New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

HamishMcGonagall

I don't understand why folk get so much stick for saying they're not that keen on the look of it... not everyone fancies the same lass, not everyone likes the same car, folk have different tastes. From what I've read no-one is saying that they're against the stand getting done, just that it's not looking like what they hoped it would.

Anyway, enjoy the last of the sun..!

Mid Calder Jambo

Bayern's ground reminds me of one of those polo mints.

It would be like sooking a white walled tyre.

Bowmans_Boot

I don't understand why folk get so much stick for saying they're not that keen on the look of it... not everyone fancies the same lass, not everyone likes the same car, folk have different tastes. From what I've read no-one is saying that they're against the stand getting done, just that it's not looking like what they hoped it would.

Anyway, enjoy the last of the sun..!

Given that there is nothing else to be positive about regarding Hearts just now, I guess people want this to be 100% super positivity. I agree with you, though, and am also concerned as to when it will be fully completed.

All roads lead to Gorgie

It looks fine to me but the most important thing is the improved atmosphere it should create inside the ground. The old structure whilst sounding loud when you were sitting in it didn't exactly project a huge amount of noise onto the pitch and where I sit in the Wheatfield you didn't always hear much sound coming across the pitch. The inside of Tynecastle is where the important things happen so why are some folk worried if the outside lacks this or that. Just welcome a shiny new stand.

Francis Albert

Any word on the big TV screens ??

Hope they don't get binned as that would be great to have,

Apologies if covered already.

It's been suggested on here that they have been cut out of the project for budget reasons. Agreed it's a pity. Maybe the sort of thing that FoH should fund post-take-over - nice to haves that you wouldn't want to divert funds from the playing side to pay for. Better TV screens in the concourses, better and more varied catering outlets (the floor plan I've seen for the new stand shows just two rather small "kiosks").

Jamborello

It's been suggested on here that they have been cut out of the project for budget reasons. Agreed it's a pity. Maybe the sort of thing that FoH should fund post-take-over - nice to haves that you wouldn't want to divert funds from the playing side to pay for. Better TV screens in the concourses, better and more varied catering outlets (the floor plan I've seen for the new stand shows just two rather small "kiosks").

From the plans on the council website the new stand has four kiosks not two.

But don't pass up a chance to have another moan about the stand before it's built though...

Francis Albert

From the plans on the council website the new stand has four kiosks not two.

But don't pass up a chance to have another moan about the stand before it's built though...

christ i thought i was making a positive suggestion! Maybe the screens could incorporate the foh logo. I am sure you can detect negativity in that too.

Bridge of Djoum

It says you've not been paying attention.   If it looks like the original pictures and becomes the stadium we were promised then fine.   Right now it looks like we're going to have something out of an industrial estate.  Which is not fine.   Unless you are happy at being lied to?

Hi, Hobo.

Jamborello

better and more varied catering outlets (the floor plan I've seen for the new stand shows just two rather small "kiosks").

Whilst I agree with your other points about tv screens etc, I'm afraid I can't really see the positivity in commenting on the lack of kiosks in a stand which hasn't even been built yet?

Jamborello

100% mate. Sussed the boy early doors. Industrial estate ffs. What, like Easter Road?

Er, you realise you're not allowed to post without pictures Mr Sifter? :)

Make the match day experience as good as we can, big screens, great kiosks and concourse TVs all add to that .. it's so much more than just football nowadays..

Bowmans_Boot

I think FOH funding this type of thing is an excellent idea.

I also suspect we (i.e. FOH) will end up filling the gap in funding for completing the extras in the new stand, which are pretty vital in terms of maximising revenue.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Make the match day experience as good as we can, big screens, great kiosks and concourse TVs all add to that .. it's so much more than just football nowadays..

To be honest, I never realised there was much more than football, even nowadays. I'd much rather watch Hearts in a run down Tynecastle, than any other club in the world playing at the finest stadium in the world, with the best kiosks and TV, every single day of the week. But, I suppose, if those are what is required to entice people along to football matches nowadays, bring it on, we could sure do with the money :2thumbsup: 

Hungry hippo

The good thing about big screens is that they could be added at any stage. It's not like the rest of the project with the stand where what is built is likely to remain unaltered for many years.

It says you've not been paying attention. If it looks like the original pictures and becomes the stadium we were promised then fine. Right now it looks like we're going to have something out of an industrial estate. Which is not fine. Unless you are happy at being lied to?

I think you'd benefit from giving yourself a break away from JKB.

Bridge of Djoum

I think you'd benefit from giving yourself a break away from JKB.

Carstairs, perhaps.

Who is this peterintherain and why is he coming out with comments that brings disrespect to our Architect, Board & FOH members.

Rudolf's Mate

Who is this peterintherain and why is he coming out with comments that brings disrespect to our Architect, Board & FOH members.

I reckon the clues in the name. Mibbe PatsPishedHisPants

sairyinthat

100% mate. Sussed the boy early doors. Industrial estate ffs. What, like Easter Road?

Nope like the big Hibs club they had on the Glasgow road

siegementality

As opposed to you constantly coming out with comments that bring disrespect to our Head Coach.

'bringing disrespect'?! Have a word with yerself - it's football club in the 21st century, not a monarchy in 17th. 

The opposition to any other view on this thread is a complete joke. If any one dare question the project then a lot of other posters throw their toys out the pram. Grow up ffs. 

Edited by Toggie88

PeterintheRain

I reckon the clues in the name. Mibbe PatsPishedHisPants

Hello hibby .

I'm a Hearts fan with an opinion.   And in my opinion the new stand is in danger of looking cheap and nasty compared to the original pictures which had everybody drooling.   

Also it's too small.  How can you encourage people to support HMFC if they can never get a ticket?  If it's never possible to use the less attractive matches to have a free ticket promotion for children? 

Take your h1b5 pish and ram it sideways.

Jamboelite

As opposed to you constantly coming out with comments that bring disrespect to our Head Coach.

I was thinking the same.

On the screens i agree with FA this is where money from FOH should go as it will help generate more (advertising) as well as money into youth academy.

Rudolf's Mate

Hello hibby ######.

I'm a Hearts fan with an opinion. And in my opinion the new stand is in danger of looking cheap and nasty compared to the original pictures which had everybody drooling.

Also it's too small. How can you encourage people to support HMFC if they can never get a ticket? If it's never possible to use the less attractive matches to have a free ticket promotion for children?

It was tongue in cheek :rofl:

It's too wee

It's gonnae look pish

It's the wrong colour

It's too cheap

Mad budge oot

Let my laddie back in 

:cornette:

Bowmans_Boot

It's too wee

It's gonnae look pish

It's the wrong colour

It's too cheap

Mad budge oot

Let my laddie back in

:cornette:

A rather simplistic way of labelling anybody who doesnt cream their pants over every single minite detail of the new stand. Some people have criticisms, doubts, concerns....these are just as valid as those who blindly post, "the best stand EVER!! ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!" every single day.

Independence

A rather simplistic way of labelling anybody who doesnt cream their pants over every single minite detail of the new stand. Some people have criticisms, doubts, concerns....these are just as valid as those who blindly post, "the best stand EVER!! ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD!!" every single day.

Wow what a strange post! Its Hearts, its our stand, its come after years of not knowing if we would stay at Tynecastle never mind building a  a new stand so to the majority of us it is the BEST stand in the world! Of course it is easy to criticise and at times correct to do so but....get real for goodness sake!

Er, you realise you're not allowed to post without pictures Mr Sifter? :)

lol you'll have to gimme a day off. On the sauce wi the missus today mate. Just enjoyed a beautiful treacle infused salmon starter at Badger & Co. I'll try and get to Tynie later tho :-)

Bowmans_Boot

Wow what a strange post! Its Hearts, its our stand, its come after years of not knowing if we would stay at Tynecastle never mind building a a new stand so to the majority of us it is the BEST stand in the world! Of course it is easy to criticise and at times correct to do so but....get real for goodness sake!

I dont like that as soon as anybody posts anything remotely negative they are instantly attacked/told to shut up/asked to leave this thread to positivity. It has happened numerous times.

But yes, I am delighted with staying at Tynecastle and the new stand! Getting it finished fully concerns me, rhough.

Francis Albert

Yes. That's what the plans suggest.

Although the concourse doesn't appear as spacious as the other stands and might have a block in the middle (green lines).

0d85590f66bf9cf3baf791b758a1524a.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the plan which led me to say there were two small kiosks, in my seemingly outrageously negative post which ( intending to be positive) dared to suggest that our wonderful new stand/stadium could just possibly be made more wonderful still through future FoH funding. I missed the two very tiny kiosks at the back. Mea culpa!

I also see on closer examination that there is a largish area labelled "Servery" which sounds like it may also have something to do with catering?

Edited by Francis Albert

Bad Religion

This is the plan which led me to say there were two small kiosks, in my outrageously negative post which dared to suggest that our wonderful new stand/stadium could just possibly be made more wonderful still through future FoH funding. I missed the two very tiny kiosks at the back. Mea culpa!

I also see on closer examination that there is a largish area labelled "Servery" which sounds like it may have something to do with catering?

Get your eyes tested grandpa Edited by Bad Religion

Independence

This is the plan which led me to say there were two small kiosks, in my seemingly outrageously negative post which (in what I intended to be a positive) dared to suggest that our wonderful new stand/stadium could just possibly be made more wonderful still through future FoH funding. I missed the two very tiny kiosks at the back. Mea culpa!

I also see on closer examination that there is a largish area labelled "Servery" which sounds like it may also have something to do with catering?

How did you miss it?

Independence

I dont like that as soon as anybody posts anything remotely negative they are instantly attacked/told to shut up/asked to leave this thread to positivity. It has happened numerous times.

But yes, I am delighted with staying at Tynecastle and the new stand! Getting it finished fully concerns me, rhough.

What are your concerns? Are these concerns Mrs Budge is aware of? How can we resolve it? Do we need to give more cash? I would be happy to increase my FoH contribution if it was essential?

Bowmans_Boot

What are your concerns? Are these concerns Mrs Budge is aware of? How can we resolve it? Do we need to give more cash? I would be happy to increase my FoH contribution if it was essential?

My concerns are that we dont have enough money to finish it!!

Hello hibby ######.

I'm a Hearts fan with an opinion. And in my opinion the new stand is in danger of looking cheap and nasty compared to the original pictures which had everybody drooling.

Also it's too small. How can you encourage people to support HMFC if they can never get a ticket? If it's never possible to use the less attractive matches to have a free ticket promotion for children?

Hello Greenginger

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

it will definitely be finished.. Worst case we require one more year of Foh donations Edited by kingantti1874

Bowmans_Boot

it will definitely be finished.. Worst case we require one more year of Foh donations

I think that's what is going to happen, as it is vital it is completely finished in order to maximise revenue.

kingantti1874

I think that's what is going to happen, as it is vital it is completely finished in order to maximise revenue.

Massively important year on and off..

Francis Albert

I'd be surprised or maybe just disappointed if foh agreed to a further delay in taking ownership while debentures and 500 club type schemes haven't been tried.

Jambof3tornado

The rooftop restaurant/hospitality area, does it come out as far as the top of the curved facade or does it sit back a bit?

Jamborello

This is the plan which led me to say there were two small kiosks, in my seemingly outrageously negative post which ( intending to be positive) dared to suggest that our wonderful new stand/stadium could just possibly be made more wonderful still through future FoH funding. I missed the two very tiny kiosks at the back. Mea culpa!I also see on closer examination that there is a largish area labelled "Servery" which sounds like it may also have something to do with catering?

My apologies if pointing out your error has upset you, was just stating the facts.

I am as keen as anybody too see that we build the very best stand that we can within the limits of time, planning and budget that we have. I'm working on the assumption that our board and the people tasked with designing it feel the same way.

You seem keen to modify the stand before it has been built, and before anybody has had the chance to see if these 'small kiosks' are sufficient. So my questions are:

- where are you going to put these new facilities?

- do you think that the people designing the stand haven't considered how many kiosks, toilets etc are needed?

A few people have asked you how you would design it differently, still waiting for an answer to that.

Francis Albert

My apologies if pointing out your error has upset you, was just stating the facts.

I am as keen as anybody too see that we build the very best stand that we can within the limits of time, planning and budget that we have. I'm working on the assumption that our board and the people tasked with designing it feel the same way.

You seem keen to modify the stand before it has been built, and before anybody has had the chance to see if these 'small kiosks' are sufficient. So my questions are:

- where are you going to put these new facilities?

- do you think that the people designing the stand haven't considered how many kiosks, toilets etc are needed?

A few people have asked you how you would design it differently, still waiting for an answer to that.

I am not upset. I have said I am sorry for having got the number of kiosks wrong. What do you want me to do? Immolate myself in the centre circle before the first game in front of the new stand?

The main point of my post was the suggestion that FoH future funding could be used to further enhance the ground. Thank you for agreeing with me on that.

Edited by Francis Albert

Elias Henry Furst

Francis Albert hates diverting discussion on a thread to himself.

Absolutely hates it.

Jammy T is another.

Continually referring to previous reactions to their postings as if they somehow matter and they're opinions hold more relevance than them of others.

I'm undecided on whether it's a really good troll or theyre just really sad individuals.

davemclaren

We certainly didn't a year ago. Not a disaster as there is enought to build the stand now without the suites being fitted our . Both Bolton and Blackpool did it over a few years iirc and there is fund raising to close the gap.

Francis Albert

Francis Albert hates diverting discussion on a thread to himself.

Absolutely hates it.

Jammy T is another.

Continually referring to previous reactions to their postings as if they somehow matter and they're opinions hold more relevance than them of others.

I'm undecided on whether it's a really good troll or theyre just really sad individuals.

identify one post where i indulge in personal insults of the sort you have just tossed out. I disagree with Jammy T most of the time but i don't recognise your description. Edited by Francis Albert