Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Templeton Peck

News feed awash with adults dressed up.  

I saw pictures of a couple who had blacked up in their costumes. More worryingly was a few police officers had liked it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

News feed awash with adults dressed up.  More annoyingly, adults dressed the same as their children.  Or babies with pumpkin hats on "my wee pumpkin xx" 

I don't get it, I really don't.  

Is it me or has Halloween been cranked up a few notches this year? Some of the effort that has gone into the make-up and costumes is ridiculous.

I don't get it either.

(Babies dressed as pumpkins is acceptable imo as it is just a bit of fun.)

Edited by Nookie Bear

Is it me or has Halloween been cranked up a few notches this year? Some of the effort that has gone into the make-up and costumes is ridiculous.

I don't get it either.

(Babies dressed as pumpkins is acceptable imo as it is just a bit of fun.)

It's the americanised version of it.

It'll only get worse over the next 5-10 years.

Now it's trick or treating not guising.

It's the americanised version of it.

It'll only get worse over the next 5-10 years.

Now it's trick or treating not guising.

Was thinking the same myself over the weekend

Kids now come to my door saying trick or treat rather than saying anything for the guisers, also in my day it was a turnip you would use and all the shops now are full of pumpkins

Fair play to the people who were out on sat night as some of the outfits had a lot of work put into them and that's before they put make up on.... A black witches hat used to be enough but nowadays people go out and spend ?100's on something to wear.

Next year these people will want to go one better so it's only going to get worse

Was thinking the same myself over the weekend

Kids now come to my door saying trick or treat rather than saying anything for the guisers, also in my day it was a turnip you would use and all the shops now are full of pumpkins

Fair play to the people who were out on sat night as some of the outfits had a lot of work put into them and that's before they put make up on.... A black witches hat used to be enough but nowadays people go out and spend ?100's on something to wear.

Next year these people will want to go one better so it's only going to get worse

It was trick or treat when I was knocking 20 years ago.

Jimmy_McNulty

"This month has 5 fridays, saturdays and sundays. It happens once every 863 years. The Chinese call it "Moneybags"".

No you ****ing dipit *****.

If the 1st of the month is a Friday and it has 31 days, it will have 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and this will happen once every 6 years.

Morons.

"This month has 5 fridays, saturdays and sundays. It happens once every 863 years. The Chinese call it "Moneybags"".

No you ******* dipit *****.

If the 1st of the month is a Friday and it has 31 days, it will have 5 Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays and this will happen once every 6 years.

Morons.

That really annoys me. It happens a lot more than every 6 years though.

No you ******* dipit *****.

Morons.

• 2 weeks later...

The dole scrounging tramps at the end of my street just asked for money on Facebook. "Can someone lend us a tenner so Darren can get to court tomorrow?"

I hate them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimmy_McNulty

That really annoys me. It happens a lot more than every 6 years though.

I meant once every 6 years for a particular month. Obviously, all months combined is more frequent.

I'm no one of those dipit ***** :)

Edited by Jimmy_McNulty

I meant once every 6 years for a particular month. Obviously, all months combined is more frequent.

I'm no one of those dipit ***** :)

:thumbsup:

The dole scrounging tramps at the end of my street just asked for money on Facebook. "Can someone lend us a tenner so Darren can get to court tomorrow?"

I hate them.

Yeesh thats low. Sound like scumbags..

Genuine q... why do u have them on facebook?

Yeesh thats low. Sound like scumbags..

Genuine q... why do u have them on facebook?

When we first moved here we got invited to theirs for a party, other neighbours were going so we made the effort to be nice & join in. Few beers, phones out, everybody's adding on Facebook. Big mistake. At first i was getting private msgs asking for money, once they realised I was ignoring them, they start sending the kids round to ask. Almost daily they come round & ask for something. Sometimes it's a wee note through the door asking for anything between 30p-?20.

They are scumbags. I've seen him leave his new born outside the bookies while he goes in & spends his dole which inevitably results in the female marching round in her jammies and screaming at him in the street. I could rant for ages about them but you probably wouldn't believe half the stuff.

But yeh, publicly begging for money on Facebook is a new low. Saying that, she was begging for a "spare Christmas tree" last year!

When we first moved here we got invited to theirs for a party, other neighbours were going so we made the effort to be nice & join in. Few beers, phones out, everybody's adding on Facebook. Big mistake. At first i was getting private msgs asking for money, once they realised I was ignoring them, they start sending the kids round to ask. Almost daily they come round & ask for something. Sometimes it's a wee note through the door asking for anything between 30p-?20.

They are scumbags. I've seen him leave his new born outside the bookies while he goes in & spends his dole which inevitably results in the female marching round in her jammies and screaming at him in the street. I could rant for ages about them but you probably wouldn't believe half the stuff.

But yeh, publicly begging for money on Facebook is a new low. Saying that, she was begging for a "spare Christmas tree" last year!

Ooh...I have a spare Christmas tree if you're interested.

Sounds like they deserve their own thread.

I thought about it :lol:

Last week a note popped through the door, "this is a red face asking you (??) but could we borrow.." whatever amount it was. I picked up the note, opened the door and looked out, the wee boy was going along posting presumably the same note through every door down the street.

A shame really.

Салатные палочки

I thought about it :lol:

Last week a note popped through the door, "this is a red face asking you (??) but could we borrow.." whatever amount it was. I picked up the note, opened the door and looked out, the wee boy was going along posting presumably the same note through every door down the street.

A shame really.

WTF?  I have never heard anything like that in my life.  I stayed below to junkies a few years ago and they chapped the door every now and again asking for sugar, a bit of coffee, some skins whatever.  It stopped when my son was born and I told them to stop chapping the door at night.  

But, sending the kids out with begging letters has to be the lowest of the low.  If you have to brass neck it and ask for money at least have the decency to do it yourself.  

WTF? I have never heard anything like that in my life. I stayed below to junkies a few years ago and they chapped the door every now and again asking for sugar, a bit of coffee, some skins whatever. It stopped when my son was born and I told them to stop chapping the door at night.

But, sending the kids out with begging letters has to be the lowest of the low. If you have to brass neck it and ask for money at least have the decency to do it yourself.

The sad thing is it has sort of become the norm. It doesn't shock us anymore. They were sending the younger laddie down to another neighbour (nice couple, polite kids who my kids play with) that often that she eventually posted on Facebook something along the lines of "stop sending your children to my door asking for money, you haven't paid me back from the last time, I'm not giving you anymore" Her reply was "can't even ask your neighbours for help nowadays".

I've not even scratched the surface either.

Nightmare trying to get to the front page of these threads on mobile

Are you using Tapatalk? If you touch the page number at the bottom you can select any page.

chester copperpot

Are you using Tapatalk? If you touch the page number at the bottom you can select any page.

More stories plz :lol:

Incidentally, where is it you stay?

:lol:

I'd rather not say tbh. Where to start....

The time he came to my door asking for ?2 to buy milk for the baby. Not falling for it, I have him a cup of milk. He went home (I was watching from upstairs window) then went down to the next neighbour asking the same with the same result. Don't know if he ever got his ?2. Think his kitchen was full of half full cups of milk.

Or the time he and another guy got their sons, about 13 yr old, to have a fist fight in the street over a disagreement in school. The neighbours laddie got slapped and burst out crying.

Or the time she openly laughed at my wife for paying for shopping when there are perfectly good food banks in edinburgh.

Not enough face palms for them.

Edited by madvladsdad

The following came on my feed the other day:

"Like if you hate cancer if not you want your parents to die from it"

I literally had to read it a few times to absorb it.  Who in their right mind actually goes along with this sick bullshit?

Салатные палочки

Chatsworth Estate by the sounds of it 

Nationalists who "hate the BBC" refuse to pay their license fee but seem to every day post a link to it saying how biased it is etc.  They are effing obsessed with it.  A boycott does not mean reading it everyday looking for something to post to your facebook and complain about.

Idiots.

The sad thing is it has sort of become the norm. It doesn't shock us anymore. They were sending the younger laddie down to another neighbour (nice couple, polite kids who my kids play with) that often that she eventually posted on Facebook something along the lines of "stop sending your children to my door asking for money, you haven't paid me back from the last time, I'm not giving you anymore" Her reply was "can't even ask your neighbours for help nowadays".

I've not even scratched the surface either.

:laugh:

Keep 'em coming.

chester copperpot

:lol:

I'd rather not say tbh. Where to start....

The time he came to my door asking for ?2 to buy milk for the baby. Not falling for it, I have him a cup of milk. He went home (I was watching from upstairs window) then went down to the next neighbour asking the same with the same result. Don't know if he ever got his ?2. Think his kitchen was full of half full cups of milk.

Or the time he and another guy got their sons, about 13 yr old, to have a fist fight in the street over a disagreement in school. The neighbours laddie got slapped and burst out crying.

Or the time she openly laughed at my wife for paying for shopping when there are perfectly good food banks in edinburgh.

Not enough face palms for them.

Perfectly good food banks :lol:

That is ****ing tragic actually and they sound like the sort of folk that have sullied the name of decent folk who are genuinely suffering. I ****ing hate people like this.

The shock in her face when I told her we pay for electricity. He pre pay meter gets topped up for her, you see.

Craig Gordons Gloves

Folk sharing these blatantly fake "offers" from British Airways and the likes.

THIS! I saw one last week from "Brittish Airways"  I always enjoy the ones that say that Apple (with a full stop at the end of their name) have open box iPads to give away as they can't sell them.  Clowns.

chester copperpot

The shock in her face when I told her we pay for electricity. He pre pay meter gets topped up for her, you see.

How the buggery do you get your leccy paid for.

I though even those on the Rock n roll still had to pay for it?

Салатные палочки

How the buggery do you get your leccy paid for.

I though even those on the Rock n roll still had to pay for it?

Sometimes the Social Work give out money for leccy or gas cards if theres children in the house.  

Other than that, rigged meter probably,  there's still ways to do it apparently.  

Sometimes the Social Work give out money for leccy or gas cards if theres children in the house.

Other than that, rigged meter probably, there's still ways to do it apparently.

The first one seems most likely. The social workers take the kids out to M&Ds & the like.

chester copperpot

The first one seems most likely. The social workers take the kids out to M&Ds & the like.

Ffs man. I know it's not the kids faults but what kind of a future have they got with parents like this.

Used to have a wee laddie who was in my football team who the social work gave money to his mum so he could get a taxi up to training and would always get a text saying could I pick him up as she had no money to get him up there.

Only for me to turn up at his front door and she'd answer it half jake'd all the time.

It was a shame as he was a cracking laddie and smashing wee player but what hope does he have.

Edited by chester copperpot

Салатные палочки

"Sending you healing prayers" to someone who has just sprained their ankle. 

**** right off, when did you become some sort of mystical faith healer?  You work in the Co-op.  

Some weirdo on the hearts fan page on Facebook claiming to have had a marriage proposal from a hearts player so the player could get a green card!!

Some weirdo on the hearts fan page on Facebook claiming to have had a marriage proposal from a hearts player so the player could get a green card!!

Seen that this morning, what a roaster.

Doctor FinnBarr

"Sending you healing prayers" to someone who has just sprained their ankle. 

**** right off, when did you become some sort of mystical faith healer?  You work in the Co-op.  

Yes, how did you know?

Tired of every second post being about Cameron and Syria. Regardless of the arguments for and against the action, I don't need a quote from David "Looney Tunes" Icke to tell me Cameron is a Very Bad Man Indeed.

If you're posting it, don't fool yourself you are being politically active, you're just regurgitating a meme it took someone 30 seconds to create.

It's tiresome shit tbh