New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The walk into the main stand could look a bit different by the time our next home game comes around if they're about to start knocking the buildings down.  It's happening.

Great news about start of the work!!!

Quote from George Foulkes ?Once we achieved staying, we got into a position where redevelopment was possible. All that rubbish Chris Robinson used to say ? the stadium wasn?t fit for purpose, UEFA wouldn?t approve it, we couldn?t do anything ? was proven completely wrong. This underlines just how wrong he was when he rubbished Tynecastle all those years ago."

And the pieman still turns up each home game for his "free" seat in the main stand......

Does the current 'clear the ground' work also include his removal from the premises......

This is great and unthinkable 3-4 years ago.  I can't wait to see the finished article next season.  It's going to be a fantastic ground with a fantastic atmosphere.  Buzzing.

A sad day when the old lady eventually comes down ,but with the other buildings removed first we will see her in all her splendour before she goes .

Onwards and upwards

Fxxx the SPFL

Get Davy Allan aka London Hearts he has plenty time on his hands :laugh4:  down to take time lapse pictures on a daily basis will make for a good wee cameo

jamboinglasgow

What are the nitty gritty details - like who is the main contractor? Who is representing Hearts as the PM/client rep?

I have been surprised by the lack of info since planning has been accepted. Especially since Ann said that once that happened they would look to makes announcements shortly afterwards. Perhaps it will come with the agm.

But good that it's starting.

Great news about start of the work!!!

Quote from George Foulkes ?Once we achieved staying, we got into a position where redevelopment was possible. All that rubbish Chris Robinson used to say ? the stadium wasn?t fit for purpose, UEFA wouldn?t approve it, we couldn?t do anything ? was proven completely wrong. This underlines just how wrong he was when he rubbished Tynecastle all those years ago."

And the pieman still turns up each home game for his "free" seat in the main stand......

Does the current 'clear the ground' work also include his removal from the premises......

It's great news that work will be starting and am looking forward to getting my new seat. Not sure that everything GF says is true.... he is a politician.

I listened to the planning permission debate on the planning application over the internet. Unless I misheard the big change that resulted in us getting planning permission was a change from the council with regards to health and safety. The council would not allow development in the area until it changed its policy to allow the new Tynecastle school to be built. Up until then no development was allowed. Once they had made an exception for the school it was relatively easy for them to do the same for us. If the new school had not been built it is far from certain that we would have been given planning permission.

What are the nitty gritty details - like who is the main contractor? Who is representing Hearts as the PM/client rep?

Jim Clydesdale is the architect, Dalton are doing the demolition & Scott Gardiner is representing Hearts.

Thought they would have to make the site safely fenced off and all the services disconnected before demolitition could start.

Was all fenced off when I passed on Sunday.

It's going to transform Tynie and the place will look great. The old stand is a monument to the history of the club but is no longer suitable for modern football supporters. It lets the rest of the ground down and for anyone who has never been to Tynie and watching on the telly, they must think we have a ground from a bygone age, when nothing could be further from reality. It's going to be superb and will add to the atmosphere I think because the current stand is so low. It's going to feel much more closed in and unified as a stadium. Extra money on the gates, more fans inside, better atmosphere. Win, win, win!

Excellent news. The start of a new era.

Off the record, where will the ticket office be located while the works are ongoing? I need to collect a ticket for the Rangers game.

Off the record, where will the ticket office be located while the works are ongoing? I need to collect a ticket for the Rangers game.

JCB driver is keeping them in his piece box. Just tap his window but mind yer hard hat....:D

Would be wonderful to get a time-lapse camera set up inside the stadium, don't suppose anyone on here knows someone who'd be able to do this sort of thing?

I can't wait to see Tynecastle completed; four steep stands towering over the pitch. It will look fantastic, our spiritual home, snuggled deep in the heart of our community, our streets, our pubs and our transport, a modern stadium surrounded by oldie-worldie tenements, unlike those soulless retail park stadia on the edge of nowhere with only Homebase and Frankie and Bennys to keep them company.  

From the plans, ours seems like two buildings. One, the stand itself, taking us up to 20,000, the other part at the front, a modern steel and glass block giving us all the space and facilities we require.

A new stand, a bigger stand,  a safe stand, a smarter stand, bigger capacity, higher attendances, proper facilities and money-spinning corporate and banqueting suites.

Add to that, the world-class facilities at Riccarton and the 'sell' to players of working and living in Edinburgh, we really will have everything we need.

Under the Wheatfield stand. Not sure when the ticket office/shop is opening though.

Buffalo Bill" post="5680282" timestamp="1479206000"]

I can't wait to see Tynecastle completed; four steep stands towering over the pitch. It will look fantastic, our spiritual home, snuggled deep in the heart of our community, our streets, our pubs and our transport, a modern stadium surrounded by oldie-worldie tenements, unlike those soulless retail park stadia on the edge of nowhere with only Homebase and Frankie and Bennys to keep them company.  

Well said Buffalo Bill. These new stadia down south are horrible Identikits of one another. Terrible soulless bowls of concrete. What is a club without a heart, a home and tradition? Thanks for posting the photo Pans. It shows that it's real!

What's the betting some hibs fan will come up with the completely unoriginal plan of putting a hibs strip under it.

The Dalton family are Celtic fans.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Jim Clydesdale is the architect, Dalton are doing the demolition & Scott Gardiner is representing Hearts.

A tear in the eye Iain?

Fxxx the SPFL

I can see this thread reaching epic proportions by the time the new stand is completed.  :builder2: workman  :toff: Jim Clydesdale :movethatass: jkb arseholes  :42: hobbits.

Feel free to add to the collection.

Jambo, Goodbye

5d3f2ddc39edd07a91a23890242e8bd6.jpg

[emoji4]

Look at that photo and imagine for a brief second that the Pieman had got his way.

Sends a shiver down the spine doesn't it.