New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

hughesie27

St Johnstone have a bar in their ground now. You can walk in there no questions asked before pay at the gate games.

Think Hibs do too. The 4 in Hand or something.

sairyinthat

Just passed so I thought I'd get a few more pics. Again, no real progress from the road side, no doubt plenty progress from pitch side though...

341b7e275b1a3b80afeee1af8b9769fe.jpg

689a61e6013acfbfe2a6280cad3e2e77.jpg

fbf3e09b080205812c9d74c40ec39c5a.jpg

6becb13fc14c0c99e87c6a848b897388.jpg

5974e5dbff812cd1676f3e1ab9e23a0e.jpg

4be3d7a7240487fab713453041a72a62.jpg

ca3fb96e26ff7864414d79f4c152ab24.jpg

e15564edff05373f44dabe851e69ede2.jpg

b2ada041ab070c685d4845919d72e9fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I have been hoping for today's snaps,any info what the stack of packages contain,

Thanks I have been hoping for today's snaps,any info what the stack of packages contain,

Na mate couldnae quite tell. Looked like some sort of foam/spongy material. Ain't got a clue what it's for though!

Na mate couldnae quite tell. Looked like some sort of foam/spongy material. Ain't got a clue what it's for though!

Insulation?

PeterintheRain

They're big slabs of polystyrene sponge/foam insulation.  Had a look this evening.  There's no internal walls yet so it must be for the ceilings underneath the concrete slabs.   Don't see where else it could go.

Also why is the framing that supports the glass wall such a pale colour?   If it was darker then surely it wouldn't show as much through the glass and would look less like the old greenhouse in the artist's impression. It looked to be darkish grey rather than the pure white in the picture which is something of a relief.   

Hackney Hearts

234d3a1fef033bf9aa5771642f7257b6.jpg

Roof terrace! Great photo, thanks. Don't suppose you've got one from up there looking towards the castle?

Shanks said no

234d3a1fef033bf9aa5771642f7257b6.jpg

Teasing snap

the gap between the front of the roof building to the guard rail looks much less than I expected.

Castle view pleeeease

Jamborello

I think this picture of the roof terrace is taken from twitter, there were a few pics of inside the stand posted there earlier this week.

station_jambo

I got this pic from the BSB structural facebook page

sairyinthat

will be back on the roof at McLeod street today so will have a neb thanks Mr.S.

The Natural Order

They're big slabs of polystyrene sponge/foam insulation.  Had a look this evening.  There's no internal walls yet so it must be for the ceilings underneath the concrete slabs.   Don't see where else it could go.

Also why is the framing that supports the glass wall such a pale colour?   If it was darker then surely it wouldn't show as much through the glass and would look less like the old greenhouse in the artist's impression. It looked to be darkish grey rather than the pure white in the picture which is something of a relief.   

It'll be for the ground floor, it goes under the concrete slab floor. The bottom floor is like a sandwich, you have the foundations with the vertical steels bolted to them then a lair of compacted aggregate, the insulation foam, a waterproof membrane, rebar mesh then a concrete pour. Basically giving you an insulated, waterproof solid slab base.

A_A wehatethehibs

Just passed so I thought I'd get a few more pics. Again, no real progress from the road side, no doubt plenty progress from pitch side though...

341b7e275b1a3b80afeee1af8b9769fe.jpg

689a61e6013acfbfe2a6280cad3e2e77.jpg

fbf3e09b080205812c9d74c40ec39c5a.jpg

5974e5dbff812cd1676f3e1ab9e23a0e.jpg

4be3d7a7240487fab713453041a72a62.jpg

ca3fb96e26ff7864414d79f4c152ab24.jpg

e15564edff05373f44dabe851e69ede2.jpg

b2ada041ab070c685d4845919d72e9fc.jpg

Ahh the sweet sweet refuge of the stand thread

They're big slabs of polystyrene sponge/foam insulation. Had a look this evening. There's no internal walls yet so it must be for the ceilings underneath the concrete slabs. Don't see where else it could go.

Also why is the framing that supports the glass wall such a pale colour? If it was darker then surely it wouldn't show as much through the glass and would look less like the old greenhouse in the artist's impression. It looked to be darkish grey rather than the pure white in the picture which is something of a relief.

The internal framing colour is white which is usually the chosen colour in quality buildings - sorry to disappoint you Pete AGAIN!!

So we've now moved on from office block descriptions to it looking like a massive greenhouse... sound

Hagar the Horrible

So we've now moved on from office block descriptions to it looking like a massive greenhouse... sound

Nothing green about our house!!!!!! 

This IS our House!  besides we could grow legalised canabis when its allowed......or not

Any chance we could have more pictures of the Main Stand pitch side as it's getting ripped apart, the ones from the plot ceremony are the only ones ive seen so far, history in the making and we're missing out.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well it will be handy to grow the Tomatoes we can use to throw at Levein, Cathro and co next season. :tiny: 

Any chance we could have more pictures of the Main Stand pitch side as it's getting ripped apart, the ones from the plot ceremony are the only ones ive seen so far, history in the making and we're missing out.

Yeah an update on that would be good. Wonder when the roof will get dismantled?

It's Pete's catchphrase.

BelgeJambo

Fantastic Photos lads - anybody got an idea when the old stand main frame starts getting reduced to the ground?

davemclaren

Nothing green about our house!!!!!!

This IS our House! besides we could grow legalised canabis when its allowed......or not

It's a very, very, very fine house.

highlandjambo3

coming up near 10k replies to this post................ wonder who will hit the 10k point on the button :uhoh2:  :uhoh2:

August Landmesser

At what stage do they put the new asbestos in?

They'll use it to pack the rust holes in the infeeriur steeul

weegie jambo

It's a very, very, very fine house.

with two kids in the yard,

the season was so hard,

Fantastic Photos lads - anybody got an idea when the old stand main frame starts getting reduced to the ground?

A mate of mine was speaking to " Derek" the site agent last week and he claimed the it will be next week, interesting to note that the mosaic entrance hall is being preserved as the Main Stand is reduced to nothing.

Seymour M Hersh

Great photo, Mr Sifter. Loving this angle.

So we main standers will become the Curva Est!! :smuggy:

Great photo, Mr Sifter. Loving this angle.

Dpes the large gap in the structure point to a massive Hearts crest going in there?

Libertarian

You don't get drinks during the game even at hospitality. They are removed from the table prior to kick off and you cant take them with you when you go to sit outside for the game. You cant even chose to stay in and drink them.

I've never been to Hospitality, however I believe you can get a drink at half time?

Cruyff Turn

This thread is always a reminder that we are doing great things and the club will continue to grow.

Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

Dpes the large gap in the structure point to a massive Hearts crest going in there?

No - the large gap is just an area yet to have curtainwall installed.

There will however there will be a large HMFC crest on the facade

I've never been to Hospitality, however I believe you can get a drink at half time?

You can have a drink in hospitality at half time. 

The law concerning having alcohol inside football stadiums allows it in hospitality, as long as it is not in view of the pitch. I.e. you can't stand inside a box enjoying the game and a beer. However, if you were to pull the blinds down (i.e. not be able to see the pitch) it would be OK. 

sairyinthat

Roof sheets first then the A frame steel before they tackle the brick wall.

Buffalo Bill

Taken this morning...

18871217_730272520476193_1030315825_n.jp
18835077_730272387142873_1550326237_n.jp
18871620_730272363809542_1999892821_n.jp
18788838_730276400475805_498020529_n.jpg
18871183_730272547142857_214283264_n.jpg

Thought the last one might've been Mr Sifter skiving off but it was someone else.

As other folk have said, the structure is immense in scale, and my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice. You gotta be there to feel it hit you!

Edited by Buffalo Bill

sairyinthat

Taken this morning...

18871217_730272520476193_1030315825_n.jp
18835077_730272387142873_1550326237_n.jp
18871620_730272363809542_1999892821_n.jp
18788838_730276400475805_498020529_n.jpg
18871183_730272547142857_214283264_n.jpg

Thought the last one might've been Mr Sifter skiving off but it was someone else.

As other folk have said, the structure is immense in scale, and my crappy iPhone pics don't do it justice. You gotta be there to feel it hit you!

Whoever it was had to be directly below me.

You can have a drink in hospitality at half time. 

The law concerning having alcohol inside football stadiums allows it in hospitality, as long as it is not in view of the pitch. I.e. you can't stand inside a box enjoying the game and a beer. However, if you were to pull the blinds down (i.e. not be able to see the pitch) it would be OK. 

Only if it's free, the law prevents the sale of alcohol between kick off and the final whistle. So if you have a suite where there is no cash bar then it's fine, otherwise you need to wait till full time.

highlandjambo3

Only if it's free, the law prevents the sale of alcohol between kick off and the final whistle. So if you have a suite where there is no cash bar then it's fine, otherwise you need to wait till full time.

Some of the law's passed are a bit daunting at times......

One of our HR managers put out an all points e mail to everyone about listening to the radio at work (he must have been bored shi**ess that day) so, we don't have a media licence so cannot public broadcast any radio stations but, if you are on your own its not public its private, what that means is if you are in any company vehicle, office or workshop area on your own you can listen to the tranny, soon as someone else appears it has to go off..........................I SH*TE YOU NOT!! 

Soz off topic I know but, just though i'd share the madness with you.

Unknown user

Some of the law's passed are a bit daunting at times......

One of our HR managers put out an all points e mail to everyone about listening to the radio at work (he must have been bored shi**ess that day) so, we don't have a media licence so cannot public broadcast any radio stations but, if you are on your own its not public its private, what that means is if you are in any company vehicle, office or workshop area on your own you can listen to the tranny, soon as someone else appears it has to go off..........................I SH*TE YOU NOT!!

Soz off topic I know but, just though i'd share the madness with you.

Laws are important but in the UK in particular the actual point of particular laws seem to get forgotten sometimes - who's that radio thing actually protecting?

"You got to know the difference of what's right and what's just a law" - Mike Muir, Suicidal Tendencies.