New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

So will the dugouts and tunnels be in the Wheatfield now? I don't get it? Surely they will be part of the new Main Stand?

People who are moaning about the stand are trolls. The same folk who would have moaned like **** if we had left Tynecastle. We are staying at Tynecastle and will have a bigger main stand to go with it. Is it just me or could anyone else not give a **** what the outside of it looks like? I'm more bothered about what it looks like inside and if it manages to bear down on the players like the other stands do then we are on to a winner.

I was down McLeod St on friday when i was through in Edinburgh and as much as they are trying to make a big open area walkway I think itll look daft on such a cramped street so therefore could not give a **** what it looks like outside.

Let's just be happy we are staying in Gorgie for (hopefully) ever.

With respect I cannot agree that the new stand/facade will look "daft" or "cramped" - have a look at the plans - .there is a sizeable plaza in front of the facade, and the development will enhance McLeod Street dramatically IMO.

Edited by Thomaso

So will the dugouts and tunnels be in the Wheatfield now? I don't get it? Surely they will be part of the new Main Stand?

I think it's temporary while the internal bits of the new main stand are brought up to standard.

troonmaroon

Tunnel from wheatfield, for temporary use, but assume teams will cross the pitch and use dugouts in the main stand.

Jambof3tornado

It would provide an excellent tactical view of the match. I guess in reality it is probably structurally and/or financially impractical.

Be a long jog for Daly to pass the notes from our eye in the sky dof!

August Landmesser

Troll yourself. This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it. Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half. Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot. And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground.

Think small and never win. Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

Shh...

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

The fact is the stand was always going to resemble another building. The only way to avoid that is to hire one of the small group of super architects that work in the rare world of money no object building projects. I'm really not sure they'd be in our price range. And in relation to the regular reference to the frontage of the Festival Theatre the new stand is somewhere in the region of three to four times the length of that. Should look pretty stunning I'd say.

Bang on, Sir Norman Foster as well as being expensive is quite a busy chap.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

All roads lead to Gorgie

Be a long jog for Daly to pass the notes from our eye in the sky dof!

:D 

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Maybe we can bring in something akin to the Gorgie stand and that the seats lift up to reveal the tunnel. Obviously for other events which we want to use the changing rooms in Wheatfield rather than main stand (so small events.)

why just not leave the tunnel in the wheatfield apply to permanently use the new changing rooms in the wheatfield and dont bother putting a new tunnel or changing rooms in the new stand ? im sure someone on hear said the new changing rooms were fantastic

davemclaren

why just not leave the tunnel in the wheatfield apply to permanently use the new changing rooms in the wheatfield and dont bother putting a new tunnel or changing rooms in the new stand ? im sure someone on hear said the new changing rooms were fantastic

Interesting thought.

The Wheatfield ones are primarily for the community pitch

Italian Lambretta

Because you cant have Hearts and the away teams trudging over to the Wheatfield when all the new facilities, including bars and restaurants for directors and sponsors will be in the new main stand. 

3fingersreid

A wee question about the seating in the new stand and apologies if it's already been asked ,but , will the seats be staggered from the row in front or are they just directly behind each other ?

A wee question about the seating in the new stand and apologies if it's already been asked ,but , will the seats be staggered from the row in front or are they just directly behind each other ?

Directly behind - same as the other stands

Director boxes might be different though

Because you cant have Hearts and the away teams trudging over to the Wheatfield when all the new facilities, including bars and restaurants for directors and sponsors will be in the new main stand.

The dressing rooms can be any stand but i agree it's best if they are close to the dugouts. I see no reason why the dressing rooms should be close to the bars, restaurants, directors and sponsors.

Konrad von Carstein

The glazed curve.

Will the glass sheets be framed (like the new Boroughmuir school & indeed the glazed bits at Fountain Park) or will the edges of each glass section butt against each other so as to appear seamless?

3fingersreid

Directly behind - same as the other stands

Director boxes might be different though

Cheers, I'll try and get in early and see if I can get a seat beside the directors , failing that it'll just be the lazy boy chair in T then ;)

bernardbresslawsarmchair

The dressing rooms can be any stand but i agree it's best if they are close to the dugouts. I see no reason why the dressing rooms should be close to the bars, restaurants, directors and sponsors.

just to add as well always think its a waste of premium seating having the tunnel at the half way line (or close to in our case) why couldn't the tunnel have been put at the end next to the police box ?

The Wheatfield changing rooms may be excellent but they will still not be a patch on the new main stand ones. They are good enough for community use (which will be their purpose in future) and good enough for the club in the meantime until the main stand ones are up and running.

Anything is an upgrade on the old / current changing rooms.

The Wheatfield changing rooms may be excellent but they will still not be a patch on the new main stand ones. They are good enough for community use (which will be their purpose in future) and good enough for the club in the meantime until the main stand ones are up and running.

Anything is an upgrade on the old / current changing rooms.

I hope we are leaving the away one as small though lol

bernardbresslawsarmchair

im sure i read that they will be making the away changing rooms as small as legally allowed

Seymour M Hersh

im sure i read that they will be making the away changing rooms as small as legally allowed

I'm pretty sure you didn't unless they were referring to the away dressing room only.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That would be really daft and could scupper us getting money spinning internationals at Tynecastle.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

That would be really daft and could scupper us getting money spinning internationals at Tynecastle.

right enough maybe they were joking !

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Why not? Chelsea have been doing it for years.

Why not? Chelsea have been doing it for years.

Do you think they'll continue doing it when they move away from the Bridge?

jamboinglasgow

Exactly.

It would look amateurish for us to spend so much money on a new stand full of up to date facilities but decide to make the players go to the opposite side of the stadium (something they did not do with the old stand.)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Probably not. But the initial Stamford Bridge re-build is like ours. They built what they could in the space they had at the time.

All roads lead to Gorgie

right enough maybe they were joking !

We had one of the smallest away dressing rooms already so maybe the story comes from there and we are following tradition. I hope not as it would be extremely petty in this day and age.

Bad Religion

The new changing rooms are shown on the plans in the new main stand. Both home and away are of similar size.

Clark Griswold

We had one of the smallest away dressing rooms already so maybe the story comes from there and we are following tradition. I hope not as it would be extremely petty in this day and age.

This. Sounds like something h1b5 would do. We have more class than that surely...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Francis Albert

Why couldn't the teams sprint across instead of trudging - like John Cumming used to sprint on and off the pitch when trainer (or physio as they say now)? If they emulated Cumming it would be more movement than we've seen from most of the Hearts team this year. Edited by Francis Albert

sairyinthat

Can we expect any pic updates today?

quite a lot of readymix concrete has been going into the site this morning 5 trucks I noticed and glazing bars were being fixed.Although I was on the roof of a small store I own you cant really see too much over the panels,could see parts ofDaltons machines beavering away in the distance.No phone no foties.

kingantti1874

This. Sounds like something h1b5 would do. We have more class than that surely...

You should have gone in stadium tour, Alex Macdonald reduced the size of the previous ones.. Also all the hit water pipes ran under the benches so that it was as uncomfortable as possible.. Lots of clubs do it apparently

You should have gone in stadium tour, Alex Macdonald reduced the size of the previous ones.. Also all the hit water pipes ran under the benches so that it was as uncomfortable as possible.. Lots of clubs do it apparently

On the tour I was on, it was said that there is still (in)conveniently a nice pillar in the away changing room.

On the tour I was on, it was said that there is still (in)conveniently a nice pillar in the away changing room.

Panoramic snap I took of the old main stand away changing rooms:

IMG_6772.jpg

Edited by kila

Lucille's Thirsty

Panoramic snap I took of the away changing rooms:

IMG_6772.jpg

Is that our away changing room? I have a bigger bedroom. Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Panoramic snap I took of the away changing rooms:

IMG_6772.jpg

Cheers I meant the new one in the Wheatfield. I went on the tour too. We lad on it was gutted the Bale too wasn't real.

Lucille's Thirsty

Aye, our away changing room

I'm all up for not making the away anything special but wow.

John Findlay

Troll yourself. This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it. Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half. Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot. And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground.

Think small and never win. Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

Edinburgh has not doubled in population over the last 40 years. It has increased by a 1/5 100,000. Due to the Taylor report Tynecastle had to become all seated. Due to lack of space surrounding Tynecastle we can only do what we are doing now. To get your 40,000 we would have to move. Is that what you really want? Or are you as thick as I believe you are?

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Some mutants on here seem to be expecting the Emirates Stadium.

We are a small-level football club who are replacing a decrepit old stand with a brand new one which will be a million times better. Anyone moaning about the design should away and bum Lawrence Llewelyn Bowyn

Edinburgh has not doubled in population over the last 40 years. It has increased by a 1/5 100,000. Due to the Taylor report Tynecastle had to become all seated. Due to lack of space surrounding Tynecastle we can only do what we are doing now. To get your 40,000 we would have to move. Is that what you really want? Or are you as thick as I believe you are?

He has to be either 1) an escapee from a lunatic asylum 2) a jealous infiltrator from wibblewibble.net*

*I appreciate the two positions are not mutally exclusive!!

Lucille's Thirsty

Some mutants on here seem to be expecting the Emirates Stadium.

We are a small-level football club who are replacing a decrepit old stand with a brand new one which will be a million times better. Anyone moaning about the design should away and bum Lawrence Llewelyn Bowyn

Agreed.

I was just happy we were replacing that old main stand for something that is more like a main stand for a club of Hearts size.

Whatever it looks like I'm sure I'll be more than happy.

Clark Griswold

Did the tour about 10 years ago, loved every second of it.