Nicholson leaving - deal with Minnesota close to completion

Romulus

maroonnicky63

You dont have to defend every single player, you do know some havent made it at Hearts and deserve that to be highlighted whether they are 18 and Scottish or 38 and Ukranian.

Every single thread you are on defending to the death why not have an actual opinion where you recognise some players havent made it.

being a supporters does not give you the licence to come on here and rubbish players like you and your pals do. There are many players who in my opinion were not good enough last season Nicholson not being one because of the serious injury he ended up with shortly into the season, he started very well and looked sharp. He missed nearly 6 months of the season and to come back from an injury like that is not easy.I will always support the players on here because it is not there fault they are not good enough the management need to take the responsibility because it is them that bring in the players and coach them.Lets see who they bring in for next season as you will have a new breed to insult

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Re the sell on fee.

I don't follow MLS but I can't recall anyone ever moving to/from that league that involved a transfer fee, I just thought they picked up players out of contract, paid them big bucks and released them from contract when done.

Is that not the case anymore?

If so is the sell on fee clause not just a complete red herring?

Apologies if already asked

That was never the case, but given the media here's coverage of MLS you would be led to think it was.

stirlingshirejambo

Will be interesting when the MLS publish their wages to see exactly what San is moving for

My guess would be he's trying it for the lifestyle and a change of scenery as much as the cash

Would be interesting to see him develop in another environment maybe even come back to us 2 years down the line!!!

Re the sell on fee.

I don't follow MLS but I can't recall anyone ever moving to/from that league that involved a transfer fee, I just thought they picked up players out of contract, paid them big bucks and released them from contract when done.

Is that not the case anymore?

If so is the sell on fee clause not just a complete red herring?

Apologies if already asked

Transfer fees are often paid when players move from abroad to the MLS.

Maroon Memories

Maybe Sam can look forward to a rousing reception.

Boak

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

maroonnicky63

Being a supporter entitles whoever, to comment on a player(s) in whatever manner they see fit.

You agree with it. Or you don't.

There's no supporter Magna Carta, that decrees all players must receive unequivocal support without question.

Support the players, but hammer the management? Bit of a contradiction from you there...

If they're great, it's a team effort. Everyone.

If they're shite, it's a team effort. Everyone.

Just quit with the "uberfan" ethos you proclaim, mate. It's boring.

you just keep on slating the players mate and I will keep on supporting them

Toxteth O'Grady

He wants to move on and is adventurous enough not to go to Glasgow - good luck to him. It isn't his fault that FIFA are hopeless

I would not blame him love Minneapolis

And he will have a great lifestyle

The people genuinely are nice

Good for him rather than going and disappearing in England.

He is a little bit composure away from being a top player.

Being a supporter entitles whoever, to comment on a player(s) in whatever manner they see fit.

You agree with it. Or you don't.

There's no supporter Magna Carta, that decrees all players must receive unequivocal support without question.

Support the players, but hammer the management? Bit of a contradiction from you there...

If they're great, it's a team effort. Everyone.

If they're shite, it's a team effort. Everyone.

Just quit with the "uberfan" ethos you proclaim, mate. It's boring.

Its mental.

Anyone, anywhere, who kicked a ball should've got a pro contract because it's doesn't matter if you're sheight, you'll get support and people will kid on you're great,

Riddley Walker

you just keep on slating the players mate and I will keep on supporting them

Are you a real person?

Fair play. Many of us would love that kind of opportunity at that age. It's looks like the move of a player who isn't too bothered about pushing on in his career though. Mind you, malony went to the mls and got a good club back here.

Decent (second) offer from us but he thinks CL is a dick. FACT

Probably because he demands that the players don't act like spoilt wee pricks

Would anyone say that Sam was ever MOTM in a game for us?

Patrick away.

He's heading over the week after next.

Rudolf's Mate

It wasn't that long ago that it looked like Sam and Jamie were pushing each other and Sam might end up being the better of the two.

maroonnicky63

Oh my god are you serious , I take it you don't go to the games then ?

maroonnicky63

Its mental.

Anyone, anywhere, who kicked a ball should've got a pro contract because it's doesn't matter if you're sheight, you'll get support and people will kid on you're great,

are you simple, did you read it ?

Elias Henry Furst

Absolutely.

Complete ignorance to suggest otherwise.

Dumbarton 1 Hearts 5 Jan 2015

Highlights available on Hambone

All roads lead to Gorgie

I remember he ran the sheep ragged in the cup game at Tynecastle. Can't remember if he got MOTM in that game though as it might have been Djoum.

Seymour M Hersh

Absolutely.

Complete ignorance to suggest otherwise.

Okay someone below your post put up one game (in the championship) but can you supply other games where he has been MoM? Ir is it complete ignorance to even ask the question?

Elias Henry Furst

Okay someone below your post put up one game (in the championship) but can you supply other games where he has been MoM? Ir is it complete ignorance to even ask the question?

Other than the games already mentioned he started the 2015/16 season really well. I recall a game v Partick Thistle where Sam was outstanding. We won comfortably and I'm sure he scored. He was also very good and MoM when we played Kilmarnock away in the League cup during the same period.

There will be others also. I'm a member of a supporters bus and I can recall that he was announced as MOM a few times.

So yes, to suggest he's never been involved in a game where he's been man of the match is completely ignorant, IMO.

Fwiw, his forms dipped considerably and I don't think we'll miss him. I've already said he hasn't kicked on as we'd hoped.

You'll get his support, mate.

Not your fault that the Mods, & Admin on here, haven't taught you anything to help you become less thick.

:D

He wants to move on and is adventurous enough not to go to Glasgow - good luck to him. It isn't his fault that FIFA are hopeless

The only team in Glasgow he'd get a game for is probably Queens Park tbf

Not talking about if he ever contributed - I meant MOTM as in the standard definition.

And it was a question rather than a point.

The suggestion - which I accept - was that it wasn't very often.

So in 4 years of first team games how many times do we think he was MOTM?

Not a point scoring exercise - a genuine question.

IMO scoring a raker doesn't make you MOTM.

Other than the games already mentioned he started the 2015/16 season really well. I recall a game v Partick Thistle where Sam was outstanding. We won comfortably and I'm sure he scored. He was also very good and MoM when we played Kilmarnock away in the League cup during the same period.

There will be others also. I'm a member of a supporters bus and I can recall that he was announced as MOM a few times.

So yes, to suggest he's never been involved in a game where he's been man of the match is completely ignorant, IMO.

Fwiw, his forms dipped considerably and I don't think we'll miss him. I've already said he hasn't kicked on as we'd hoped.

That wasn't the suggestion though.

He's had a few cracking games.

I just don't think he has been our most influential player very often over 4 years.

Folk have been moaning about him not contributing enough since we came back up - that's two years for starters.

Elias Henry Furst

I just don't think he has been our most influential player very often over 4 years.

Folk have been moaning about him not contributing enough since we came back up - that's two years for starters.

On here?

The same folk that moaned about, Neilson, Paterson, Sow, etc etc.

No offence intended here but If I were you I'd perhaps stop basing my opinions on what you read online and try and make it to the games.

Then you'd have seen with your own eyes Sam Nicholson producing man of the match performances and you wouldn't need to ask silly questions.

Rudolf's Mate

Sums up a typical supporter. With your logic Robbo would have been shit most games.

Sums up a typical supporter. With your logic Robbo would have been shit most games.

Sam is comparable with robbo?

Rudolf's Mate

Sam is comparable with robbo?

:cornette:

I'm highlighting using MotM as a yardstick which is ridiculous!

:cornette:

I'm highlighting using MotM as a yardstick which is ridiculous!

I'm just trying to explore how influential he was, how much we will miss him and what sort of standard of player would improve on him

Stewart would be an improvement.

Couillaby? (Sp?)

O'halloran?

From within:

Moore?

Henderson?

Genuine attempt to explore how easy he will be to replace.

As he was going nowhere I think relatively easily.

I'm just trying to explore how influential he was, how much we will miss him and what sort of standard of player would improve on him

Couillaby? (Sp?)

O'halloran?

From within:

Moore?

Henderson?

I take your point. Technically good, just not all that effective. Always thought he would go the further of him and Walker once his decision making improved. That said, King IMO (and probably statistically) is more effective than Sam in terms of goals and, more notably, assists.

Rudolf's Mate

Couillaby? (Sp?)

O'halloran?

From within:

Moore?

Henderson?

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick and if I did then hands up. Now you've explained I find it difficult to disagree with you [emoji50]

Jean Louis Valois

What's the deal with Lewis Moore, is he ready for the step up? Looked decent in last game of last season

Borders Jambo

Good luck to him but to my mind no great loss.

Seemed to lose his way in the last few years and essentially became a passenger most times I saw him in the team over the last couple of years.

Maybe I got the wrong end of the stick and if I did then hands up. Now you've explained I find it difficult to disagree with you [emoji50]

No worries

It's easy to mistake me for somebody that's always just a noisy twat.

Rudolf's Mate

No worries

It's easy to mistake me for somebody that's always just a noisy twat.

There are far too many responses to that one but I'll refrain for once [emoji23]

Not talking about if he ever contributed - I meant MOTM as in the standard definition.

And it was a question rather than a point.

The suggestion - which I accept - was that it wasn't very often.

So in 4 years of first team games how many times do we think he was MOTM?

Not a point scoring exercise - a genuine question.

IMO scoring a raker doesn't make you MOTM.

Man of the match decided by who

The Daily Mail? Home sponsors but which one? What about away games?

There are far too many responses to that one but I'll refrain for once [emoji23]

I leave the set-ups on purpose buddy.

I don't mind

The other question I have folk moaning about the offer being made being not good enough.

What is Sam worth as a, what, 1 in 5 game impact player at a club like ours with a tight budget?

?1250- 1500 a week?

Man of the match decided by who

The Daily Mail? Home sponsors but which one? What about away games?

You're right - no way to answer completely accurately

On a proportional representation basis....? :)

Archived