New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

The Natural Order

The rooftop restaurant/hospitality area, does it come out as far as the top of the curved facade or does it sit back a bit?

Sits back a but so you can have the terrace around it.

davemclaren

identify one post where i indulge in personal insults of the sort you have just tossed out. I disagree with Jammy T most of the time but i don't recognise your description.

You are a bit curmudgeonly though. :)

J.T.F.Robertson

What do you want me to do? Immolate myself in the centre circle before the first game in front of the new stand?

More attention seeking. ;)

Jamboelite

I am not upset. I have said I am sorry for having got the number of kiosks wrong. What do you want me to do? Immolate myself in the centre circle before the first game in front of the new stand?

The main point of my post was the suggestion that FoH future funding could be used to further enhance the ground. Thank you for agreeing with me on that.

You get a hard time but i totally agree with you re FOH contributions to enhance the stand.

Jamboelite

We certainly didn't a year ago. Not a disaster as there is enought to build the stand now without the suites being fitted our . Both Bolton and Blackpool did it over a few years iirc and there is fund raising to close the gap.

The suites generate the income though so for me short term gap needs filled so we are on time for March 18' and then some revenue from corporate is diverted back to pay it.

Not saying debt long term but a fixed plan we adhere too and with the current owner that isnt a risk.

Bowmans_Boot

We certainly didn't a year ago. Not a disaster as there is enought to build the stand now without the suites being fitted our . Both Bolton and Blackpool did it over a few years iirc and there is fund raising to close the gap.

Given that the hospitality suites have been pushed hard as the way we can generate more income, although it isnt a disaster it would be significant money lost.

I doubt the fundraising will come anywhere near closing the gap, do you think it will?

Bowmans_Boot

What are you basing these concerns on?

The fact that the club said so. That is why we are fundraising for it.

kingantti1874

Given that the hospitality suites have been pushed hard as the way we can generate more income, although it isnt a disaster it would be significant money lost.

I doubt the fundraising will come anywhere near closing the gap, do you think it will?

We don't actually know how big the gap is.. Iunderstabd nearly a mill was set aside for the hybrid pitch which is now deferred.. We may get 800k for paterson and Nicholson which we could use, the screens will be a good few hundred k which could also be deferred without issue..

sairyinthat

The fact that the club said so. That is why we are fundraising for it.

Wouldn't worry about it pretty sure there are people in the background ready to step in to assist.

Jambof3tornado

Sits back a but so you can have the terrace around it.

Cool. Just wondered as its all artists impressions I've seen. Does the terrace come right up to the edge of the glass facade then? Cannae fekkin wait.

davemclaren

I'm not convinced the fundrausing will.

Elias Henry Furst

identify one post where i indulge in personal insults of the sort you have just tossed out. I disagree with Jammy T most of the time but i don't recognise your description.

I never suggested you indulged in personal insults.

Anyway, I'm done talking about a subject that isn't related to the thread.

Jamborello

What do you want me to do? Immolate myself in the centre circle before the first game in front of the new stand?

Of course not!

Imagine the mess it would make of our lovely pitch ;)

Lucille's Thirsty

I wonder what purpose people are expecting to get when they come onto a good natured thread where all decent Hearts men come to enjoy what is a significant event in our clubs history just too annoy people and nick pick about the most positive thing happening at Hearts right now.

This new stand will be a massive improvement on what we had and I ain't the sentimental type about the old main stand I thought it was not befitting of a club Hearts size.

It's a miracle any club outside the old firm can get a brand new stand in a backwater league like ours.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

Bowmans_Boot

We don't actually know how big the gap is.. Iunderstabd nearly a mill was set aside for the hybrid pitch which is now deferred.. We may get 800k for paterson and Nicholson which we could use, the screens will be a good few hundred k which could also be deferred without issue..

Given that we need fans to sit in the stand, I think any fees received should go back in to the team.

Francis Albert

I never suggested you indulged in personal insults.

Anyway, I'm done talking about a subject that isn't related to the thread.

I didn't say you suggested I indulge in personal insults. . I said you did.

I am not entirely sure why suggesting FoH may contribute to further enhancing our magnificent new stand/ ground isn't related to the thread.

Calling people "sad individuals" on the other hand ...

I shouldn't I know ... but so far it looks to be shaping up to look like a run of the mill office block of circa 1970, with the sort of curtain wall structure (albeit with a curve!) they began throwing up in New York and elsewhere 80 years ago. Maybe it will be better when the glass and other coloured bits in the artists impression are in place.

But it will perform its function well I am sure, which is the main thing.

What were you expecting? Taj Mahal? Great Pyramids?

Independence

I'd be surprised or maybe just disappointed if foh agreed to a further delay in taking ownership while debentures and 500 club type schemes haven't been tried.

Jeez give it a rest...just for a couple of days..........please?

The rooftop restaurant/hospitality area, does it come out as far as the top of the curved facade or does it sit back a bit?

Sits back with an open terrace to sip ones champagne....

Cool. Just wondered as its all artists impressions I've seen. Does the terrace come right up to the edge of the glass facade then? Cannae fekkin wait.

Yes

Hello hibby ######.

I'm a Hearts fan with an opinion. And in my opinion the new stand is in danger of looking cheap and nasty compared to the original pictures which had everybody drooling.

Also it's too small. How can you encourage people to support HMFC if they can never get a ticket? If it's never possible to use the less attractive matches to have a free ticket promotion for children?

Take your h1b5 pish and ram it sideways.

So it's "cheap and nasty" now - you're a classic Pete, a veritable classic!

Jamborello

lol you'll have to gimme a day off. On the sauce wi the missus today mate. Just enjoyed a beautiful treacle infused salmon starter at Badger & Co. I'll try and get to Tynie later tho :-)

You see, this is what this thread degrades into when you don't post pictures, so no pressure :)

Francis Albert

Jeez give it a rest...just for a couple of days..........please?

Are you saying you disagree with my view that other funding options should be considered before FoH  should be asked to contribute more than the ?6m they already have committed to? And if so why? It is a message board.  Where you are supposed to discuss things with people you disagree with.

Some seem to find that a very difficult concept to grasp.

Edited by Francis Albert

Some people are being deliberately picky.

The club have already said they are trying to avoid tieing up future revenue by offering Debentures and 500 club type deals. That seems a reasonable policy to me as people would be expecting extra returns for investing. The 500 club incentives meant for every ?500 raised the club had to return ?600 to investors.

I'm surprised some of our more financialy aware posters seem to be blind to this fact. Still they say there are none as blind as those that don't want to see.

Much easier to pick faults.

Francis Albert

Some people are being deliberately picky.

The club have already said they are trying to avoid tieing up future revenue by offering Debentures and 500 club type deals. That seems a reasonable policy to me as people would be expecting extra returns for investing. The 500 club incentives meant for every ?500 raised the club had to return ?600 to investors.

I'm surprised some of our more financialy aware posters seem to be blind to this fact. Still they say there are none as blind as those that don't want to see.

Much easier to pick faults.

Tieing up future revenue (in the form of FoH pledges) seemed OK with Ann's loan (plus 6% per annum interest).

I think we could easily finance any gap in funding of the new stand at considerably less cost.

But if we can get it for free, why not?

Apart from Debentures,500 club or FOH contributions how do folk think we could have paid for this stand ?

Bearing in mind when we were on our uppers there wasn't exactly too many benefactors around.

Armageddon

The curve will make sure any branding is shown better while approaching from each side at a distance.  

unnamed.jpg

I think that's what is going to happen, as it is vital it is completely finished in order to maximise revenue.

Exactly and that extra revenue will be more than enough to cover the shortfall in its 1st year of being in operation

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

As opposed to you constantly coming out with comments that bring disrespect to our Head Coach.

I might say our Head Coach constantly brings disrespect to our club with his dodgy signings, his weak leadership and his 5 wins out of 26 games then again i think he's doing a fabulous job and if he keeps going like his previous 26 games in charge we'll be lucky to keep him.

Jamboelite

I might say our Head Coach constantly brings disrespect to our club with his dodgy signings, his weak leadership and his 5 wins out of 26 games then again i think he's doing a fabulous job and if he keeps going like his previous 26 games in charge we'll be lucky to keep him.

Just copy and paste saves you time re writing the same thing.

Lied to. Weak leadership. 1970s office block. ****s sake. Total nongers.

Let's keep with the photos of the erection and quit the trolling. Moaning is fine, trolling is as dull as watching Hibs.

jamboinglasgow

I am not upset. I have said I am sorry for having got the number of kiosks wrong. What do you want me to do? Immolate myself in the centre circle before the first game in front of the new stand?

The main point of my post was the suggestion that FoH future funding could be used to further enhance the ground. Thank you for agreeing with me on that.

To be fair I agree. I did find worrying that the FoH is proposing using funds for the clubs everyday revenue. Its a slippery slope if we have to rely on FoH money to maintain the day to day running of the club. It should be seen as a fund for investment to build up the club or a way to pay for (or help in part pay for) larger projects for improving the infrastructure of the club. As you say something like putting screens up are a clear example of it. By the FoH paying for it then it improves the match day experience and brings in extra revenue opportunities for the club through advertising.

davemclaren

To be fair I agree. I did find worrying that the FoH is proposing using funds for the clubs everyday revenue. Its a slippery slope if we have to rely on FoH money to maintain the day to day running of the club. It should be seen as a fund for investment to build up the club or a way to pay for (or help in part pay for) larger projects for improving the infrastructure of the club. As you say something like putting screens up are a clear example of it. By the FoH paying for it then it improves the match day experience and brings in extra revenue opportunities for the club through advertising.

I agree with this. Ultimately it will be up to the members.

Gigolo-Aunt

Good post JIG.  This is exactly where I'm at as well.

siegementality

Your signature tells us everything we need to know about you. Back in the day you were moaning about Romanov, now it's Cathro, and no doubt you were moaning about plenty in between. You even the brass neck to moan about other people moaning. You, without a shadow of a doubt are just a moaner. Just for the sake of a wee bit variety, even if it's just so you yourself can hear that your voice has more than one tone, is there any chance of posting something remotely positive.

What were you expecting? Taj Mahal? Great Pyramids?

In Edinburgh, surely it would be the Radge Mahal?

Footballfirst

I'd certainly hope that the club never gets to the stage of being reliant on FOH income. It should be viewed as a "good to have" rather than a "need to have". As the club grows its turnover, then the boost that FOH can provide should become less critical to the club's day to day operations, e.g when the Club's annual turnover was ?7M and FOH was contributing ?1.4m it was a 20% boost. Assuming the turnover rises to ?12m and pledges settle down at ?1m long term, then the boost would be down to 8.3%. 

When finalising the governance proposals, the FOH Board should at least offer pledgers the option of directing their contributions to either to "working capital" or "specific projects". That could lessen the risk of pledges dropping off in the medium to long term.

jambos are go!

I agree with this. Ultimately it will be up to the members

I agree as well. It would be much more honest to up ticket prices. However,  IIRC the biggest advantage of FOH subscriptions/donations are that  they don't attract VAT because you are not buying anything tangible like a ticket. So you don't lose 20%. Spend the money on fan friendly  projects.

Edited by jambos are go!

There are no new beams. those are temporary rails for workies.

Ah, makes sense - thanks for that! :)

Independence

GIE IT A REST....... PLEASE? WE GET YOUR POINT< YOUR VIEW and that you obviously like attention.

Independence

Your signature tells us everything we need to know about you. Back in the day you were moaning about Romanov, now it's Cathro, and no doubt you were moaning about plenty in between. You even the brass neck to moan about other people moaning. You, without a shadow of a doubt are just a moaner. Just for the sake of a wee bit variety, even if it's just so you yourself can hear that your voice has more than one tone, is there any chance of posting something remotely positive.

..or maybe mitch41 the solution?

Clark Griswold

Haven't been on this thread in a couple of days and it's turned to a nit picking, squabble fest. Some folk really are never happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the most positive person you'll ever meet unless you are incompetent and lazy. Then i will get on you case just like all successful managers. Hearts are my team and i want them to be the best they can be. So if i see my team being harmed i moan, GUILTY.

I'm the most positive person you'll ever meet unless you are incompetent and lazy. Then i will get on you case just like all successful managers. Hearts are my team and i want them to be the best they can be. So if i see my team being harmed i moan, GUILTY.

This thread is about our new stand. Bore off somewhere else.