stadium last December but nothing seems to have happened since save a few arguments with the tenants of a strip mall that currently occupies the site although recently they announced a further ground breaking with completion supposedly some time in 2019. They're currently 'rattling around' in a 50K capacity college football stadium.

And they have quite an international player roster which has a salary range from 50K to 500K (dollars). So no idea what Sam is currently on but looking at the roster it's not impossible he could be offered a package between 150K and 250K per year. Anyway if he signs we'll know exactly what he's earning..

So if his agent has done his job properly then it could be an okay move but he won't be in any shop window other than perhaps the better clubs in the MLS (MN Utd are bottom of their conference) and of course back here in Scotland.

The Future's Maroon

It's nothing special for me

151515.png

That's not the image I seen when I searched last night, although I still think that is a nice stadium the one I found (must be for the American Football team) looked a stunner.

Glamorgan Jambo

That's not the image I seen when I searched last night, although I still think that is a nice stadium the one I found (must be for the American Football team) looked a stunner.

the reason that there are different images floating around is that the design hasn't been finalised yet. These images are more akin to Vlad's main stand development masterpieces.

Watt-Zeefuik

UA, anything deep fried on a stick you say? What kind of heaven is this - just been added to my bucket list  :sunny:

:lol: A good American state fair is a cultural experience not to be missed. Corn dogs (hot dog dipped in cornbread batter then deep fried) and funnel cakes/elephant ears/fried dough have been a staple for years, and for some reason Minnesota's State Fair seems to be obsessed with food on a stick, but we've taken it to another level in the past 20 years. Deep fried candy bars hit here about 15 years ago (many thanks, Scotland!) and, well, here we are: http://www.delish.com/cooking/g1879/unusual-state-fair-food/

Sam may very well "bulk up" while in Minnesota but in the wrong way. :lol:

Glamorgan Jambo

:lol: A good American state fair is a cultural experience not to be missed. Corn dogs (hot dog dipped in cornbread batter then deep fried) and funnel cakes/elephant ears/fried dough have been a staple for years, and for some reason Minnesota's State Fair seems to be obsessed with food on a stick, but we've taken it to another level in the past 20 years. Deep fried candy bars hit here about 15 years ago (many thanks, Scotland!) and, well, here we are: http://www.delish.com/cooking/g1879/unusual-state-fair-food/

Sam may very well "bulk up" while in Minnesota but in the wrong way. :lol:

Midwestern state and county fairs are a sight to behold for those not familiar with them (I lived for a spell in Michigan). Fried food, ropey rides manned by 'Carnies' and country music from guys with huge cowboy hats as well as special performances by bands like 'Foreigner' (featuring one guy who did a single tour with the band of the same name). And people literally drive a hundred miles or more for these.

Dalstonjambo

I get that if it?s all about a stop gap or just a bit of fun. I moved to States when I was Sammy?s age and literally shagged and drank myself senseless for a year and a half and earned a big wedge to throw into the bargain. However, I am not a professional athlete. Athletes are in it to win and be the best, if you are not of this mindset then sport is not for you. Has he no pride? Has he no desire?

Have you regretted leaving ever since? As this would explain your constant negativity

Have you regretted leaving ever since? As this would explain your constant negativity

I certainly don?t get my Nat King as much nowadays

:sob:

[emoji38] A good American state fair is a cultural experience not to be missed. Corn dogs (hot dog dipped in cornbread batter then deep fried) and funnel cakes/elephant ears/fried dough have been a staple for years, and for some reason Minnesota's State Fair seems to be obsessed with food on a stick, but we've taken it to another level in the past 20 years. Deep fried candy bars hit here about 15 years ago (many thanks, Scotland!) and, well, here we are: http://www.delish.com/cooking/g1879/unusual-state-fair-food/

Sam may very well "bulk up" while in Minnesota but in the wrong way. [emoji38]

Thats why 95% of Americans are overweight

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hairy Nugget

Have been to Florida state fair.Huge fair,agricultural and animal stalls.You could hand feed giraffes in a tent and watch bears in a paddling pool,which had a token fence round them.Unlimited food!!Better than disney world.

Flight is on 24th.

Tuesday 27th. FACT.

Everything signed today.

Enjoy Sam, the idiots on here know **** all about your time here. I appreciated you ;)

Tuesday 27th. FACT.

Everything signed today.

Enjoy Sam, the idiots on here know **** all about your time here. I appreciated you ;)

Makes sense. MLS transfer window opens early July.

Good luck Sam. I'd welcome you back with open arms.

Prior to his injury last season he was in very good form but his history with the club is just that periods of good form followed by injury then a period of struggle to establish himself once more.

I wish him well and there is an element of bravery in his choice of club and location.

The danger is he disappears off a cliff as a football player but lets hope that does not happen and he goes on to have a good career with the usual caveat of not against us.

Have been to Florida state fair.Huge fair,agricultural and animal stalls.You could hand feed giraffes in a tent and watch bears in a paddling pool,which had a token fence round them.Unlimited food!!Better than disney world.

Sounds like animal cruelty .....but hope Sam loves his time there

Son Of Anarchy

Nothing bad to say about Sam. Wish him nothing but good luck. Disappointed he didn't become the player I'd hoped he had with us.

Looks better from the outside.

minnesota-united-soccer-stadium-renderin

Can't disagree with any of that.

Had high hopes for the lad, disappointed he didn't turn into the player I thought he would.

Ah well.

Escobar PHM

Off topic but Feck me ,there are still folk around who actually pay to see this barbaric treatment of wild animals ?

Looks better from the outside.

minnesota-united-soccer-stadium-renderin

how many UFO sightings are going to be called in after that's lit up for the 1st time?

good luck to Sam, good player for us when on form, unfortunately that wasn't often enough. as for minnesota, my only knowledge comes from the mighty ducks films.....Gordon Bombay, the minnesota miracle man.

maroonnicky63

My god you just talk utter pish everything you put on here is so negative. I think it's a brave move for Sam and may work for him ( I hope it does ) who knows but your constant negativity is boring as you will see from some of the decent fans on here have highlighted. Go on holiday for Christ sake and come back with a smile on your coupon

My god you just talk utter pish everything you put on here is so negative. I think it's a brave move for Sam and may work for him ( I hope it does ) who knows but your constant negativity is boring as you will see from some of the decent fans on here have highlighted. Go on holiday for Christ sake and come back with a smile on your coupon

He admits himself he's a negative nelly, can't argue with what he said in that particular post though mate.

Off topic but Feck me ,there are still folk around who actually pay to see this barbaric treatment of wild animals ?

Very much off topic but glad to see someone else picking up on the casual mention of abuse and torture simply for brain dead halfwits amusement....

Anyway on topic, chin chin Sam.....can you imagine though the yanks trying to understand him talking! Yowser.....

Shit, I am genuinely trying to be more upbeat and genuinely think that all post/pre season I have been.  I've not even abused Cathro or the hippy for weeks.

I am just really disappointed in yet another young Scottish player not being driven enough to be the best.  You can gloss it all you want but a move to play ?soccer? in the States is a serious step down from European football.

RustyRightPeg

Shit, I am genuinely trying to be more upbeat and genuinely think that all post/pre season I have been.  I've not even abused Cathro or the hippy for weeks.

I am just really disappointed in yet another young Scottish player not being driven enough to be the best.  You can gloss it all you want but a move to play ?soccer? in the States is a serious step down from European football.

He's not going stateside cause his Mrs wants to.

The facilities and package they've offered him are far superior to what he'd be offered here, or even down south. The league over there is growing arms and legs, and although the quality might not be the best, it gives him a chance to go and do his thing away from the negativity and malice of our fans who boo'd him.

maroonnicky63

He's not going stateside cause his Mrs wants to.

The facilities and package they've offered him are far superior to what he'd be offered here, or even down south. The league over there is growing arms and legs, and although the quality might not be the best, it gives him a chance to go and do his thing away from the negativity and malice of our fans who boo'd him.

Wow, spot on as well I would have thought

maroonnicky63

he is only 22 FFS not the finished article by a long shot , this could be a great move for him so instead of being bloody negative just wish the young lad good luck , very brave for me and I don't believe it is anything to do with his GF either you just added that in as a bitchy comment

Archived