New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Lets fill Tynie. Come on Hearts give the fans what they want. Get the enthusiasm going for the new season. Sign some quality exciting players that will not only have excisting Season Ticket Holders renewing but attract new fans to the club we all love. Let's get Tynie rocking like we know it can.

We all want to be proud of our team so come on Hearts let's get on with the job.

Jambof3tornado

Lets fill Tynie. Come on Hearts give the fans what they want. Get the enthusiasm going for the new season. Sign some quality exciting players that will not only have excisting Season Ticket Holders renewing but attract new fans to the club we all love. Let's get Tynie rocking like we know it can.

We all want to be proud of our team so come on Hearts let's get on with the job.

One positive post every 2000.

Well done you.

Clerry Jambo

I'm sitting in the stadium just now

It's going to be a brilliant arena

Will be an amazing atmosphere

Any scoring Mikey? Edited by Clerry Jambo

People who are moaning about the stand are trolls. The same folk who would have moaned like **** if we had left Tynecastle. We are staying at Tynecastle and will have a bigger main stand to go with it. Is it just me or could anyone else not give a **** what the outside of it looks like? I'm more bothered about what it looks like inside and if it manages to bear down on the players like the other stands do then we are on to a winner.

I was down McLeod St on friday when i was through in Edinburgh and as much as they are trying to make a big open area walkway I think itll look daft on such a cramped street so therefore could not give a **** what it looks like outside.

Let's just be happy we are staying in Gorgie for (hopefully) ever.

Lucille's Thirsty

Great pictures Mikey.

I'm one of the laziest ******* that couldn't in a million year be bothered to go through all the effort you boys do so appreciate it.

People who are moaning about the stand are trolls. The same folk who would have moaned like **** if we had left Tynecastle. We are staying at Tynecastle and will have a bigger main stand to go with it. Is it just me or could anyone else not give a **** what the outside of it looks like? I'm more bothered about what it looks like inside and if it manages to bear down on the players like the other stands do then we are on to a winner.

I was down McLeod St on friday when i was through in Edinburgh and as much as they are trying to make a big open area walkway I think itll look daft on such a cramped street so therefore could not give a **** what it looks like outside.

It will look fantastic when it's finished. A monument to fan power.

DxB Hearts

Great pics again folks, very much appreciated.

One thing I think is really coming to life is how massive it is - utterly dwarfs the seating part of the old main and it's depth (girth?) is very very impressive. Going to be immense and make such a bigger impact to anyone visiting for the 1st time. Very excited.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Elias Henry Furst

Thanks for the pics.

I was hoping the guys at the plot ceremony would get a few and you didn't disappoint.

Hungry hippo

Good to see a photo if the new tunnel being built about 30 seats lost there I reckon.

Looks like 48 seats lost. 6 seats on each of the 8 rows.

PeterintheRain

Troll yourself.   This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it.    Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half.   Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot.   And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground. 

Think small and never win.  Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

jamboinglasgow

Good to see a photo if the new tunnel being built about 30 seats lost there I reckon.

Yeah good to get confirmation they are putting in a tunnel. Will be weird seeing players run out from the Wheatfield. I also imagine it will stay there after the new stand and changing rooms are up, so Tynecastle will have two tunnels. 

Great photos guys, I just persumed they would knock the roof down first and work their way down, but it does look they are working from the pitchside inwards instead, so eventually the roof will be part of an empty shell. Then that will come down.

Hungry hippo

I disagree with my own comment! Just realised that this is where there was already no seats in rows 5 to 8 so I reckon only 24 being lost.

Carl Fredrickson

Was at Gorgie Farm with the kids this morning and I echo the comments about the photos not doing justice to its size (oooer Mrs)

Took photos but they arent great and are no update on what has been posted. 

Really looking forward to it opening. I dont get to games often due to family commitments but my youngest is showing a wee bit of interest in football so here is hoping that I will get along to a game or two next season.

Unknown user

Troll yourself. This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it. Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half. Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot. And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground.

Think small and never win. Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

Oh aye?

RgihYR4.jpg

Troll yourself.   This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it.    Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half.   Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot.   And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground. 

Think small and never win.  Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

We'd have needed that additional ?2m to bribe the council / planning departments to get these additional 2500 seats.

Unless the corners could have been filled in for less.

Just catching up on the last couple of pages and ithey raise an important question...just how long exactly was Peter left in the ****ing rain?

davemclaren

Ok, will take your counting over mine. :)

Especially the recount, though it does look like they have opened up the bit at the tv gantry as well.

Buffalo Bill

Hopefully they'll do away with the Wheatfield Stand tunnel once the new Main is fully operational; it's a pet hate of mine seeing wee bits of capacity lost over the years.

davemclaren

Hopefully they'll do away with the Wheatfield Stand tunnel once the new Main is fully operational; it's a pet hate of mine seeing wee bits of capacity lost over the years.

I agree. 24 seats is 24 seats.

fabienleclerq

Just catching up on the last couple of pages and ithey raise an important question...just how long exactly was Peter left in the ******* rain?

:lol:

Independence

H1b5!!! Jealous of the big team or just a big bad troll?

Edited by Independence

Troll yourself. This is the only opportunity to increase the capacity of our midget stadium and the PTB have shat it. Edinburgh's basically doubled in population over the last 40 years, meanwhile our capacity has ben cut in half. Well done on attracting new fans in that situation. Quart meet pint pot. And don't tell me it's lack of money. At the oft quoted ?1,000 per seat we should have a 10,000 capacity stand plus the ?2,000,000 left over for the rest of the ground.

Think small and never win. Or think big, plan for future growth and finally challenge the cheeks while leaving the vermin trailing.

"Midget stadium"??? Pete's off on one again! ARF!

Rudolf's Mate

Just catching up on the last couple of pages and ithey raise an important question...just how long exactly was Peter left in the ******* rain?

Think he's been waterboarded!

jamboinglasgow

Dunno, I am not bothered about small sections of seats gone as long as it looks good. So will wait until I see the tunnel and stadium finished before deciding if I want to see it gone.

Buffalo Bill

Dunno, I am not bothered about small sections of seats gone as long as it looks good. So will wait until I see the tunnel and stadium finished before deciding if I want to see it gone.

It's the accumulative effect though. Tynecastle's capacity was officially over 18,000 in 1997/98.  Since then we lost row 1 in the Gorgie and Roseburn stands, seats at the top of section D, and seats in lower N. Plus, the segregation tarpaulin is ridiculously wide.

David McCaig

I can't find imagine what would possibly look about having 2 tunnels. As BB has said we have frittered countless seats away over the years. I would like to see the back row of Section D reclaimed as well.

Buffalo Bill

I can't find imagine what would possibly look about having 2 tunnels. As BB has said we have frittered countless seats away over the years. I would like to see the back row of Section D reclaimed as well.

What is that in the back row of D?

jamboinglasgow

It's the accumulative effect though. Tynecastle's capacity was officially over 18,000 in 1997/98.  Since then we lost row 1 in the Gorgie and Roseburn stands, seats at the top of section D, and seats in lower N. Plus, the segregation tarpaulin is ridiculously wide.

Maybe we can bring in something akin to the Gorgie stand and that the seats lift up to reveal the tunnel. Obviously for other events which we want to use the changing rooms in Wheatfield rather than main stand (so small events.)

Is it not just 3 rows as the TVs gantry was there previously

Hearts_fan

I've often wondered the same. Looking across from the Main Stand it's always looked like a media area? If so, hopefully they'll get shipped into the NMS...

jamboinglasgow

It is commentary points for the media, think we had to put them in for UEFA regulations under Romanov. Dont know if they have to be at the point where the cameras are, but if not then they would be moved into the main stand instead freeing up seats in Section D.

Is it not just 3 rows as the TVs gantry was there previously

Its 4 rows, the bottom row is hidden behind the wall.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

Hearts_fan

Looking at this image, I wonder how feasible it would be to build a full-width tier on the roof of the Wheatfield, in the same sort of set-up as the TV gantry?! 

I'm sure it could be done! Please let it happen, all the way around the stadium ? that'd have to be space for a thousand seats or more? 2 rows deep?

Buffalo Bill

Looking at this image, I wonder how feasible it would be to build a full-width tier on the roof of the Wheatfield, in the same sort of set-up as the TV gantry?! 

I'm sure it could be done! Please let it happen, all the way around the stadium ? that'd have to be space for a thousand seats or more? 2 rows deep?

The old Wembley Stadium had something similar.

wembleyold1.jpg

Hearts_fan

wembleyold1.jpg

It would provide an excellent tactical view of the match. I guess in reality it is probably structurally and/or financially impractical.

I disagree with my own comment! Just realised that this is where there was already no seats in rows 5 to 8 so I reckon only 24 being lost.

Could they be used to (start to) fill the corners in???!

Jambos_1874

It would provide an excellent tactical view of the match. I guess in reality it is probably structurally and/or financially impractical.

Whether it's realistic or practical doesn't matter to some posters unfortunately.

wembleyold1.jpg

Ah pillars - let's have some!!