New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Laws are important but in the UK in particular the actual point of particular laws seem to get forgotten sometimes - who's that radio thing actually protecting?

"You got to know the difference of what's right and what's just a law" - Mike Muir, Suicidal Tendencies.

way off topic but.

https://www.gov.uk/licences-to-play-background-music

It basically a bit of a scam to get business to pay about ?250 a year (per office!!!!!) .  The money goes to the recording artists and music writers allegedly.

Its not a crime per se, but you can be sued civilly for damages if you dont have a PRS licence (and the phonograph one)  

Just listen to five live or talk sport as they are exempt. (no music)

Just walked past - not much different on the outside. Maybe another glass support, but doesn't look too different from the photos BB posted this morning.

Keen to see how the demolition of the old stand is going though!

Ffs Hearts, share some of it with the fans eh!

I keep looking at the developing framework which will carry the glass and wonder where the joins are in relation to the head height of the average person. It's difficult to tell from a photo taken from ground level but I'd like to think that the maximum clear view will be afforded to those inside looking out. Maybe someone (Thomaso?) can tell us.

Hackney Hearts

It basically a bit of a scam to get business to pay about ?250 a year (per office!!!!!) .  The money goes to the recording artists and music writers allegedly.

No 'allegedly' needed - that's where it goes. Not sure why you'd call it a scam.

Once there is glass panes and the Hearts badge on that, I think it'll look great

Quality pic farin

Edited by kila

I keep looking at the developing framework which will carry the glass and wonder where the joins are in relation to the head height of the average person. It's difficult to tell from a photo taken from ground level but I'd like to think that the maximum clear view will be afforded to those inside looking out. Maybe someone (Thomaso?) can tell us.

Forget it folks. I've answered my own question using the guys in the above photo as a template. Looks like eye-level is right in the middle of the bigger pane - where it should be. Why did I ever doubt it?

kingantti1874

Forget it folks. I've answered my own question using the guys in the above photo as a template. Looks like eye-level is right in the middle of the bigger pane - where it should be. Why did I ever doubt it?

Tyrrion Lancaster would be ragin tho

sairyinthat

[emoji1] was that you I seen on the low roof opposite Robbo's this afternoon when I was along taking some pics like this today ?.

d6cba695444a148a08437907c3c42c91.jpg

Aye twas I still effed after falling of the ladder 8wks ago.

Phil D. Corners

[emoji1] was that you I seen on the low roof opposite Robbo's this afternoon when I was along taking some pics like this today ?.

Great picture. The guys having a look really give a great size perspective.

Couple of random questions. You'll notice from the above pic that the ground drops just before the stand...will that always be the case, or will a level of the ground be skimmed off eventually? (Dunno if I made that clear tbh)

Secondly, the old hedge that's still sitting where the nursery used to stand. Will that be ripped out and a new one put in, or will the bush just be trimmed back (quiet at the back of the class) once everything's finished? I only ask as the brickwork underneath the hedge is a bit tatty and it would be a pity to have a smart new stand with a shitty wee wall next to it.

been here before

I drove up McLeod Street about a half hour ago and there was an artic lorry trying a manouvre that ended up going past me to turn. It could have been going elsewhere but this lorry had quite a few large, thick panes of glass.

Big hefty looking panes of glass.

sairyinthat

Sair yin that

You can say that again back of my heid split open came to in a ward in the Royal now hirpling about like a half shut knife.

slashishere

Great Photo

Heartsofgold

No 'allegedly' needed - that's where it goes. Not sure why you'd call it a scam.

Because they get paid for their music when the public buy it via Google/itunes.  That's why it's a bloody scam.

Here's the wee auld scabby wall I'm talkin about...

0ab37fdd550f271a320d3816ea80d4bb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick sandblast and that will look as good as new.

maroonlegions

Taken this morning...

18871217_730272520476193_1030315825_n.jp
18835077_730272387142873_1550326237_n.jp
18871620_730272363809542_1999892821_n.jp
18788838_730276400475805_498020529_n.jpg
18871183_730272547142857_214283264_n.jpg

Thought the last one might've been Mr Sifter skiving off but it was someone else.

As other folk have said, the structure is immense in scale, and my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice. You gotta be there to feel it hit you!

That hedge could do with a wee trim.

Better still plant one this colour.

cd9a72813c2de3b453301487c3cd9dc2.jpg

Jamboelite

Belter of a pic.

As other folk have said, the structure is immense in scale, and my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice. You gotta be there to feel it hit you!

Yeah

Down earlier and it is some scale

Massive

AngleParkMenace

Because they get paid for their music when the public buy it via Google/itunes. That's why it's a bloody scam.

I was told the admin for chasing and enforcing the fees come to about 90% of the revenue raised. It's a complete scam and about time it was stopped

Couple of random questions. You'll notice from the above pic that the ground drops just before the stand...will that always be the case, or will a level of the ground be skimmed off eventually? (Dunno if I made that clear tbh)

Secondly, the old hedge that's still sitting where the nursery used to stand. Will that be ripped out and a new one put in, or will the bush just be trimmed back (quiet at the back of the class) once everything's finished? I only ask as the brickwork underneath the hedge is a bit tatty and it would be a pity to have a smart new stand with a shitty wee wall next to it.

I am 99% sure I read it will all be levelled down to match under the stand! Would he rather strange looking if we didn't to be fair

The horizontal rails are at 1100mm from the finished floor levels to comply with barrier regs.

There will be no horizontal rails in the terrace restaurant.

The Natural Order

I am 99% sure I read it will all be levelled down to match under the stand! Would he rather strange looking if we didn't to be fair

It will be leveled to the same level as the street/plaza.

There may be good news for the folks who want to see the pink uprights that support the large roof truss and the floodlights change colour. I toddled past tonight, and I noticed that the top of the upright between the new main stand and the Roseburn is no longer pink, but a light brown. The one between the main and Gorgie stands is still pink and doesn't appear to have been touched so far. If this is indeed a permanent new colour, it looked pretty good next to the white roof truss.

Perhaps Mr Sifter or one of the other paparazzi can try and take a picture tomorrow.

Bazzas right boot

That Tesco look an awful like a big shiney new stand.

Cracking pic, looks bigger all the time......

Lucille's Thirsty

:lol:

Everyone slagging Tesco but they do have some beautiful facades.

Disappointing thread this. Nobody moaning about anything.

I think it's a waste of money.

Budge oot.

Disappointing thread this. Nobody moaning about anything.

I think it's a waste of money.

Budge oot.

A few of us were wondering if spending the ?9 million on players might have been worth considering

Edited by Mikey1874

A few of us were wondering if spending the ?9 million on players might have been worth considering

As in "let's pish it all away on a season"..........

Bazzas right boot

As in "let's pish it all away on a season"..........

Tbf, with a bit luck we could tie someone down ala Gordon, and then get a much bigger fee, which then pays for the stand!

Win-win, we keep our good players/ sign better players habe a good season,then get ?2m-?5m for 2/4 players, stand paid for....

Put it out there, just for the banter

hughesie27

Tbf, with a bit luck we could tie someone down ala Gordon, and then get a much bigger fee, which then pays for the stand!

Win-win, we keep our good players/ sign better players habe a good season,then get ?2m-?5m for 2/4 players, stand paid for....

And if it fails and we end up with a Besliga?

Also, that multi million ? player would at best still only get us 2nd place.

Bridge of Djoum

We should've just filled in the corners on the old stand, 2-3m? Then spunked the rest on Youtube scouted players.

Unknown user

You can say that again back of my heid split open came to in a ward in the Royal now hirpling about like a half shut knife.

:laugh: and sorry for laughing :thumbsup:

Only if it's free, the law prevents the sale of alcohol between kick off and the final whistle. So if you have a suite where there is no cash bar then it's fine, otherwise you need to wait till full time.

Sure the Willie Bauld Suite sold alcohol at half time.

Rudi Hates Hibees

Sure the Willie Bauld Suite sold alcohol at half time.

It certainly did when I've been in it.

Clark Griswold

Thank the heavens for this thread, a bit of a break from the negativity surrounding the other threads ATM. 

Bowmans_Boot

I get the sentiment of your post (& sympathise with it as I believe the focus at the club just now is 80/20 in favour of stand/team) but the 9M raised wouldnt have been raised for players.

GorgieBoysAreInTown

I Find myself slightly de-touring from job to job at work just to drive down McLeod street.. at least 3 times a week.

A job in leith then to Musselburgh.. via McLeod street... that's within reason right?