New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Some mutants on here seem to be expecting the Emirates Stadium.

We are a small-level football club who are replacing a decrepit old stand with a brand new one which will be a million times better. Anyone moaning about the design should away and bum Lawrence Llewelyn Bowyn

lol.....now you've got them thinking. It'll be a discussion of colour schemes for the corporate suites and how many curtains we'll need for the glass frontage.

I am trying to rake through discussion and cant pin issue actual issue with new stand...

If someone prepared to, please summarise reasons to be negative getting brand new stand to complete stadium??

Cant think why to be negative myself. Find it totally confusing why be reason to complain/be negative even by some hearts fans standard's.

I am trying to rake through discussion and cant pin issue actual issue with new stand...

If someone prepared to, please summarise reasons to be negative getting brand new stand to complete stadium??

Cant think why to be negative myself. Find it totally confusing why be reason to complain/be negative even by some hearts fans standard's.

Because it looks like an office block (which it doesnt), it's too small (should be 30k), has no place for standing, only 2 kiosks (there will be 4), and the corners are not filled in (dont go there). 

FWIW: I'm delighted with it.

Because it looks like an office block (which it doesnt), it's too small (should be 30k), has no place for standing, only 2 kiosks (there will be 4), and the corners are not filled in (dont go there).

FWIW: I'm delighted with it.

Oh dear. Really strong arguments then hahaha

Thanks for listing

Bad Religion

Oh dear. Really strong arguments then hahaha

Thanks for listing

One pretty prominent poster who takes a keen interest in architecture is any minute now going to give us his thoughts on how the design could have been improved.

Just be careful not to ask him directly or he'll deflect onto FOH.

Buffalo Bill

IMG_2531.png

Away dressing room will be the same size as the home one

Edited by Buffalo Bill

sandylejambo

I done the tour before there were tours, Neil Murray was our English teacher, I'm sure it was in black and white.

Levein said they would make the away changing one as small as UEFA requirements allow it, so I guess can't get away with tiny ones!

Lucille's Thirsty

Levein said they would make the away changing one as small as UEFA requirements allow it, so I guess can't get away with tiny ones!

I read somewhere maybe could've been in this exact thread that we were putting pillars in the away dressing room as some sort of mind game?

August Landmesser

Also, home changing room has a separate warm-up area, I guess with exercise bikes and stuff, and a separate kit room. It will feel more spacious and less cluttered. The away room has an odd little corner too, and there's no reason not to install a fake pillar or two to mess with sightlines. It could be removed for semis or international games

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

bernardbresslawsarmchair

cheers i was sure i read that was starting to doubt myself

Italian Lambretta

Does anyone know if the new main stand concourse will be connected to the Gorgie stand just like it is on the Wheatfield side so you can walk all the way round?

Lucille's Thirsty

Does anyone know if the new main stand concourse will be connected to the Gorgie stand just like it is on the Wheatfield side so you can walk all the way round?

Aye.

at the end of redevelopment the four stands will be accessible from every stand.

The plans are clearly shown. Away dressing room is slightly smaller than the home. I doubt this is classed as making it deliberately uncomfortable seeing as ours will be the roughly the same size.

Also doubt we would be unprofessional enough as to stick columns in the middle of a newly built room unless they were really required.

Buffalo Bill

IMG_2523.png

Yes.

Was in the home dressing room recently and confirm that there is a room with a keyboard and a drum kit. Make of that what you will!

All roads lead to Gorgie

If we are going to have short term dugouts on the Wheatfield side are we keeping a spare seat for the managers sent to the stand. Where will Lennon have to sit. Ha ha.

highlandjambo3

Few posts back there was mention of bars and restaurants!! (Probably been mentioned a few times previously) but, feasibilly how many people will fit in pre match?

I know there is a considerable income stream for non match and, match day hospitality in the new stand but, for me Jonny ordinary, let's say I get a ticket in the new stand for a game, am I going to be able to just tip up for a beer and some food before kickoff??

I have a vision of the place being rammed full of fans. Are the kiosks/ facilities going to be MUCH MORE slicker than what's already there?

Lucille's Thirsty

Few posts back there was mention of bars and restaurants!! (Probably been mentioned a few times previously) but, feasibilly how many people will fit in pre match?

I know there is a considerable income stream for non match and, match day hospitality in the new stand but, for me Jonny ordinary, let's say I get a ticket in the new stand for a game, am I going to be able to just tip up for a beer and some food before kickoff??

I have a vision of the place being rammed full of fans. Are the kiosks/ facilities going to be MUCH MORE slicker than what's already there?

Once the main stand is up and running the other three stands will be getting some TLC mate which will improve Kiosks,Toilets etc.

It would be amazing if we had some sort of pub situated in the stadium we're home and away fans can mingle and have banter and you can keep drinking up until kick off so you don't miss much of the game but I don't think it'll be sustainable during summer months of no football.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Italian Lambretta

2 Lounges and a Directors Suite on the First floor. Would have been nice if they could have made one of the lounges a supporters bar. I would have been happy to pay an annual membership to get access to something like that

IMG_2523.png

Yes.

Edited by Italian Lambretta

I 'think' the main stand will still be very much 'corporate' focused at a variety of levels.

What happens to the Gorgie suite and Wheatfield undercroft once all office staff move to new stand may be more 'pint' focused but I imagine it will still be ticket based.

Once the 3G is laid on the community pitch, I think we can more 'pitch up' focused.

Remember you can't drink in a football stadium in Scotland unless ticketed so there are restrictions.

It was reported that having a more public drink at games was back on the agenda but Hibs and Rangers stuffed that up for at least one more generation.

I 'think' the main stand will still be very much 'corporate' focused at a variety of levels.

What happens to the Gorgie suite and Wheatfield undercroft once all office staff move to new stand may be more 'pint' focused but I imagine it will still be ticket based.

Once the 3G is laid on the community pitch, I think we can more 'pitch up' focused.

Remember you can't drink in a football stadium in Scotland unless ticketed so there are restrictions.

It was reported that having a more public drink at games was back on the agenda but Hibs and Rangers stuffed that up for at least one more generation.

King Of The Cat Cafe

im sure i read that they will be making the away changing rooms as small as legally allowed

I'm sure I read that clubs are not allowed to make (new) away dressing rooms smaller than the home ones.

Lucille's Thirsty

I know the stand is the main focus here but can't wait to see what they do around the surrounding areas of the main stand like the main door entrance,McLeod Street etc

Dougie Masterton

When passing Creagh concrete at Newbridge today, I noticed that the seating sections were being loaded ready for shipping out.

Gorgie_Rules

Pretty sure the club confirmed that the temporary club shop and ticket office that is currently under the Wheatfield can be converted into a supporters bar if the demand is there for it and FoH contributions remain to fund it (and such other projects). There is also a significant amount of space either end of the Wheatfield that can be used for future expansions.

A bar where you could go and watch the 12.30 (and potentially 5.30 kick offs) would be a great idea. The bar could also be used for non-match day events for example PPV boxing which can be difficult to find somewhere decent to watch in Edinburgh

Pretty sure the club confirmed that the temporary club shop and ticket office that is currently under the Wheatfield can be converted into a supporters bar if the demand is there for it and FoH contributions remain to fund it (and such other projects). There is also a significant amount of space either end of the Wheatfield that can be used for future expansions.

A bar where you could go and watch the 12.30 (and potentially 5.30 kick offs) would be a great idea. The bar could also be used for non-match day events for example PPV boxing which can be difficult to find somewhere decent to watch in Edinburgh

Be happy to pay an annual membership fee for a decent pub like that. Maybe a discounted price for FOH members or something. Edited by HMFC86

The glazed curve.

Will the glass sheets be framed (like the new Boroughmuir school & indeed the glazed bits at Fountain Park) or will the edges of each glass section butt against each other so as to appear seamless?

Similar to Fountain Park

FarmerTweedy

IMG_2531.png

Strictly speaking, the plan shows it being slightly smaller as there's a bit cut out in one corner for something else (looks like maybe a toilet)?

In addition, the home area has an additional warmup area.

Pics don't do the size justice. Was down the other day. Can't wait

agree. I was passing on Friday so nipped down for a look.

We're getting a structure to be proud of and says "main stand". Not some thrown up quickie that doesn't distinguish from the others.

Edited by Debut 4

jamboinglasgow

When passing Creagh concrete at Newbridge today, I noticed that the seating sections were being loaded ready for shipping out.

Thats great to hear. Hopefully it means that they will arrive and start to be fitted this week. Will look striking from the Wheatfield with the seating sections in place above the main stand.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Thats great to hear. Hopefully it means that they will arrive and start to be fitted this week. Will look striking from the Wheatfield with the seating sections in place above the main stand.

I was thinking they would completely demolish the old stand first and then fit them from pitch side but maybe the plan is to build downwards by dropping the sections through the gaps between the roof beams. We will find out very soon anyway.

Strictly speaking, the plan shows it being slightly smaller as there's a bit cut out in one corner for something else (looks like maybe a toilet)?

In addition, the home area has an additional warmup area.

it is marked as an interview room

been here before

On the tour I was on, it was said that there is still (in)conveniently a nice pillar in the away changing room.

And there's that pointless wooden 'step' at the door.

Shanks said no

6 flagpoles, deciding which flags to fly will be an interesting debate! (am I allowed to mention this?)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

6 flagpoles, deciding which flags to fly will be an interesting debate! (am I allowed to mention this?)

:troll:

:wink:

Edited by Gavsy Van Gaverson

Sign we're reducing the foreign contingent at the club